Multiple Replies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was going through my own thread, and was trying to answer questions from a couple people, but I now get this message.

You are attempting to reply to a topic where you are the last poster and the post is less than 12 hours old and/or has not received a reply since your last post.

If the forum you posted in allows you to edit your last post please do so or wait until 12 hours has passed from the time you made your last post.

This restriction has been put into place to limit multiple consecutive replies from members to a topic. Having many replies from the same person to a topic can be confusing to readers.

What's this all about now? I have to wait 12 hours between answering questions for 3 different people?

Can you provide a link? As stated in the popup text, you are only restricted from making consecutive posts in the same thread. This is done primarily for reasons of keeping the forums looking neat, avoiding confusion of one person's multiple replies, and keeping the loading times down. This restriction only kicks in when you attempt to reply to your own post within 12 hours. Once someone replies, you can post as usual. If you do forget to mention something within the 12 hours, you can very easily edit your post. Hope that helps.

It was in my 75G planted thread. There were 2 people with questions, I answered one. Then went to the 2nd persons question and hit quote to answer his question, and it wouldn't allow me to. I had to go the long way around and copy his question and in another quote, edited the first reply I made and added the 2nd question. And as for waiting for another reply to do that, still haven't had any replies so I can't post anything else in my own thread, or post new pics when I complete the next stage in my planted tank process, at least until someone else replies, which could be days. lol

Also, not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I had 3 times where I hit quote to reply to a persons question, and when I hit send, it came up in a completely different thread, so I had to edit it out because it didn't belong in that thread, and go back to where I was and replied to their question. Was strange. Has only done this since the upgrade.

Lonewolfblue said:
And as for waiting for another reply to do that, still haven't had any replies so I can't post anything else in my own thread, or post new pics when I complete the next stage in my planted tank process, at least until someone else replies, which could be days. lol

No, not days, just 12 hours. When someone posts after you, you can post as usual, and in 99% of the cases, it's less than 12 hours. If you post some pics, for example, and no one replies, you would have to wait 12 hours before posting another pic, or, as stated before, just edit your existing post.

Lonewolfblue said:
Also, not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I had 3 times where I hit quote to reply to a persons question, and when I hit send, it came up in a completely different thread, so I had to edit it out because it didn't belong in that thread, and go back to where I was and replied to their question. Was strange. Has only done this since the upgrade.

I have not heard of this problem. I'll bring it to fishfreek's attention.

Lonewolfblue said:
It was in my 75G planted thread. There were 2 people with questions, I answered one. Then went to the 2nd persons question and hit quote to answer his question, and it wouldn't allow me to. I had to go the long way around and copy his question and in another quote, edited the first reply I made and added the 2nd question. And as for waiting for another reply to do that, still haven't had any replies so I can't post anything else in my own thread, or post new pics when I complete the next stage in my planted tank process, at least until someone else replies, which could be days. lol

An t-iasg said:
Lonewolfblue said:
And as for waiting for another reply to do that, still haven't had any replies so I can't post anything else in my own thread, or post new pics when I complete the next stage in my planted tank process, at least until someone else replies, which could be days. lol

No, not days, just 12 hours. When someone posts after you, you can post as usual, and in 99% of the cases, it's less than 12 hours. If you post some pics, for example, and no one replies, you would have to wait 12 hours before posting another pic, or, as stated before, just edit your existing post.

Lonewolfblue said:

I have not heard of this problem. I'll bring it to fishfreek's attention.

Another test.

There is little need to post multiple replies one after eachother. I can see the logic in posting multiple replys to answer individual questions but at the same time its just as easy to answer all the questions in one reply. IF something is forgotten you can edit your post to include the things that you forgot. If someone replys within a minute of your post you can follow up with another post as you no longer are the most recent poster in that topic.

The 12 hour wait time period only exists if you are the last person to post in a topic and your trying to post another reply. If your not the last person to post in the topic there is no time check.

As far as teh quoteing issue I have not seen this. I just posted two quote replys in this topic by hitting the quote button on your post and on the post below with no issues. If you see this continue please provide as much info as you can about your browser, how your doing the quote and links to the inital topic and the topic the post got created in.

Back
Top Bottom