Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toothfairy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m new to fish keeping and I have an issue. I have a 30 gallon tank. I have 2 mollies, 5 tetras, 2 platys, a betta, 2 mini sized plecos, 2 Gouramis and 2 guppies. I have done a lot of research and have done everything I can to build a very comfy tank. The temperature and chemical levels are monitored regularly, I clean the floor of the tank and do a water change weekly. I added my last fish, a powder blue gourami, a few weeks ago and everyone was getting along fine. Until today, my guppies are tormenting my platys chasing them and nipping their fins. I took the guppies out of the aquarium, they don’t bother each other or any of the other fish at all. I just don’t get it, I would have thought if there was an issue it would be with the gouramis but they all get along fine. I read online to add female guppy’s but I’m maxed out on capacity and I don’t want them to breed. I’m kind of at a loss as to what to do. Any suggestions out there?

Back
Top Bottom