New Photo Gallery available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
The adminsitration of Aquarium advice.com is proud to announce the we have upgraded our photo album software to what is regarded in the forum community as the best photohandling software available. We are making the software available a few days before removing the older gallery software, so those of you with gallerys have an opportunity to move your photos to the new gallery. We ask that to conserve server space you delete the photos out of the old gallery after you move them to the new gallery. You will have until April 1st to move your photos.

The new gallery software is really very user friendly. The new gallery will have catagories to upload photos to, for example: if you have a pic of a yellow tang you would upload it to the "tangs angels and butterflys" catagory. The pic will automatically be uploaded to your member gallery, but will also be cross referenced by what type of fish, plant, coral, pond etc....This is really exciting because it could aid new members in identification of some of their wet pets. Also with the new software, it will not be necessary for an admin to "set up" a gallery for you, all members are free to upload photos. At this point all photos must be approved by an admin before they will be visible, but we anticipate removing that restriction very shortly.

From the gallery you will be able to link to photos in your gallery to be shown "in line". To do this simply right click on your pic, select properties and copy the URL, then in your post add it using the img button, or manually add the img tags. This becomes important since there are upload quotas in how much you can upload via attatchments.

All members will have 1MB of space allotted to them in the gallery, so I urge you to size your pics to as small a file size as quality will permit. If you need some image sizing software, post in the Photography/Showoff forum, there are plenty of good free ones available. Shortly we will be announcing a way to be granted a larger amount of space in the gallery and in the attatchment quota.

We hope you enjoy the new software and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, if you have any questions please feel free to post them in the "Site Help/Feedback" forum.

For the time being, you can access the new gallery from this link...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/index.php

There is no easy way to convert. The only method is to copy the galley files local to your computer via the right click and save method. Then upload them to the new gallery.

As you have seen the two galleries are totally different and are not compatable in how they store their information.

d9hp,,,
On the Home Page in the Article on New Gallery is a link, click it, that will take you to the new Gallery, on the upper right of that page you will find a link called, Upload Photo, click on it and follow the directions...
HTH

Will I be able to have Sub. Albums within my Main Album????

Not at this time. All pics should be uploaded to the proper catagory, and then they will all show up in your member gallery. Rather than Albums, it is more like catagorizing and then cross referencing. At some time in the future we may enable users to create personal albums, but at this time it is not available.

Thanks for the help for d9hp!! Kudos to you!!

Yeah, I got it, I wasn't logged in, thanks for the help though.

(not for any purpose, but when you say Kudos, does that mean you gave him Kudos, or are you just saying it, like thanks, I see it a lot, but dont want to use it and not give any of them to anybody)

but when you say Kudos, does that mean you gave him Kudos,

I suppose some people actually talk like that, but I don't. So if I say, "Kudos to user" I gave them some kudos/points. On the home page we have a link to all kudos transactions (well, from when we installed the mod) so you can see who is giving you kudos and how many as well.

Just to make sure there is no global problem is anyone else having a problem viewing the new gallery? I have gotten reports from one member saying they visit the new gallery and they see no images. I have not been able to reproduce this nor have I seen anyone else give the same report of problems. If you could visit

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/index.php and verify if you can or can not view the images.

Thanks.

The old gallery has been removed. The new gallery is now available by clicking on the above PhotoGallery nav link.

Happy uploading.

Back
Top Bottom