PhotoBucket "thumbnail" code will not work on this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownBullhead

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know why PhotoBucket "thumbnail" code will not work on this forum? It works for me on the other 15+ phpBB forums I go on... any ideas...

The standard convention is:

[ url=http://URL.com ] [ img ] http://thumbnail.url [ /img ] [ /url ]

*Extra spaces above to keep the above from becoming a partial, albeit broken, link.*

That dicates that we want to go to a URL, clicking on the IMAGE to get us there... similar to the more common code seen on these forums...

[ url=http://URL.com ] Click here to visit website. [ /url ]

This is the only forum I've ever encountered where this PhotoBucket code does not work.

Jchillin: At the risk of sounding like an arrogant so-and-so, I am VERY familiar with c/p the code from PhotoBucket into the site... what I am saying is that in a previous post about 10 days ago, I couldn't get the PhotoBucket THUMBNAIL code to work on THIS FORUM ONLY. It works for me on 15+ other forums.

See above... the leading text to the left of the thumbnail should NOT show, as it is CODE... and the image shown in this post should be clickable to open the fullsize version of this image, 800x600 pixels.

I'm not sure what you think the problem is...the thumbnails show up just fine in this post and in >>this<< post, and in both posts the thumbnails are clickable and open into full size images at photobucket. I opened these threads in both IE and Opera, thumbs show up fine.

I am using Internet Explorer here, and my posts show as garbled crap here... again, this is the only forum where they are showing up garbled for me...

Oh well...

Hey, can you quote me your O/S and what IE version and other particulars?

here is what i see, with Opera browser, windows XP home edition.

Attachments

• untitled-1_163.gif
    untitled-1_163.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 21
  • untitled-2.gif
    untitled-2.gif
    109.9 KB · Views: 34
Oh...IE version is 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Now that I've shown you what I see I'm going to edit your post with the thumbnail and you tell me if it changes.

BrownBullhead said:
Jchillin: At the risk of sounding like an arrogant so-and-so, I am VERY familiar with c/p the code from PhotoBucket into the site... what I am saying is that in a previous post about 10 days ago, I couldn't get the PhotoBucket THUMBNAIL code to work on THIS FORUM ONLY.

At the risk of "keeping things simple"...since I had no idea of your computer knowledge, I kept it simple. I've used PB for many of my pics and it always worked. I've seen cases where people were typing the entire code and link manually, which can create errors such as the one you showed.

Hopefully, the issue is now resolved.

Bill...can you see the thumbnail and is it clickable...or does it have the url code shown like it did for brownbullhead?

What you are seeing has been hapenning to me for months. Ever since one of the last phpbb upgrades. Everything in the bbcode is correct per the last few updates. Until I have a chance to totally rewrite the site I have given up on finding why its doing this to only a subset of people.

For what its worth it does this to me on Firefox 1.0.7 and IE 6 on multiple pc's. But on others it does not on IE 6.

No, everything shows as it was... and exact same IE version and O/S here.

This is the only forum I see my own posts scrambled on... so as long as others are seeing it fine, that's OK. :)

i'm seeing it your way brownbullhead. the EXACT same thing is happening to me--i get the code written out and then the thumbnail which is NOT clickable. but it seems to work for other people. i'm using safari in osx. it also doesn't work in firefox for the mac. but i see that it works for other people--in that i see their thumbnails and can click on them. why? why me?

For all who have this issue. I have been working for two months now on a total recode of this site. I am very near completion and hope within the month to have it ready for transfer to the live site.

The bug you are seeing is a result of a security fix that seems to have not gotten implemented properly yet all the code is exactly as it should be. The testing site does not seem to have these issues.

thanks fishfreek! glad to know it's not just me and my funky computer! i await the update with bated breath :)

I've searched but can't find the BBcode to add thumbnails using off site hosting of images. And I call myself "tecwzrd" :roll: I can cut and paste the code from photobucket but what I was wondering is there something like
Code:
[thumbnail]url to photo[/thumbnail]

My little angel, Autumn :D

Back
Top Bottom