Post cooldown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would it be possible to reduce the post cooldown after a certain number of posts and/or approval from some admin/moderator? I'd assume it's to keep bots from going rampant, but I don't think the bots stay around long enough to get past post 50. Just wondering, if not that's fine.

I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying. What is the 'cooldown' you are talking about?

After you post, there's a 30 second cooldown until you can post again. I guess this may be used to prevent double posting?

I would agree, it helps prevent double posting, spammers, etc. I'm sure some of the admins will chime in here but I don't think it will be changing.

You figure, it takes you a few seconds to find a thread you want to post at, a minute or so to type up a reply. By the time you find the next thread and finish typing that 30 seconds should be long gone. Unless your posts are one-worder's then I don't think the average user would experience any issues.

It`s there for the reasons that you guys gave. It does serve a purpose. I`ve never had it come up on me but I`m a slow poster. LOL

Only time I've seen it come up was when I was reporting a bunch of spam posts before I became a mod. Even then I only had to wait about 10 seconds.

It comes up to me sometimes, mostly from WA2 since those are mainly one worded posts. Other than that it doesn't happen to often for me. Slow down krap! lol

Most of my posts (even not in WA) that are shorter than a couple lines usually takes under like 10 seconds. (computer games=fast typing :D). My slower posts are when there is a long paragraph, usually from the getting started forum, and I have to go back and reread to make sure I've answered all the questions, or if it's a harder question (more likely scientific) where I have to ponder out all the possibles :p

I get it when I'm replying in the Members Introduction forum, but that's about it. If you could cut it fifteen seconds for that forum only, it'd be great. Otherwise, it's not a big deal.

Yeah, I mean it's not a huge deal, I usually start reading another thread as the countdown is going so I can post, but then there's those times where there's no new threads (I usually skip the saltie threads) and I just have to wait it out. 30 seconds isn't a long time, so it's not that big of a deal.

they made tabs for a reason lol just have them build up and post ever 30 secs lol.... i believe reporting spam is 1 min wait.

The limit is in place to slow spammers down, prevent Dos attacks and other mischief. They have to wait to post and usually a member reports the spam or problem quickly so we can stop it after one or two posts.

Back
Top Bottom