Problem uploding .gif to gallery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mother

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for the kind words I was checking my pits all morning.

I have a 30 gallon tank right now, it's my first ever and i'm clearing sensing it will not be my last. Not to mention it's already got me standing in the saltwater aisles at the pet store drooling.

I uploaded one picture of the large comet (Toast) and I tried to upload more, but I am getting a phpupload error. I will post the error here I guess.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagegif() in /home/aquarium/public_html/photopost/image-inc.php on line 97

I'm thinking about adding more stuff to the tank, specifically an electric blue crawfish (tiny...under 1 inch, and yes I know they grow to 8 inches), a bushy nosed pleco, or perhaps some small top swimmers since the moores, comets, and cory all stick to the bottom...any thoughts? or should we slide this to a new forum?

Please try again to upload. If you still fail please state the specs of the image like the file size and file name and image dimentions.

filename: snail.gif dimensions: 650x458 size: 167 kb
filename: ren.gif dimensions: 544x478 size: 134kb

that's at least two I tried, I also uploaded successfully
filename: toast.gif dimensions: 850x394 size: 170kb

Mother

Well the photo gallery reports the image that you uploaded as being

Filesize: 241kb

and its a .jpg now vs a .gif

those are all rather large file sizes for such small photos. Try to run the image thru a jpeg compresser to knock the filesize down. That should get the image to upload properly. Files of that size should be no bigger than like 60kB.

sorry about that, I uploaded the wrong pic of the monster....it should have been a gif, and when I upload any gif I get that same error.

Mother

OK...on a hunch, and using your sizing suggestions, I uploaded 4 images. They will replace the original images I attempted. Note, they are all jpgs, gif's will not go thru. I am no php expert, but a similar asp page error would mean that gifs are not accepted uploads, or it has an area of the function that is not filled.

I am moving this to a new topic in the regular boards as this has expanded beyond welcome wagon and im already hijacking a message in freshwater/bottom dwellers.

check Home Page -> Forum Index -> Freshwater ->Freshwater/Brackish - General Discussion for a topic labeled WTF?

thanks for all the help,
Mother

Back
Top Bottom