questions about our inbox and emoticons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
In our inbox of private messages, I noticed that there is a savebox. If we don't save the messages we want, will they disappear in x number of days?

I've clicked on the "view more emoticons" recently. It comes up in a very little box, and if you enlarge the box, the box itself will enlarge, but the emoticons themselves don't, and it's hard to make out what they are. I remember clicking on them a few weeks ago, and the emoticons spread out over the screen, letting you see them all clearly, without being squished together. Is anyone else having this problem? Did something in the site change, or maybe is this a result of a Windows update I did?? I was behind on my updates, so over the past few weeks I've updated a lot.

Thanks!

In our inbox of private messages, I noticed that there is a savebox. If we don't save the messages we want, will they disappear in x number of days?

Nope, if you don't save them, they sit in your inbox until you delete them. Something to keep an eye on as well is your sent box, each PM you send a copy is saved in your sent box once it is read.

I've clicked on the "view more emoticons" recently. It comes up in a very little box, and if you enlarge the box, the box itself will enlarge, but the emoticons themselves don't, and it's hard to make out what they are. I remember clicking on them a few weeks ago, and the emoticons spread out over the screen, letting you see them all clearly, without being squished together. Is anyone else having this problem? Did something in the site change, or maybe is this a result of a Windows update I did?? I was behind on my updates, so over the past few weeks I've updated a lot

No idea here, when I ckick the button, I get a med sized window and when I maximize the window the smilies spread out as you described...

What is your style and your resolution on your monitor?

To give you a little more indepth on the PM's.

You have Inbox, Sent, Out and Saved.

Inbox are obviously messages sent to you that you have kept till you remove them*.

Sent box, this is where messages that you have composed and sent to other members and those members have recived and viewed the message.

Out box, this is the box that is kind of confusing. If you send a PM and its in the members INBOX waiting for them to view it you will see it in your OUT box. Once they have read the message then it will be transfered to the Sent box. So basicly if you have something in your OUT box this means the member has not read the message on the site yet.

Saved, as it sounds this box is where you can save a message for later. How does saved differ from just not deleting it from your inbox? Well you see that in the inbox description there is an * at the end. I put this there because lets say the person who sent you the message goes into their OUT or Sent box and deletes the message. The message will also be removed from your inbox. Putting a message you dont want to lose into your saved box will keep it from being deleted by the sender of the message.

Hi Fishfreek,
That's it!!

I was using the fiappleblue style. I went through all the styles, and it seems like this is the only style that doesn't support that emoticon page! I liked all the tabs at the top, though. I could get to my bookmarked topics from any page.

My screen resolution is low, 1024x768 pixels, even though my monitor will go up to 1600x1200. I tried it at this maximum resolution, with the fiappleblue style, and I still couldn't see most of the emoticons (couldn't see much of anything, actually...the print was way too small!) So I'll have to change my style if I want to use more than the basic smiley faces.

Thanks also for the explanation of the PM's. It's very helpful!

I just took a look at that style and the emoty box will maximize, but the emotys don't fill in the box, they stay in the same formation as if the box was still small. FWIW, they all load in that style and they are no larger (even when the box is maximized) they just rearrange themselves to fill up the larger window.

Something I found interesting, is that on fiAppleBlue, the tabs are not centered on the page, they align to the left. When I used that style before, I was on 800 X 600, now that I'm using 1024 X 768 they are aligned left. Wondering if we should fix it to align centered?

Align centered wont work for the tabs and IMO would not look very good.

I will look at the emoits box and see if/why it behaves different than some other styles.

The issue with the smilies has been resolved if you click the link to see more emoticons on the main posting page as well as the quick reply when using the style fiappleblue.

Yes! The big emoticon page spreads out in fiappleblue now, just like the other styles. This is cool! 8) Now I can have my tabs and more emoticons too! Thanks, Fishfreek! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom