RSS feed now available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those whom know and use RSS we proudly announce that AquariumAdvice now supports RSS. For those that don't know what RSS is and might be curious I will try to give a quick and dirty explanation. A google search will turn up a myriad of RSS reader apps and additional explanations.

First info about where to get the RSS feeds. We can offer three different types of feeds. First we can give you the last 15 posts to the website as a whole. To obtain this feed use the RSS/XML icon at the bottom of the home page or on the navigation box on the left of the home page.

The second feed we can provide is the last 15 posts made in a specific forum. For this feed first browse to the specific forum your interested in. THen at the bottom of the page you will see an RSS/XML icon. Click on that link to obtain the RSS URL to use in your RSS parser.

The third and final feed we can provide is one that will give you up to the last 15 replys to a specific topic. Again browse to the topic you want to get the feed from and click on the RSS/XML icon at the bottom of the page to get the RSS URL.

Now for those who don't know what RSS is but might be curious. What this will do is permit you to see the topic titles and even read the post text including photos of the last 15 messages posted to the website or a specific forum or specific topic with out even visiting the website. If something is of interest then you can visit and reply. Many RSS readers will enable you to setup a schedule of automatic refreshes so you can stay on top of the postings.

Neat! BTW, those of you using the Avant browser might not know that it has an RSS reader built right in :) I just use the "Watch this forum for posts" feature and subscribe to posts myself, heh.

Back
Top Bottom