Site availability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
Over the last 2-3 days about half the time when I try to access the site, I get a message stating that it can't be found. Just wondering if this was a problem specific to my PCs or if the site has been experiancing difficulties.

The drive that this server runs on is failing. Actions are being put into place to replace the drive and we will then need to restore all files back to the drive from a remote backup. This will take a very long time once we start the process since this site is close to 5gig in size just in web files. Emergency backups are being done today to an offsite location as this server does not have a second disk installed so the site may be slow from time to time as I do backups in the busiest period of the day.

In addition the server has been under a denial of service attack directed toward another domain on this server that has been going on since Sunday as well.

Glad to know that it's not just me. I think.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that both problems are fixed with minimal problems and take less time than expected.

Thanks for the Status Update.

I have suffered the same thing too over the last day or two. I was wondering if the site was under attack of denial of service. Glad to know that things are in the works to get it resolved. I am a tad addicted here. :)

Back
Top Bottom