Spam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

underdog5004

Aquarium Advice Activist
There are some bots (or possibly people) spamming pretty much all the sub forums with ads for different things (DJ services, tech stuff). I'm trying to report all of them, but there's a 1 minute delay that I have to wait between reports.

Thanks. Just keep reporting any spam you see and we (Mods/Admins) will get to them ASAP.

Yes there has been quite a bit of spam here recently. I have been trying to keep up on reporting things.

Larry, should we report every post by the user or just one? I have been doing just one report for each user for a while now and it seems to work. Do you mods have a preference?

It seems like we have good days and bad days when we have spam. It`s better than it used to be. Thanks for posting. As Larry said keep reporting it and we will knock it out.

Meegosh,
When we ban a spammer, we remove all of that users posts and then ban him, so only reporting once for a user is sufficient.

That said, it doesn't hurt to report them all either.

Thanks, to all the mods/admin that deal with spam, ads, etc. to keep the site clean.

Thank You

Thanks to all of you who report the spam! There are many forums and threads and we rely on the members to help us keep these spam posts off our site. As soon as a mod or admin gets online and sees the report, we'll take care of it. As Neilan said, we do check for more posts by the user when we ban, but don't let that stop you from clicking the report button if you see more spam!

yeah really do appreciate the removal of them... i can just imagine how much spam, as well as rude/hateful posts that get put on here... and you guys are fast too :)

I will agree with the fast part! I have been reporting just one when I see them, and they have them all gone by the time I get back in here. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom