The inbetween topics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sigh...leave it to me to take a simple forum and complicate the crap out of it. I'm at an impass, and I need your guys opinions on something. Ever since I started my Lake Malawi tank, I've had questions about stuff like sand, rock placement, and such...and it seems that the salty's would have had more experience with this stuff. Should I:

A. K.I.S.S. and ask my question in the fw forum

B. K.I.S.S. and ask my questions in the sw forum

or

C. Bring up the possible need of an overall fish keeping category for those things that don't fit...perhaps misc fish questions...for those questions outside the box?

I would say freshwater forum for freshwater questions.

Posting in a salty forum would and probably would end up getting you less than optimal advice about sand depth and rock arrangments based upon the different needs salty people have for sand and rock than those in the freshy side.

Ever since I started my Lake Malawi tank,

I would say Lake Malawi Cichlids are one of the most popular FW fish out there, and while we salties may have alot of experience with the things you need....So will many freshwater hobbyists ;)

Back
Top Bottom