Thread Rating System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is the point of the thread rating system? In my humble opinion it sucks and I can't honestly see the point to having this. I'm not going to link specific threads but far to often there are quality threads with great information flagged one star for "terrible" for what I'm sure is a variety of silly reasons, such as the dislike of the poster or members responding. I'm sure the original posters of the threads don't want to see their question being flagged as "terrible" as that seems to go against the "be nice" attitude which is so commonly thrown out and clearly stated in the forum rules. I can't be the only person who feels this needs to be removed.

I completely agree. I don't even look at the rating to be honest. If I like the thread, I read it. If I have no interest in it, i don't read it. Pretty simple really. I don't see the point in giving it a bad rating.....

I agree. But does anyone actually pay attention to the rating system? I certainly know that I ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom