Upload image from my photo album into a thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebettanewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
It seems like there must be a way to upload a pic from my AA photo album into a thread. I tried viewing the photo in the album and copying and pasting the URL into my thread but I got a broken image. Do I have to use Photobucket?

Looks like you uploaded a picture to the album in your profile, but you didn't upload it to the sites gallery, located here:

Aquarium Advice Gallery

The profile album is just a seperate feature if you want to add pictures to your user profile. If you upload a pic to the gallery, there is a BBCode link under the picture that you can use to upload the pic into a thread.

HTH :)

Either works DT. You can host photos in personal albums and still link them into threads.

Like this:
picture.php

Nice info to have.
Hey, that tank looks familiar!

Here are the steps I followed and it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

1. I went to my photo album in my account (onebettanewbie). I only have the one album.
2. I went to the picture in the album and copied the URL.
3. I went to the thread I was trying to create, clicked the Image icon and pasted in the URL in the dialog box. Like this:
album.php

Go to the link where you have the photo in the album. now, right click on the actual photo, go to properties, and copy the link from there.

Back
Top Bottom