Using graphics from this site on others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
In looking over some of the website logs it has become apparent that some images on this site are being used on other sites and are being linked from this site to those sites. It appears that for the most part they are avatar images that are being 'hotlinked' from this site.

If you MUST do this because the other website does not allow you to upload an avatar or you do not have a personal website that you can hotlink the avatar from then I ask that you make sure the path is correct.

There are seveal errors being generated in the logs for what appears to be incorrectly hotlinked avatar images. Many of these errors are comming from just a few IP addresses.

I would like to put a aa.com banner under my signature on other forums (because this one is my favorite) but dont know how.

That would be an acceptible use of hotlinking.

You can find info on how to do this on the main menu under the syndication link.

NOTE: Make sure the site you do this on allows image's in your sig. Also make sure the image you select fits within any rules that they might have setup for image size or file size for sig's.

Some sites do not allow HTML so you would have to know to edit the html code to be bbcode or vbcode depending on what forum software they use.

Back
Top Bottom