what are kudos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been on lots of message boards, and never seen them elsewhere except on here. But best I can tell, it's just a rank type thing... kind of like your number of posts. The more you post, the more kudo's you get. And if someone helps you out, you can donate some kudo's to them... just because. Hehe

-brent

The more you post, and the more topics you start, the more kudos you get. However, kudos is more importantly given and received by AA members. If one person thinks another has done a superlative job advising on an issue, he or she can donate 10 or 100 or 1000 or whatever kudos points. Theoretically, the more kudos you have, the move invaluable (valuable) you are to the site. Realistically, a lot of the most invaluable ppl are the ones with the least kudos, since they give it away most frequently. However, it is a way to lend credence to new members to the site who may have extensive knowledge, but may not have posted many times.

Me... I've forgotten about it entirely. I should start donating some!

aquafishy--get to your profile and under Kudos, it says Donate. If I just go to the home page and click on my name or profile, I am asked to update my profile. If I click on my name from a forum, then I can donate. Maybe there's an easier way.... :roll:

Did that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom