What is: Signature permissions and What is: a ticket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Filter Mechanic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm beginning to feel like Alice in Wonderland only I'm the wrong gender. I get messages in my e-mail telling me all sorts of things I don't know what it is and when I look for info in AA or look for the help desk or just ping-pong ball around looking for a sign from heaven I get the bland face of the Universe staring back at me. I've clicked on the links in the e-mail and attempted to fill all the little boxes severall different ways, but apparently I'm missing the bits of information that would make this work better. I confess: I'm just going to sit still for a while and see if someone or something comes along to help me out or to eat me up. Mystery, oh Mystery! Thy name is Smith...or Jones.:tgv:

I fear good Sir that you have lost thy mind... :)

Was it a ticket from here? Can you PM or email it to me?

I'm not aware that you need permission to add or change a signature (but what a GREAT enhancement idea.. Mods? Admins?)

wow... just by chance, are you trying to unsubscribe from getting messages when somebody replies to a thread? thats all i could possibly assume. oh, btw, i just want to say "thy" to be cool like you guys :)

Wrong button

wow... just by chance, are you trying to unsubscribe from getting messages when somebody replies to a thread? thats all i could possibly assume. oh, btw, i just want to say "thy" to be cool like you guys :)
No mfdrookie, I really enjoy the bzzzzt!-contact! It's the not knowing stuff I'd like to unsubscribe from. Thou art a prince of coolness now, thee art one meant to wear the mantle of fame. What is a ticket?

A "ticket" would be the thingie you're getting in your email from AquariumAdvice that has links in it and boxes to fill in.

If you want help emerging from the haze of the unknown, you're going to have to give us a little more to go on. What exactly is it that these emails want you to do? Cut and paste it here (less any personal info, obviously) if you can't even summarize what it is.

Just saying you don't understand doesn't help us understand what it is you don't understand. Understand?

What is a ticket II

I fear good Sir that you have lost thy mind... :)

Was it a ticket from here? Can you PM or email it to me?

I'm not aware that you need permission to add or change a signature (but what a GREAT enhancement idea.. Mods? Admins?)
I'm not sure where it came from, apparently it is now somewhere in my e-mail history or some other thing so connected. I will look for it as time permits. It was just a little envelope icon and a message attached saying "use this link" to do unspecified somethings to or about this ticket. I clicked on the link, filled in the sign-in boxes (e-mail address, password, and some other thing). That's where my frustration started, no road led to Rome. So I posted the thread What is a Ticket? So, if this is losing my mind well and good. It beats the heck out of Alzheimer's. I never figured out how to open it, now I need to figure out how to find it, and if I accomplish all that in the next five days I'll figure out how to PM or e-mail it to you and with gladness of heart, do so. p.s. I still don't know what is a ticket!:biglol:

What is a ticket?> III

A "ticket" would be the thingie you're getting in your email from AquariumAdvice that has links in it and boxes to fill in.

If you want help emerging from the haze of the unknown, you're going to have to give us a little more to go on. What exactly is it that these emails want you to do? Cut and paste it here (less any personal info, obviously) if you can't even summarize what it is.

Just saying you don't understand doesn't help us understand what it is you don't understand. Understand?
Admiral Nelson Sir: Please see my post "What is a Ticket II" for all the details I possess. Thank you for the concise and informative summary A "ticket" is...a 'thingie'...with 'links' and 'boxes to fill in.' The ticket envelope icon is the focus locus for which I lack the hocus pocus. Until I actually find it again, and try to open it again, and successfully do so this time I won't know what I'm supposed to do with it. I take it that out of all the thousands of folk in this forum I am blessed with a thingie full of valuable links that (apparently) is rare and precious. I thought it might be something like a parking ticket. Everybody understands those. And believe me when I say "I understand"! Thanks for coming alongside and it is nice to meet you!

Hmmm...I hesitate to cut into this fascinating chatter... :wink:

Filter Mechanic, you may be receiving email notifications every time a thread that you posted in gets another reply. All these notifications from this site can overwhelm your email if you've responded to a lot of threads.

I didn't see a ticket from you at the help desk so I think you're referring to the email notifications as a "ticket". These email notifications contain a link back to the thread that you've posted in. You'll get a new notification every time a new reply is added to the thread. If you posted in many threads that day, you'll get a new notification for each one.

To turn off these notifications, click on User CP (on the blue navigaion bar at the top of the page). On the left side there will be some options - look down the list for the Settings and Options box, and click on Edit Options. Look for the Messaging and Notification box - it will be near the top. Under those options look for a box entitled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Change that drop-down box to "No email notification". Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes. That should solve your problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom