Where are the Mods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I used to spend a lot of time on this forum and I loved it here. I moved to the country and I still have my saltwater tank, but I have a lot of animals and a lot of other interests. I still check in from time to time.

Recently I had a problem where a powerhead electrified the water in the tank, then a few days ago I posted about a sick yellow tang. Not one mod responded to either of my posts.

Where are the mods? Where is the experienced help when it's needed? Just for the record, I am a mod on another forum (not aquaria related) and we never let a post go a day without a mod responding. One of us will always read unread post, in fact we all try to read every unread post every day, and respond to help members with problems.

Just a thought.

I don’t even know who the mods are on this site anymore lol. And I’ve been here for 5 or 6 years now! The forums sw side just isn’t as active as it used to be imo. I feel like I see fw mods responding all the time but sw posts can go days without responses from what I’ve seen. A lot of old sw members are gone unfortunately.

if your looking for a moderator and cant find one of us . please use the red triangle that is under your avatar..
this will forward your message to all moderators and one of us will get back to you shortly.
please understand sometimes it takes both the members along with us moderators time to come across some posts, as sometimes several post after yours pushed yours down the page . another thing to remember not everyone is in the states some are on the other side of the world giving everyone different time zones . by all means you are not being ignored.

I just happen to come across this post as I was going through my inbox. I at the moment am unfortunately absent due to health issues. this took me away from the forums quite rapidly . I do hope to rejoin everyone on the forum soon .

like I said that red triangle is a great tool . hope to see you all soon .

seaweed

Last edited:
Hello we are all around posting here and there and moderating.

Sorry your post did not get a response very quickly. Moderators are here to help, but the members are the community. Their input is what you are looking for, someone who can help. Not every moderator is knowledgeable for every topic and as volunteers we usually have jobs and families as well.

So sorry, I can not be of help for your sick Yellow Tang, beyond my area of experience. It does seem you got a response in about a day. Each hour seems long when you have a sick fish/problem.

Hoping good information comes your way to take care of the situation and you can get the tank back in order.

Thanks mods for checking in. I was just so surprised because when I was on here years ago it was a very active forum. I do understand that things change, as far as what the members interests are and who posts about what, but I only come here for advice, so...

Anyway, will update sick yellow tang thread

Back
Top Bottom