Why can't I view/post photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flipper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Mods: Please move this to appropriate forum or delete when answered. Thanks.

When I click on a photo in the gallery to view it, I get a message telling me I must be registered to view gallery. Obviously, I'm already registered and logged in. Also, I don't see a way to upload, but that may be related to the same problem.

Flipper,

Hopefully someone can post a more specific answer, but I know this is somehow related to how your browser handles cookies. Take a look at your internet options, and make sure cookie options are set to allow them.

Then, *log out* (from the home page), delete your cache/temp internet files, and reboot. Log back in, and see if magic transpires. ;-)

Flipper,

I just looked on my hubby's computer (he's got IE 5.0 on there). This site works fine (photos are visibile, and upload is available).

If you didn't already do this, go to Tools, Internet Options, 'Security' tab, then click on the Globe (Internet), then click on "Custom Level". Scroll down, and under Cookies, make sure both "Allow cookies that are stored on your computer" - and - "Allow per-session cookies" - are both checked as "Enable.

Other than that, I'm not too IE savvy, so I'll wait for someone else to chime in.

ReefLady said:
IE ... evil evil evil!

LOL!!! And it's Nutscape that makes me crazy!!!

Thanks for the advice, RL. I checked the internet options, and the settings are set as you recommended. So I'll continue scratching my head. One other thing that I've noticed is that the site seems to time out on me if I let it sit for a while. When I go back, I have to log in again... :microwave:

You must click the logout button you see above.

Then delete any and all cookies related to this site. Just do a search for "aquariumadvice.com" on your hard drive. You should find at least 1 txt file. Then log back into the site and when you go to the photogallery you will see an upload photos link.

The photo gallery requires some unique information that the regular site cookie does not write and thats why its important to logout out and log back in again so as your computer will create a new cookie. If doing that does not work then removing any old cookies after you have logged out should work.

I'm using IE 6, so not sure how it looks...but go to the privacy tab ounder tools>Internet Options and make sure it is set to allow all cookies.

Okay, this is wierd... My browser IS set to accept cookies, but I'm find NO cookies on my pc from this site.

...but I just logged on to my company's web site (after clearing all my cookies), and the site here put cookies on my machine. So for some reason, I'm not getting cookies from aquariumadvice!

I just reset the permission on the gallery to allow non registered users to view pics...but you will not be able to upload pics without your cookies being enabled.

Can you take a screen shot of your Internet options box, under the privacy tab?

I got it!!! What I did was go to the Security Tab and add this site to the Trusted Sites list. Actually, it's the only one in the list since I've never had to do this before. Well, it works! Thanks all!

If the privacy is set to med or high, it may be that your companies site is on the white list, while all other cookies are on the black list...

reefrunner69 said:
I just reset the permission on the gallery to allow non registered users to view pics...but you will not be able to upload pics without your cookies being enabled.

Oh, I see. You're right, I still can't upload.

Can you take a screen shot of your Internet options box, under the privacy tab?
Will do... give me a moment.

Back
Top Bottom