Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Show Off/Photography (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   New Anemone! (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/new-anemone-122279.html)

dannyb 10-20-2009 04:15 AM

New Anemone!

Hey guys!

Got a carpet, Yes i know they're lethal to my fish and other corals, But having anemones, I wanted something a little more challenging.

His about 15cm wide, Give or take 5cm or more. lol.

Tell me what you think!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...8481fa504c.jpg

melosu58 10-20-2009 07:15 AM

Looks pretty good.

austinsdad 10-20-2009 09:25 AM

Lethal to fish? The ones that need to know how to stay away.

Otherwise, good luck and ya think it's found a perching spot yet or is it wandering much. How long has it been in the tank?

Bige 10-20-2009 12:11 PM

Do the carpets cruise around too? It looks very nice.

Jaybird 10-20-2009 02:53 PM

It's a nice carpet anemone.

dannyb 10-20-2009 05:13 PM

Thanks!

Its been in the tank for about 3 days now. It moved from where i put it, Onto this part of LR. That was the first day. Now it hasnt moved from there yet, So im guessing his happy. Time will tell.

thincat 10-21-2009 04:54 AM

I hope it's not in your bedroom. I hear they crawl out at night. :)lol

austinsdad 10-22-2009 08:50 AM

Could you imagine, waking up to a slime trail from your pillow, across the floor, up the stand and glass? And the anenome in the tank chewing on a piece of your hair? :eek2:

Cue the creepy music here! :silly:

Ok, ok. No more scary "B" movies for me.

thincat 10-22-2009 02:01 PM

That would be better then Freddy/ LOL

abrahamavelar 10-23-2009 02:17 AM

thats a nice one just wondering because i like one but im not going to get one due that it can eat my fish but usually how much do they cost?????

dannyb 10-23-2009 03:46 AM

Well im from Australia, And it cost me $100 here.

It CAN eat your fish, But only if you fish are stupid enough to go close enough to it.

abrahamavelar 10-23-2009 03:48 AM

oh ok will it allow any clowns to host or it will eat them too?????

irkbultwi 10-23-2009 06:25 AM

very nice

dannyb 10-23-2009 06:29 AM

Its possible for clowns to host it. Nope, It will not eat the clowns once the three form a relationship.

They clowns in my tank already have a host BTA. Hopefully they move onto the carpet, Because it looks awesome clowns swimming and hugging the carpet.

Tank2379 10-23-2009 11:36 AM

Nice Carpet just make sure you are keeping an eye on it if you have any bottom Dwelling fish and your Carpet is on the bottom I've already see a few Goby's and Mandarins get eaten up in the middle of the night. just and FYI... But any ways nice Carpet Been looking for one myself.. :thumb:

abrahamavelar 10-23-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb (Post 1044052)
Its possible for clowns to host it. Nope, It will not eat the clowns once the three form a relationship.

They clowns in my tank already have a host BTA. Hopefully they move onto the carpet, Because it looks awesome clowns swimming and hugging the carpet.

cool i actually want on really bad just taught that it will eat everything on my tank

Zer0 10-23-2009 12:01 PM

That's an awesome looking nem. I've seen those nasty little buggers eat a blue/green chromis that was swimming by. Once they even grab hold of it, it's like glue and the fish can't get out. So the fish struggles, and only gets itself more entangled in the tentacles. Pretty cool though.

dannyb 10-23-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zer0 (Post 1044099)
That's an awesome looking nem. I've seen those nasty little buggers eat a blue/green chromis that was swimming by. Once they even grab hold of it, it's like glue and the fish can't get out. So the fish struggles, and only gets itself more entangled in the tentacles. Pretty cool though.

Yeah, They're one of the most lethal anemones too. But as the LFS told me and as i've seen on the internet, It will only get them stupid fish, Most fish should realise its dangerous.

Thanks for the comments guys!

abrahamavelar 10-23-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb (Post 1044175)
Yeah, They're one of the most lethal anemones too. But as the LFS told me and as i've seen on the internet, It will only get them stupid fish, Most fish should realise its dangerous.

Thanks for the comments guys!

do they know that due to their instincts or thewy have to see some stupid fish get eaten because i have 2 regular clowns and one firefish (the other one disapeared out of the blue and i havent find it out of the tank or in) and one yellow tang that was really expensive due that it was a small one and a royal gramma and some other gay looking fish and i dont want it to eat them iam willing to sacrify some feeder fish like guppies or goldfish i hope i made sence

dannyb 10-24-2009 12:31 AM

Dont feed it goldfish or guppies. they're not good for it. Feed it white bait (fresh) and silverside.

Instincts im pretty sure, Today my firefish touched the anemone(Only just), Well its tail. And it shot off as quick as it possilbly can swin.
As i said, The fish would have to be pretty stupid to get eaten by it.
its a bit of a hit and miss thing.

Anyway, Good luck.