Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Show Off/Photography (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   A few pics from my 63 Gallon..... (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/a-few-pics-from-my-63-gallon-156696.html)

tiguardo 06-15-2011 04:21 PM

A few pics from my 63 Gallon.....
 
3 Attachment(s)
My Rainbow Shark & the only Clown Loach that was happy to pose :)

melosu58 06-15-2011 04:39 PM

Very nice. How about a full tank shot.

tiguardo 06-15-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melosu58
Very nice. How about a full tank shot.

Thank you. I'll try to get a full tank shot this evening. I've huge windows on the other side of the room & unless it's dark you get terrible reflections!!

alLexX 06-15-2011 05:58 PM

your shark looks awesome.

tiguardo 06-15-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alLexX
your shark looks awesome.

Cheers. He's a very inquisitive little thing. I've got a Red Tail Shark in my other tank. He's just as beautiful, only considerably easier going :)

rich311k 06-15-2011 06:33 PM

Nice looking fish.

tiguardo 06-16-2011 05:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by melosu58
Very nice. How about a full tank shot.

A few new pics....

The tank is very much a work in progress, I have a lovely piece of driftwood for the centre, but it's still leaching tannins (badly!)

fort384 06-16-2011 06:06 PM

Very nice looking tank! Fish look great.

However, it appears you have at least 1 non-aquatic plant in there. The plant on the right side looks to be Ophiopogon japonica, which is a terrestrial or bog plant. Judging by the coloration, it looks like it isn't going to last a whole lot longer. It would be best to pull it out.

tiguardo 06-16-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fort384
Very nice looking tank! Fish look great.

However, it appears you have at least 1 non-aquatic plant in there. The plant on the right side looks to be Ophiopogon japonica, which is a terrestrial or bog plant. Judging by the coloration, it looks like it isn't going to last a whole lot longer. It would be best to pull it out.

Thanks. I need to look into my plants. It's been in there for about 6 weeks, but it is splitting on the ends of the leaves. It was bought in good faith from my LFS, but my plant knowledge is something I really need to work on! Most of the discolouration is brown algae, which wipes off. I think I may order online for m plants, so I know exactly what I'm getting.

Lifeoffroad 06-17-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiguardo
My Rainbow Shark & the only Clown Loach that was happy to pose :)

Nice shots. SLR camera?

Lifeoffroad 06-17-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiguardo

A few new pics....

The tank is very much a work in progress, I have a lovely piece of driftwood for the centre, but it's still leaching tannins (badly!)

Okay why did you put potatoes in there. ; b. I'm just kidding it looks good but those rocks kinda look like potatoes.

tiguardo 06-17-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifeoffroad

Nice shots. SLR camera?

Thanks. Yeah, they were taken with a Sony DSLR. It would've been much easier if the fish didn't keep moving lol :)

tiguardo 06-17-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifeoffroad

Okay why did you put potatoes in there. ; b. I'm just kidding it looks good but those rocks kinda look like potatoes.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong!! you're right though, they do sorta look like potatoes!

Lifeoffroad 06-18-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiguardo

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong!! you're right though, they do sorta look like potatoes!

It looks great. Nice tank. And nice pic. I know what you mean about taking pics of fish. My problem is the focus. It always focuses on other items.

jcolon 06-18-2011 12:15 AM

Great pic of the Gourami ...Looks good!

WillSmith2011 06-29-2011 05:13 AM

Wow those are really great photos and awesome thanks for sharing.

tiguardo 07-01-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillSmith2011
Wow those are really great photos and awesome thanks for sharing.

Thank you. Once my terrible algae outbreak is back under control, I hope to be able to get some new shots up on the site. At the moment it's like 'pea soup'!

tiguardo 07-06-2011 06:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
New planting added tonight & non aquatic plant has been removed. Fish seem to love the new plants! Excuse the quality of the photos (iPhone, not SLR!)

Ahmed dada 07-11-2011 04:18 PM

Impressive although angelfish are ugly when grown to me

tiguardo 07-11-2011 05:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks. If you think my Angels are ugly, you're gonna love my new Bristlenoses!!! ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.