Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   redsea's 125g Reef Build (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/redseas-125g-reef-build-179038.html)

redsea 01-10-2012 07:14 PM

I am very concerned. I just noticed that on the bottom of my tank, there seem to be a few scratches. They aren't deep or anything, but you can feel them a little bit. When I put my finger near the scratch water kind of condenses a tiny bit (there is a thin layer of water in the tank). What should I do? Does anyone else have anything like this? :-(

coffeetwitch 01-10-2012 07:50 PM

im at a loss on this one. is it leaking or just condensing? is it near a vent for your house?

Jlsardina 01-10-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsea
I am very concerned. I just noticed that on the bottom of my tank, there seem to be a few scratches. They aren't deep or anything, but you can feel them a little bit. When I put my finger near the scratch water kind of condenses a tiny bit (there is a thin layer of water in the tank). What should I do? Does anyone else have anything like this? :-(

Inside or outside?? Micro scratch or big gash???

redsea 01-10-2012 08:24 PM

I believe that I can feel the largest scratch (really not that big) on the outside. It is a micro scratch though. It only condenses when I put my finger super super close to it. I am probably overanalyzing it, but just want to be safe.

coffeetwitch 01-10-2012 08:40 PM

as long as its a scratch and not a crack you should be ok.

redsea 01-10-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
as long as its a scratch and not a crack you should be ok.

Yeah, it is probably just a scratch. I can feel it, but it doesn't leak or anything.


Thanks!

Jlsardina 01-10-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsea

Yeah, it is probably just a scratch. I can feel it, but it doesn't leak or anything.

Thanks!

Lol. Panic attack is over

redsea 01-10-2012 10:50 PM

Haha. My heart just sank when I saw it.

boardsurfer 01-11-2012 12:45 PM

No kidding...it's good to be overly cautious when talking about 1,000 pounds of water going into that tank.

redsea 01-12-2012 03:50 PM

My LR just came in! Do I acclimate it? If so, how?

carey 01-12-2012 04:22 PM

Since youre cycling you can just put it in the new tank. :-)

redsea 01-12-2012 05:59 PM

Unfortunately, I had to put the rock in a garbage pale because the tank isn't setup yet. I hope to setup the tank tomorrow.
:-)

Thanks!

redsea 01-13-2012 04:59 PM

OK! So here is the update for this evening. :)

I have some of the equipment put together, and I hope to have everything put together by tonight. I also want to start/ or finish putting in my water and sand. I will probably put in my rock sometime tomorrow or Sunday. I know this sounds a little ambitious but I am up for the challenge! :-D

Thanks everyone for following! I really do appreciate it!

carey 01-13-2012 05:06 PM

Yay!! Can't wait for the progress photos! LOL

I'm really excited for you! It's so much fun!

redsea 01-13-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carey (Post 1741106)
Yay!! Can't wait for the progress photos! LOL

I'm really excited for you! It's so much fun!

Thank you! I agree, I am having lots of fun! I will go take some photos of things now. :)

redsea 01-13-2012 05:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of my rock and my sump.

Carey, any tips for fitting the skimmer? Is it ok if it is not completely flat on the bottom (meaning that it is sticking up a little bit)? Thanks!

carey 01-13-2012 05:22 PM

Flip the skimmer around. :-) Have the intake near the filter sock, it will fit in there sideways but barely.

redsea 01-13-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carey
Flip the skimmer around. :-) Have the intake near the filter sock, it will fit in there sideways but barely.

Awesome, thanks!

redsea 01-14-2012 08:37 AM

Here is a rough outline of a possible stocklist. :-)
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...90&pcatid=2890
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Spotted Bristletooth Tang, Ctenochaetus truncatus OR
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: White Tail Bristletooth Tang, Ctenochaetus flavicauda
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Royal Gramma Basslet
Squareback Anthias (Could I have three females, and then one male?)
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...381&pcatid=381

What do you all think? This is by no means final, just an outline. Also, down the road I would like to add an ORA Mandarin to the tank.

Thanks!
Suggestions are welcome!

redsea 01-14-2012 08:42 AM

The links and everything are fixed now. :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.