Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

clearancepuppy 08-01-2012 01:56 PM

I think ghost shrimp are awesome, but unfortunately so does my eel. O_o.

Going to work on getting the rest of the old seal out of the 150 and get this party started :D

Duddits 08-05-2012 09:04 PM

Gutted the deco in my tank. Finally captured the bully yellow lab and moved him to a little 10g tank for now. Scrubbed all my decor and rescaped the tank.

Terrance 08-05-2012 09:49 PM

Did 60% water change for Barney and Titus.

Waiting for my 50lbs of base rocks from reefrocks.net and 50lbs of salt mix from drsfostersmith.com.

Its the low 90s around the Seattle area. Too hot so I'm not going to do the final cleaning of my 46g before the base rocks arrive.

pcdebb 08-05-2012 10:25 PM

I had to remove a dead angelfish today :(

No disease or bad water parameters. He had been fighting with another angel lately. Guess he finally lost :(:(:(

aeruelas 08-05-2012 10:43 PM

Woke up yesterday to a missing 1 yr common gold (my biggest) moved whisper submersible filter and was stuck between it and tank with fins shredded gone. Today not any bettered completely laying on tank bottom can't swim.looks like itfs pretty much gone die.should I speed up that process as it doesn't have much time or just let it be.poor thing any opinions?

aaronjohn20 08-05-2012 11:54 PM

Did a 25% water change on the oscar and albino acf's tank and added a firemouth cichlid

clearancepuppy 08-06-2012 06:17 PM

Sorry about your fish. Hoping it can pull through somehow.

clearancepuppy 08-06-2012 06:27 PM

50% water change yesterday. Having high readings on tests so plan to do another pwc today. Ready to put new silicone in the 150. Probably going to leave the 29 FW in kitchen and put the 150 FW in a different room which has a concrete base and won't need to be reinforced below. Also if the tank (bought used) were to break, or leak, it would not ruin our brand new carpet. Fish are really getting antsy and are going to love having so much more room finally.

Bubbles0oO 08-06-2012 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got home yesterday from a weeklong vacation. No losses! I fed them and went to bed. Then today i said i was going to do some water changes but instead spent all day cleaning out my newest tank. How does it look? ( came with the black gravel)

Attachment 111077

We are water tight testing it on the poorch.

Tetra1990 08-06-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles0oO
Got home yesterday from a weeklong vacation. No losses! I fed them and went to bed. Then today i said i was going to do some water changes but instead spent all day cleaning out my newest tank. How does it look? ( came with the black gravel)

We are water tight testing it on the poorch.

Not bad. What size?

Bubbles0oO 08-06-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990

Not bad. What size?

Its a 10 but i held it up to my other 10 and its a tad tall. But i did get a box of goodies with it. Sp i wont have to buy the lighting and filtration or heater ;)

clearancepuppy 08-07-2012 01:24 AM

Deb- I meant to tell you, I am sorry you lost one of your angels.

Today I got the kids a new toy...a power head. Man were they scared of it at first, then they took turns playing in the bubbles...they are hilarious.

Did not get the water change done, will do it tomorrow. They've had enough excitement for one day ... :lol:

Love that black gravel!

pcdebb 08-07-2012 04:39 AM

lol my angels didn't like my power head. It was a top fin and it was noisy. They sometimes play in the bubble airstone tho lol

I'm still bummed about bobo. But bubba has been around a long time tho so I guess he's boss

Banana mouse 08-07-2012 05:32 AM

Emptying my 100L :( hopefully buying a new stand next week :D
Selling my tiger barbs form the 100L and buying some filter media for my bigger tank

LyndaB 08-07-2012 10:24 AM

Sadly, I lost one of my pygmy corys today. He'd been swimming erratically for the last day and a half, although I could not see any obvious symptoms. Not sure what happened to him. It's always hard losing something. :(

Samzter 08-07-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyndaB
Sadly, I lost one of my pygmy corys today. He'd been swimming erratically for the last day and a half, although I could not see any obvious symptoms. Not sure what happened to him. It's always hard losing something. :(

I lost one of my pandas. No signs of illness, perfect water quality, so I couldn't work out what happened to it :(

aaronjohn20 08-07-2012 02:30 PM

Put my new penguin 350 filter into my 20g, and added a sponge filter to my 46g bow front community tank to seed it that way I can start up my birthing/fry tank! Excited :-)

clearancepuppy 08-07-2012 06:28 PM

My sympathies to you both and it is hard to lose any little guy or girl you have invested yourself emotionally.

Did the silicone on the 150 today. Going to do API tests later. They are playing in the bubbles like kids in a lawn sprinkler... Lol

clearancepuppy 08-07-2012 06:30 PM

*in which you have...*. Not completely sure of the grammar there but you know what I mean :)

pcdebb 08-07-2012 07:27 PM

Oddly enough I have been losing damsels in my 75 lately. Parameters are fine but the diatoms were out of control. Thankfully my maroon clown is fine. I've since added some turbos and more blue-legged hermits and an emerald crab and it seems to be settling now. No more losses since. Would adding more live rock help or harm because I did that as well.

Tetra1990 08-07-2012 07:56 PM

Tested the levels in my new 10 gallon and the results were: Ph-7.6
Ammonia-0.25
No2- 5.0 off the chart
No3-0.5. Thank you seeded filter material! Also in my 29 gallon, noticed my java ferns have been getting busy 'wink wink'

Duddits 08-08-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcdebb
Oddly enough I have been losing damsels in my 75 lately. Parameters are fine but the diatoms were out of control. Thankfully my maroon clown is fine. I've since added some turbos and more blue-legged hermits and an emerald crab and it seems to be settling now. No more losses since. Would adding more live rock help or harm because I did that as well.

You can never go wrong with adding LR. It actually acts as a filter. The more the better :-)

pcdebb 08-08-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duddits

You can never go wrong with adding LR. It actually acts as a filter. The more the better :-)

I think I just started off wierd. The coralline algae is showing up on the new rock now and the diatom is disappearing. While watching the 75 I've been forgetting about the 44! lol but they've been fine. Added some turbos and hermits today

Tyler3533 08-08-2012 03:38 AM

Did some tests today on my cycling 29 gallon tank. And saw nitrites and little nitrates for the first time! Just happy at the fact the cycle is actually moving along! Gonna do some redecorating tomorrow!! :)

clearancepuppy 08-08-2012 12:14 PM

The 150 I resealed IS NOT LEAKING!!! *whew*

Bubbles0oO 08-08-2012 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Waterchanges all around. I also did a plant swap between my tanks. Not liking how my 10 turned out but we will see.

I added a black background to my 30

Attachment 111362

54seaweed 08-08-2012 02:02 PM

10 gal water change
can't find my dotty back (confused):blink:

so I went about doing maintenance on my other tanks
low and behold cleaning brackish tank
who do I find my dotty back

don't know how he got in there other than the tank being under my salt tank
the thing that confused me is both tanks have full covers with no openings anywhere :fish2:

and he seems to be ok so it's time to acclimate him before I put him back in his real home :thumb:

George9 08-08-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles0oO
Waterchanges all around. I also did a plant swap between my tanks. Not liking how my 10 turned out but we will see.

I added a black background to my 30

Looks great!! :-)

Bearchumjs 08-08-2012 06:56 PM

I just got my replacement filter pads for my marineland emporer 400 and purigen pouch in the mail. I replaced my filter cartridges and put the purigen in my DIY purigen bags (made from 2 layers of panty hose) and put that in my media baskets. I tested my pH and nitrates. I'll retest tomorrow to see if there is any change.

clearancepuppy 08-09-2012 08:42 PM

Planned out where to put new tank and how many able-bodied friends it is going to take to get it from point A to point Z lol

aaronjohn20 08-09-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearancepuppy
Planned out where to put new tank and how many able-bodied friends it is going to take to get it from point A to point Z lol

Point A to Z! Sounds like too many stops for me. How about A to B lol. I'm just messing with ya, we know what ya meant

clearancepuppy 08-10-2012 03:55 AM

It is reeeeeeally heavy. Tomorrow I test out the gently pre-owned canister filter while the tank still has water in it.

Today was very scary because there was, at the same time in this sleepy little town, a man found murdered in his home just around the corner from us (I did not know him), and an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic wandering around in a skirt. Apparently he slipped through the system after being housed in a halfway house, and was deemed insane after he decapitated his own mother and gouged his step father's eyes. The two stories were unrelated, it turns out.

clearancepuppy 08-10-2012 03:56 AM

They caught the schizophrenic, who threatened to kill the officer.

clearancepuppy 08-10-2012 04:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did water tests tonight. Nitrates and nitrates need to come down. Too tired to remember numbers. Winding down this 29 fw tank in prep for big one so almost have all gravel out and down to two caves, one for eel and one for pleco. I will probably keep it running with just the pink gourami and albino cory.

Samzter 08-10-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Did water tests tonight. Nitrates and nitrates need to come down. Too tired to remember numbers. Winding down this 29 fw tank in prep for big one so almost have all gravel out and down to two caves, one for eel and one for pleco. I will probably keep it running with just the pink gourami and albino cory.

Yes, is there fish in that tank?! The levels seem to be reading : ammonia: 0.50ppm nitrite: 1-2 ppm nitrate:80ppm. All levels need to come down.

clearancepuppy 08-10-2012 05:07 PM

Yes, everything on my profile list is in there. Going to do a water change now.

As I said, it was sort of a terrifying day here in the country yesterday. :hide:

Tetra1990 08-10-2012 10:48 PM

I need a life, I'm a 22 year old guy and 7 on Friday night I had nothing to do, pwc/gravel vac on both tanks? Why not, I have nothing to do. Thought I sucked up a ghost shrimp but I missed him. I need a job, hobby and a girlfriend. WAIT! I have a job, which supports the hobby, so all I need is the girlfriend lol. Life is good.

54seaweed 08-10-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2067190)
I need a life, I'm a 22 year old guy and 7 on Friday night I had nothing to do, pwc/gravel vac on both tanks? Why not, I have nothing to do. Thought I sucked up a ghost shrimp but I missed him. I need a job, hobby and a girlfriend. WAIT! I have a job, which supports the hobby, so all I need is the girlfriend lol. Life is good.

:facepalm:looks back 40 years:whistle:Now that sounds about right (sure don't miss the nagging though):thumb: LMAO

aaronjohn20 08-10-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990

Yea just make sure fish hobby is in ur girlfriend requirements lol

Alyxx 08-11-2012 01:09 AM

I was planning to do some water changes today, but my day took a bad turn very early. On the way to work a bee flew into the car and stung me on the arm. Not allergic, but when there is a burning, throbbing bee sting right in the crook of the arm you carry trays in, waiting tables is no fun at all. Went home early and just passed out from all the Benydryl I took. So the fish just got to be my relaxation once I got home. Now I'm just watching them devour some cucumber and squash.

pcdebb 08-11-2012 02:42 AM

topped off water in the angel tank and did some general observations on the others, and I saw the coolest thing. I introduced some hermits in the 44 corner earlier this week, some small some bigger. one of the bigger ones was chasing the small one and it caught my eye. next thing you know, the smaller one quickly came out of his old shell and stole another one! lol it was a shell from the crushed coral substrate that he apparently likes lol it was just so funny to see it happen

but now it introduces a new problem (and sort of solves another), I need empty shells for when they grow. this explains some of the ones I've found in the 75. oops.

Readingexcalibur 08-11-2012 03:58 PM

Fragged a zoanthid, survived neurotoxin, live another day. ;)

Krocky12 08-11-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur
Fragged a zoanthid, survived neurotoxin, live another day. ;)

Haha same here

Alyxx 08-11-2012 11:21 PM

Just finished up a 50% pwc on my 56 gallon tank and added two flexible bubble rods to it. Going to finally sit down, eat some dinner, then I'm at least doing a water change on my 5 gallon invert tank. I'd like to get the puffer tank out of the way too if time and energy permit, but I've been on my feet all day and they got a change more recently than the other two tanks so they can wait a day if need be.

Jake337 08-11-2012 11:26 PM

Bought a bicolor angelfish with a chipped tail 2 days ago. Placed him in the tank and he had trouble swimming. Found him dead this morning and took the dead body back to the lfs. The owner gave me a very good deal on a Foxface for $10! Just finished acclimating him and he is now in the tank hiding in the corner.

vanimal 08-12-2012 12:24 AM

Did a daily 10 gallon water change and fed my fish.

Readingexcalibur 08-12-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanimal
Did a daily 10 gallon water change and fed my fish.

Daily?

54seaweed 08-12-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur (Post 2068998)
Daily?

didn't catch that lol:whistle:

clearancepuppy 08-12-2012 03:03 AM

Did a 50% pwc on 29 FW. Took out the rest of the gravel (thinking about doing sand in both tanks now). Going to test water tomorrow.

Took the Marineland canister filter on a test run. Watched YouTube video on how to prime it. Shop owner in it said you will find that tilting it gets it going much faster, and that this tidbit of info is NOT in the manual (which I do not have as I bought it lightly used from the lfs).

The only position I can get it to work in is completely on its side. There is something I am obviously not doing right.

Beengirl 08-12-2012 04:15 AM

Secured some of my more precarious rocks together with epoxy so won't have avalanches. 15% WC on SW tank. Scraped sides. Went to LfS, got 4 free live rock small pieces to attach coral frags to and attached my trumpet to one. That store rocks!! Im in there a lot! Lol Looks really great now!! Will save other 3 pieces of rick for other frags down the road.

vanimal 08-12-2012 11:51 AM

Yeah I have a 150 gallon and I do 10-15 gallons daily instead of doing 75 gallons in one day. I like to do 50% weekly.

cbourg746 08-12-2012 12:42 PM

Doing water changes in the 75, 29, 10 and both 55's. Added some ludwegia to the 75. Cleaning filters and pads on all.

54seaweed 08-12-2012 02:39 PM

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: read to fast didn't read between 2 posts put together so its a never mind lol

54seaweed 08-12-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanimal (Post 2069290)
Yeah I have a 150 gallon and I do 10-15 gallons daily instead of doing 75 gallons in one day. I like to do 50% weekly.

how do you do 10 15 gal changes in a week theres only 7 days in a week lol

vanimal 08-12-2012 02:48 PM

I do 10-15 daily!

Readingexcalibur 08-12-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanimal
I do 10-15 daily!

Work like that takes the enjoyment out of fish keeping, I would go crazy.

vanimal 08-12-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur

Work like that takes the enjoyment out of fish keeping, I would go crazy.

I enjoy taking care of my fish. The more water changes the healthier your fish will be. It also makes them grow faster. Btw I'm only 15 so I have more time than most people on here.

54seaweed 08-12-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanimal (Post 2069685)
I enjoy taking care of my fish. The more water changes the healthier your fish will be. It also makes them grow faster. Btw I'm only 15 so I have more time than most people on here.

Gotta give you a lot of credit 15 and that dedicated
good for you

actually it will stress them more IMO

but

like I always say to each is own:cool:

a little more than necessary

but

if it ain't broke don't fix it:thumb:

:fish1::fish1::fish2::fish2:

Readingexcalibur 08-12-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed

actually it will stress them more IMO
but like I always say to each is own:cool:

+1, it's like a giant hand constantly coming into your tank...

vanimal 08-12-2012 05:51 PM

Really they don't seem to mind because most of my fish just sleep all day.

Alyxx 08-13-2012 10:59 PM

I did a water change on my puffer tank, not the 50% I like to do but I only had enough salt mix to do about 40%. I need to put an order in at petco.com again for some, my LFS is an expensive place to buy salt mix.

pcdebb 08-14-2012 02:10 AM

i worked on all of my tanks tonite and i'm wiped out! media change on three tanks, a little wall scrub on the salties, sifted the gravel on the angel tank. everything looking good now :dance:

Terrance 08-14-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2071841)
I did a water change on my puffer tank, not the 50% I like to do but I only had enough salt mix to do about 40%. I need to put an order in at petco.com again for some, my LFS is an expensive place to buy salt mix.

Buy 50lbs of them from drfoster&smith (sp?). only cost $40. buy 2 packs of them for free shipping. Should last you several months and save you more money.

Alyxx 08-14-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrance

Buy 50lbs of them from drfoster&smith (sp?). only cost $40. buy 2 packs of them for free shipping. Should last you several months and save you more money.

Thanks, I've never ordered from them before. That would last me forever!

aaronjohn20 08-15-2012 07:44 PM

Did a 20% pwc on my 10g birthing/fry tank. My 1 mickey mouse moon appears that she may have aborted her pregnancy :-(

Bearchumjs 08-15-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
Did a 20% pwc on my 10g birthing/fry tank. My 1 mickey mouse moon appears that she may have aborted her pregnancy :-(

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

aaronjohn20 08-15-2012 09:32 PM

Yea, I done everything I could to try and save/keep fry but to no avail. Before I could see what appeared to be little fish eyes towards her rear but now I don't see anything

Bearchumjs 08-15-2012 10:29 PM

I did a 6 gal water change on the 55. Moved my swords so they'd get more light and the Anubias to where they'd get a little less light. Put in some root tabs and dosed some leaf zone. The whole time I had my arm in the water my long fin leopard danios and my neon black hi fin variatus nibbled on me. It tickled!

I also had to remove bits of a broken thermometer from my 5 gal soon to be pico reef.

bud29 08-16-2012 12:10 AM

I tested my water. After a solid 6 weeks my tank is finally processing some ammonia. (Some colonize by Doctors Foster and Smith helped it along a bit;))

Alyxx 08-16-2012 12:29 AM

I just dropped some finely chopped raw shrimp into all of my tanks. The marbled crays latched on, the angels and guppies swarmed it, and my puffers demolished it as usual. I can't make seafood for dinner without sharing a little bit, lol.

Bearchumjs 08-16-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx
I just dropped some finely chopped raw shrimp into all of my tanks. The marbled crays latched on, the angels and guppies swarmed it, and my puffers demolished it as usual. I can't make seafood for dinner without sharing a little bit, lol.

I didnt know you could feed freshwater fish raw shrimp. I'm going to try a little tomorrow!

aaronjohn20 08-16-2012 04:21 AM

I tried feeding everyone beefheart today. No one in my community tank seemed to care for it. My oscar and albino acf loved it!

Bearchumjs 08-16-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx

I chopped up a little but of shrimp and my fish loved it! (rummy nose and neon tetras, leopard danios, Mickey mouse and hi fin platys, endlers). Even the little platy fry were getting excited. Interestingly enough though- my shrimp didn't seem to want any. I was hoping they weren't cannibals. My fish are spoiled! Bloodworms yesterday, raw shrimp today... They aren't even going to want their flake tomorrow. Maybe I'll break up an algae tab instead of flake. They like those too.

Banana mouse 08-16-2012 06:31 PM

Finally started the fishles cycle on my tank, added sand rocks and stones to the tank :D

aaronjohn20 08-16-2012 08:54 PM

Went and picked up 2 cory cats from the lfs today. Didn't want to get too many at 1 time. How many do you all think I should have all together?

Tetra1990 08-16-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Went and picked up 2 cory cats from the lfs today. Didn't want to get too many at 1 time. How many do you all think I should have all together?

How big of tank are you going to put them in?

aaronjohn20 08-16-2012 10:23 PM

46g bow front community.

54seaweed 08-16-2012 10:47 PM

added few new coral :D

did water change on feeder tank today water still bit cloudy though :eek:

going to do main tank tomorrow to get it ready for tues:cool:

caught a few blue leg hermits wrestling :popcorn:

lots of new corals coming on tues :thumb:

Pufferlove 08-16-2012 10:50 PM

Fed it

clearancepuppy 08-17-2012 01:10 AM

Trying this thing with the 150 before I move it inside. Canister has been hooked up and running now a couple of days. Tested the water (it actually has sort of a greenish cast now) and parameters are:

ph 7.6 ammo .5 nitrate 0-.5 nitrite 5.0

29 gal inside looks very clear, and has THIS for parameters:

ph 6.0 ammo .5 nitrate .8 nitrite 1.0

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last water change in 29 was a couple of days ago.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...b07be568b8.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...52bd033075.jpg

I am having to wait on people to help lift and move this behemoth. It is incredibly heavy glass. Right now it is a little more than half full, and I am wondering if I might be able to save and use some of the water that is in there, since it seems to be cycling.

Tetra1990 08-17-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Trying this thing with the 150 before I move it inside. Canister has been hooked up and running now a couple of days. Tested the water (it actually has sort of a greenish cast now) and parameters are:

ph 7.6 ammo .5 nitrate 0-.5 nitrite 5.0

29 gal inside looks very clear, and has THIS for parameters:

ph 6.0 ammo .5 nitrate .8 nitrite 1.0

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last water change in 29 was a couple of days ago.

I am having to wait on people to help lift and move this behemoth. It is incredibly heavy glass. Right now it is a little more than half full, and I am wondering if I might be able to save and use some of the water that is in there, since it seems to be cycling.

I'll help you move it.

Bubbles0oO 08-17-2012 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 113139

Added more plant clippings to my new 10 g ready for some RCS!

clearancepuppy 08-17-2012 08:57 PM

Into your house? :)

I put the (((dang auto correct))) goldfish hybrids into it for a test run and they love it so far. Just put some fake plants and some rocks in for them to investigate plus a pot to hide in. Filter is running strong. Noticed a very slight crack in plastic top rim near the center brace which I will reinforce. Have the glass tops on. Looks awful but fish are a lot happier.

aaronjohn20 08-17-2012 09:42 PM

Added 4 more green cory cats today for a grand total of 6. I think their actually emerald cory cats but I'm sure there's more than 1 common name. So far they seem to be doing pretty good and hanging out together. Added some moss to the 10g breeding/fry tank.

pcdebb 08-18-2012 10:49 PM

had to do some cleanup duty on mom's tanks. one of them had a dead chinese algae eater in it :( he had gotten huge, but on the happy side we found a baby black skirt tetra. judging by his size he's probably been in there at least a month, yet we just noticed him today. he's been hiding himself really well. there's three adults in there (along with two white ones and 3 read ones, i forget their exact names). he's the cutest little thing!

Tetra1990 08-18-2012 10:52 PM

Trimmed some dead java fern. Noticed 3 more baby java ferns. I have this stuff coming out of my ears:D

54seaweed 08-19-2012 03:41 AM

got a call today my new 100 gal is in ,
going to pick it up on Monday I'm stoked
now gotta think how to break news to wife LMAO:D:D:lol:
she knows nothing about it :eek:
guess I'll be spending most of the day tomorrow in garage
welding me up a nice stand

pcdebb 08-19-2012 05:20 AM

Oh no! With them kind of surprises you may have to spend time on couch! lol

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 02:17 PM

Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!

bloodlucky 08-19-2012 02:18 PM

Today I cared for my fry and went to petco and bought an algae scraper

I'm going to scrape the algae off now

And I just siphoned the tank yesterday as well

Tetra1990 08-19-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!

Good idea. Mr. Oscar might of had an expensive snack.

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 02:57 PM

Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them! Ohhh and the oscar is inbetween 4 and 5 inch so I don't think he's big enough to eat him YET!

Tetra1990 08-19-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them!

Get your bolivian a buddy if your tank can support it. Both of mine were $7 a piece. Can we see a pic of your ram?

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There he is with the coreys lol

Attachment 113520

aaronjohn20 08-20-2012 12:32 AM

Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.

cbourg746 08-20-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.

Thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and family. Hope all goes well.

clearancepuppy 08-20-2012 01:29 AM

Sending you and your family a prayer for strength and a return to good health for your precious daughter. First things first.

pcdebb 08-20-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjohn20 (Post 2081203)

awww I'm praying for her, I hope everything works out

aaronjohn20 08-20-2012 11:03 AM

Thanks everyone. We are at the hospital now

aaronjohn20 08-20-2012 08:07 PM

Thanks everyone. Surgery went great and she is in her room resting! I just don't understand how they expect a 5yr old (6 in two days) to be down for 4 weeks lol