Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

PB_Smith 02-02-2016 06:47 PM

I looked at my tank and contemplated doing the water change that I got water for 5 days ago.
The whole family has been laid out with a nasty cold for over a week and I just ain't got the extra oomph right now to tackle it.....maybe tomorrow....:(

Finntastic 02-02-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PB_Smith (Post 3340522)
I looked at my tank and contemplated doing the water change that I got water for 5 days ago.
The whole family has been laid out with a nasty cold for over a week and I just ain't got the extra oomph right now to tackle it.....maybe tomorrow....:(

I hope you feel better, good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

JSD_Philly 02-02-2016 09:21 PM

70% water change. First time doing such a big change on the 75 gallon, not nearly as hard as i thought...But wow, my oscar was not a big fan. He much prefers the 25%

megi-lin 02-02-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSD_Philly (Post 3340564)
70% water change. First time doing such a big change on the 75 gallon, not nearly as hard as i thought...But wow, my oscar was not a big fan. He much prefers the 25%

Awe poor fishie. Yeah my endler goes and hides after a 50%. He is like, "woman I hate you!" Then a day later he is staring at himself in the glass.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

howardg 02-03-2016 04:44 PM

Fed em pieces of freeze dried brine shrimp they pass them around like soccer ball. They being a gourami, buenos ares tetras, head and tail light tetras and a blue ram. Changed one of the filter pads, added some bacteria. Stared at the fish for a while. Pretty much a slow day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finntastic 02-03-2016 07:20 PM

My dwarf crayfish died. I'm also considered purchasing an assassin snail since I seem to have a snail problem in my 55g

Nils 02-03-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3340818)
My dwarf crayfish died. I'm also considered purchasing an assassin snail since I seem to have a snail problem in my 55g

Sorry to hear that. They are sensitive little guys, couldn't ever get them past 6 months. IMO messed up genetics are to blame.

Finntastic 02-03-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils (Post 3340820)
Sorry to hear that. They are sensitive little guys, couldn't ever get them past 6 months. IMO messed up genetics are to blame.

Oh...well I didn't know that. Guess I won't be purchasing one again

Finntastic 02-03-2016 11:33 PM

Started training my african butterfly fish to come when I wiggle my finger underwater. By the end of an 8 min session (his first session) he was biting my fingers if I barely touched the water, next step is to get him to come over every time.

Skyjacker07 02-03-2016 11:37 PM

Changed the substrate and rescaped the 10g tank, will put the fish back in tomorrow.
Here's a before and after.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ab84e7be02.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...6a0f8dab4e.jpg

Autumnsky 02-04-2016 03:12 AM

Emptied two buckets of plants
one jug of snails

Removed a heater from the SW tank since it was warm. It is cleared but just a little cloudy now, better than yesterday.

Could only see 4 of 6 Dwarf Cories for the last two days. Maybe dead maybe hiding. I watched for a couple times for 15 min. at a time after feeding and the tank was all a scurry but could only see 4.

Moved a small handfull of red root floaters to the plant farm with no filter/agitation. Most all melted and a few are coming back around.

There is a little bit of new growth in most of the plants in the 72G that I recently added. I have been trying split photo period when I have time to make sure I get as much light and as little algae as possible. Hoping...

Got a couple more things together for going to the aquarium meeting.

Almost done straightening and cleaning up the fish tank accessory collection. Still a bit of a mess from rearranging the tanks and cleaning out the closet. Still have 3 drawers to finish. They were done about a year ago and not as messy as the closet.

Emptying the 15G column tank tomorrow. There are a bunch of melted plants only a few pieces of Guppy Grass and I already grabbed most of the floaters. There are about 10 left stuck to a Java fern and sponge. No substrate just a rock and DW and sponge. Moving the filter to another tank to keep the BB going. Probably clean it out too after the melt down.

The little Cory with a spot on it's back in QT doesn't really look much better yet.

Skyjacker07 02-04-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3340937)
Emptied two buckets of plants
one jug of snails

Removed a heater from the SW tank since it was warm. It is cleared but just a little cloudy now, better than yesterday.

Could only see 4 of 6 Dwarf Cories for the last two days. Maybe dead maybe hiding. I watched for a couple times for 15 min. at a time after feeding and the tank was all a scurry but could only see 4.

Moved a small handfull of red root floaters to the plant farm with no filter/agitation. Most all melted and a few are coming back around.

There is a little bit of new growth in most of the plants in the 72G that I recently added. I have been trying split photo period when I have time to make sure I get as much light and as little algae as possible. Hoping...

Got a couple more things together for going to the aquarium meeting.

Almost done straightening and cleaning up the fish tank accessory collection. Still a bit of a mess from rearranging the tanks and cleaning out the closet. Still have 3 drawers to finish. They were done about a year ago and not as messy as the closet.

Emptying the 15G column tank tomorrow. There are a bunch of melted plants only a few pieces of Guppy Grass and I already grabbed most of the floaters. There are about 10 left stuck to a Java fern and sponge. No substrate just a rock and DW and sponge. Moving the filter to another tank to keep the BB going. Probably clean it out too after the melt down.

The little Cory with a spot on it's back in QT doesn't really look much better yet.

The split photo period has helped on my smaller tank, pretty much no algae, larger tank it has slowed but not gone away.

Mebbid 02-04-2016 02:37 PM

After dealing with a nightmare from UPS in which they shipped my package of plants to the wrong townhouse in the middle of winter where it sat outside for an hour and a half :banghead:

I got the plants inside, warmed up, and in my tank. I have to say... holy crap I bought too much. A huge :thumb: for AquariumPlants.com Quality plants with good quantities.

Went from this:
https://i.imgur.com/PKa1CU9.jpg?2

To this:
https://i.imgur.com/SyCQ0mr.jpg?2

ImACoolguy 02-04-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mebbid (Post 3341059)
After dealing with a nightmare from UPS in which they shipped my package of plants to the wrong townhouse in the middle of winter where it sat outside for an hour and a half :banghead:

I got the plants inside, warmed up, and in my tank. I have to say... holy crap I bought too much.

I had the same with my 20L lol ordered a bunch of crypts and when I took them apart I had a full tank and extras.

Caleb

Finntastic 02-04-2016 05:31 PM

Well turns out my yellow lab whom I thought for sure was a male turned out to be female and is now holding. The father is either my five barred cichlid or a German red peacock. I would attach a pic but she's constantly hiding so I'll describe her. She has a very prominent black stripe on the dorsal fin unlike other females who have the more faded stripe, a striking gold body with the hint of silvery blue in some spots, egg spot, and black on most of her other fins.

megi-lin 02-04-2016 06:46 PM

Moved my bubble wall and checked nitrates. Around a 10. Hoping I will finish this cycle soon. :)

keegster803 02-05-2016 12:20 AM

Stared at my tanks for a little bit, lol. Then got a new glass top for my 20 gallon. Watched my new synodontis petricola swim around the tank, and even the ocellatus didn't bother them, unless the synos bumped into the occies, but the occies only flared up. The funny thing is that whenever the male sees the female even remotely close to his territory, he will flare up and chase her out, but will let the synos just swim around his territory. Gotta love Shellie's!

Sent via echolocation

Autumnsky 02-06-2016 04:48 AM

Got 3 Turquoise Rainbows today, beautiful trio.

Found that a visit to a newer SW fish store was a disappointment where the guy was recommending fish that needed a school and got to be 3-4 inches for my 6.6G Edge tank.

I did see a Captive bred White Mask Angel which was said to be a 20K fish!!! and a Somekind of Electric Neon wrasse which they said was 3K. For a FISH. It was really beautiful.

scuba dude 02-06-2016 08:08 AM

Going to hit some new stores in my state today, not really looking for anything special but have a few hours to burn this afternoon so figured why not. Always looking for new places

lunch 02-06-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuba dude (Post 3341525)
not really looking for anything special but have a few hours to burn this afternoon so figured why not. Always looking for new places

I do this every other weekend

Finntastic 02-06-2016 11:33 PM

I ordered a sponge filter, a 9.5" Finnex Stingray LED clip light, a 20 pound bag of Caribsea Black aqua soil, and 2 peices of driftwood to finally set up my apistogramma tank. I also ordered two squares of flame moss for my 55g.

Autumnsky 02-07-2016 12:15 AM

Watched the end of a snail gobbling Assassin snail's breakfast. Then remembered to get my little Horned Nerite out of that tank, moved to the 12G.

Added a filter and Chaeto to the SW 6.6G Edge. Found the bristleworm peeking his head out but I couldn't get my plant tweezers in time before he retreated into the rock. I know they aren't bad per se but I don't want it in there. I even tried baiting it out. Added some shells for the Hermits.

Moved the little Aquafarm tank which just has plants and some snails, out of my doorway where the light comes in.

Added the little Peppered Cory into the tank where his friend were. His spot appears to be gone. He was happy to be reunited.

Moved the last container of misc plants out of a tub and into the Aquafarm tank. Dumped out a container of moss that had died. Did general clean up in an attempt to finally get the mess from the tank rescapes - cups, planting tongs, tubing heaters, air pumps, I just have one bucket of snails, I will be dumping into the algae vase, and into the AF I think. I hate to just kill them.

Put some sand from a emptied tank in the utility closet to dry out, its warm in there.

Found the tinyist Cory Habrosus dead in the Mr. Aqua shrimp tank. so only 3 left of 6. Not buying any more of them from that store.

Autumnsky 02-07-2016 01:53 AM

Oh yes and found an amazing fish locally which I will probably stock into the 72G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SxG...ature=youtu.be

And I am thinking of some Green Dragon plecos. This breeder has the brown ones, but I think the green or maybe even yellow might be pretty sweet.

megi-lin 02-07-2016 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3341777)
Oh yes and found an amazing fish locally which I will probably stock into the 72G

And I am thinking of some Green Dragon plecos. This breeder has the brown ones, but I think the green or maybe even yellow might be pretty sweet.

Oooo you could breed the two types and get some cool hybrids!

Nils 02-07-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3341777)

Odessa barbs are awesome! Love the colors on them.

Finntastic 02-07-2016 11:12 AM

Found several baby crypts, and other plants in my 40g which is running with plants, a pleco, an upside down cat, and two kuhli loaches. Also my African butterfly jumped during the night and I found him about 4.5 ft away. Looks like he landed on my bed first bc there are scales all over the bed which means I probably rolled onto him which in turn makes me feel super guilty about it

Finntastic 02-07-2016 11:21 AM

On a good note though my male apistogramma is showing off a lot and the female is starting to take intrest. I will probably leave them in this tank and put shrimp in the tank that I originally planned for them.

megi-lin 02-07-2016 11:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got more endlers and a cat fish to accompany my other endlers and cory cat.

Finntastic 02-07-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megi-lin (Post 3341862)
I got more endlers and a cat fish to accompany my other endlers and cory cat.

Up that cory school to 6

Fresh2o 02-07-2016 11:44 AM

Added a new light fixture to my planted tank. 30" Finnex 24/7:
https://i.imgur.com/M4RbvWah.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Bm5kY5Eh.jpg This is my first attempt at true carpet plants.

Finntastic 02-07-2016 12:20 PM

Removed most of the water sprite from my 55g as it was blocking the light from the aponogeton crispus

FishieKeeper429 02-07-2016 01:22 PM

Just water changes. First water change since I set up the 40g!

3g betta
10g divided female betta sorority
10g freshwater community
40g red tailed shark
~Non aquatic~
20g gecko

PB_Smith 02-07-2016 02:26 PM

Yesterday I was feeling better so I did the water change I've been putting off and some minor re-scaping;

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...d76013561d.jpg

Skyjacker07 02-07-2016 04:26 PM

Hadn't done it yet, but it's what we change day, trim plants, and time to clean out the filters.

megi-lin 02-07-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3341865)
Up that cory school to 6

I am working on that. I didn't want to add too many inches at once. I may get 2 little ones next time to build up. Cause I will get a couple of fancy guppies too at the next trip.

howardg 02-07-2016 05:54 PM

Looked at everything turned on the bubbles.
My red eared slider is eating again. He loves freeze dried brine shrimp
Bout it

Hunter73 02-07-2016 09:28 PM

50% WC & trimmed plants on the 46g. 20% WC on both 5g's, added Borneo Wild Shield to the shrimp 5g. Still running fish less cycle on the 4.6 ADA 45F, and Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long (ugh takes forever).

Autumnsky 02-07-2016 11:45 PM

Found a dark brown shrimp in my Chocolate Cherry tank. Thank was good.

2 more feedings of Prazi food for the fish.

On the last leg of cleaning my fish tank mess, couldn't finish last night too tired!

There is a bit of wire mess from the extra 2 tanks that have water but aren't being used, need to work on smoothing out the jumble. Soooooo close though. Getting a little bit more done than I planned so it is taking longer for that reason too. Things are wiped down and cleaned up :)

I have one resin decoration which has Java Fern growing on it and I don't know what to do with it right now. It doesn't really fit anywhere. hmmmmm?!?

Looking at Rock Flower Anemones for the SW tank. Decided I need another shrimp and was shopping for Macroalgae options, seems some are "out of season", I guess being wintery there are less options than I would like.

megi-lin 02-08-2016 02:40 AM

Added my new bubble wall. And moved plants.

Aaand had a fish die.

Finntastic 02-08-2016 05:55 PM

My driftwood, Finnex Stingray LED clip light, and Elite sponge filter came in the mail

Skyjacker07 02-08-2016 07:38 PM

Added shrimp to the community tank, and picked up a glass top for the 10g planted tank, ordered a glass top for the 36g bowfront along with an upgraded heater.

Finntastic 02-08-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyjacker07 (Post 3342256)
Added shrimp to the community tank, and picked up a glass top for the 10g planted tank, ordered a glass top for the 36g bowfront along with an upgraded heater.

Pics of the shrimp?

scuba dude 02-09-2016 07:47 AM

Hope to get out to a few stores today to see what's new and interesting. Snow the past few days has limited my free time to do so

Finntastic 02-09-2016 08:52 AM

Turns out I'll be receiving a free Krib cichlid today or sometime this week. My friend hates his because it keeps digging burrows under rocks and they collapse and he likes his tank to be perfect.

Skyjacker07 02-09-2016 09:28 AM

Here you go Finn, most of them are in hiding at this time, they're just feeder ghost shrimp, we're doing small adjustments, and seeing what it takes to keep them alive, before we put something better in there, did 15 a few weeks ago and 4 ended up surviving https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4555de4095.jpg

Skyjacker07 02-09-2016 10:49 AM

Also removed the lava rock, and did some slight rescaping. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d04f113fcd.jpg

howardg 02-09-2016 11:19 AM

Question: have a penguin 150 filter in my 29 gallon. Cleaned the pads siphon tube and impeller. Still have an overflow. Any help. Thanks

Finntastic 02-09-2016 05:36 PM

Substrate came in

Finntastic 02-09-2016 08:56 PM

Bought a new african butterfly fish, 3 neons to finish off my neon tetra school, 3 hygrophila compact, and two Monte Carlo

Fresh2o 02-09-2016 10:16 PM

Added Purigen to the filter in my shrimp tank. After 12 hours the water appears more "blue" than the usual hazy, tannin color. The next water change should show how effective the product is (it typically looks like weak tea in the white water change bucket).

MLHoenig 02-09-2016 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spotted this when I got home so I had to film it...the yellow coris wrasse had been hiding for over three weeks:

Finntastic 02-09-2016 11:18 PM

My yellow coris did the same for months at a time and finally he stopped coming out at at all.

MLHoenig 02-10-2016 01:18 AM

I just hope I never have to worry about multi-week "disappearances" again!

Once was enough...

howardg 02-10-2016 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Watching my fish swim, grow and show their personalities. Added half gal H2O to replace evaporation. Dreaming about the larger tank that I can't afford. Everything else A-OKAttachment 284692

Hunter73 02-12-2016 09:09 PM

Topped off water in my two 5G's, my 4.6G, my 12G, and 46G.

Skyjacker07 02-12-2016 09:49 PM

Added a pair of gbr's to the tank. Ecstatic about that.

PB_Smith 02-12-2016 10:00 PM

I broke down and bought a fish that has been in the back of my mind for ages, an Undulated trigger.
Went to a store that had them for sale a couple weeks ago and had a nagging thought that I should go check them out even though I missed the sale.
I struck gold!!! Only $15 :dance:
They had two left and one was PERFECT in every way, perfect size, marking and coloration! He is about 2.25" right now.
here he is in the bag;
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...26378f5c55.jpg
and in tank;
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...51c8a7919a.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...32d4ba2148.jpg

He is currently in a 10 gallon, but will soon be in a 30 and eventually an 80 gallon!:fish1:

PB_Smith 02-12-2016 10:03 PM

oh, and when I set-up the tank for him I used rubble from my refugium and this guy came crawling out...LOL

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...346a1ecbef.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...386e9cd841.jpg

Fresh2o 02-12-2016 10:49 PM

Refilled the CO2 tank tonight. It usually lasts 4-4.5 months. This time 2.5 months. Dummy me, did not realize that the o-ring needs to be changed. The fellow filling it up commented on the poor seal the old o-ring provided. In order to fill it up, he had to put on a new one.
Have it running off schedule for a bit making sure the bubble count is stable.

Finntastic 02-13-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PB_Smith (Post 3343164)
I broke down and bought a fish that has been in the back of my mind for ages, an Undulated trigger.
Went to a store that had them for sale a couple weeks ago and had a nagging thought that I should go check them out even though I missed the sale.
They had two left and one was PERFECT in every way, perfect size, marking and coloration! He is about 2.25" right now.
here he is in the bag;
and in tank;

He is currently in a 10 gallon, but will soon be in a 30 and eventually an 80 gallon!:fish1:

I love undulated triggers. They have so much personality and colors are amazing

Autumnsky 02-13-2016 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PB_Smith (Post 3343164)
here he is in the bag;
and in tank;

What a beautiful fish and a nice Star. That is really an amazing pattern and coloration and I think that's quite a good deal. :thumb:

Well got a little more room in the house and fish closet. Sorted out a few more things and got a bunch of items to a new home!!! :thumb:

I'm doing a quick pwc on the TT shrimp tank and refill water to the 12G.

Fed the snails yesterday in the 12G. Still no fish in there, will be deciding to get expensive locally, or nice tank raised stock shipped in (Green Kubotai) with a couple other things to make the shipping worth it (problem is usually the online supplier doesn't have all I want at the same time :/).

Yesterday removed a few Bristleworms from the SW nano. It is running nice and clear and I didn't put anything new in there.

Still need to go pick up about 10 gallons of SW with 5G of RODI and get the tank water changed out over a week. I found my little leather is looking rather sad still and has been for awhile. Thus the change in tanks and locations. Moving him to the brightest spot and thinking just getting the water nice and clean should help too.

Planning for a couple Rock Flower Anemones and a rescape, hoping to find a few macroalgaes too.

Fun day today. :)

PB_Smith 02-13-2016 01:11 AM

Thanks, he is pretty nice looking, far better than the other one they had.

PB_Smith 02-13-2016 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3343199)
I love undulated triggers. They have so much personality and colors are amazing

:thumb: on the personality thing, one reason I'm willing to devote a tank to him alone if needed. It's like having a pitbull puppy in a tank LOL.

He has been watching me a lot closer than I have been watching him so far.:fish1:

RocknOside 02-13-2016 02:30 AM

I tried to figure what I was going to do with the colony of 200+ cherry shrimp... 😰 hahaha

Finntastic 02-13-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocknOside (Post 3343217)
I tried to figure what I was going to do with the colony of 200+ cherry shrimp... 😰 hahaha

Sell them

fishenthusiast 02-14-2016 12:16 PM

I cleaned out my canister filter and tank.

lunch 02-14-2016 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 284791was sitting in my garage collecting dust, so I sold it

megi-lin 02-14-2016 05:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Added Fancy Guppies, males, to my tank of endlers and catfish.

First one they are in the bag.

Second one is one of the fish in the tank.

Finntastic 02-14-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunch (Post 3343513)
Attachment 284791was sitting in my garage collecting dust, so I sold it

That's a really nice tank.

MLHoenig 02-14-2016 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally caught the big guy yesterday! :dance:

I had put the rock he was hiding in into the 75g tank's sump for three days; noticed him wedged between the rock and the baffle, so I raised the rock out of the water and...

Sploosh! He must've decided water is a better medium for him...so he dropped off and into the sump.

After putting the rock back in the 29g, I simply peeled him off the side of the sump.

And this is where the story continued.

(Ignore the part where I'm reaching for a towel behind me...)

MLHoenig 02-14-2016 07:11 PM

All I did today was a 30% WC in the 29g and 10g WC in the 75g...

enrgizerbunny 02-14-2016 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought a light and anubias this week for my platy tank.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

R3ffer 02-15-2016 03:27 AM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Set up a new tank for it to cycle then got new fish after that I did a water change!

Autumnsky 02-15-2016 03:45 AM

Shopped for 2+ gallon size glass jar containers for a possible RV shrimp tank. Have a couple ideas, but not a firm decision yet.

Boesemanis both have damage to their sides, I think from the Angel but not absolutely sure if they just "play" hard or what? I have seen the Angel attack them but then it seems he is peaceful and the next day damage!!! Might need to put the Angel into the spare tank for awhile and see how it goes with any new damage on their sides. New females are coming soon.

Finntastic 02-15-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3343635)
Shopped for 2+ gallon size glass jar containers for a possible RV shrimp tank. Have a couple ideas, but not a firm decision yet.

Boesemanis both have damage to their sides, I think from the Angel but not absolutely sure if they just "play" hard or what? I have seen the Angel attack them but then it seems he is peaceful and the next day damage!!! Might need to put the Angel into the spare tank for awhile and see how it goes with any new damage on their sides. New females are coming soon.

Rainbows spar when fighting for a mate or dominance which can cause bodily harm and occasionally death which is rare.

Skyjacker07 02-15-2016 10:51 AM

Doing a second water change on both tanks to lower nitrates, ei dosing as is, will be too much for my tanks the added potassium nitrate is sky rocketing my nitrates, doing water changes to reset, then will be lowering my macro input to see what happens.

jwh0818 02-15-2016 11:05 AM

Yesterday I picked up this tank.
7x2x2 dimensions
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...c92535dc02.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Autumnsky 02-15-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 3343681)
Yesterday I picked up this tank.
7x2x2 dimensions
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...c92535dc02.jpg

Wow!!! What's going in there?

jwh0818 02-15-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3343731)
Wow!!! What's going in there?

I want big fish so I'm planning an Oscar tank

JSD_Philly 02-16-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 3343753)
I want big fish so I'm planning an Oscar tank

Yes! How big u going?!?

gemach7 02-16-2016 08:21 PM

Upgraded saltwater tank from 15g to 20g. Changed lid to egg crate instead of glass top. Put a cheap led strip on too look at it, haven't decided how I'm rewiring sump and main light yet.

Tied some moss I ordered around the driftwood in my planted 55 gallon after a water change. Realized should have done the water change afterwards lol.

Lost a Shrimp this morning :(. Did some water tests all came back normal but did a water change anyway. Think he succumbed to age :(.

flack31 02-16-2016 11:00 PM

I think my marineland hot magnum filter is done for...... I've tried cleaning it out several times but I can't get enough pressure to come out of it. And it eventually quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autumnsky 02-17-2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flack31 (Post 3344042)
I think my marineland hot magnum filter is done for...... I've tried cleaning it out several times but I can't get enough pressure to come out of it. And it eventually quits.

Did you try cleaning inside where the impeller drops in?

It has been a busy week here. I am trying to get the light times on the tanks figured out to keep the plants growing well.

I need to also get an online order placed for supplies but a friend needs my help tomorrow and that means I won't have the time to work on maintenance I thought I would.

Hopefully enough time to get an order placed anyway.

The Finnex or the Current light might be a new addition too for the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp tank (Mr. Aqua), not too sure if it is a tank I will be keeping or changing it. Right now I changed to used the 10000K Fluval Sea on it instead of the Beamswork which until I get the old 12G Edge light bar replacement I was using it, though not quite enough output I think.

This just means that it is musical light fixtures atm.

Anyone else notice this thread is nearly 1000 pages?

Finntastic 02-17-2016 08:47 AM

My apistogramma trifasciata spawned

flack31 02-17-2016 09:36 AM

I'll have to try that out when I get out of work.

54seaweed 02-18-2016 10:21 PM

while doing a water change today I found my long spine urchin of 5 years dead , I loved that guy guess I'll have to get another ,

Skyjacker07 02-18-2016 11:17 PM

Did another water change to get the nitrates lower, also received my glass top for the 36g bowfront, and topped off the 10g.

jwh0818 02-19-2016 01:38 AM

Got her up and running!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...690a351b03.jpg

lunch 02-19-2016 03:41 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Between the big timber head, the colour of the stand and the wood lining on the walls behind, to me this photo reminds me of a pirate ship

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 3343681)

54seaweed 02-19-2016 11:51 PM

wow that guy is pretty hows his disposition with tank mates

PB_Smith 02-20-2016 12:50 AM

Well he is in with two moray eels and so far they are doing fine together, but they are one of the more nasty and aggressive triggers, so....
I had one ages ago when I worked at a lfs. I adopted it because we couldn't afford to give him a 50 gal tank all to himself because he killed everything we put with it. After it killed a too many $$$ worth of fish plus costing retail space, the owner told me I could have it if I wanted. I had that one for a couple of years and he was nasty and mischievous. He used to pile all the rocks up against the front viewing pane. I'm hoping this one will be easy going....

the eels just chillin'
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...92d33ed665.jpg

I rescaped so there are myriad holes and passageways along the bottom so the eels have plenty of spaces/caves and the trigger resides in the red coral or the vase.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...9948cf99f5.jpg

this is temporary housing for a couple months at most.

Autumnsky 02-20-2016 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3344453)
while doing a water change today I found my long spine urchin of 5 years dead , I loved that guy guess I'll have to get another ,

Sorry to hear. Those Urchins are pretty neat.

Oh yes - also did pwc to 11.4G Mr Aqua TT tank and added that water to the planted bowls. Made a mess adding "just a little more" too much water to the AquaFarm and soaked the cabinet.

Added water to the snail bucket, the 12G Edge, and 72G and a little left over water to the 46G. And 6.6G SW.

The Oak leaves added to the TT tank are settling in and the snails are after them already. Also the Assassin snail has quite the bone yard of empty snail shells- RH and MTS - mostly RH.

Alan79 02-20-2016 08:56 AM

I added some Crypt Nevilli, Crypt Tonkinensis and Rotala Macrandra to my Betta tank. It needed some algae scraped off the glass so i did a 75% water change while i added the plants and scraped away the algae. It's looking nice now.

I want to clean out a 20g i have in my kitchen. It only has a pleco in there at the moment and he will do better in an under-stocked 3 foot tank i have running. If I have time after cleaning that tank out I will clear up some space to add the rest of the crypts and the macrandra i bought this morning. I might shift everything round enough to make it look like a different tank. It's looked the same for about seven months now.

Mebbid 02-20-2016 11:10 PM

Took some pics of my most favorite plant: Aponogeton Ulvaceus

This is the picture I took 1 month ago of this plant.
https://i.imgur.com/9hlAlyq.jpg?1

This is today.
https://i.imgur.com/LWN24UW.jpg?1

The longer leaves are approximately 1 foot long.

Closeup of the leaf structure so you guys can see why it's soo awesome :)
https://i.imgur.com/kihFXrT.jpg?1

lunch 02-21-2016 04:49 AM

Nice growth

howardg 02-21-2016 02:58 PM

Tank today

Did a 35 percent water change today. Cleaned algae off glass. Checked filter. All ok thinking of nerite snails. Or am I asking for trouble?

Hunter73 02-21-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardg (Post 3345014)
Did a 35 percent water change today. Cleaned algae off glass. Checked filter. All ok thinking of nerite snails. Or am I asking for trouble?

Nerites are cool. The only down side is the white eggs they will lay around the tank. The eggs can be wiped off if you desire. I have several Nerites in my 46g.

Hunter73 02-21-2016 05:05 PM

Did 40% water change in both 5g's. 75% change in my 12g long. 30% change in my 4.6g. 50% change in my 46g. Cleaned the glass on all. Also, saw a ton of Copods in the 12g long.

Last night I ordered a 48" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 and two 200 watt Cobalt Neotherm heaters for the either 75g or 90g tank I'm gonna buy this next week.

howardg 02-21-2016 05:43 PM

So I'll be scraping off eggs instead of algae. I think I'll stick with the minimal algae for now. Had bad experiences with mystery snails dying and decomposing in my old set up

gemach7 02-21-2016 06:44 PM

Installed ATO today, tested it by removing water from the sump. Both water sensors and pump shut off sensor working. For some reason didn't think of a siphon forming since had the reservoir higher than the sump. So dumped about 1/10 of a gallon of water in the tank. Moved the reservoir down below. Shouldn't do things when tired. Glad I tested would have been worse if was the whole 2 gallons.