Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

t4runnr 02-21-2016 09:49 PM

Went to feed the fish this evening and saw the my apisto pair are parents. I didn't even know they spawned since I was away for a few days with the family on a ski trip. Sad thing is I wasn't prepared for them to spawn so I definitely don't have food prepped for them. Come to think of it, there wasn't any cave type structure for them. The only thing I can think of was a small dark opening between the sand and driftwood where my Amano shrimp usually dwell. Anyway, momma apisto has been taking them all around my 75g tank. So cool since I only had them for 8 days.

Finntastic 02-22-2016 07:56 AM

My pistos spawned as well but the eggs/fry didn't make it. I don't even know if any hatched bc I couldn't see them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

gemach7 02-22-2016 01:45 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

2 Attachment(s)
Deleted

gemach7 02-22-2016 01:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Added some Myrio to the planted 55 gallon.
Attachment 285004
Completed the stocking of saltwater Tank. So now 2 o. Clowns 1 purple fire fish.
Attachment 285005

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Darylb 02-23-2016 07:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cleaned my glass

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Lux using Aquarium Advice mobile app

claudio1 02-23-2016 10:36 AM

added 2 zebra nerite snail,great algae eaters...

PB_Smith 02-23-2016 11:34 AM

did a little toothbrush scrubbing and pwc last night. algae is still manageable. :thumb:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...60f0d5d625.jpg

lunch 02-23-2016 01:32 PM

Changed out the 8 harlequin rasbora from my 90lt to my 700lt (kinda funny how they looked big in the small tank) and replaced them with 10 rummy nose, very happy with the swap cos the rummys have rekindled my interest in the small tank, super active little guys

Autumnsky 02-23-2016 05:46 PM

Have been watching 3 Blue Leg SW Hermits in the the 6.6G Edge doing something, love tussle or fight for a shell (there are plenty in there to exchange) 2 seem to be interested in one little guy.

Then fed and watching the critters - Watching Nassarius snails pop up out of the sand for food never gets old, funny Vid on youtube - Saltwater Zombie Snails (not my tank) but much more amusing in person!!!

Last night I flipped the filter pad around in the tank and upped the filter flow moved around the Chaeto in the little hob but didn'treally accomplish what I wanted, it was really gunky with debris and much went into the tank.

So when I have a few extra minutes I plan to turn it off and rinse it with water to get it cleaner and put it into the tank and just add floss. The Chaeto isn't getting enough light in there and isn't very dark green. The hand full in the tank is deep dark green and the nasty Bristleworms and critters keep it nice and clean.

Fed extra for the Upsidedown Catfish in the 72G since she came out to eat and turned the light down as well for her comfort. She likes to hide. (I am still looking for a local home for her with a few friends to play with).

Hoping the lfs has some nice Clown Loaches for Loachie to hang with. He was funny. When I fed them, he sucked a pellet in his mouth and it was too big so he went off with it to a corner to munch on it away from the feeding frenzy. Then he raced back over, grabbed another and did it again.

Noticed the Double Dark Black Angels are getting some pretty color in their ventral fins lighter golden black. Maybe not a standard for color on them (not sure) but it is a very pretty contrast.

Upon further checking the small Hermit body was dead - blew on it with the Turkey baster and the body came away from the shell. :/ don't think it was a molt, maybe just a sick or weak one. Those guys are cannibals, I hear they TRY to eat each other. I got them because they were stikingly colored and after find out they want to eat each other - Uhg. Off to work on that note...

shellyx 02-24-2016 11:32 AM

Busy as usual Autumn!
Well, cleaned the big guy's tank out, his plant's are growing really well in there it's starting to look better.
Added another filter to my shrimp tank wanted more flow for the filter feeders.
Received a piece of wood with anubais on it and suctioned it to the glass for my guy's too feed off, within the hour I nearly lost my shrimp, they were going crazy, so I removed wood and spent most off the afternoon doing pwc. Everyone seems more settled.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Autumnsky 02-24-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3345761)
Busy as usual Autumn!
Well, cleaned the big guy's tank out, his plant's are growing really well in there it's starting to look better.
Added another filter to my shrimp tank wanted more flow for the filter feeders.
Received a piece of wood with anubais on it and suctioned it to the glass for my guy's too feed off, within the hour I nearly lost my shrimp, they were going crazy, so I removed wood and spent most off the afternoon doing pwc. Everyone seems more settled.

sometimes the vendors dip those things or keep them in medicated tanks so that there aren't snails. Kinda like poison I'd guess to shrimp and maybe they didn't rinse it or anything or had double dosed threir tanks or whatever! Scary stuff. Might be able to run a filter with carbon for a couple weeks and do pwc on the bucket /tub to clean it up.

Long day at work today scheduled. So not too much for fish. Going to give them a big variety of frozen (defrosted) foods in a few min.

SW Hermits are scampering around happy now so maybe they are just being Hermits.

Since the 2 Green Kubotai are probably eating the TT shrimp babies, I should move them today. Also hoping to get an order placed in a couple weeks for about 10 more of them.

Or maybe 6 more and 8-10 Chilis or 6-8 Sundadanios Blue Neon if the store has them. Every time I call to check if they have them they usually say yes - every time I actually make the 45+ min. drive they don't!!! They will go into the 12G Edge with the Pink and Red Ramshorn snails.

Probably will also move the 4 remaining (in the original 6.6G Edge) Phoenix, Exclamation Point and Chilis (variety the result of not getting the correct info from the lfs to buy actual Chilis) to the 12G Edge as it will be the Nano fish tank tomorrow.

Planning to break down and clean out the original 6.6G tank pretty soon and either put it away or just get new substrate and shrimp :rolleyes:

Yeah keeping busy - hate to get bored or not have anything to do, lol. :dance:

Ziggy953 02-24-2016 05:31 PM

Topped off the evap on the 40 - adjusted the CO2 on the 54 - looked sadly at the empty ADA 60f...

lunch 02-26-2016 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 285106
Did a head count in my 700..
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

shellyx 02-26-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunch (Post 3346235)
Attachment 285106
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

Great looking tank!
Wouldn't like the pwc on it lol my 55 is big enough for me!

shellyx 02-26-2016 05:14 PM

Trimmed some plant's back and fed frozen brine shrimp too my filter feeders.
Everyone survived after my problem with the wood I bought actually shocked not one death.

Finntastic 02-26-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Attachment 285106
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

That's a nice size and a nice looking tank.

Hunter73 02-26-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Attachment 285106
Albino cory. 6
Bn plec. 1
Boesmani rainbow. 5
Celebes rainbow. 6
Discus. 4
Dwarf neon rainbow. 2
Flying fox. 2
Harlequin rasbora. 8
Hill stream loach. 1
Kuhli loach. 5
Murray river rainbow. 5
Pacific blue eye. 2
Red rainbow. 3
Siamese algae eater. 1
Torpedo barb. 4
Turquoise rainbow. 5
Upside down catfish. 2
Wcmm. 14
Zebra danio. 3

700L?

lunch 02-26-2016 08:28 PM

Thanks guys
Pwc are pretty easy, 90ltrs 3 x per week, if I take my time it's all done in about 45mins
Yeah it's 700ltrs

howardg 02-27-2016 09:43 AM

Weekly PWC. Five gal out, five gal back in. Added some buffer to balance PH. Cleaned a small build up of green algae off the back glass. Everything checks out. Life is good.

Ziggy953 02-27-2016 02:51 PM

In the middle of a water change on the 40b as well as trimming the DHG. Next I will do a water change on the 54.

finished the cabinet for the ADA tank this morning and will start the scape on it later today or tomorrow.

Autumnsky 02-29-2016 02:54 PM

FINALLY, I got the 2 new in the box Fluval Edge tanks from my DD friend at work (to store away for later projects) AND a bonus lightly used Fluval Spec!!!!

I am pretty excited about the Spec, and have thought about getting one for awhile, though knew I was in the middle of reducing number of tanks so didn't think about it too much, lol. It was $10!!!!!!!

So now I need to put it in the back of my mind (shrimp tank, lol) since I have a bunch of LIFE to deal with right now and fish and shrimp are on the back burner for a time. But since it is so cool, I might just get the excess plants in there with the excess snails and move the Assassin snail maybe get a couple more and see if they breed on their own.

Anyway I am happy to get the 2 new tanks (planning on later to have a fancy Betta) but more excited with the Spec. Also would make a nice Betta habitat. Ahhh the choices, and how would I rather be retired and play with the fish tanks instead of work 2 or 3 jobs! :eek:

JSD_Philly 03-04-2016 11:33 PM

Lots of planting and big water changes. Planted oscar 75 gallon and planted 20 gallon community tank

Come check it out!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ad-345028.html

Autumnsky 03-05-2016 04:19 AM

Bought prepared SW and foods, filter floss, a medium Striped Trocus snail, 4 Sexy Anemone shrimp, Hilarious!!! Two kinds of Gracilaria Macro Algae and a little /younger Emerald Crab.

Did pwc of 50% on 6.6G Edge SW. Cleaned out the filter, finally got around to rinsing off the Chaeto from the HOB filter and then added the floss. Just about a week later than I was planning. :/

I see the Sexy shrimp showing off their sexy moves, almost rolling on the floor! If you haven't seen it you should watch a video of it!!!

Now trying to decide if I should switch the SW to the Spec V or the 12G Mr. Aqua or spend the $ and repair the 12G low iron tank I got and subsequently broke, that is sitting out in my boneyard. Maybe this week I will get a couple price quotes for repairs, and then talk to some experienced tank repairers who DIY.

I think finally decided to keep the SW tank and maybe only one Shrimp tank (crying, LOL)

That's gonna be 4 tanks or is it? Hmmmmm..........
72G Rainbows
12G Edge Nano fish or shrimp or maybe one tank of Chilis and shrimp
and a 12G either Low iron or Mr. Aqua rimless, or 12G Edge. SW

If I bump the Angels out I can add a school or two of nano fish to the 72G. Hadn't really considered that combination seriously, but it might solve a few issues.

Also shopping for a new light for the 12G FW, my Staurogyne Repens are needing more light. Kinda scouting Marine lights too but the exact one/size would depend on which tank to have operating.

howardg 03-05-2016 04:38 PM

Did a 35 percent weekly water change. Cleaned glass rinsed filter pads added bacteria and tidied up the rocks and plants. Thinking of putting in nerite snails

Autumnsky 03-06-2016 02:29 AM

Happy that I was able to locate all 4 Sexy Shrimp this evening - they lived so far! One is very tiny though. The bigger snail is nomming on the glass!! So far happy with the results.

MLHoenig 03-06-2016 09:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well...not today, but this week...

Added two new residents:

1) Honey Red Damsel
2) Spotted Mandarin

Pics below:

Attachment 285330

Attachment 285331

Autumnsky 03-07-2016 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLHoenig (Post 3348286)
Well...not today, but this week...

Added two new residents:

1) Honey Red Damsel
2) Spotted Mandarin

Pics below:

Attachment 285330

Attachment 285331

Nice!

Well I added a clip light, full spectrum CFL to the Mr. Aqua Shrimp tank because the light is too low! Also noticed that my Pinto Anubias has 4 new leaves since I got it BUT they are green, not spotted so I hope to get the light up enough to get the spotting back. Its like the one in my avatar. I plan to check the other one and see if it has spots or not if it has any new growth.

That tank has pretty low lighting too so I am a little bummed. I paid alot of money for those guys.

Also today decided I might do a terrarium with one of the other tanks going out of fish commission. Might go shopping for what kind of little terrarium sized plants we have around the local area before trying to check the costs of ordering. Mainly thinking of moss but you gotta have a few little plants too.

It might be fun for the set up and not too much effort to water once in awhile to keep alive. Still just thinking about it.

shellyx 03-07-2016 02:00 PM

Pwc on my elephant nose tank and cleaned the impeller.
Hubby removed attached filter in my juwel rekord (shrimp tank ) it's freed a lot of space up and the muck that came out of it was filthy. So I did a large clean and rearranged thing's. Looks better with my other filter's now. 😊

Autumnsky 03-08-2016 04:07 AM

I got to see (a rare appearance of) my Spotted Rafael Catfish. Her body os SOOOOO Gimormous! Tried getting a pic but she was hid halfway behind DW and plants so is isn't much to see. She just keeps growing. And to think when I got her the person said (I didn't know what kind it was actually) she might get 3 inches long - I think about 8" long now. She is about 3.5"+ across her body and then fatter in the center where her tail starts than a banana. Kinda shaped like a long Bosc pear. With a head & whiskers and some monster strong anchoring pectoral fins.

She looks like she grew an inch around since last August. Probably because she eats my Neon Tetras, Cardinals, etc.

gemach7 03-08-2016 11:54 AM

Pwc changes on the 55 gallon and the guppy fry tank. Haven't decided what I will be doing with the tank once they move back to the main. Maybe salt water shrimp macro algae tank and hook up to my sump. Or a freshwater planted shrimp tank.

Played around with the custom function of the 24/7 during water change adjusted to wavelength dispersal during rain storms. Boredom I guess lol.

howardg 03-08-2016 04:04 PM

Added two nerite snails to my 29 gal freshwater just last Sunday. I acclimated them they are on the bottom and haven't come out yet. I don't think they are dead. Is this normal with newbies?

shellyx 03-08-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardg (Post 3348698)
Added two nerite snails to my 29 gal freshwater just last Sunday. I acclimated them they are on the bottom and haven't come out yet. I don't think they are dead. Is this normal with newbies?

Hi, give them time to settle in. Snail's can take a while to come out I wouldn't worry :)

megi-lin 03-08-2016 09:14 PM

Took out all my plants and washed them. They were awful! Siphoned most of my gravel. I did it wrong...cause I didn't realize how bad the gravel was. (I got a 7' siphon when I needed a 9-10', haven't been able to return it so I ended up using it.) I emptied out water, then when I put water back in everything got stirred up. Then I siphoned and readded water. So I really ended up with a 40-50% wc when I wanted a 25. Oh well.
So, my plants are out so gunk could get picked up from. The water. Also I think I am going to do something different inside. Buuut , yeah that is what I did. I may start feeding smaller pinches because, well, they eat most of it, but a few pellets are always left over and that adds up over 3 months.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Skyjacker07 03-08-2016 11:11 PM

Technically did a water just on my newly set up sw tank; just to add some freshwater, to lower my salinity.

Autumnsky 03-08-2016 11:31 PM

Watched the fish for a little while. Never ended up moving the 2 Green Kubotai so going to do a 40% pwc and put them into the 12G Edge for now so maybe can get some TT shrimp babies.

Very disappointed in the Fluval stock replacement LED light I installed on the 6.6G Edge. I had been concerned about this possibility when I switched it from the original halogen lights (because of being broken/halogen not available). If I have enough time will do a pwc on that tank too.

MLHoenig 03-09-2016 08:01 PM

75g Now Dressed to the Nines

1 Attachment(s)
Vac & 10g water change in the 29g to get some red slime under control.

Picked up a Tuxedo (Urchin) at Nebraska Aquarium Supply...

(Tried uploading photo right side up and upside down...)

MLHoenig 03-09-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3348560)
I got to see (a rare appearance of) my Spotted Rafael Catfish. Her body os SOOOOO Gimormous! Tried getting a pic but she was hid halfway behind DW and plants so is isn't much to see. She just keeps growing. And to think when I got her the person said (I didn't know what kind it was actually) she might get 3 inches long - I think about 8" long now.

Mmmmmm...farm raised catfish!

😎

Autumnsky 03-10-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLHoenig (Post 3348917)
Vac & 10g water change in the 29g to get some red slime under control.

Picked up a Tuxedo (Urchin) at Nebraska Aquarium Supply...

(Tried uploading photo right side up and upside down...)

Sometimes that happens.

I LOVE the Urchins!!! Make sure to feed him macro algae or seaweed sheets! They eat soooo much!

Ended up pwc'ing the Mr. Aqua tank, 2 - 50% back to back pwc because of the gunk I kicked up. There needs to be a reduction of feeding in that tank gee, was there too much gunk.

Added water to the snail tub and the plant tub, then the vase and bowl. Moved the Kubotai too after the pwc in the 12G Edge.

Today moved one clump of Gracilaria as it seems to be turning pale on the edges.

MLHoenig 03-10-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3348953)
Sometimes that happens.

I LOVE the Urchins!!! Make sure to feed him macro algae or seaweed sheets! They eat soooo much!

OK...will add seaweed to the tank now and again. Thanks!

He's already climbing the glass...lol I never would've believed urchins would do that!

howardg 03-11-2016 12:38 PM

Looked in on my nerite snails early this morning. Still in their shells not moving yet. Got them last Sunday. LFS said bring em back for exchange tomorrow

cgthebeast 03-12-2016 03:46 PM

Did a big water change in the FW, fiddle around with the skimmer since I did my SW water change yesterday. Wipe down stuff from salt

howardg 03-12-2016 04:18 PM

Did a pwc. Cleaned glass. Rinsed filter pads. Retrieved dead nerite snails ( think the were DOA anyway). LFS exchanged for two new ones. So much more active when their alive. Had water tested at LFS. Everything checks out. Now I can watch snails crawling all over the rocks, keeping algae in check

Fresh2o 03-12-2016 05:16 PM

Went to an auction today. Did not buy anything (aside from raffle tickets). I won prizes on two of my raffle tickets. A pile of manzanita DW and a bag of misc stuff: TDS meter, Xteme Foods algae wafers, used ceramic media.https://i.imgur.com/KgCXJHVh.jpg Sold 3 packages of plants, collected proceeds from the last auction, met some new members.
Trimmed the tank this morning. Before and after: https://i.imgur.com/QGJgPadh.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vMx8puhh.jpg

lunch 03-12-2016 07:41 PM

Wait, u got used, second hand, dry filter media? Booby prize?

Fresh2o 03-12-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunch (Post 3349406)
Wait, u got used, second hand, dry filter media? Booby prize?

Attachment sites are attachment sites...bacteria don't care. Once they get seeded there should not be any difference.
All three plant packets sold for a fair price.
Strangest auction item: Bucket of fried chicken. Apparently they had a surplus from what the fish club ordered at lunch.
Fish club guest speaker was Bob Lewis from IFGA. Lots of info on raising show guppies.

lunch 03-13-2016 12:21 AM

Yeah I get that, just strange is all

lunch 03-13-2016 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Added 2 more home grown corys to my main tankAttachment 285469 fresh out of the fry tank both measuring in at 20mm

lunch 03-13-2016 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And I added a couple large swords Attachment 285470

MLHoenig 03-13-2016 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5g water change in the 29g

Two new frags in the 75g, plus another Christmas Tree that separated from the 29g

Now up to seven babies...gotta look closely to see them all, but they're there.

And I anticipate an eighth within the next few days...

Almost forgot; I started a colony of copepods...

MLHoenig 03-13-2016 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Better picture of the new frags:

Autumnsky 03-14-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 3349381)
Went to an auction today. Did not buy anything (aside from raffle tickets). I won prizes on two of my raffle tickets. A pile of manzanita DW and a bag of misc stuff: TDS meter, Xteme Foods algae wafers, used ceramic media.https://i.imgur.com/KgCXJHVh.jpg Sold 3 packages of plants, collected proceeds from the last auction, met some new members.
Trimmed the tank this morning. Before and after: https://i.imgur.com/QGJgPadh.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vMx8puhh.jpg

Lucky dog!!!

Howard - glad the new snails are alive, definitely more active that way!

Found one heavily berried TT, and i think another newly berried, but it went under the leaves and couldn't be sure.

Hoping that the little guys start breeding. They are really brght orange with the exception of one pale one and one light orange. Thinking maybe to take those two out, but might wait to see how the babies look when they pop out.

Was supposed to take a trip Sunday to a couple fish stores to find rock flower anemones but was so sick I could barely get out of bed :nono: So that didn't happen - will call a couple to verify if they got them in or not and how much and colors - IF they got them. Very iffy around here.

Moving the Gracilaria macro algae out from under the bright light seemed to help it not keep getting bleached. It is looking more normal color the last couple days.

Skyjacker07 03-14-2016 05:09 PM

Added a glass top to the 20 long, and an blue bulb to it.

littlefish4 03-17-2016 02:56 PM

Bought a guppy to maintain cycle on qt tank. Purchased larger net, piece of driftwood and a cave.

Also did routine water change and cleaning on my 29G.

Eventful day by my standards!

shellyx 03-18-2016 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Added new shrimp to my 30g today. Attachment 285596
Can't decide whether I should add some Brigatte Boraras too this tank or otos? It just needs something!

lunch 03-18-2016 03:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After 2 months of having a fry tank hanging off the side of my main tank, this morning I was finally able to put the top back on itAttachment 285599Attachment 285600

MLHoenig 03-18-2016 09:55 PM

Not sure if my 'pod colony is succeeding or failing...

Lots died within the first couple of days but it appears to have a reasonable number still moving about...about 100 by my guesstimate.

The initial count was whatever comes in a bottle of Tigger Pods®

Per the throwback-from-the-sixties kid at my LFS, I set up a shallow tub with about 1" of aquarium water, tinted it green with Phyto Feast Live® and added the 'pods...

Also tossed in a couple of pieces of base rock for the little beasties to play in...

Kid says no air needed due to good surface area...

Patience is the key, I know, but how soon _might_ it become obvious one way or another: success or slow death?

Fresh2o 03-19-2016 09:39 AM

Added some new DW to the tank: https://i.imgur.com/KbDSzT1h.jpg Crypt replaced with AR mini: https://i.imgur.com/zgkoeiQh.jpg Another view: https://i.imgur.com/LL49ZvTh.jpg

Ziggy953 03-19-2016 11:08 AM

I will let the pics speak for themselves...

Before:
https://i.imgur.com/jTwT0ev.jpg

After:
https://i.imgur.com/UqeoIV2.jpg

54seaweed 03-19-2016 12:02 PM

well I got my tank ready last night for some new coral and a tang ,
woke up this morn to find the whole tank rearranged , than I saw little tiny clown fry swimming around , I didn't catch this batch maybe I'll catch the next , I thought it was 10 days to hatch . these guys took 25 days guess they were a oddball batch , guess the bigger fish have a snack today.
once things settle with all the new stuff I'll get some new picts .

Quote:

OK...will add seaweed to the tank now and again. Thanks!
Now what if I told you I can't swim ! :D

howardg 03-19-2016 12:10 PM

Hi. It must be Saturday again. Did a pwc trimmed plants repositioned rock over airstone. GBR seems kind of skittish and withdrawn. Perhaps the gourami beat him up??

54seaweed 03-19-2016 03:42 PM

well corals are still acclimating but I did get a sneak peak at my new blond lipstick naso tang .

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...980ccc46c3.jpg

Autumnsky 03-19-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3350522)
well corals are still acclimating but I did get a sneak peak at my new blond lipstick naso tang .

Wow! Awesome looking creature!

Fresh, that DW combo looks great in the tank!!!

Did a quick couple of pwc on the 2 - 12G tanks. 3G on the TT Mr. Aqua and half gallon on the Edge.

After looking for about 10 minutes the other night still saw only one nice berried TT and not more than that. :(

Bummed I had to miss the Aquarium Society annual Spring auction and work today instead. Probably just saved me a ton of money on the bright side.:(

Exhausedly looking at different Rock Flower Anemones online, after realizing my clock in the living room was still off in winter time, all my phone calls to lfs went unanswered / none of the lfs were open because it was after 6pm! ugh! Was trying to get a head start for any possible deals.

jwh0818 03-19-2016 09:39 PM

Changed out sumps 0.o the 75g sump I had on my 210g was too big for the stand. I switched to 2x 20g longs both are connected by a water bridge thanks to a buddy on another forum. So much happier with the change. Too bad it broke my cycle. Finished my cycle the same day and now I'm stuck in a mini cycle. So close to ordering fish. Ordered my fish food and also received my Poret filter sheets in the mail today. I picked 30 ppi and 45 ppi
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...60ad1167b8.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...2d5441010f.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...c6b4edaead.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...0e05461c8b.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...097d43cfcb.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

54seaweed 03-19-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Wow! Awesome looking creature!
thank you I think I spent your bank roll
wife named him lips I think this is one of the coolest fish I have and I have some strange looking characters in my tanks

MLHoenig 03-19-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3350506)
Now what if I told you I can't swim ! :D

You better learn quick if you see that catfish swimmin' up behind ya!

:rofl:

MLHoenig 03-19-2016 11:00 PM

5g change in the 29g; hauled out a couple BIG bristle worms in the process.

Weekly scrub-pad work in the 75g. Prepping for tomorrow's 15g PWC.

Daily check of the 'pod culture – still have a good number of live ones, so I guess it's doing OK...

Skyjacker07 03-19-2016 11:34 PM

Added a valentini puffer to my tank, and mixed up a fresh batch of saltwater for my water change tomorrow; also got a letter from my housing; implementing a new pet policy, so I'll be breaking down a couple of tanks, and quite sadly and possibly having to give up my companion my loving dog Hattie.

MLHoenig 03-20-2016 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Weekly 15g wc in the 75g

Checked the 'pods

Mounted another Christmas Tree – one or two more babies coming later this week

More pics of the Mandarin

superpeytonm 03-22-2016 12:40 AM

Did a 50% wc on the 75g.
Got a new silver dollar to bump up the school's numbers.
Got a bag of floating plants (not sure what they are, they weren't labeled). I've wanted to try floating plants for a while, so I figured that for $2 a bag I would. I had to rig up a little partition so they couldn't get near the hob filter, but they look great!

Autumnsky 03-22-2016 03:45 AM

Got a decent shot of my chubbery, spikedy Spotted Raphael Catfish.

It doesn't really reflect the giant size she is but its nice for color.

The moss ball is the size of a graqpefruit - almost a softball size.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69959.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69962.jpg

Finntastic 03-22-2016 11:52 AM

I haven't been on in a while so I'll catch you all up. Starting out with my newest 10g planted well I was sick for a while and couldn't turn on the lights for a week so a lot of the plants didn't like that and died the remaining plants will be moved out of the tank so I can clean the tank and re-boil the driftwood and they will be moved back once I get a new light. The 40g is green and there are sprouts everywhere. The 55g community it healthy and the algae is gone finally I have lost a few more neons to the butterflyfish. Finally the cichlid tank is doing well, it's pretty calm and empty in there so I plan to and some more fish soon.

PB_Smith 03-22-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLHoenig (Post 3350399)
Not sure if my 'pod colony is succeeding or failing...

Lots died within the first couple of days but it appears to have a reasonable number still moving about...about 100 by my guesstimate.

The initial count was whatever comes in a bottle of Tigger Pods®

Per the throwback-from-the-sixties kid at my LFS, I set up a shallow tub with about 1" of aquarium water, tinted it green with Phyto Feast Live® and added the 'pods...

Also tossed in a couple of pieces of base rock for the little beasties to play in...

Kid says no air needed due to good surface area...

Patience is the key, I know, but how soon _might_ it become obvious one way or another: success or slow death?

The red Tigger pods that come in the bottle do not thrive like tisbe or larger types. From what I was told they will reproduce for maybe 8-10 generations and then die out.
I seeded my refugium with pods from ReefsToGo, now named AquariumDepot when they had their buy 1000 get 1000 deals. They send a mix of 3-5 types of pods. They often have free shipping deals, now you can get 500 pods and some macros for $20, https://www.aquariumdepot.com/aquariu...m-macro-packs/ probably about what the Tigger pods cost.
I also got these;
Amazon.com : Poseidon's Feast : Live Marine Copepods - 3000+ Tisbe & Tigriopus Pods - 16oz : Pet Supplies
and have had great success with them.

I have pods all over the place now and have seen the different types come and go in population explosions. I have had the refugium running for about 9 months now. I used a mix of Fiji Mud and oolite sand for substrate and the pods love it and burrow into it all the time. A ball of chaeto also is a great medium for the pods to reproduce in.

howardg 03-22-2016 09:31 PM

Lost my GBR. Gourami must have stressed him to death. Replaced with a Bosemani Rainbowfish cool wired looking fish. Did a PWC on Saturday watched snails eat algae

howardg 03-22-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardg (Post 3351176)
Lost my GBR. Gourami must have stressed him to death. Replaced with a Bosemani Rainbowfish cool weird looking fish. Did a PWC on Saturday watched snails eat algae

Fresh2o 03-22-2016 11:38 PM

I cut out a ~1-2" strip of the Glosso along the front glass. Carpet was getting thick. I also reburied the base of the DW because it was a bit too tall (stirred up the detritus a bit):
https://i.imgur.com/VH5b51Sh.jpg https://i.imgur.com/w0vcHwIh.jpg https://i.imgur.com/xSrJMjdh.jpg

Skyjacker07 03-23-2016 12:24 PM

All I did today was check the parameters of my sw tank, yesterday I added, a banded coral shrimp, emerald crab, and a couple of hermits too.

Autumnsky 03-23-2016 05:56 PM

We had a power outage and as I filled for evaporation and then was pouring water into the tank FROM the tank to aerate I decided to do pwc on the tanks to maximize my efforts.

So did pwc about 35G on the 72G. It really needed one anyway. Did 3-4G on the 2 12G tanks and filled the little nano SW but think I wil do a water check and do a pwc. I was running out of warm water so decided to wait on it.

I added minerals mix to the pwc on all the FW tanks to keep the KH measurable.

Power came back on as I was shoveling a path to the car to charge up my phone, lol. It is the "blizzard of 2016" here in Colorado right now. We have about 12-18" since middle of the night. :eek: Got a snow day from work and they shut down the highway anyhow. So happy the power is on now!!! Fish are happier too. They like air! I was a bit stressed because I fed them pretty well last night and was worried about ammonia building up so I added Prime too first thing when it happened.

I still need to get some battery operated air pumps and extra batteries!!! Anyone have any recommendations on which to get or NOT to get?

54seaweed 03-23-2016 09:01 PM

well today discovered my blond lipstick naso tang has popeye , chased him around almost 2 hrs getting him in QT,
I need to get out and get some meds , but 2 ft of snow don't help much hopefully tomorrow will be a better day ,

MLHoenig 03-24-2016 08:41 PM

Today must be the day of death.

All I did today was look at my 75g when I got home.

And discovered this. It was my xmas present...

(And I still don't know why my pictures rotate when I post 'em.)
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...8f26611c4d.jpg

bribo12 03-24-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLHoenig (Post 3351563)

How big was the clam?

MLHoenig 03-24-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bribo12 (Post 3351564)
How big was the clam?

About 3"

Needless to say, I'm devastated; two hours later, I'm still trying not to cry.

MLHoenig 03-24-2016 09:47 PM

Don't know if I should start saving up to replace him; if I have a clam-killer, I'd just be throwing money away.

bribo12 03-24-2016 09:48 PM

Sorry about the loss :(. Small clams are definitely tough to keep. I've lost some that were a bit smaller than that guy. They tend to just go as well.

Finntastic 03-25-2016 07:41 PM

Sold my african butterfly fish since he attacked my betta, also sold my albino bn pleco, 5 German red peacock cichlids, and 150 water lettuce for 5 mbuna, 8 black neon tetras, 3 goldies for my pond, and a light for my 10g planted

54seaweed 03-25-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLHoenig (Post 3351563)

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...8f26611c4d.jpg

I fixed your pict and yes I"m sorry about the clam ,
the reason your picts come out side ways may be the way you hold the camera or phone but that is nothing more than a guess ,

Autumnsky 03-26-2016 04:20 AM

Almost made the decision to do the clean out on the FW 6.6G Edge and shut it down for awhile.

Thinking it will be a good idea at least to clean it out, move the 4 nano Chilis and B. Merah. Whatever shrimp I find will see about what to to with the couple that are remaining.

Won't have time for a few days due to work schedule. Planned to do it anyhow and need to change the substrate when it gets set back up again sometime in the future.

Called around about the Rock Flower Anemones - found 4 at 2 different stores all basic colored ones for $30 and $40, not interested for those at that price. My closest store had their shipment of fish and stuff come in cold and mostly dead. Are expecting a replacement in a couple days.

Other store still had "not available for order" on their order list. Most of the stores didn't have any or any indication they would be getting any.

Changed the filter floss in my SW HOB. Sexy shrimp seem to be doing good still so far.

Fresh2o 03-26-2016 05:36 PM

Picked up some RCS from a member of a local fish club. 20 for $17. However, it was more like 30 RCS plus a pair of endler fry. Same price. These are very red for RCS, even after transport and acclimation.
Took an old toothbrush and tried to harvest as much pesky string algae in the shrimp tank. Maybe increasing the number of floating plants will help.

54seaweed 03-26-2016 06:50 PM

Added another dose of meds to my QT tank holding my blond naso lipstick tang ,
I think I figured out why he developed Popeye . I'm thinking it was the sudden altitude change , as he was shipped from California which is sea level to the mountains in Colorado 8500ft above sea level ,
he actually looks better the bubble on his eye deflated but he will still remain in QT for the full 10 days than slowly be weened off the meds like around another 5 days before he can be reintroduced to the display , giving me time to observe if it is completely gone,

This is him before
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...92aeb89a4c.jpg

This him after being in QT 1 1/2 days I know he isn't cured but he looks a lot better
notice the bubble is almost gone
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...2005133b85.jpg

Skyjacker07 03-27-2016 12:06 AM

Haven't done anything to the tanks themselves other than feed, but pumped up 10 gallons of ro/di and got the salt mixing for a water change tomorrow.

shellyx 03-27-2016 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got up this morning to my bulb gone in my shrimp tank, off to lfs tomorrow too buy new one's.
Added more Sand to my elephant nose tank looks a lot better, and really pleased how my plant's are growing.
Attachment 285799

atlantis404 03-27-2016 07:32 AM

done my last coat on 3d background

1 Attachment(s)
4th coat was a tad messy with the red and brown dyes and the sand to texture but I am pretty chuffed with it for my first attempt :)

Autumnsky 03-27-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3351960)
Got up this morning to my bulb gone in my shrimp tank, off to lfs tomorrow too buy new one's.
Added more Sand to my elephant nose tank looks a lot better, and really pleased how my plant's are growing.
Attachment 285799

Your plants are looking lush! Don't delay on getting the bulb, that happened to me and had quite a mess because the plants were mad at me and started melting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlantis404 (Post 3351968)
4th coat was a tad messy with the red and brown dyes and the sand to texture but I am pretty chuffed with it for my first attempt :)

Pretty darned cool atlantis! Looks smashing!

~~~~~~~~~

Cleared out the Edge 6.6G FW tank and resued ONE shrimp from the mucky tank bottom (other than maybe one or 2 in the bucket of plants - unknown at this time.) Have some of the plants in a bucket not very much after the Anubias nana which was moved into the 72G.

Moved the 4 various Boraras Brigittae and Merah nano fish into the 12G Edge with the Green Kubotai. They are kind of hanging out together.

Put the shrimp into the aquafarm plant holding tank. Have other things going on, so will look into any lost shrimp from the little bits of Subwassertang and the plant bucket later.

howardg 03-27-2016 09:22 PM

Did a 35%pwc. Vacuumed gravel. Tank is super clean

Hunter73 03-27-2016 09:49 PM

50% water change in both Fluval Spec V's. 50% water change on my 46 gallon bowfront. Broke down my 12 gallon long because today I set up my new 75 gallon. I've decided I'm breaking down my 4.6 gallon ADA tank as well. Going from 6 tanks to 4. I'll be happier.

megi-lin 03-28-2016 04:22 PM

I did a 50% pwc and scrubbed off algae. Cleaned my bubble wall. Fish are happy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

shellyx 03-29-2016 09:51 AM

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and rinsed filter's. Fed live bloodworm to him.
Pwc on the shrimp tank, got new bulb fitted. Managed to break my spray bar and flood the living room, been one of those day's 😕

54seaweed 03-29-2016 08:10 PM

My tang developed Popeye from being shipped we think it was the sudden altitude change ,
Dosed my QT with it's second dose of meds for my blond Naso Lipstick Tang , His eye seems to be getting better , seems the bubble is going down behind his eye , he has 3 more doses before I slowly start weening him off the meds , so long as he shows no more swelling in his eye .

Skyjacker07 03-29-2016 10:07 PM

Added some more rock to the tank, and a diamond goby. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...04229fd677.jpg

MLHoenig 04-01-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyjacker07 (Post 3352526)
Added some more rock to the tank, and a diamond goby. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...04229fd677.jpg

Nice job!

MLHoenig 04-01-2016 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Keeping the lights off for a couple days to get rid of a few small patches of cyanobacteria; found this, this morning; first time way up out of the sand: