Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Skyjacker07 04-01-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLHoenig (Post 3353099)
Nice job!

I appreciate, been wanting a sw tank for a while this is my first go.

Autumnsky 04-02-2016 01:53 AM

Skipped a day of feeding the 72G tank day before yesterday and then last night got to see the usually hiding Spotted Raphael cat and Upside-down Cat Rushing out to gobble some wafers.

The Spotted Raphael Cat is so HUGE! Since I don't really see her swimming around in the tank and just during evening feeding time once a month maybe, give or take. It was rather a shock to see her size, shimmying around scoping out the little wafers - next to the little guys. Tried to get a better pic - again - but nope.

I think about 7" as I held up my hand and she was easily that length, then measured my hand as I didn't want to be exaggerating the size. About 3.5 or 4" tall and about 3.5" wide.

Here is another from a couple days ago.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70010.jpg

And a fun one with 3 of the Blue Leg Crabs fighting over a wafer.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70011.jpg

howardg 04-03-2016 01:01 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Did a water change. Cleaned gravel impeller and siphon tube. Replaced five gal water. Fish and snails OK

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

54seaweed 04-03-2016 06:25 PM

started the 5 day detox on my blond naso lipstick tang , she is getting lots of attention from the dogs and from my wifes mom ,
I can't wait till she is ready to go back in the display tank ,

Fresh2o 04-04-2016 12:28 AM

Did not attend the local fish club all day auction today 🙁 Had other pressing, non-aquatic, items to attend to instead.
Yesterday I bleached the CO2 diffuser because the bubbles were a bit on the larger size. I also did a water change, hunted down the spawn of Satan known as duckweed, and glued some stray HC Cuba to a piece of DW: https://i.imgur.com/PYTuLs3h.jpg

Finntastic 04-04-2016 06:48 PM

Added a pair of pearl gourami to me 40g and they get along great with my firemouth and electric blue acara in there. I also added a pair of honey gourami to my 55g community and they love it. And finally I added a melanochromis exasperatus and a high fin cat to my cichlid tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

megi-lin 04-04-2016 07:35 PM

Well, I lost two endlers today. So I had to remove them. One of them I have had for almost 2 years. His time had come. I will have to buy new ones next month. When those are settled in, I will add more guppies. I think another endler may die soon, it is at the top just chilling. I'll miss them.
I just filled a 2 gallon evap gap. Also I added conditioner. Finally turned on the hood light at 6:15pm. I have let the sun do the lighting today. Fed my fishies.
I said I was going to get new endlers next month. I have 2 left, do I really need to get more ASAP rather than wait because they school, or will they be fine because I have other guppie breeds in the tank?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Skyjacker07 04-05-2016 12:27 AM

I lost my new diamond goby this morning, I have a glass top on my 20g long, and somehow he squeezed out, found him on the floor. [emoji17]

Autumnsky 04-05-2016 04:22 AM

Just been feeding and watching them for awhile each day. Life has been really busy as usual of late.

enrgizerbunny 04-05-2016 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my 50ft water changer today!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finntastic 04-05-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny (Post 3353938)
Got my 50ft water changer today!

I want one of those so bad.

Finntastic 04-05-2016 11:04 PM

My male apistogramma trifasciata died today of dropsy

camilleee 04-05-2016 11:12 PM

Today I did my daily hand-swipe on my java fern leaves to rid them of diatoms.

Finntastic 04-05-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camilleee (Post 3353946)
Today I did my daily hand-swipe on my java fern leaves to rid them of diatoms.

Do you have lots of java ferns?

Skyjacker07 04-06-2016 12:35 AM

Did a water change on the 10 gallon fw tank; mixing up water for a change on the sw tomorrow, an acclimating a brittle star to add in as we speak.

enrgizerbunny 04-06-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3353941)
I want one of those so bad.

It's the only reason I'm keeping my tank at this point, I'm THAT tired of hauling buckets, and the fact that I have high placed tanks relative to most stands makes it worse. Top of my 55 is almost 60" top of my 10 is almost 70"

Autumnsky 04-06-2016 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3353942)
My male apistogramma trifasciata died today of dropsy

Sorry that you lost him.

Finntastic 04-06-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny (Post 3353973)
It's the only reason I'm keeping my tank at this point, I'm THAT tired of hauling buckets, and the fact that I have high placed tanks relative to most stands makes it worse. Top of my 55 is almost 60" top of my 10 is almost 70"

Yeah I deal with that height problem as well, I don't know the measurements but hight is awful for me.

Finntastic 04-06-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3353984)
Sorry that you lost him.

Thanks.

Autumnsky 04-08-2016 04:15 AM

Did pwc of about 12 - 15G on the 72G. Cleaned off a couple tufts of BBA from the DW. It seems the SAE aren't doing their job quite as well as they could be, which brings me to the Algae on the leaves of the Anubias.

So a couple things, this tank needs an auto water change set up and i need to get busy with that pretty soon.

Also I am not loving the light which is the Current USA 48-60" RBG model. Hmmmmm. I am off on a couple day trip then back for a night and off again next week so the others will have to help keep things in order. :eek:

I found my old Peppered Cory ill and late at lights out and this morning he was a gonner. None of the other ~23 Cories look like there are any issues. Fingers crossed.

Saw a too large for my appreciation Bristleworm in my SW nano. Too creepy and gross. There are now 2 which I think need to go away...somewhere.

Skyjacker07 04-08-2016 10:08 AM

Got rid of my newly acquired green brittle star, it was entirely too large for my tank and could easily eat my small fish, and added a clown in its place.

54seaweed 04-08-2016 06:20 PM

The green ones are the fish eaters , I have a gray banded serpent 24" he is great with all my fish and helps keep tank clean ,

Putting my blond Naso Lipstick tang back in my main tank after being in qt being medicated for Popeye she's been detoxing almost a week ,

she seems to have made a great recovery eating like a pig and all

Skyjacker07 04-08-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3354470)
The green ones are the fish eaters , I have a gray banded serpent 24" he is great with all my fish and helps keep tank clean ,

Putting my blond Naso Lipstick tang back in my main tank after being in qt being medicated for Popeye she's been detoxing almost a week ,

she seems to have made a great recovery eating like a pig and all

They are, it was given to me because he was missing two fish; an occelaris and a goby, I didn't get that info until after the fact, my tank is a 20 long, it covered the side of my tank, swapped it out local for a mate to my ocellaris.

howardg 04-09-2016 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought 2 green tiger barbs today. They look cool. Found my male buenos ares tetra belly up. Perhaps the two females chased him to deathAttachment 286076

Fresh2o 04-09-2016 05:35 PM

Howard ^^^^ I have the same "No Fishing" sign
Water change day. Duckweed hunting in the planted tank. Swirled the toothbrush in the shrimp tank to pull out as much hair algae as possible.

54seaweed 04-10-2016 03:30 PM

I have one of them too. only mine says No fishing/Beware of jaws that is too funny
I have all these freshwater decorations nothing to do with them ,
this is so cool the Naso tang is schooling with the chromis

megi-lin 04-10-2016 04:54 PM

Dosed my tank with antibiotics yesterday. Will actually remove the filter cartridges today since I cannot remove carbon from these Aqueon ones. Then I will dose the tank again.

MLHoenig 04-10-2016 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5g water change in the 29g
10g water change in the 75g, plus a bit of rearranging

But just before bedtime last night, I spotted this...like a bunch of grapes...did I catch that 'shroom in the throes of a "nature call"?

howardg 04-13-2016 08:32 AM

Going to change a filter pad and rinse the other one. Adding some BB. All inhabitants co-existing nicely.

Skyjacker07 04-13-2016 09:51 AM

Going to do a 6 gallon water change to lower my nitrates a bit. A little on the high side for me.

keegster803 04-13-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 3354635)
Swirled the toothbrush in the shrimp tank to pull out as much hair algae as possible.

I do the same thing with all the hair algae in my 5 gallon nano reef, the stuff just keeps growing, and neither my hermit crab nor my emerald crab will eat it! I thought I was the only one who did the toothbrush trick!

Sent via echolocation

shellyx 04-13-2016 05:57 PM

Pwc on my shrimp tank, I had ordered 15 Boraras Brigatte for this tank but the guy got back to me and doesn't believe they're true Brigatte so I'm devastated, I've looked everywhere and no luck. My hubby looked at our LFS and they don't get them either so he bought me a couple of bamboo shrimp to cheer me up!
Fed live bloodworm to my elephant nose don't know who is enjoying it more him or the Amanos lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

megi-lin 04-13-2016 09:37 PM

I did a 25% pwc and put in new activated carbon filter cartridges. Getting out an antibiotic.

54seaweed 04-13-2016 10:09 PM

emptied my QT tank to get out all the contaminated water , cleaned everything filters tank and heater along with power head , refilled so it's ready for my next arrivals .

cleaned out canister filter on my predator tank and did a water change ,
Bought this canister as I figured it will make my life easier and it was under a C note ,
boy was I wrong , basically have to tear everything down before opening canister ,
need to prime lines before starting filter ,

it works great the work just to be able to clean it ' to much over kill

it's a cobalt E-X-T it says it's self priming and no need to remove intake or out take , glad I didn't listen or I would have had a flood . what should have took a little over a hour took almost all day ,

I see shut offs in the near future

Autumnsky 04-14-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megi-lin (Post 3354793)
Dosed my tank with antibiotics yesterday. Will actually remove the filter cartridges today since I cannot remove carbon from these Aqueon ones. Then I will dose the tank again.

I hope you are keeping them wet with fish tank water to keep BB.

~~~~~`

Had a couple out of town trips this last week but got back about 5 days sooner than I was going to so very happy about that.

Added water for evap a couple days back and tonight added a gallon to the 12G Edge and added 1.5G to the shrimp tank. and the rest of that gallon to the 72G. It needs more but hope to do a pwc tomorrow or the next day.

Think I found a home for a couple Angel fish. And I am hoping the Opaline
Gourami too, to a big tank like maybe a 150 or 210G. :) Will know for sure in a couple days.

Thought a couple of the nano fish I just moved were no longer with us. Turns out they were hiding, as I sat looking at the tank with no lights on I see them swimming around. Only one is brave and out all the time. The others are scared. Maybe I will get a background frost coating.

Also need to get a few more fish to round out the group of Green Kubotai. And will start looking for Boraras Brigittae again locally. And a couple more of the Boesemani females. I will need to go on a long drive to check out the not so lfs to find them.

Will have to make a special trip to get more of the Green Kubotai this week if they are in stock.

Rygirl2002 04-17-2016 08:21 PM

Water changes

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Autumnsky 04-17-2016 08:41 PM

Did a little tidying of the fish food containers and put away a few things I have been forgetting to put away.

Wanting to move the 3 buckets of misc plants and snails with sponge filter and stuff to get the room looking better. Hoping to finish that tonight.

Did a 1 gallon pwc and added almost a gallon of evaporated water from the week I was mostly away from home on the 6.6G SW nano.

Removed a few bristleworms from the SW and also changes the filter floss to a filter pad and upped the water flow to help clean out the cloudiness I stirred up. Removed a few dead frag plugs I had dumped in with some other rubble for my little Pistol shrimp (which I never see) when I was in a hurry one evening to wrap things up. It had made a muck catching cave where the intake was. Now that is gone. Should be cleaner now that the filter can get the crumbs.

The 2 extra Double Black Angelfish will have a new, good, experienced home in a couple weeks :)

Got the Cuprisorb in which absorbs copper, so I will be emptying the 46G QT tank and refilling and running this stuff for a couple weeks at a time and testing for the copper levels, till it is gone.

Got 2 bags just in case I needed it. Have heard great things about the effiacy of this product - to eliminate any detectable copper. Won't use a copper containing product again in a whole tank application!!!

Found a juvenile TT shrimp walking around, so that pretty much proves that the TT were having babies and the Green Kubotai were enjoying expensive snacks!

Still see 2 berried females, probably the same two as before. So very hopeful in getting a whole bunch of babies to start filling up the stock. I will be on the look out for a few more very nice ones from an outside source to strengthen the line.

OneTwoRedBlue 04-18-2016 06:49 AM

Fed the goldfish Repashy Soilent Green for the first time. I think the cubes I cut may be a little large. I think they liked it, but they didn't go crazy for it.

Tested nitrates and phosphate to see how the PPS-Pro is going. Phosphate was low so I upped the micros and non-nitrogen macros.

Re-planted all the elodea/anacharis that my piggy goldfish uprooted over the weekend.

Looked at testing kits for potassium and magnesium so I have a better idea of what plant uptake is. They're all really expensive and not in the range/accuracy necessary for PPS-Pro, so I gave up and ordered a TDS meter from Amazon.

MLHoenig 04-18-2016 09:48 PM

Nothing yet.

But I need to re-place a frag that was knocked off the LR by my (gigantic) Emerald Crab -- that puppy's easily 2" claw-tip to claw-tip when he's acting mean...maybe even 2 1/2" tip-to-tip -- that'll be done within the next hour.

Nothing to be done in the 29g.

Autumnsky 04-19-2016 05:27 AM

Finished moving a few things around. Edited out a tank stand I thought would be cute to use someday (the doors have glass, frosted and fish outlines), but instead it looks like its going on the donation truck in a couple days. Too many projects and just not enough time to make it all happen.

Spent a bit of time getting around to nearly ordering some macroalgae from Reef Keepers trying to decide for sure to spend $20 more to get free shipping which is really like 10 because shipping is $10 - LOL!

Also checked in on a local company to buy some (SW) pods, but they can't do pick up only shipping UGH...have I mentioned (lately) how much I hate paying for shipping!!!!!!? Wierd I know... its cost to get stuff from one place to another...I know - still hate it!

Delapool 04-21-2016 11:22 AM

Lol - I feel your pain. I hate when you find a good deal but shipping is stupidly high.

Pulled a loose plant out of the tank and ended up removing an ice cream container full... Will replant on weekend but was nice to see the gravel.

Italian Mike 04-21-2016 05:29 PM

I received 6 Blue Velvet Shrimp in the mail and added them to my tank. ;)

shellyx 04-23-2016 08:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Added 19 boraras to my shrimp tank, thought I had 20 but only counted 19! Been offered more so I'm thinking of ordering another 10, they look tiny in my 30g! Soo cute!
Pwc on my elephant nose tank looks like he's scratched himself again .
Added pictures of my new fish really struggling to get a pic of them but they won't stay still!
And thanks again Autumn 😊Attachment 286358Attachment 286359

Autumnsky 04-23-2016 02:30 PM

Glad you finally found some shelleyX!!! They are adorable.

Well for got to turn the lights on in my tanks til 10 pm, as I am up late they got only half dose of light. Already having some troubles with the plants not having quite enough light as it is. I think it is time to round up all the timers I have been buying over the years and not using and get them plugged in. I kinda like just doing it myself.

Was excited to see some very you, maybe a week born Tangerine Tiger baby shrimp, an saw a few more which were probably in the month old range. The tank has some aglae on the glass from the sun shining into it in the afternoons and the tank hasn't been scraped but the shrimp are enjoying it, and makes it hard to see in easily. Was pretty pleased. Still saw 2 berried a couple nights back but one looked like she was in the middle of babies popping off!

Last night they were fairy swimming all over the tank so maybe a new batch of saddled females soon will be berried!!!

shellyx 04-24-2016 09:09 AM

Pwc on my shrimp tank, on cleaning my filter I found a dead boraras 😭
So I've taken precautions and squeezed sponges over the intake to prevent any more deaths incase they were getting sucked in.
Removed loads of plant's in my elephant nose tank it was seriously over grown in there! A lot more room in there now for him.

guppygourami 04-24-2016 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found around 200(?) angelfish eggs on a piece of tile we put in a couple days before. Attachment 286381

<g.m.t.a>

Rygirl2002 04-24-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guppygourami (Post 3357401)
Found around 200(?) angelfish eggs on a piece of tile we put in a couple days before. Attachment 286381

<g.m.t.a>

Congrats!

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Rygirl2002 04-24-2016 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I added a coral beauty to my 65 gal FOWLR.Attachment 286407

shellyx 04-27-2016 06:00 PM

Added more boraras too my shrimp tank today, all arrived alive and healthy. Didn't take them long to settle in and find my other's, really love these little guy's 😊
No shrimp deaths today thank goodness hope it lasts.
Early clean on my elephant tank since he's scratched himself again! Cleaned filter's and algae scrub.
That's been my day.

Autumnsky 04-28-2016 12:32 AM

Late last night checked the fish and fed them.

Then, in the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp tank I saw 3 dead large bright orange shrimp, and a young one, and saw one more later. Did 2 50% pwc and a couple gallons after that.

There was a large algae wafer I had dropped in thinking the snails and the shrimp and little Dwarf Cories would just go crazy eating. Later 12-18 hours can't really recall, they hadn't eaten that much and though usually all the MTS would still be there picking at it, there was no critters feeding. I sucked out the remnants with the handy dandy turkey baster. Even did a few extra amounts around the substrate.

The shrimp had been alive and wandering around the tank earlier in the evening.

Didn't have time to test before getting the emergency pwc's done. I am guessing an ammonia spike.

The snails had eaten one shrimp, the others, I lost a female and 2 males, all really bright orange. Why couldn't it have been the 2 I had planned to cull? (not a real question).

This morning did 2G pwc.

Had intended to do a deeper clean on the tank the other day but there were tiny new fry. :(

Really long day, got home and added some Prime. After a bit of rest will do another 50% or 50/50 pwc.

Added some trace minerals to the water, about half a dose.

Had to make a side stop too - shopping for some new SW sand as I was considering switching up the tanks anyway. (Wanted to get it into the new set up before the package came) Not content with the options at the 2 nearest not so lfs. Going to take a quick check online.

Got some liquid minerals for the SW tank and some more calcium powder for the low KH from the tap water for the FW tanks, along with a little extra Prime since I'm doing some extra tank/substrate/water cleaning this week.

My Chaeto is getting so very big! It stayed small in the HOB filter without hardly any light, its now IN the tank with lots of light.

My shipment of macroalgaes and snails should be coming, I thought maybe today, but I guess not. For some reason I didn't get a tracking number so I will need to send a email to check and make sure if it really was sent Monday.

Tomorrow is likely delivery. I will be waiting in the AM. Often the USPS drops off the packages a little earlier to the houses than the mail to the boxes.

Also I am going to try a new hook up /buy a quick connect for my FX-5 filter so I can just connect and turn the valve to drain the tank to outside. Step one for quicker water changing system for the 72G.

shellyx 04-28-2016 07:37 AM

Sorry to hear that Autumn :( it's horrible losing our little guy's.

I got up this morning to one of my ninja shrimp dead, these are one of my favorite shrimp in my tank, but I'm thinking old age as he would be at least 2 yrs as he spent a lot of time in my elephant nose tank before adding to my shrimp tank.

Finntastic 04-28-2016 08:58 AM

I'm sorry for both your losses :(

On the other shrimp hand I got my first shrimp yesterday, a little rcs I couldn't pass up at Petco, and I should be getting in 10 more today and another 12 next week

shellyx 04-29-2016 07:19 AM

Found another dead shrimp this morning 😭 this time it's a young crs! I also have a borara merah hiding behind my thermostat, it's been there since yesterday so I'm starting to get concerned, feel like this tank is the tank of doom!

Autumnsky 04-29-2016 04:06 PM

Mine too. Tank of Doom.

Found a couple more dead ones when I was trying to clean up and search more thouroughly.

Also found the shell of the once lively and hungry Assassin snail. He was around 2 or more years old - don't know how old they get off hand. Maybe was his time to go any how. No body just a shell.

So perhaphs all these things are related and it made the perfect storm.

Any how checking into when or where my shipment of macro algaes went if sent or IF they actually were sent. They never came. Bottom line.

One good thng about the TT shrimp was that I found a berried one still in there. About 6 shrimp total I think.

I cleaned out their tank again last night with 3 ~50% pwc, 3 because I cleaned the filter and moved it over and then stirred up some particles in the water. I think I will clean it out in the next 2 days, work is busy now. Move them all over to the 12G Edge and clean out the Mr. Aqua and use it for the SW tank.

Or finally take the low iron rimless tank down to a glass company to measure, cut and glue in a new bottom. That was such a pretty tank.

Once up a time.

shellyx 04-29-2016 04:12 PM

Sorry Autumn soo sad : ( I've just found another orange shrimp dead! It's getting that bad that my son is calling me the grim reaper off shrimp! He's probably right.
Increasing my elephant nose meal at night for some reason he has gone off eating in the mornings.
Decided to give the shrimp tank a large change tomorrow.

30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Autumnsky 04-30-2016 12:35 AM

Well let's you and I have no more shrimp deaths.

Tonight when home the Shrimp tank looks very clear. Probably good moving the filter to the other side to help clean more in a different direction.

No word back yet about my SW order, whether it was received by them or sent - lost in the mail or not sent. :/

Fresh2o 04-30-2016 07:02 AM

Such gloom and doom lately. Let's hope things improve in both of your tanks.
Did a second dose of fenbendazole in my shrimp tank. Treating for a planaria problem. 12 hours after the first dose, the planaria were out and about after I dropped in an algae wafer. Hoping the second dose did the trick. About the drop in another small wafer and see who shows up. Fins crossed.

shellyx 04-30-2016 10:16 AM

Just finished a large clean on my shrimp tank, cut back a few of my plant's looks better. Haven't found any dead shrimp yet.
Trimmed some plant's back in my elephant nose tank, noticed some dying leafs.
Fresh2o, I hope you win your battle against planaria, actually noticed a few in my shrimp tank today.

Finntastic 04-30-2016 12:26 PM

I received 12 red cherry shrimp for my 10g shrimp tank so now the stock is 13 shrimp, one of which is berried, and another might be a fire red shrimp

I also have 5 assassin snails in the tank

Barliman 04-30-2016 09:47 PM

Did the weekly 20% water change on the 20-long ("JJ&J's Seafood Buffet"). Did some trimming of the plants (The Cardamine Lyrata is trying to take over) and then went to Petco to buy seven Neon Tetras. I held off because the usual "fish guy" wasn't there and I wasn't sure if the cashiers knew how to safely catch and bag fish. I'll go back tomorrow and try again. :fish2:

Autumnsky 04-30-2016 11:19 PM

Retail therapy?

:angel: Used some SW retail therapy to distract myself from the shrimp losses.

Went to buy some Tisbee Pods and a little green water food for them, and again almost struck out, none near by - had to go to the pretty darned far away lfs, but stopped at one place I like going and chatting with the owner and his daughter, which was pretty much on the way.

Found some Macro Algaes I had been looking for. Got a scoop of Tea Cups for $5. and someone had just recently dropped off a gallon bag of Black Codium, I got a sandwich bag of that for $5. Along with the Tea Cups, I got a few straggler pieces of a kind I have seen but don't know the name and a little bit of Grape and Feather Calerpa. Which I like.

FINALLY!!! I got a vampire (I didn't call it that the wholesaler did) pretty nice Rock Flower Anemone. Mostly red with a aqua greenish mouth and purple blue frill with a hint of white edges. Will try for a pic tonight or tomorrow. The gal said $39, and he gave it to me with a rock it was attached to and a Astra snail for $35. :dance: It is about 2 inches. Maybe meaning it will live longer because it is younger.

Then went to the other lfs pretty far away, and got a 5G SW refil and 2lbs of nice dry rock, 16 oz of what did turn out to be Tisbee Pods after being told on the phone they were mixed pods, so I was happy enough since that was what I was after originally. About 4 oz of Phyto (pod food) he threw in for free.

They didn't have the black Hawaiian live sand I was looking for so called a nearby big box place and they did have it so went there.

Get a discount so the sand was 23.99 instead of 29.99, they had a Pom Pom crab with both poms so picked that up and it was just over 10.50!!!

Pretty excited since I have been wanting that since the beginning 2 or 3 years, as well as another RFA (way more than I wanted to pay but a good price) for nearly a year.

(Doing a 50% pwc on the sw tank now.) Going to get things acclimated and into the tank asap!

Will start the new larger SW tank, 12G, pretty soon - sometime this week. Still deciding about which one to use. :D

Finntastic 04-30-2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3358576)

Went to buy some Tisbee Pods and a little green water food for them, and again almost struck out, none near by - had to go to the pretty darned far away lfs, but stopped at one place I like going and chatting with the owner and his daughter, which was pretty much on the way.

Found some Macro Algaes I had been looking for. Got a scoop of Tea Cups for $5. and someone had just recently dropped off a gallon bag of Black Codium, I got a sandwich bag of that for $5. Along with the Tea Cups, I got a few straggler pieces of a kind I have seen but don't know the name and a little bit of Grape and Feather Calerpa. Which I like.

FINALLY!!! I got a vampire (I didn't call it that the wholesaler did) pretty nice Rock Flower Anemone. Mostly red with a aqua greenish mouth and purple blue frill with a hint of white edges. Will try for a pic tonight or tomorrow. The gal said $39, and he gave it to me with a rock it was attached to and a Astra snail for $35. :dance: It is about 2 inches. Maybe meaning it will live longer because it is younger.

Then went to the other lfs pretty far away, and got a 5G SW refil and 2lbs of nice dry rock, 16 oz of what did turn out to be Tisbee Pods after being told on the phone they were mixed pods, so I was happy enough since that was what I was after originally. About 4 oz of Phyto (pod food) he threw in for free.

They didn't have the black Hawaiian live sand I was looking for so called a nearby big box place and they did have it so went there.

Get a discount so the sand was 23.99 instead of 29.99, they had a Pom Pom crab with both poms so picked that up and it was just over 10.50!!!

Pretty excited since I have been wanting that since the beginning 2 or 3 years, as well as another RFA (way more than I wanted to pay but a good price) for nearly a year.

(Doing a 50% pwc on the sw tank now.) Going to get things acclimated and into the tank asap!

Will start the new larger SW tank, 12G, pretty soon - sometime this week. Still deciding about which one to use. :D

Wow, sounds like you've been really busy. Money well spent i say

shellyx 05-01-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3358576)

Good for you Autumn!
Well this morning I've had no dead shrimp so that's been 2 day's without any!
Still concerned about the little borara that's hiding behind my thermostat, he's not coming out to eat just chasing fish away? No signs of illness soo just going to keep an eye on things.

Autumnsky 05-01-2016 09:37 PM

Yay!
Dropped in my pods after installing a pre filter along with the green water phytoplankton. Water looked, fine not green like I thought it would.

Was pleased that there was a Sexy shrimp hanging out on the edge of the open Rock Flower Anemone. Will post pics by in the morning.

Finntastic 05-01-2016 11:07 PM

Well green hair algae is starting to grow all over my 40g, I would freak out but I actually don't mind since this is my 'natural tank' and I'm just gonna leave it be, I'll only rip out the longest strands

guppygourami 05-01-2016 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3358768)
Well green hair algae is starting to grow all over my 40g, I would freak out but I actually don't mind since this is my 'natural tank' and I'm just gonna leave it be, I'll only rip out the longest strands

What does it look like? I haven't had algae before :3

<g.m.t.a>

Finntastic 05-01-2016 11:15 PM

Long thin green strands that feel and look like hair

Autumnsky 05-02-2016 02:21 AM

Posted a new album & added a few pics

Took some pics.

New Rock Flower Anemone with the Sexy shrimp and a Blue Leg hermit.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70143.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70144.jpg

And a leather frag
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70142.jpg

And just because his pom poms are cute anemones

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70140.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70141.jpg

Local purchased Macro Algae

Tea Cups and Feather Calerpa

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70137.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70138.jpg

Black Codium

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70139.jpg

shellyx 05-02-2016 09:25 AM

Beautiful pictures! Love the pom poms (think I got that right 😉) your tank looks good.
40 % clean on my elephant nose tank, removed some frogbit too much going on at the moment the surface is covered.
Well I watched a shrimp molt today and survive yippee! So im keeping my fingers crossed.
Really enjoying my boraras, never thought I'd find small fish so interesting, but boy are they Greedy.

54seaweed 05-03-2016 01:14 PM

waiting on delivery , I hope all the rock nems I get today look that good
I'll get picts later
I never could find any tea cups that were healthy I love how you bushed it together
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture70137.jpg

shellyx 05-03-2016 01:19 PM

Another day without shrimp deaths! Really pleased hoping thing's have settled. Managed to break the end of the spray bar so I had to glue it back in place! Always something in this tank.
Gonzo is looking a lot better all his scratches have healed up well until the next time.

54seaweed 05-03-2016 08:55 PM

got my order today was a little disappointed , only 1 rock nem came the rest are on back order . also got a rose bubble nem wow do they glow , also got a bunch of frags , oh and my favorite the box porcupine puffer.

first here's the puffer
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...88ada26577.jpg
yes the sand needs a cleaning I changed out the sand with black tha my trigger decided to blow off all the white sand and crud off the rocks , big mistake black sand in the predator tank as they are slobs .

second is the 1 rock nem I got , now I got to wait for the rest
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...563abefe78.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...42a6af8f02.jpg

now 3rd is the rose bubble he's not fully open yet
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...1a842376cb.jpg
but wow they are colorful

Beej1254 05-03-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3359151)
got my order today was a little disappointed , only 1 rock nem came the rest are on back order . also got a rose bubble nem wow do they glow , also got a bunch of frags , oh and my favorite the box porcupine puffer.

first here's the puffer
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...88ada26577.jpg
yes the sand needs a cleaning I changed out the sand with black tha my trigger decided to blow off all the white sand and crud off the rocks , big mistake black sand in the predator tank as they are slobs .

second is the 1 rock nem I got , now I got to wait for the rest
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...563abefe78.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...42a6af8f02.jpg

now 3rd is the rose bubble he's not fully open yet
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...1a842376cb.jpg
but wow they are colorful

Did you order from that one website we talked about? Or a different one? I was kinda curious about the service

54seaweed 05-04-2016 02:44 PM

No this was a totally different place , lost my puffer last night not happy
don't think the service was worth the wait , as 1/2 the order is on back order and the lack of communication ,
this place I prob give 1 1/2 and that's being nice,
the only thing going is the nems look great the frags aren't to hot either

like they say live and learn :D

Beej ,
if you want a review on certain places pm me I dealt with about all of them

Autumnsky 05-05-2016 12:57 AM

So happy to hear good news about the shrimp! I also, haven't had any more shrimp deaths, thank goodness for now.

Dang, Seaweed losing that fish is sad. And poor SW shipment with little to show. Big disappointment.

The RFA is very nice, and the Bubble Tip is WOW!

shellyx 05-05-2016 09:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Good to hear Autumn.
Pwc on my shrimp tank, rinsed filter's and cleaned fronts glass. Trimmed back some plant's and managed to kill my lotus! Added more cattapa leafs, really like the tannins in the water.
No casualties Yippee! 😀
Here's some pics I'm not very good at taking them lol.

Attachment 286612Attachment 286613Attachment 286614Attachment 286615

Beej1254 05-05-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3359265)
No this was a totally different place , lost my puffer last night not happy
don't think the service was worth the wait , as 1/2 the order is on back order and the lack of communication ,
this place I prob give 1 1/2 and that's being nice,
the only thing going is the nems look great the frags aren't to hot either

like they say live and learn :D

Beej ,
if you want a review on certain places pm me I dealt with about all of them

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that seaweed.

That place sounds terrible

Fresh2o 05-06-2016 12:06 AM

Got to try out a TDS meter I won at a raffle from a monthly fish club meeting (sadly it sat in the bag for two months). I tested distilled, tap, shrimp tank, and planted tank and here's what I got (in order): 0, 174, 192, 280. I do the same amount of water changes on the shrimp and planted tanks. The latter has a higher bioload (more food added) plus is gets daily PPS-Pro ferts. I'm going to try to monitor and record this parameter and see if any trends develop.

@shellyx - Love that shrimp and nano fish tank.

OneTwoRedBlue 05-06-2016 01:07 AM

I got my TDS meter today as well! Tap was around 70, tank currently at 100ish. Tank TDS is low because my team moved floors today, so I effectively did a 95% water change.

Sent using Aquarium Advice app

Autumnsky 05-06-2016 01:58 AM

TDS meters sound cool. I didn't get one...

shellyx - thank goodness things are stablizing with the shrimp. The tanks look good!

Busy, busy, exhausting day spring cleaning around the house and yard!

I threw out a tank that had got wasp spray on it last summer. Back then, I filled it with water and of all the buckets and containers outside they all got some mosquitos. Not one mosquito larve lived in that tank though outside after the unfortunate overspray incident. So off to the dump for that tank. (Since no fish would be able to live in it either.)

Saved my low iron 12G with the cracked bottom - put it in the car to take to get a new bottom or at least get a perfect (thicker) glass for a new bottom to do myself.

Dumped some pretty rotton smelling water out of some buckets that had froze last Autumn with plants and snails in them, super yuck muck in there!

~~~
Moved my tank light from one side of the little SW tank today to the other so as to get lots of light in the tank but not bleach out my Tea Cups and other macro algaes, and give the Chaeto lots of extra light for growing.

Did evap refills late last night and hope to do pwc tomorrow.

Yay still no more shrimp deaths every time I look deeply into the little forest tank, I try and count all the TT shrimp I can see, pretty much every day it is not the same number, one more or less. Last night was 7.

The momma shrimp possibly dropped her fry. I don't know if they are live or not yet too small to see yet with all the hiding places. Maybe I saw one tiny one but I am not certain yet. Hoping she dropped maybe 8-10 and they lived (of course). I have seen 2 young shrimp, maybe like just under half grown. 2 adult females for sure - ~4 males? .

Thinking still about setting up the Spec V but since it is a used tank, I want to run some cuprasorb in it and figure out my best guess for keeping the baby and shrimp in general, out of the filtering system. I have been reading how some people have made types of covers. Spec needs a really good cleaning, kinda filmy looking but I am out of mr clean magic erasers, who could believe?, lol.

And also have an empty Edge glass tank not clean, sitting dry on my coffee table waiting for a final clean including with a magic eraser - to go back into the box for storage for a little while.

Also trying to decide what to do with a sponge filter that is sitting in a bucket with some MTS. It is a kinda large one shaped like a 4 leaf clover so doesn't conveniently fit in my small tanks. I have a possibility with the 72G. If I get a 90 degree air tubing connector elbow and place it in vertically instead of horizontally I think it will hide nicely behind my big DW! That idea just came to me.

Thanks for letting me think out my tank stuff! No one is particularly interested around here. (maybe not all here either!!! :eek:) They think the tanks are pretty but could care less how they get that way.

Autumnsky 05-07-2016 04:04 AM

Reviewed cost difference for local purchase of higher cost fish vs. online plus shipping.

One fish I think I might as well buy locally if/when available. Other kind might just try the online with shipping. Because of being sure what I am buying.

Might wait one more week to see if the lfs really is getting the fish they said they would get. Always SAY they are getting them but don't. Ugh.

Looked at a couple auto dosers and auto fill units and costs.

guppygourami 05-07-2016 01:40 PM

Woke up to hatched eggs and around 50 angel wigglers :)

<g.m.t.a>

Fresh2o 05-07-2016 03:10 PM

Used a toothbrush to pull hair algae from my shrimp tank.
Currently at a monthly fish meeting/auction. Guest speaker is Joe Gargas. Topic is "Aquarium Water". Great talk and lots of good info. The guy has rubbed elbows with Axelrod and Wattley.

KingKoopa512 05-07-2016 03:35 PM

My weekly water change. Acclimating some pygmy cories i bought as well

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

guppygourami 05-07-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3359513)

shellyx - thank goodness things are stablizing with the shrimp. The tanks look good!

I threw out a tank that had got wasp spray on it last summer. Back then, I filled it with water and of all the buckets and containers outside they all got some mosquitos. Not one mosquito larve lived in that tank though outside after the unfortunate overspray incident. So off to the dump for that tank. (Since no fish would be able to live in it either.)

Saved my low iron 12G with the cracked bottom - put it in the car to take to get a new bottom or at least get a perfect (thicker) glass for a new bottom to do myself.

Dumped some pretty rotton smelling water out of some buckets that had froze last Autumn with plants and snails in them, super yuck muck in there!

~~~
Moved my tank light from one side of the little SW tank today to the other so as to get lots of light in the tank but not bleach out my Tea Cups and other macro algaes, and give the Chaeto lots of extra light for growing.

Yay still no more shrimp deaths every time I look deeply into the little forest tank, I try and count all the TT shrimp I can see, pretty much every day it is not the same number, one more or less. Last night was 7.

The momma shrimp possibly dropped her fry. I don't know if they are live or not yet too small to see yet with all the hiding places. Maybe I saw one tiny one but I am not certain yet. Hoping she dropped maybe 8-10 and they lived (of course). I have seen 2 young shrimp, maybe like just under half grown. 2 adult females for sure - ~4 males? .

Thinking still about setting up the Spec V but since it is a used tank, I want to run some cuprasorb in it and figure out my best guess for keeping the baby and shrimp in general, out of the filtering system. I have been reading how some people have made types of covers. Spec needs a really good cleaning, kinda filmy looking but I am out of mr clean magic erasers, who could believe?, lol.

And also have an empty Edge glass tank not clean, sitting dry on my coffee table waiting for a final clean including with a magic eraser - to go back into the box for storage for a little while.

Also trying to decide what to do with a sponge filter that is sitting in a bucket with some MTS. It is a kinda large one shaped like a 4 leaf clover so doesn't conveniently fit in my small tanks. I have a possibility with the 72G. If I get a 90 degree air tubing connector elbow and place it in vertically instead of horizontally I think it will hide nicely behind my big DW! That idea just came to me.

Thanks for letting me think out my tank stuff! No one is particularly interested around here. (maybe not all here either!!! :eek:) They think the tanks are pretty but could care less how they get that way.

To be honest, I think a lot of people (like myself) follow your threads and read your info but don't respond. In my case, I have no idea what most of the things you referred to are so I usually can't say much hehe ^^

<g.m.t.a>

shellyx 05-07-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3359513)

~~~

Busy, busy Autumn!
Glad you haven't lost anymore shrimp like me Hooray!
And I am always interested in your fish stuff which you know lol

My fish arrived today a day late but all alive and after a longer acclimatisation looking really good :) still concerned about 4 which I bought from a different seller 2wks ago, they look pale, fins clamped and very emaciated I cannot catch them to isolate them. Fed them BB tonight and the 4 never ate sad!
My elephant nose managed to smack his chin into the driftwood tonight and hid for a while, so in the morning I'm going to have to take a good look at him, It didn't stop him eating.

Barliman 05-07-2016 11:39 PM

Weekly 20% water change, removed some algae, cleaned the glass, found another dead neon. :facepalm:

Autumnsky 05-08-2016 01:28 AM

Thanks Guppy, and shelly, you are always there for me.

It is frustrating when I keep hearing other that that tank is pretty - the big 72G with fish you can see, when the other tanks are smaller or have shrimp most people hardly notice, comments from the adult children, like, why bother you can't see anything in there or looks pretty nice but I don't see the point (of taking all that time or spending money on something you can hardly see!)

So thanks. With the downsizing for now, it has been sad but better because I can spend half the time caring for them (than before, double the tanks/workload compared to now.) It is allowing me to spend just a little more time watching the tanks inhabitants. Things are really busy and the schedule is very tiring, and watching the tanks is enjoyable.

Just fed and watched the fish.

Thought a little more about my online order option and decided to do it.

guppygourami 05-08-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barliman (Post 3359857)
Weekly 20% water change, removed some algae, cleaned the glass, found another dead neon. :facepalm:

Sorry about your neon Barliman :(

We moved the danios so now just the angelfish and their fry and a couple tetras are in the tank. Hoping for the best for these fry!

<g.m.t.a>

Rygirl2002 05-08-2016 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I re-did my 5 and 10 gallon betta tanks with some nice silk plants I found at flowerlandAttachment 286691Attachment 286692

Autumnsky 05-10-2016 05:55 AM

Did a 1.5G pwc on the SW Nano.

Phone broke so I haven't made calls to check who can do a deal on the special glass for the low iron glass tank (not low iron for the bottom just thick and good cut).

Was about to turn out the lights on my 72G when I saw a big Anubias leaf with eggs on it.

Getting the phone thing worked out so in the morning if they are there I might be able to get a good pic.

So I see the other 2 Angels hiding and staying away from the new "pair" I had planned to get these fish a new home a few weeks ago but the guy wasn't able to take them for a few weeks so NOW we get some eggs. Maybe he will want a pair.

jimi242 05-10-2016 08:38 AM

Moved a fish

I took my mean as hell O.B. Peacock out of the 75gal and put him by himself in
a tank in my bedroom. He beat up two fish and killed a third.
He was the biggest and most dominant fish.
He had been in the living room for 2 years before he did this.

Carriwin 05-10-2016 01:01 PM

Last night I started setting up my 38 gallon with the white sand substrate. I scored an awesome deal on an additional 55 gallon tank with a heater and a filter rated for a 90 gallon tank. I'm excited. For simplicity, and decent cycling, I picked up my filter system for my 55 and put it on the 38, moving the new filter to the existing tank. Thus the ability for both filters to either cycle the new tank, or cycle in general. :D

I'm waiting a bit for the new filter to get some of the existing bacteria from the tank so when I change out the substrate, I won't have too many issues. I decided to go from the dark blue gravel to the pool filter sand in my existing tank, then rinse off the blue gravel and update the look for my convict fish. I have no idea what possessed me to do the huge switching through everyone, but, there it is. LOL My living room is rapidly becoming the fish room in the house. :D

If I was able to move the credenza my 55 is on, I'd line it all against one wall, that way there would be a fish tank wall... wouldn't work with my current furniture set up, and probably would disrupt the cats. ;)

Should be entertaining to say the least. I'm excited to see how everyone's doing when I make it home from work tonight. :fish2:

guppygourami 05-11-2016 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found my wigglers freely swimming! I think there are around 40-50 of them :DAttachment 286742

<g.m.t.a>

shellyx 05-11-2016 06:28 PM

Sadly had to euthanize one of my boraras today looks like TB, lost 5 since I got them 3wks ago, removed another 3 with same problems, probably have to put them to sleep as well. Think this tank is nothing but bad luck!
Everything fine in my elephant tank, keeping all aquarium buckets, net's etc separated so my big guy doesn't get anything.

shellyx 05-11-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guppygourami (Post 3360536)
Found my wigglers freely swimming! I think there are around 40-50 of them :DAttachment 286742

<g.m.t.a>

Cute!
Tried Pm you but your inbox is full.

guppygourami 05-11-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3360538)
Cute!
Tried Pm you but your inbox is full.

I noticed, cleared a bunch. Could you try now? So sorry for the inconvenience and your borara :(

<g.m.t.a>

MLHoenig 05-11-2016 10:28 PM

What did I do with my tank today?

1 Attachment(s)
Avoided it like the Plague!

:eek:

shellyx 05-12-2016 09:26 AM

Well I have another 5 sick looking fish, I'm at the point of closing this tank down if I lose them all. Absolutely devastated hunted all over the country for these guy's :(
Going to give them another pwc.
And isolate these 5.

Carriwin 05-12-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3360632)
Well I have another 5 sick looking fish, I'm at the point of closing this tank down if I lose them all. Absolutely devastated hunted all over the country for these guy's :(
Going to give them another pwc.
And isolate these 5.

Aww, Shelly that's awful. :( I'm sorry you've lost so many, especially when you worked so hard to get them.