Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

cbourg746 09-03-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I got some damage over here but all is well with my tanks. Tore out all te damaged Sheetrock already and started to install the new stuff.

clearancepuppy 09-04-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2101351)
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

I am sorry you're having to go through this.

Nu-Nu the eel 09-04-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

So sorry to hear this, if i could help i definitly would :/

clearancepuppy 09-05-2012 10:12 PM

Painted back of 150 a pale pale baby blue. Not sure if anyone else will like it, but I do.

Put the p. delhazi, gourami, and pleco in...they are exploring the new space and seem to like it.
Albino cory isn't thrilled but these are the tank mates he's used to.

29 FW just became a temporary home for 4 small
African brown knifes (knives? :D). And a silvery pictus cat.

Bearchumjs 09-06-2012 12:05 AM

I put the rest of my background on my 5 gal tank today. The big day was yesterday! My 5 gal pico reef is finally cycled so I bought 2 nassarius snails, 3 blue leg hermits, and an emerald crab!

I also got some co2 booster for my 55 gal planted community. I've dosed it 3 days in a row and my plants are more vibrant already!

I could stare at these tanks all day every day. I love them! Now I need one for my bedroom!

Alyxx 09-06-2012 05:13 PM

I'm at lowes right now getting an adapter so I can use my python! Power came back Tuesday afternoon, everyone is fine other than 4 out of 5 marbled crays. I think the remaining one is enjoying the 56 gallon, but I need to get my 5 gallon up again because that little girl has snipped a few fins already...

DoubleA 09-06-2012 05:21 PM

Cleaned the glass on my roommate's new 155g bowfront in the livingroom, and gave his and my plecos some fresh zuchini. Tried getting some better photos of my mystery cichlid with some success (camera can't seem to take a shot in proper focus). Up next: I need to get off my lazy butt (and the forum lol) and go remove 90-100 lbs. of lace rock from my cichlid tank so I can gravel vac and re-arrange the caves for the arrival of my 4 new electric yellows, joy! :D

Tetra1990 09-06-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleA
Cleaned the glass on my roommate's new 155g bowfront in the livingroom, and gave his and my plecos some fresh zuchini. Tried getting some better photos of my mystery cichlid with some success (camera can't seem to take a shot in proper focus). Up next: I need to get off my lazy butt (and the forum lol) and go remove 90-100 lbs. of lace rock from my cichlid tank so I can gravel vac and re-arrange the caves for the arrival of my 4 new electric yellows, joy! :D

155g bow front. I need to see this.

DoubleA 09-06-2012 07:01 PM

Crappy photo thanks to my phone :D
No fish in it yet, just the Pleco you can faintly make out perched vertically on the rock in the middle of the tank.

1/2 inch thick glass... this thing is freaking heavy! Had to rent a trailer to haul it and had a little trouble getting it into the house... lol!

Right after he saw the 46g bowfront cichlid tank I got for my B-Day... he went and bought this to start a cichlid tank to show me up or something :D Totally not a competition here, geez!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture42473.jpg

Alyxx 09-06-2012 07:07 PM

Just got my sink adapter set up for my water changer! Bad news, that thing ate up my hand when I was screwing it on. So, I'll do a water change when I'm sure I've stopped bleeding. Ow ow ow ow... I also picked up some frozen bloodworms to restart my frozen food collection. Lost it all in the power outage. I think I'm going to get a little plastic shoebox to organize all of it in the freezer this time around, too.

Edit: I'm doing my first ever python-assisted water change. This is wonderful. Vacuumed up some debris, and now I'm sitting on the couch watching the water drain from my tank. I haven't had a water change this easy since I started a siphon on my water hose and drained the tank out the door, but I had to start that siphon by mouth, which sucked, pun intended. Why, oh why, did I wait this long to get one of these things...

aaronjohn20 09-06-2012 11:50 PM

Fed all three tanks today. Also waiting on 2 mickey mouse moons to drop fry. Seems like its taking them forever

Soccerdude 09-06-2012 11:59 PM

I added some activated carbon to my 46g bow front and really dialed in my skimmer. Look forward to getting some Xenia this weekend from my lfs.

Alyxx 09-07-2012 12:59 AM

I went ahead and changed almost all of the water in both my 56 gal freshwater and my 30 gallon salt tank. After a week of no filtration, I'm sure they needed it! Well, I did a 50% on the fresh tank on Monday, so they were in less need, but I have a water changer now so I figured why not change most of the water. Haven't set my 5 gallon back up yet, though, seeing as the other two changes wiped me out on prime. I shouldn't have ran out so fast but I was adding it into the tanks to neutralize some of the toxins that were building up without filtration. I ordered a 500ml bottle today, though, so by tuesday I should be restocked. I would have bought a bottle at my LFS today earlier when I went in for bloodworms, but 1 I forgot and 2 they charge $8 for the tiny 50ml bottle, and I'm short on cash. Feels good to have my tanks clean and powered again, though, I was starting to panic. Maybe tomorrow I'll borrow some water conditioner from my neighbor to do the 5 gallon. I want that fin nipping crustacean AWAY from my longfin plecos!

bud29 09-07-2012 01:07 AM

I tested my water today and my tank is cycled:dance: Woohoo!

zanegary 09-07-2012 01:19 AM

50% water change.

pcdebb 09-07-2012 05:42 AM

I think my emerald green crab molted again, but I'm not sure. This shell wasn't as empty as before.

shellyx 09-07-2012 08:53 AM

Fed my big tank & my betta live brine shrimp, they love it :)

clearancepuppy 09-07-2012 04:56 PM

Added to the 150 FW the ten mystery snails bought from hcourts here on the forum...they are so cute! :D

Small African brown knife 4 pc set doing very well, settled into the 29 FW with their friend they came with, pictus cat, who is a nervous wreck ... :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish1:

spoonman 09-07-2012 06:00 PM

Does that mean that you have 4 knife fish in a 29 gallon?

Samzter 09-07-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearancepuppy
Added to the 150 FW the ten mystery snails bought from hcourts here on the forum...they are so cute! :D

Small African brown knife 4 pc set doing very well, settled into the 29 FW with their friend they came with, pictus cat, who is a nervous wreck ... :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish1:

They're gonna need massive tanks

clearancepuppy 09-07-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samzter (Post 2106798)
They're gonna need massive tanks

I am very aware of that.

There are plans for them when they get a little bigger. The largest is 4", and the rest are smaller. They are acclimating right now, and are quite happy.

spoonman 09-07-2012 06:21 PM

A 4" knife is too big for a 29, not to mention 4 of them. The pictus will more than likely beat himself to death in the 29 also. They are avid swimmers and will stress. Not a good situation.

clearancepuppy 09-07-2012 06:28 PM

Well, I came here to learn so what would you suppose I can do with the following (move some back to 29?):

150 FW
9" pleco
6" bichir
2" cory cat
6" gourami

I can also rehome them to the lfs...they are AWESOME to deal with.

Never planned to harm these beautiful creatures. I thought 29 was ok temporarily.

pcdebb 09-07-2012 07:14 PM

If its temporary I don't see it as such a danger. I'm sure they were in tighter conditions at the LFS.

bud29 09-07-2012 11:59 PM

clearance, could you move the knives to the 150?




As for me, today I did a 90% wc for my 30 gallon. I am getting fish tomorrow:dance:

Bearchumjs 09-08-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud29
clearance, could you move the knives to the 150?

As for me, today I did a 90% wc for my 30 gallon. I am getting fish tomorrow:dance:

Yay!! That's exciting!

Nu-Nu the eel 09-08-2012 01:57 AM

Did a 5 gallon water change on my tank and watched it for a bit. Everything looks great right now except for my frogspawn... Even though he is unhappy he is splitting again.... Lol

DoubleA 09-08-2012 03:13 AM

Bought my own master water test kit so I don't have to keep borrowing the roommate's. Tested my tanks, everything looks golden and where it should be! So I treated my 2 pleco's to some fresh watermelon rind, see if they like it :D

clearancepuppy 09-08-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud29 (Post 2107281)
clearance, could you move the knives to the 150?




As for me, today I did a 90% wc for my 30 gallon. I am getting fish tomorrow:dance:

Already did, along with the pictus. Small delhazi bichir now has a 29 gal bachelor pad of his own now.

shellyx 09-08-2012 11:37 AM

Bought a moonlight led for my tank so I can watch my elephant nose, had it in for 2 nights think I,m going to have too remove it everytime I put it on my pearl gourami stops what hes doing & goes into a trance & doesn't move till its switched off weird lol live brine shrimp for tea :)

DragonFish71 09-08-2012 12:48 PM

Spray painted the back of my new shrimp tank black, getting ready to go spray paint the backs of 2 5.5g tanks for some bettas.

Also working on my fire-bellied toad tank. Making sure the pond area is sealed.

aaronjohn20 09-08-2012 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Come home from work this morning and found little baby mickey mouse moons :-) Not sure if both females dropped fry or just one. Woke the wife up to tell her. As we were watching them I was worried that one of them would try and eat the fry so I put alil food in the tank. Well the orange moon was swimming along the bottom on the hunt it seemed. She would suck up some dead leaves from the plant then spit it out, suck up some flakes then spit it out. Well she obviously found what she was looking for cause she sucked up a fry and never spit it out :-( needless to say, both females went back into the community tank as of this morning. Went to the lfs today to just browse around. Checked out the tank that has the gbr's in it since I've bought one and was thinking bout another and found this

Attachment 117462

If anyone doesn't know what that means, it means "NO SALE"! The tank had ick. And that's just one of the reasons that I like my lfs. He won't sell anything if he knows there is something wrong with them. He also is very knowledgable and nice too

bud29 09-08-2012 05:13 PM

I got fish today.:D

I picked up 8 silvertip tetras, 1 baby BN pleco, and 1 unidentified shrimp. I also got a bottle of Seachem Flourish for when I get my plants, which should be in a few days. It is so nice to look at my tank and actually see fish in it!

UPDATE: The shrimp has been identified as an amano.

DoubleA 09-08-2012 05:21 PM

Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :P

DragonFish71 09-08-2012 08:52 PM

Found an awesome sale today. Got 12 Australian Rainbows for $.80 each and 3 pictus cats for $1.25 each. All safely stowed away in QT awaiting their new homes.

bud29 09-08-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFish71 (Post 2108311)
Found an awesome sale today. Got 12 Australian Rainbows for $.80 each and 3 pictus cats for $1.25 each. All safely stowed away in QT awaiting their new homes.

I saw some Australian Rainbows at the store today, and wanted to get some. Did some research, and there is no way I could have them.:(

DoubleA 09-08-2012 11:31 PM

Also cut out a section of the lid on my 20 Gal. Community tank to add a second filter.
Started making a list of needed materials and planning the swap from gravel to sand in my cichlid tank, and painting the back glass. Excited! :D

Except I'm not sure where to put my fish while the tank undergoes a facelift...

Alyxx 09-09-2012 02:22 AM

I fed the fish and mourned my lack of prime. I want to set up my 5 gallon again, but it needs nice new dechlorinates water, and the week without power ate up as much prime as I usually go through in a month or so since I was pouring double doses in all tanks every two or three days to help neutralize ammonia, and doing water changes to try to make up for no filtration. The massive water changes I did when the power came back used the last bit I had. But I have a massive bottle coming in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Terrance 09-09-2012 12:29 PM

Finally began the cycle for my 46g.

Did my weekly 50-60% water changes for the other 2 tanks.

Tetra1990 09-09-2012 08:06 PM

Normally don't feed on Sunday, but I had fresh cucumber. So I had to share. Hope my clown pleco and those dang mts like it.

bud29 09-09-2012 08:11 PM

Today I bought a large piece of black posterboard, cut it down to size, and taped it to the back of the tank to serve as a background. It looks awesome, and really shows off the silver on my Silvertip Tetras. And I saved about $7.50 by making it myself, and not buying a pre-made background.

Nu-Nu the eel 09-09-2012 08:14 PM

Today i bought a nice big colony of green and red mushrooms they look super cool! Then i bought some mysis shrimp and alk buffer

clearancepuppy 09-09-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleA
Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :P

You want to breed fish but you would put others down?

Andrew McFadden 09-09-2012 10:38 PM

I couldn't take it any longer so I'm putting in a water line and two spigots.

Jess1ca 09-10-2012 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Water changes tonight :) had a lil helper! I love when my kids take interest in the fish :D

Bearchumjs 09-10-2012 02:14 AM

Did a 2 gal pwc on the pico reef.

DoubleA 09-10-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearancepuppy (Post 2109791)
You want to breed fish but you would put others down?

I said I DIDN'T want to put them down, contrary to what had been suggested to me before. :nono:

I just don't want them in with the electric yellows.

pcdebb 09-10-2012 05:27 AM

observed that there are more guppy fry :brows:

clearancepuppy 09-10-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleA
Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :P
Well, that makes more sense, as the context of "what was suggested to me" was entirely left out. I read it as the act of "putting them down" was an option. As you were. :cool:

clearancepuppy 09-10-2012 10:26 AM

Water changes:

29 FW 50% (needed it)
150 FW 25%

Glad to report every fish is now settled in and happy.

Soaked driftwood added to 150.

Plant order placed.

bud29 09-10-2012 10:35 PM

Today I took ownership of my sister's 5 gallon betta tank. She had basically neglected it. I did an 80% water change. I will probably have to do large water changes like that for a few days in a row. There is tons of crap in there.

I did a very small water change for my 30 gallon. (I changed about 2.5 gallons) I really didn't need to change any water, my parameters were perfect and I had done a 90% wc two days ago, but the fish poop on the sand was bothering me.

I also placed an order for some plants and some more fish.

DoubleA 09-11-2012 03:18 AM

Tore down my tank, scrubbed off the few algae spots that were on it.
Painted the back of my tank black. Removed the gravel and replaced it with eggcrate and about 80-90 lbs. of pool filter sand. This included about a 90% water change.
So far my cichlids are LOVING the sand, dancing around and digging in it.
Not to mention the difference in all-around appearance is incredible! Makes the colors of the fish really pop! I'll post some pictures after I finish getting everything back together :D

pcdebb 09-11-2012 05:28 AM

Fished out the remains of a leporinus that I just bought yesterday for mom's 55. Somebody didn't like him. There's already two in there with silver dollar and balas.

Oops.

Alyxx 09-11-2012 07:15 AM

Cleaned out my 5 gallon and refilled it with clean water, then put my marbled crayfish back. I'm pissed at her right now, I think she ate my beautiful longfin albino Pleco during her stint in my 56 gallon. I'm hoping she's just hiding and will pop up again soon, but I've looked pretty much everywhere. She was pretty much the smallest, daintiest fish in the tank, so I'm sure she was fairly easy prey. Her tail was snipped off earlier in the week, and the cray had snipped a few fins in her week in the big tank. Ugh.

Tetra1990 09-11-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx
Cleaned out my 5 gallon and refilled it with clean water, then put my marbled crayfish back. I'm pissed at her right now, I think she ate my beautiful longfin albino Pleco during her stint in my 56 gallon. I'm hoping she's just hiding and will pop up again soon, but I've looked pretty much everywhere. She was pretty much the smallest, daintiest fish in the tank, so I'm sure she was fairly easy prey. Her tail was snipped off earlier in the week, and the cray had snipped a few fins in her week in the big tank. Ugh.

That is no good. Back to solitary confinement.

Convict2161 09-11-2012 09:45 AM

Water change in my 75 gallon African tank, 8 gallon SW and my BC29. Now I can relax.

clearancepuppy 09-12-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcdebb (Post 2111637)
Fished out the remains of a leporinus that I just bought yesterday for mom's 55. Somebody didn't like him. There's already two in there with silver dollar and balas.

Oops.

Ouch. I am sorry that happened. You just never know. :banghead:

Started a batch of brine shrimp.

Got the Aqua Planner app for iPhone, entered info from notebook. Very interesting how it graphs water test info.

Tetra1990 09-12-2012 03:57 PM

Pwc and gravel vaced the 10&29. haven't did a gravel vac in a few weeks, boy I forgot how smelly all that crud is. Also trimmed plants.

Rivercats 09-12-2012 05:58 PM

Same as every day, 10 gallon water change (220g tank), added ferts, tested water, tidied up plants, checked to see how the angelfish pair was doing with their eggs (day 2). New pair so kind of expect the eggs to be gone by morning. Then did the same on the other smaller tanks. But hate to admit, the big tank is my favorite so always gets that little extra bit of attention.

DragonFish71 09-12-2012 07:27 PM

Got my glass lids for new shrimp tank, Put some pieces of DW in our pond to soak. Working on my order for Eco-complete and a few other things. Got my titanium heater in today. Watched my new rainbows spawn (and the pictus eat the eggs) Counted 3 batches of bolivian ram eggs, 1 batch of GBR eggs, 1 batch of albino BN pleco eggs, 1 batch of angelfish eggs and 1 batch of firemouth eggs.

I'm going to be a grandma to the Nth power if they all hatch.

pcdebb 09-13-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearancepuppy

Ouch. I am sorry that happened. You just never know. :banghead:

Started a batch of brine shrimp.

Got the Aqua Planner app for iPhone, entered info from notebook. Very interesting how it graphs water test info.

Yea well we knew it was a risk. She still wants to try a few tiger barbs too....

I looooove aqua planner. I swear by it. And I'm ashamed to say I'm overdue with some things!

How easy is brine shrimp to do?

pcdebb 09-13-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFish71
Counted 3 batches of bolivian ram eggs, 1 batch of GBR eggs, 1 batch of albino BN pleco eggs, 1 batch of angelfish eggs and 1 batch of firemouth eggs.

I'm going to be a grandma to the Nth power if they all hatch.

OMG that's gonna be a lot of fry!

not-pro 09-13-2012 04:23 PM

I bought an aquaclear 30 gallon filter for my 5 gallon becuase it was the smallest aquaclear filter at the store I went to, and after setting it up was promptly surprised to find it was aerating more with less turbulence than a pump designed for my 5 gallon. Aquaclear for me here on out.

bud29 09-13-2012 09:49 PM

Today my fish order from severum mama came:D. In the order was 8 Emperor Tetras, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 BN pleco, several java ferns, a large portion of java moss, and a bit of narrow leaf anarchis. My tank is looking much better with the addition of plants. I then for the first time dosed some Seachem Flourish Excel.

However, one of my new Rams had a really dark coloration and wasn't eating:(. So, I did a 50% water change which basically negated that first dose of liquid ferts:facepalm:. The ram seems to be a bit better, but I think it will take a few more days and water changes to get him to 100%. I am not going to dose any more flourish until he is better.

George9 09-13-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud29
Today my fish order from severum mama came:D. In the order was 8 Emperor Tetras, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 BN pleco, several java ferns, a large portion of java moss, and a bit of narrow leaf anarchis. My tank is looking much better with the addition of plants. I then for the first time dosed some Seachem Flourish Excel.

However, one of my new Rams had a really dark coloration and wasn't eating:(. So, I did a 50% water change which basically negated that first dose of liquid ferts:facepalm:. The ram seems to be a bit better, but I think it will take a few more days and water changes to get him to 100%. I am not going to dose any more flourish until he is better.

Cool, my order from them came today too :)

Bearchumjs 09-14-2012 12:16 AM

I added a candy cane, some zoas, and a yellow clown goby!

Nu-Nu the eel 09-14-2012 12:17 AM

Bought a Green bubble tipped nem for 30 bucks

Bearchumjs 09-14-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Bought a Green bubble tipped nem for 30 bucks

And it's gorgeous! Got my candy cane and zoas and yellow clown goby for $16! I'm going to do a 1.5 gallon pwc tonight or tomorrow. Water level is low from all the acclimating!

Aqualady40 09-14-2012 02:42 AM

Today I bought a variety pack of blood worms, veggies, and shrimp @ LFS, then went to local nursery and purchased (3) 4" terra cotta pots & (1) 6" pot. I soaked the pots for at-least 2 or more hours then used a clean soft bristle brush to make sure I got as much impurities out/off before placing into tank. Once i placed them, my Tiger Barbs and yes my Electric Yellow Lab (have a 40g in process of becoming a African Cichlid tank all rushed to check their new furniture out..:-)...definitely was approved by them....my Gouramis seem to not care about it much--to busy messing around with each other.....Red-tail shark seem to not notice although I am pretty sure he did....Oh btw, yesterday I converted from years of gravel to first time sand substrate...so far I really love the natural look....

Aqualady40 09-14-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcdebb (Post 2099513)
I've been asking them folks and they claimed no time soon since they just had the sale!

If your in Tulsa, the sale ends 9/22/12...I got my 2nd tank which is a 40g

not-pro 09-14-2012 03:25 AM

I cleaned it right up, I reorganized the Decor to be a little bit nicer and improve visibility, since my new filter covers the entire hole in the back of the shroud I raised the water level back up... and I did some water tests.

Here's where it's at now. :)

LeChuck, 1080p Take 1 - YouTube

bud29 09-15-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not-pro (Post 2115851)
I cleaned it right up, I reorganized the Decor to be a little bit nicer and improve visibility, since my new filter covers the entire hole in the back of the shroud I raised the water level back up... and I did some water tests.

Here's where it's at now. :)

LeChuck, 1080p Take 1 - YouTube

Awesome betta.......but that skull creeps me out:eek:......

aaronjohn20 09-15-2012 04:20 PM

75% pwc on the community tank, Its been 2 weeks and is filling at this very moment. Gonna try and change as much water out of the oscar and albino acf's tank here in a minute. Also debateing on doing a pwc on the fry tank as its needs because of the nitrates but kinda scared to

not-pro 09-15-2012 08:43 PM

The skull is going bye bye, going to lunch now, when I get bvack I'm aquascaping a fluval spec. :)

Once it cycles, the betta and my 6 new ghost shirmp are transporting over to it. :D

Alyxx 09-15-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not-pro
The skull is going bye bye, going to lunch now, when I get bvack I'm aquascaping a fluval spec. :)

Once it cycles, the betta and my 6 new ghost shirmp are transporting over to it. :D

Aww, I liked the skull. He's a very pretty betta, though.

I'm doing a water change on my 56 gallon now. I love having a python.... Can drain the tank and watch tv at the same time once I get any debris vacuumed off the top of the sand. I'm changing about 70% of the water, as I'd rather do a large change if I'm going to have to add prime for the volume of the whole tank. Might as well, and it keeps my nitrates near nonexistent and my fish growing happy and healthy. I'm going to nuke some cucumber for them once I'm done, and then I can move on to the puffer tank.

not-pro 09-15-2012 09:26 PM

It's staying in that 5 gallon, I got another 5 galllon in the fluval spec. I LOVE this tank's look

Convict2161 09-15-2012 09:30 PM

Gonna put my son to sleep then do water changes on the 75g,29g and the 8g all the while I'll be enjoying some Free Bird,AC/DC,a little new rock, and probably some green day... Oh and a few Octoberfest beers ;)

clearancepuppy 09-16-2012 12:27 AM

Got a 1/2" albino cory free with 10 gal glass cover purchase. Moved snails into 29 FW (no plants planned) with bichir, as they thought there was an all you can eat salad bar when I put plants in.

Moved driftwood and rocks in 150 FW.

Water changes tomorrow for everyone.

And now Seth McFarland is on SNL woot!!!

pcdebb 09-16-2012 01:21 AM

Had to do a 15 gallon water change on mom's 55 tonite. Trying to clear up some cloudy water. We think its the freeze dried brine shrimp that she feeds in the tank. Gonna put them on flakes and get her frozen brine shrimp. The two silver dollars have spots on them so they are now in QT.

Got a sand sifting starfish for my 75 today. This is the coolest addition so far watching him move around then bury himself :)

kjacks 09-16-2012 01:44 AM

Bought a 55g on sale yesterday 50% off so i couldnt resist..did a pwc on my 10g w/ my betta ...researchin where i ant my tank how i want it decorted n what i want n it ...oh n gotta add new gravel to my 10g let my hubby n neice pick the color so i have glow in the dark gravel..hope my poor fish doesnt mind..lol

Terrance 09-16-2012 02:56 AM

Did my weekly 50-60% water change for my 120g and 20g puffer tanks.

46g mix reef tank is still cycling.

Gboy66 09-16-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrance
Did my weekly 50-60% water change for my 120g and 20g puffer tanks.

46g mix reef tank is still cycling.

Your doing a reef Terrance? Very cool!

I did a ton. Killed nudis, made up some PWC sw, adjusted/fixed corals, fixed my skimmer, fed the fish, and watched my new Nem with anger as it stayed in the back corner of the tank in the dark!! Lol. Pretty big day

Terrance 09-16-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gboy66 (Post 2118610)
Your doing a reef Terrance? Very cool!

I did a ton. Killed nudis, made up some PWC sw, adjusted/fixed corals, fixed my skimmer, fed the fish, and watched my new Nem with anger as it stayed in the back corner of the tank in the dark!! Lol. Pretty big day

lol you posted on my build thread last week.

Gboy66 09-16-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrance

lol you posted on my build thread last week.

....i stand corrected lol

Samzter 09-16-2012 11:08 AM

Today I did a 50% water change on a tank, found a few fry then started drawing up my planes for another 30-60 gallon tank.

Tetra1990 09-16-2012 02:21 PM

Added liquid ferts to the 29. I'm so confused by my Bolivian rams. A larger one and a smaller one, both of whom I can't figure out the sexes. One day they will be chasing each other, nothing aggressive, just giving each other the run around. Fins are out and everything. Then this morning they are acting all buddy buddy. Just chilling by each other.

pcdebb 09-16-2012 07:35 PM

got me a diamond goby for the 75 and he's working up a storm!!! he's kicking up some serious dust and it's confusing the clown i think lol

Oceangirl 09-16-2012 08:32 PM

did a 50% on 20 gallon
Started a 10 gallon! have 10 baby platys, used mature filter media! and filter squeezing of mature filter. though now that I have a good look I think I may have some cichild babies. And that won't do!
They are brown and look like little bass

xwesx1978 09-16-2012 11:25 PM

60% water change on the 55 , then redose ferts and excel , trimed up up the plants , the 75 % water change on the goldfish tank

msumpter87 09-17-2012 03:40 PM

I swapped out an old wooden stand for a rod iron stand on my 55 cichlid tank and set up my gf's 40 gallon tank and letting it cycle.

clearancepuppy 09-17-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcdebb
got me a diamond goby for the 75 and he's working up a storm!!! he's kicking up some serious dust and it's confusing the clown i think lol

My pleco has been digging trenches in the sand... she loves it in the new tank.

54seaweed 09-17-2012 10:57 PM

did water changes today 20% in my 30gal FW , 35% in my 20gal SW breeder , 25% in my 37gal SW along with cleaning inside glass in all of them ,still need to do a 20% in my 30gal brackish along with glass tomorrow its a full time job

Aqualady40 09-18-2012 01:47 AM

I did a 25% water change on my 55 gallon freshwater, occupants are 4 tiger barbs, 1 green tiger barb, 1 albino tiger barb, 1 redtail shark, 1 gold gourami, 1 blue gourami, 1 opaline gourami, and yes i also have a electric yellow lab residing temporarily till i finish building my 40g.....I finished putting a trimming on my glass top on 40g

DoubleA 09-18-2012 01:53 AM

Planted some more in my 20 gal. Tied some Java Moss to my driftwood, some Amazon swords and cabomba here and there... and finished attaching an airstone to a nifty crocodile skull (fake) I found at Wal-mart. (so the bubbles will come out of the nasal cavity) so that's gotta sit and dry/cure for a few days till it's ready to use.

Then I found a 55 on CL and went and picked it up. Found the extremely over-sized occupants a new and big enough home. New 55 is sitting out back waiting to be cleaned tomorrow (It looks and smells super nasty right now) :D

Also swapped out a new Tetra 30-60 Power Filter for one of the 150 Bio-Wheels I had in my 46 gal cichlid tank, along with a new Aqueon 200w heater for the old one I had in there

Jess1ca 09-18-2012 02:08 AM

Water changes on the 55 mixed Africans... Battling high NitrAtes... Again :/

not-pro 09-18-2012 03:21 AM

I checked levels on both of my new 5 gallon tanks. :) 7.8ph, 0a, 0ni, 0na on the betta tank, and on the gourami tank, 7.8ph, 0.25a, 0ni, 0na. :)

pcdebb 09-18-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearancepuppy

My pleco has been digging trenches in the sand... she loves it in the new tank.

Diamond (named now lol) has sort of settled. She worked her way all over the tank and now has a rock she has dug a burrow under. My substrate has never looked better tho!

aaronjohn20 09-18-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not-pro
I checked levels on both of my new 5 gallon tanks. :) 7.8ph, 0a, 0ni, 0na on the betta tank, and on the gourami tank, 7.8ph, 0.25a, 0ni, 0na. :)

Looks to me like someones tank isn't cycled :-(

not-pro 09-18-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjohn20 (Post 2121439)
Looks to me like someones tank isn't cycled :-(

No, but planted. :)

Samzter 09-18-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not-pro

No, but planted. :)

Yeah I have planted tank and my nitrates vary from 0-5ppm.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.