Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

D-Fish 02-25-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3558852)
Haha! They are mean, and territorial. And very prolific breeders. Soon you'll have hundreds, lol

If they sell that will be a good thing LOL

If not maybe I should buy that Oscar anyway. Might have plenty of snacks for him [emoji23]

Autumnsky 02-26-2021 01:55 AM

Yay D-Fish, goldfish finally coming!

Well, I still have the preschool fish tank. The ADF's are blind for sure one especially. Keep just trying to gobble up the other's feet. I may remove 2 of them and leave one.

Then they Dwarf Cray gets close and the ADF try to bite him, and he tries to pinch them! Bad combo? So far it doesn't seem there are any ADF with missing toes. And the Cray still has his claws. The ADF eat a lot! I guess I haven't had 3 together before. 2 are gaining girth and one is still thin, maybe the male.

[I think] I have decided to rehome the huge Yoyo Loaches. There are too many in that 80G. And I would love to keep the Clown Loaches more than the Yoyo Loaches. But they will probably need a new home too. They are so beautiful and funny to watch. Maybe just keep the small ones and grow them up and find the bigger ones a new home. Can't. Decide. For sure.

Lost the picked on Pearl Gourami (from the trio) I got from a hobbyist. His bite marks were just finally starting to heal. One spot was still looking bad. But the other odd thing is last week one of the other Pearl Gourami was beginning to look like a male, I now wonder if they were sparing over the one female??? The male looking one is now getting some fringe and orange color on the fin... :popcorn:

Water change on the PRL tank and the preschool tank. And the 30G Pearl Gourami Waterbox tank.

On a more pleasant note, I found 3 little tiny PRL/CRS Dwarf shrimp fry.

charliebankston 02-26-2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3558860)
Yay D-Fish, goldfish finally coming!

Well, I still have the preschool fish tank. The ADF's are blind for sure one especially. Keep just trying to gobble up the other's feet. I may remove 2 of them and leave one.

Then they Dwarf Cray gets close and the ADF try to bite him, and he tries to pinch them! Bad combo? So far it doesn't seem there are any ADF with missing toes. And the Cray still has his claws. The ADF eat a lot! I guess I haven't had 3 together before. 2 are gaining girth and one is still thin, maybe the male.

[I think] I have decided to rehome the huge Yoyo Loaches. There are too many in that 80G. And I would love to keep the Clown Loaches more than the Yoyo Loaches. But they will probably need a new home too. They are so beautiful and funny to watch. Maybe just keep the small ones and grow them up and find the bigger ones a new home. Can't. Decide. For sure.

Lost the picked on Pearl Gourami (from the trio) I got from a hobbyist. His bite marks were just finally starting to heal. One spot was still looking bad. But the other odd thing is last week one of the other Pearl Gourami was beginning to look like a male, I now wonder if they were sparing over the one female??? The male looking one is now getting some fringe and orange color on the fin... :popcorn:

Water change on the PRL tank and the preschool tank. And the 30G Pearl Gourami Waterbox tank.

On a more pleasant note, I found 3 little tiny PRL/CRS Dwarf shrimp fry.

Haha! I know it's not funny in a damaging sense, but reading it made me chuckle. The fact that the frogs try to eat each others feet....too odd sounding not to laugh

charliebankston 02-26-2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3558853)
If they sell that will be a good thing LOL

If not maybe I should buy that Oscar anyway. Might have plenty of snacks for him [emoji23]

I used to have a m and f con together. They spawned twice and I (don't tell PETA) gradually fed most of the fry to my other cichlid tanks. I wound up keeping a few, now I have 2 males in separate tanks and a 45g that's got about 6 females only in it. You really can't sell them because, due to availability on the market, Petco and Petsmart sell them for just a few bucks.

Autumnsky 02-27-2021 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3558866)
Haha! I know it's not funny in a damaging sense, but reading it made me chuckle. The fact that the frogs try to eat each others feet....too odd sounding not to laugh

They dog pile on each other when they smell the food, then feel something next to them and chomp! It was incredulous. They just kept doing it like a comedy act.

Today I found someone to rehome my Yoyo Loaches. A friend is coming to pick them up Wednesday for the person, because I do not have time to drop them off, and they had surgery and can't drive at the moment. But they will have a good home. :thumb: I just have to catch them Tuesday:eek: And the same person will be taking some Powder Orange Isopods for their friend! :thumb:

That will help with the bioload and I will be gone for 2 weeks and someone else will have to feed my fish for me.

Also need to off load that preschool tank.

And get the blue rimmed Betta into the wine glass tank.

Also move the shrimp to the living room where they can get fed more easily than being in the back room.

All water changes need to get done as well. Might do one this tonight and in tomorrow night on the big tanks and one next Friday. That should freshen up the tanks.

Looks like I need to take one day, maybe Tuesday and just do all tank stuff.

D-Fish 02-27-2021 12:35 AM

Well I got the goldfish. They are not what I was expecting unfortunately. Much lower quality than what I thought I was buying. I was sent "extras" though I don't really have the space for them.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet honestly. Feel a bit let down.

Autumnsky 02-27-2021 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3558933)
Well I got the goldfish. They are not what I was expecting unfortunately. Much lower quality than what I thought I was buying. I was sent "extras" though I don't really have the space for them.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet honestly. Feel a bit let down.

Very sorry that happened to you. That is the pits. :nono::nono::nono: I really hate the sell a picture of something and give you something else. I know that feeling of disappointment and not sure you even really want what you ended up with. Online purchasing can be a crap shoot, even when you think you are getting the wysiwyg or the pic saying from these are the group of fish you will get.

Maybe you can sell them off to recoup their cost and the extra and try again for something better.

D-Fish 02-27-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3558934)
Very sorry that happened to you. That is the pits. :nono::nono::nono: I really hate the sell a picture of something and give you something else. I know that feeling of disappointment and not sure you even really want what you ended up with. Online purchasing can be a crap shoot, even when you think you are getting the wysiwyg or the pic saying from these are the group of fish you will get.

Maybe you can sell them off to recoup their cost and the extra and try again for something better.

Maybe I know a pet store about an hour away I might be able to trade them in for some food or something.

I hate to sound that way but like you said sometimes you don't know what you are really getting.
I may a couple and sale/give away a couple.

I'll wait a few days before I make that choice though. I got 6 so I did get twice what I ordered for what that is worth...

charliebankston 02-27-2021 07:52 AM

Wow! Busy week. I thought I was always busy with aquarium stuff, but you have me beat. We maintain 1 aquarium each for 2 local restaurants. Both lost power and water during the freeze, one had 4 lamp eye tetras survive. The other lost whole stock; pleco, pictus, 2 different species of gourami, barbs and Molly's. Yesterday we cleaned both tanks and bought a few fish to start restocking

charliebankston 02-27-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3558935)
Maybe I know a pet store about an hour away I might be able to trade them in for some food or something.

I hate to sound that way but like you said sometimes you don't know what you are really getting.
I may a couple and sale/give away a couple.

I'll wait a few days before I make that choice though. I got 6 so I did get twice what I ordered for what that is worth...

Sorry about the quality. That stinks. I read alot of reviews about on line sellers. Lots of complaints like this about plant quality

D-Fish 02-27-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3558939)
Sorry about the quality. That stinks. I read alot of reviews about on line sellers. Lots of complaints like this about plant quality

I have bought tropicals from this seller before and was happy with what I got.
Goldfish have a lot more variation than most tropicals though so one neon or barb is pretty much like the next. I had ordered ryukin goldfish and what I got could have come from the cheap fantail tank at any big chain pet store. I paid easily 4 times what they are worth. The sizes where all over the place also.
I'm thinking I may keep 2-3 just because I bought them. But I will rehome some and look for what I want at one of the two big box stores I have near me.

I don't really have any smaller family owned shops close by except one. And honestly it's more of a marine shop than a freshwater store.

I got my corner pieces that I ordered to finish one of my custom tanks I'm building... But found out they won't work. They look like 90 corner pieces but in actuality they were equilateral triangle pieces. So I can't use them and just wasted the money on that acrylic.
I ended up just buying some of the weldon 16 and when it comes I'll used some of it and hope for the best.

Anyway trying not to let that get me down.

I really need to do water changes today or tomorrow. Working 7 days a week is causing me to get behind on my tank maintenance.

charliebankston 02-27-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3558964)
I have bought tropicals from this seller before and was happy with what I got.
Goldfish have a lot more variation than most tropicals though so one neon or barb is pretty much like the next. I had ordered ryukin goldfish and what I got could have come from the cheap fantail tank at any big chain pet store. I paid easily 4 times what they are worth. The sizes where all over the place also.
I'm thinking I may keep 2-3 just because I bought them. But I will rehome some and look for what I want at one of the two big box stores I have near me.

I don't really have any smaller family owned shops close by except one. And honestly it's more of a marine shop than a freshwater store.

I got my corner pieces that I ordered to finish one of my custom tanks I'm building... But found out they won't work. They look like 90 corner pieces but in actuality they were equilateral triangle pieces. So I can't use them and just wasted the money on that acrylic.
I ended up just buying some of the weldon 16 and when it comes I'll used some of it and hope for the best.

Anyway trying not to let that get me down.

I really need to do water changes today or tomorrow. Working 7 days a week is causing me to get behind on my tank maintenance.

Man. It's not been your week. Tomo you can start again!

D-Fish 02-27-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3558980)
Man. It's not been your week. Tomo you can start again!

I hope so. I have a date tomorrow evening so hopefully I have all my bad luck out if the way before I get to that lol.

----

So been watching the 125 (my nightly after work de-stress session)
I noticed that since a added in the little Angels the one big angel is just staying over to one side. I have seen no signs that the little guys are picking one him. They do at each other a little bit but no real damage. I think it's funny in a way. He seems afraid and he is 4 times the size of any of them lol.

charliebankston 02-27-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3559044)
I hope so. I have a date tomorrow evening so hopefully I have all my bad luck out if the way before I get to that lol.

----

So been watching the 125 (my nightly after work de-stress session)
I noticed that since a added in the little Angels the one big angel is just staying over to one side. I have seen no signs that the little guys are picking one him. They do at each other a little bit but no real damage. I think it's funny in a way. He seems afraid and he is 4 times the size of any of them lol.

Haha! That's funny about the angels. They are so quirky. My wife has 6 pretty big ones in a 105g, they crack me up. And they love to fight. They are more aggressive to each other than any of the other about 20 species of cichlid we have. And good luck on your date!

Autumnsky 02-28-2021 12:13 AM

That's a run of disappearing money and little satisfaction. Bummer.

Also, I am working 7 days a week just had one real day off this past month. Water changes are hard to do under these circumstances. Today I didn't get to do any water changes either. :(

Also, forgot to turn on the tanks lights in the living room before I left. Oopsy.

Got Glasgarten shrimp Fit yesterday. It is a very fine powder to coat things. It looks to be very heathy for them. Found another super nearly can't see it PRL fry, so I saw 4 so far! I think the other Glasgarten product for shrimp arrived, can't think which one it was, think its in the mail box.

Fed frozen Cyclops. Just swish in the water and the fish gobble them up. Also Mini Mysis for all the Loaches.

charliebankston 02-28-2021 04:10 AM

I want a frozen Cyclops!

charliebankston 02-28-2021 07:44 PM

We got 2 Bolivan Rams today, still small. They are in one of the qt tanks. Eventually making their new home in the 46g bow front that will be our first planted tank. Also got a Paradise fish for the cube to replace the betta that didn't make it thru the winter storm

D-Fish 02-28-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3559109)
We got 2 Bolivan Rams today, still small. They are in one of the qt tanks. Eventually making their new home in the 46g bow front that will be our first planted tank. Also got a Paradise fish for the cube to replace the betta that didn't make it thru the winter storm

The 46 gallon sounds like it'll be an interesting tank. I've never done the Bolivian rams. I've done the German blue Rams and the gold rims before but not with a whole lot of success.

Paradise fish. That's one I have not seen since Walmart stopped carrying fish. I always thought they were beautiful but never had a setup for them.

charliebankston 02-28-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3559127)
The 46 gallon sounds like it'll be an interesting tank. I've never done the Bavarian rams. I've done the German blue Rams and the gold rims before but not with a whole lot of success.

Paradise fish. That's one I have not seen since Walmart stopped carrying fish. I always thought they were beautiful but never had a setup for them.

Yeah, I haven't seen one before either. For a second at a distance I thought it was a kribensis. Hope the ram keeping isn't too hard. We have a 125g with discus, I haven't found them to be any harder than most fish, even tho you read lots of stuff about how hard they are to keep

D-Fish 02-28-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3559132)
Yeah, I haven't seen one before either. For a second at a distance I thought it was a kribensis. Hope the ram keeping isn't too hard. We have a 125g with discus, I haven't found them to be any harder than most fish, even tho you read lots of stuff about how hard they are to keep

I think my water is just too hard for them.

I hear the Bavarian Rams are much heartier than the Blue Rams also.

Autumnsky 03-01-2021 01:36 AM

CB - Sorry to hear about the Betta.

Cyclops and the Rotifers are from the SW lfs.

My friend shut down her tank and she gave me a large number of them which bred from a couple pair, and I was able to rehome /share some breeders. There are maybe a dozen now.

They are shy at first, but get more friendly and come towards the front for food and curiosity if you might have some food. They are lower level tank and will eat off the substrate.

Very easy with general lower than 7.5pH. Also depending if wild, locally bred or where they were bred. My pH varies some but around 7.

Everything I hear is the Bolivian Rams are much easier to keep and tolerant of varying parameters.

Just fed the fish.

charliebankston 03-01-2021 10:08 AM

Yeah, that's what I read too so that's why we opted for those over the more colorful Gbr

Autumnsky 03-03-2021 02:07 AM

Updated the thread for the 80G more info last post here
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ml#post3559306

Basically removed almost all the stuff in the tank to get the Yoyo Loaches out for their new home tomorrow.

Also moved some female Guppy / Endlers to the Pearl Gourami 30G Waterbox. And the Red Tail Shark too.

Made a big mess and then cleaned it up.

Did 40G water change on the 80G Congo /Clown Loach river tank.

Getting ready to be gone for 2 or 2+ weeks away for family stuff.

D-Fish 03-06-2021 03:05 PM

Water changes and feeding. The black veil angelfish are getting a little beat up but no to bad. I'm watching them close.

Also got the sealant for the custom acrylic tanks!! Took forever!!!

But hopefully I can get this project done this week.

D-Fish 03-06-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3559307)
Updated the thread for the 80G more info last post here

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ml#post3559306

Basically removed almost all the stuff in the tank to get the Yoyo Loaches out for their new home tomorrow.

Also moved some female Guppy / Endlers to the Pearl Gourami 30G Waterbox. And the Red Tail Shark too.

Made a big mess and then cleaned it up.

Did 40G water change on the 80G Congo /Clown Loach river tank.

Getting ready to be gone for 2 or 2+ weeks away for family stuff.

Good luck with the family stuff!

D-Fish 03-09-2021 12:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok the pics are not the best.
But I've got one tank in place.
I've got to cut and place in the back brace behind the tank. And then start working on the bottom tank. With any luck I'll have something before the end of the week. Attachment 320105Attachment 320106Attachment 320107

Arthur75 03-09-2021 02:54 AM

I'm busy modifying my lighting.
The high lamp box should be lower (10cm). The two fluorescent tubes (each 32 watts) are replaced by LED modules.
(20 pieces 24 watts). It gets more bright.
In summer these can be connected to the photovoltaic network.
The modules are 6500 Kelvin. Very white. Maybe I have to add red and blue.
First I see how it grows.
Interesting task!

charliebankston 03-09-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Fish (Post 3559745)
Ok the pics are not the best.
But I've got one tank in place.
I've got to cut and place in the back brace behind the tank. And then start working on the bottom tank. With any luck I'll have something before the end of the week. Attachment 320105Attachment 320106Attachment 320107

Looks awesome so far! Yall did a good job

charliebankston 03-09-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3559747)
I'm busy modifying my lighting.
The high lamp box should be lower (10cm). The two fluorescent tubes (each 32 watts) are replaced by LED modules.
(20 pieces 24 watts). It gets more bright.
In summer these can be connected to the photovoltaic network.
The modules are 6500 Kelvin. Very white. Maybe I have to add red and blue.
First I see how it grows.
Interesting task!

Big difference between fluoro and led lighting, huh?

Arthur75 03-10-2021 10:29 AM

https://i.ibb.co/1vVrt7B/DSC-1180.jpg

Many years ago it was a good solution with the two fluorescent tubes above both aquariums.
And the tub lamp waterproof (for garage).
But now there is better technology. LED. Less electricity, brighter light. Little warmth. Longer shelf life.

Now I have to change it.

D-Fish 03-10-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3559882)

Many years ago it was a good solution with the two fluorescent tubes above both aquariums.
But now there is better technology. LED. Less electricity, brighter light. Little warmth. Longer shelf life.

Now I have to change it.

I still have some of my t5 fluorescent tube lights. I can't bring myself get rid of them so they sit in a closet waiting for an emergency where they need to be used lol.

I really do like the LEDs but one thing I can say is that not all LED lights are created equal. I have some that I absolutely adore and some that I don't really like as much.

charliebankston 03-10-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3559882)

Now I have to change it.

Haha! Yeah, I ran fluoro for many years too. Led is hands down better, imo. Pretty tanks btw

Arthur75 03-11-2021 10:25 AM

I had tried different LEDs. But now I found a module, very bright (100 lumens), very low current (0.1 A) and low temperature.
12 volts.
20 such modules are brighter than my two tubes.
But it's very white. 6500 Kelvin. But there are also some modules in the colors blue and red. Maybe I have to add.
If my work is ready, I post some pics

charliebankston 03-11-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3559967)
I had tried different LEDs. But now I found a module, very bright (100 lumens), very low current (0.1 A) and low temperature.
12 volts.
20 such modules are brighter than my two tubes.
But it's very white. 6500 Kelvin. But there are also some modules in the colors blue and red. Maybe I have to add.
If my work is ready, I post some pics

OK great! Looking forward to seeing the completed project

Mr. Overfilter 03-11-2021 12:22 PM

So far I've checked all connections that would represent a disaster if they came loose. ordered some plastic plants and gravel, to make up for almost 10-years of loosing a bit here and there. I've saved the worst for last, trying to connect two WiFi devices that are now offline for some reason.

charliebankston 03-11-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter (Post 3559979)
So far I've checked all connections that would represent a disaster if they came loose. ordered some plastic plants and gravel, to make up for almost 10-years of loosing a bit here and there. I've saved the worst for last, trying to connect two WiFi devices that are now offline for some reason.

Haha! You always have heck getting those wifi things to work

Autumnsky 03-11-2021 03:49 PM

A rare moment of internet connection! Been away since Saturday and after 3 days, got a pic of a dead Congo Tetra. I don't know what's happening.

That is scary and frustrating not knowing what the heck is going on. But not coming back very soon, so will just have to pretend it doesn't exist and get back and fix the problems. :/. Probably will be moving this next month... who knows! Will plan a whole day of water changing upon unknown return date. Ahhhhhh, the uncertainty of so many things!!!!!

Mr. Overfilter 03-11-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3560006)
Haha! You always have heck getting those wifi things to work

:) I wish it were that simple, then it would be something I don't know yet. I only have issues like this with some IoT clients manufactured\coded\administered in a certain eastern giant.

charliebankston 03-11-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter (Post 3560012)
:) I wish it were that simple, then it would be something I don't know yet. I only have issues like this with some IoT clients manufactured\coded\administered in a certain eastern giant.

Haha! Chit

charliebankston 03-11-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3560008)
A rare moment of internet connection! Been away since Saturday and after 3 days, got a pic of a dead Congo Tetra. I don't know what's happening.

That is scary and frustrating not knowing what the heck is going on. But not coming back very soon, so will just have to pretend it doesn't exist and get back and fix the problems. :/. Probably will be moving this next month... who knows! Will plan a whole day of water changing upon unknown return date. Ahhhhhh, the uncertainty of so many things!!!!!

Oh heck, sorry to hear that. Nerve wracking

Mr. Overfilter 03-12-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3560014)
Haha! Chit

It's all my fault. I love gadgets, but they don't always love me back.

charliebankston 03-12-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter (Post 3560065)
It's all my fault. I love gadgets, but they don't always love me back.

Haha! It took me 2 years to learn all the functions on my TV remote

Mr. Overfilter 03-12-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3560094)

The "bit at a time" approach. I'm familiar! :)

Did I read that your largest freshwater is 250g?

Arthur75 03-16-2021 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3559972)
OK great! Looking forward to seeing the completed project

As promised. Here the new design. With LED.

https://i.ibb.co/3fycHwC/DSC-0396.jpg

charliebankston 03-16-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3560289)

Wow! Looks great! Very nice

Autumnsky 03-17-2021 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliebankston (Post 3560094)

On off, volume up and volume down, change channel.....:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3560289)

Beautiful!!! Good lighting color.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:banghead:

Returned from trip. :thumb: Yay but :nono: :banghead:

Not only was there a HUGE amount of snow dumped on our area, my fish and house plants have suffered, disasters everywhere, and the 80G was a beyond terrible.

Sick fish and pumps malfunction, I am not even sure what happened. One Congo Tetra looks like a bubble. Suffering from likely ammonia poisoning. So arrive home at 1AM and do emergency tank maintenance for 1 1/2 hours.

The back filter compartment of the 80G was nearly empty both heaters nearly completely bare / out of water. Sick fish. Missing fish. Guppies have many, shredded tails.

Did a 100G rotating water change on the 80G - out through the FX5 filter and in the top. Most of the fish in the tank seem so much better, and, basically not being poisoned by the water now. Added a large dose of Epsom Salt. I have hopefully still 6 Clown Loaches ( I have seen 5 for sure) so didn't want to add salt just yet.

There are more problems -

Anyone ever leave all their aquarium lights on for 10 days? Or probably mostly all of 10 days?!? 80G tank light was never on in the whole 10 days, only one.

Blue Rim Betta tank uses daylight with moss.

I did water changes on the 12G
the PRL 6.6G shrimp tank,

the Blue Rimmed Betta Spec V tank, also had a dead pump on one filter because it was low water and internal compartment was dry.

PWC on 30G Waterbox Gourami tank and

also the Wine glass.

And I did them lightning fast and its 3 am.

I hope things look better when I wake up. :hide:

Now I am a bit high strung due to the emotions of disbelief, terror, heart brokenness, anger, sadness and annoyance, so not exactly sleepy.

D-Fish 03-17-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3560338)
On off, volume up and volume down, change channel.....[emoji38]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not only was there a HUGE amount of snow dumped on our area, my fish and house plants have suffered, disasters everywhere, and the 80G was a beyond terrible.

Sick fish and pumps malfunction, I am not even sure what happened. One Congo Tetra looks like a bubble. Suffering from likely ammonia poisoning. So arrive home at 1AM and do emergency tank maintenance for 1 1/2 hours.

The back filter compartment of the 80G was nearly empty both heaters nearly completely bare / out of water. Sick fish. Missing fish. Guppies have many, shredded tails.

Did a 100G rotating water change on the 80G - out through the FX5 filter and in the top. Most of the fish in the tank seem so much better, and, basically not being poisoned by the water now. Added a large dose of Epsom Salt. I have hopefully still 6 Clown Loaches ( I have seen 5 for sure) so didn't want to add salt just yet.

Anyone ever leave all their aquarium lights on for 10 days? Or probably mostly all of 10 days?!? 80G tank light was never on in the whole 10 days, only one.

the Blue Rimmed Betta Spec V tank, also had a dead pump on one filter because it was low water and internal compartment was dry.

also the Wine glass.

Now I am a bit high strung due to the emotions of disbelief, terror, heart brokenness, anger, sadness and annoyance, so not exactly sleepy.

Oh God that's horrible [emoji20] I'm sorry everything blew up on you while you was gone. That's crazy.
I hope all the clown loaches are there and the fish heal up quickly.

Arthur75 03-19-2021 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3560338)
On off, volume up and volume down, change channel.....:lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also the Wine glass.

It is better when you are on vacation to leave the pumps and lights (with timer) switched on.
Feed is not so necessary.

Ziggy953 03-22-2021 07:07 PM

Fed the fish is all I did today. Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.

Arthur75 03-30-2021 02:30 AM

I've noticed juvenile fry in my 25 gallon from these fin suckers. sewellia-lineolata
https://i.ibb.co/tZ1jszq/DSC-0006.jpg

This is a jungle and is overcrowded with shrimp.
I cut down the plants and removed a lot of shrimp. When it has calmed down a bit, a picture can be taken again.

I will arrange a flow pump. There is more exercise and oxygen.

shellyx 03-31-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3561024)
I've noticed juvenile fry in my 25 gallon from these fin suckers. sewellia-lineolata
https://i.ibb.co/tZ1jszq/DSC-0006.jpg

This is a jungle and is overcrowded with shrimp.
I cut down the plants and removed a lot of shrimp. When it has calmed down a bit, a picture can be taken again.

Gorgeous fish! I've always wanted 1 of these for my micro rasbora tank, such cute guys :)

Autumnsky 04-01-2021 01:05 AM

Arthur, very wonderful news to have babies!
~~~~~~~~~

Moving, and it's crazy. Been working on the place forever.

Moved over the 6.6G PRL shrimp tank. Then decidedbto take down the OLD 12 Edge glass tank and put up the new glass tank I have had for about 11 months. BUT, upon observation, there are babies at least 5 very small Bee shrimp or PRL parent CRS. So I will not dump out tank contents to switch them to a new tank since I probably couldn't be sure to save the little guys. And I was waiting months and months dor babies since I got the bunches beginning in January 2020.

Going to sell the 80G Innovative Marine Lagoon tank. It's just not going to fit.

Will take the 72G and remove everything, so the movers can take it.

Then take the Cories and the Wadai Tetras and move them to the 30 G Waterbox. All the other fish can wait it out in the 80G before I put it up for sale. Move the stuff over and refill the 72G tank with the other fish.

Later will move the Clown Loaches over to the 72G. Not a perfect short term solution. But not the worst.

Will probably need to rehome a few fish. Also will move the SW tank to a different tank. Found a 35G low iron glass tank in a nearby town available
which I have "probably"
decided on. But if I find a proper SW tank and stand, I'll go for that, I have a week to decide.

Movers come this Saturday. I can move the other smaller tanks myself.

Arthur75 04-01-2021 11:46 AM

The little ones are shy. They hold on to the stones. (I have set a Turbelle).
Difficult to photograph. But it later still works.
If the A. ulvaceus completely withdraws into the tuber. Then is more light

Mr. Overfilter 04-02-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3561024)

Cool! Someone else knows the magic of flow pumps. :fish2:

D-Fish 04-03-2021 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The costom tanks have water!

Just testing now so no fish or decor.
Attachment 320427

Arthur75 04-06-2021 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter (Post 3561191)
Cool! Someone else knows the magic of flow pumps. :fish2:

Here the young fish.
https://i.ibb.co/ssmPtZz/DSC-0401.jpg https://i.ibb.co/RYqqQJJ/DSC-0403.jpg

Since I got the flow pump, the fish are all very lively. Also the Plecos. At first they always sat tucked away in the corners. Now they are operating at the front.
Fish that cling may need a current.

Caliban07 04-06-2021 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3561274)
Here the young fish.
https://i.ibb.co/ssmPtZz/DSC-0401.jpg https://i.ibb.co/RYqqQJJ/DSC-0403.jpg

Since I got the flow pump, the fish are all very lively. Also the Plecos. At first they always sat tucked away in the corners. Now they are operating at the front.
Fish that cling may need a current.

You are correct. Rheophiles need fast flowing current and come from waters with high dissolved oxygen quickly moving through their gills.

Mr. Overfilter 04-06-2021 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur75 (Post 3561274)
Since I got the flow pump, the fish are all very lively. Also the Plecos. At first they always sat tucked away in the corners. Now they are operating at the front. Fish that cling may need a current.

Excellent! I suspect that most fish need at least a bit of current. Another plus is having dead zones broken up is major. I've got a young BRC that loves "surfing" a bit too. What flow pump are you using, Arthur?

Mr. Overfilter 04-06-2021 03:29 PM

One last ? Arthur then I'll stop, have your noted a change in algae growth since you got a flow pump?

Arthur75 04-07-2021 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter (Post 3561296)
One last ? Arthur then I'll stop, have your noted a change in algae growth since you got a flow pump?

TUNZE Turbelle Nanostream 615.

I had no problems with algae before either. The vegetation is strong. I make sure all the nutrients are there.

Today, Wednesday, the pool was cleaned. It is noticeable that the water is clearer. There are fewer duckweed. The surface is free.

There is no more odor when vacuuming the gravel. The floor is probably also flowed through, so that there are no stagnant areas.

Autumnsky 04-07-2021 11:50 AM

Looks good D-fish an Arthur.

>>>>>>>>
I'm in the middle of moving. Moved the PRL tank 6.6G. Looked like no deaths, actually saw a teeny new shrimp fry. Going well

Preschool tank finally went to school.

5G spec V is just coasting and it will be posted for sale in a couple days.

30G Waterbox will maybe move today.

I have to play fish shuffle. And rehome some fish. :( not enough room ir time for maintenance.

Was considering using the 30G waterbox for a SW - I found an old HOB refugium I got used and never ended up using. Will need more research. Looking at maybe the a 36G bowfront for DH office, checking for a used one with a sleek stand used.

Sadder news day before on the ild glass 12G Edge 3 of the 4 remaining Chili Rasboras died in transit. The shrimp and babies are good, and the pair of remaining Pygmy Cories are okay too. Water is obviously a little different one town away.

Also thinking of culling the PRL tank and add the less quality overvto the 12G. There are ~25 shrimp in the PRL 6.6G cube and only 4 plus babies in the 12G.

I need the Waterbox tank or a new to me 36G Bowfront to get started moving the fish to the new place more easily.

Also last Saturday when the movers were taking the big furniture, my SWvtank was on a shared piwer strip and it was unplugged for about 24 hours. When I came back, I discovered the problem. Thankfully, although initially I could only see my Clown Goby, all fish were found to be alive by the end of that day. It was hugely distressing.

Autumnsky 04-13-2021 01:00 AM

Quick shout out for a new baby!!!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ml#post3561501

And I have sold one tank, Goodbye Innovative Marine SR-80 Congo Lazy River. The Congos are going to a friend of mine and the tank went to a newer SW fish keeper (FW too) who has got MTS and loves her new hobby.

So I will get to see pictures of it.

Spent all day getting the tank emptied and cleaned up.

Found a really great surprise in the back overflow compartment.

About 15 Cardinal Tetras. I had thought they had just died off but never saw the bodies. I feel so much better that they didn't just die! Moved them to the 72G.

Have a 20G long with the misc. bottom fish 6 Clown Loaches and a small to med. Spotted Raphael Cat and a Dwarf Petricola. The remaining fish of 4. Probably at least 5-6 years old, the others could have been around 8 as the other person had them for appx. 3-4 years.

Anyhow, since I sold my bigger tank I can buy a new smaller SW tank, transfer the fish to the new house and then sell off that tank! Yay!!! Been scouting for a used / new to me ~35G.

Back to finish moving now.

Autumnsky 04-16-2021 02:34 AM

Found a used SW tank. Arranged a meeting for Saturday morning. Won't yet discuss it, other than it's pretty awesome.

Did fish, tank switching. Got the Clown Loaches into the 72G.

Did pwc of 40-50% on all the tanks except SW and the 2 temporary tanks.

Trimmed some moss out of the Wine Glass tank.

Autumnsky 04-18-2021 04:20 AM

New to me SW tank

Did this today.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ml#post3561674

The tank is really pretty.

Last night sent the Rainbow shark to my friends at the lfs along with a gallon bag + of mosses and Subwassertang/Susswassertang. And 2 small parts for the lady who bought my big SW tank I was using for the Congos lazy river.

Moved the 30G Waterbox, separated the shrimp/plant ball type substrate from the super fine sand for an hour and in addition picked out as many MTS as possible probably had half of a cup of them.

Moved a few more FW fish, put the Betta in a 2G brandy snifter till tomorrow.

And will bring over some fish tomorrow to put in it.

I broke the HOB intake tube, but had a couple spare parts.

Today found that the hob filter on the SW remaining at the other house had overflowed the filter box because I added the filter floss pad on top and it clogged up some and oopsy, cleaned up mess

Slowly making progress!

Really needed this SW tank, but the projects are backed up. Need to move some planted containers, do not have room for all of them, so will keep 2 of the 5.

Bought some Azolla - tissue culture, and another one, can't think of the name at 2am.

And a got a female CPO, Orange Dwarf Crayfish, and some SW snails too.