Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

jmay33 02-26-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2359608)

organized lmao
you just don't see all the junk on the other side of the room

I used a piece of tank back ground black side out on the wall and tacked it over all the wires to hide them behind the tanks
but in reality I have more wires than I know what to do with lol there just all combined into 1 BIG pvc pipe painted black running along the floor to the outlets

Ha. I'll post a pic of MY fish room right now. A lot of rearranging Going on! Love the PVC idea! I'm going to give it a shot! Lol. I'll post a picture when I do it!

kjacks 02-26-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2359534)

that is why I have a dedicated fish room :D:D:thumb:
I'm still moving things around still need to move my feeder tank it blocks my hex tank and than find room for my frag tank and the sump is going in the basement once I finish building it, thinking of putting the feeder under the 40gb since theres nothing down there yet
my wife hates me cause I start another tank once I finish building one lol yes I'm addicted
guess I could just say it's my above ground man cave lol

Hubbys having a cow already n i only have 2 tanks running .. he did say when we move into a bigger house i can have 1 room for nothing but fish ;)

jmay33 02-26-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2359665)

Hubbys having a cow already n i only have 2 tanks running .. he did say when we move into a bigger house i can have 1 room for nothing but fish ;)

I'd say that's a pretty good deal. :)

kjacks 02-26-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2359717)

I'd say that's a pretty good deal. :)

Yeap now if i can get my house ill b good...lol

Convict2161 02-26-2013 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Water change, re scaped so things are different a little anyway for the new guys when they show up tomorrow my mail.

Attachment 155499

jmay33 02-26-2013 09:47 PM

Set up my 2.5 gallon pico reef to start cycling, set up a crawfish tank for cycling, water change in the planted tank, rearranged my fish room, and fed the critters in the 55 gallon reef.

Here's a pic of the pico. I'm excited for the sand to clear up so I can arrange some rock!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...8176f6faa3.jpg

Crawdaddy 02-26-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161 (Post 2360041)
Water change, re scaped so things are different a little anyway for the new guys when they show up tomorrow my mail.

You just can't help yourself can you;). Looks good.

Convict2161 02-26-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy (Post 2360161)
You just can't help yourself can you;). Looks good.

Nope!! :D thanks!!

kwandrsn 02-27-2013 01:20 PM

Added 9 frags to my tank
Pulsating xenia
Cabbage leather
Devils hand leather
Kenya tree
4 head polythoas
1 head blastomussa
1 polyp dragons eye polyp
2 head neon green candy cane
Birdsnest coral

All for $55

https://s14.directupload.net/images/130227/wytlyh92.jpg

bigbanker 02-27-2013 01:43 PM

Nice!!! How??

kwandrsn 02-27-2013 01:48 PM

Meet a guy on reef2reef
Had to drive a hour and a half to get them though
the closest reef club
Middle Tennessee Reef Club
uses r2r for their forum and they guy I met is a mtrc member
I posted a thread on their site asking if anyone in my area has coral for sale and he replied
He also sold me a new 65watt coralife 10k pc bulb for $10

https://s1.directupload.net/images/130227/wb47jn3e.jpg
https://s7.directupload.net/images/130227/slsxkdlg.jpg

Bearchumjs 02-27-2013 02:48 PM

Last night I had to take apart my emporer 400. Everything was going fine and then suddenly *LOUD NOISES!* like grinding and not good stuff going on. Took it out and cleaned the whole thing. I found 2 MTS in there. I think one had gotten into the impeller. All is good now though. I was afraid something had gone terribly wrong and that I'd have to buy a new one. :hide:

Athaocity 02-27-2013 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
building a hang on pot for plants to my one gallon fish bowl project.

Attachment 155668

Tetra1990 02-27-2013 06:02 PM

Water change on the 29, also pulled out more mts. Discovered my first baby Amazon sword this morning too!!!

rider6 02-27-2013 06:16 PM

Plotting my new aquascape and deciding on what I should add plant wise...since I'm parked at a weigh station waiting for my company to pull it from where the sun don't shine.....

54seaweed 02-27-2013 06:19 PM

30% wc
in all my tanks
5 in all salt,fresh,brackish

jmay33 02-27-2013 06:22 PM

Tested parameters in the 2.5 gallon pico reef that I set up yesterday.
Ammonia .25 ppm
Nitrite .25 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm

Already time for a water change? Weird levels, I think. I did take everything out of my 10 gallon nano, including half of the water.

EDIT:
I forgot to add, parameters of the water from my other tank were ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10.

kjacks 02-27-2013 10:35 PM

Went to pick up my 100g tank today got there n the man had a 55g sittin outside.. soo needless to say im back to the drawing board n lookin anywhere within a 4hr drive for a reasonably or cheap price on a 6ft tank... i was sooooooooo disappointed

Autumnsky 02-27-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161 (Post 2360041)

Attachment 155499

Wow, that looks amazing!

Found out my OEBT will be shipped Monday. I am irritated they didn't get shipped yesterday. They ship Monday and Tuesday like most places. They were paid for last Thursday night, there is no reason, and no reason given why they didn't ship this week. Of course I wouldn't have wanted them shipped Wednesday but I am very annoyed. They better be good, not crappy.

Was at the lfs and found two Blue Rams, I think I have one female and one male for $6.50 each. I hope they like each other! lol The ones I really liked at the other lfs were $15 each, couldn't get them, as they are really hybrid I was concerned in caring for them, I will practice keeping these guys good first. Sky to powder blue body with reddish orange and yellow splotch, a mixed type between Blue and golden Ram, I think. Was so in awe of them, can't remember the name.

Since there are several days until the OEBT come, I will clean my shrimp tank, I already moved some shrimp, but in the Edge, it is near impossible with the small top and crazy cube corners. I have their Edge net, doesn't work that well, made my own by twisting and contorting into as best I can get to the corners, still an inch off it seems.

Bearchumjs 02-27-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2361853)
Went to pick up my 100g tank today got there n the man had a 55g sittin outside.. soo needless to say im back to the drawing board n lookin anywhere within a 4hr drive for a reasonably or cheap price on a 6ft tank... i was sooooooooo disappointed

Oh no!! That's awful! I went to get a 90 gallon once and it turned out to be a 55... I was so mad! I can't figure out how people don't know how to measure something right.

kjacks 02-28-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2361907)

Oh no!! That's awful! I went to get a 90 gallon once and it turned out to be a 55... I was so mad! I can't figure out how people don't know how to measure something right.

I think that they lied to me on purpose bc the man n woman both had different stories .. he kept tryin to tell me it was a 100g then he said he didnt know when i asked him to measure it which i knew it was a 55g.. then he sat there n told me n the hubby he bought 2 55gs like that one for his oscars he had .. i hate liars. The woman even told me today she was draining the tank so it would be ready for me today the man said he had it sitting cleaned up in the shed.. what gives ..

Autumnsky 02-28-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2361090)
Meet a guy on reef2reef
Had to drive a hour and a half to get them though
the closest reef club
Middle Tennessee Reef Club
uses r2r for their forum and they guy I met is a mtrc member
I posted a thread on their site asking if anyone in my area has coral for sale and he replied
He also sold me a new 65watt coralife 10k pc bulb for $10

https://s1.directupload.net/images/130227/wb47jn3e.jpg
https://s7.directupload.net/images/130227/slsxkdlg.jpg

They look nice! good deal!!!

kwandrsn 02-28-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2362055)

They look nice! good deal!!!

Thank you

shellyx 02-28-2013 02:54 PM

50% clean on my elephant nose tank and added some sand, so it's half sand and half gravel. Now want it all sand! Does anyone know if i could remove the rest of the gravel and put in sand in a couple of days without issues?

Bearchumjs 02-28-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362562)
50% clean on my elephant nose tank and added some sand, so it's half sand and half gravel. Now want it all sand! Does anyone know if i could remove the rest of the gravel and put in sand in a couple of days without issues?

I think if you remove all the gravel and add sand you will probably need to do a really big pwc afterwards so you don't get a nitrate spike.

Can we see a pic of the tank? :)

shellyx 02-28-2013 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2362642)

I think if you remove all the gravel and add sand you will probably need to do a really big pwc afterwards so you don't get a nitrate spike.

Can we see a pic of the tank? :)

Thanks, it looks better with the sand lol i was only going to have half and half but the sand wind! So how would you change it? Here's a pic its still a bit cloudy

Attachment 155952

Attachment 155953

New2me 02-28-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362664)

Thanks, it looks better with the sand lol i was only going to have half and half but the sand wind! So how would you change it? Here's a pic its still a bit cloudy

I love the look of the light and dark sides!!! Great job :-)

shellyx 02-28-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2me (Post 2362696)

I love the look of the light and dark sides!!! Great job :-)

Thank you! Going to have it all sand really like it:)

54seaweed 02-28-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362701)
Thank you! Going to have it all sand really like it:)

started scaping in 40b now i'm waiting for delivery of the balance of my rock
i'll get pict up later

shellyx 02-28-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2362716)

started scaping in 40b now i'm waiting for delivery of the balance of my rock
i'll get pict up later

Cool! Cant wait to see :)

Autumnsky 02-28-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362664)

Attachment 155952

Attachment 155953

Looking beautiful!

By any chance do you like the way it looks mixed? You could see if you like it and add some river pebbles which have both the deep dark colors and the lighter sand colors....

Cleaned the sand in the 6.6G Edge, and rescaped.

Removed appx. 135 cherry shrimp mostly blue and Bronze, some tan and red were in there too, between last night and today. There were at least three brand new shrimplet drops, a so tiny could almost not see them, whitish, a blue and a tan group, then a little bigger but pretty new Blue and bright red.

There were babies everywhere.

Getting ready for my Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp which will be coming next Wednesday. Putting in two little guppies to keep the ammonia going for the BB. Until they arrive. There are three of the Brigittae Rasbora, but they are soooo delicate. I stressed them out just moving them today, and one looks like he's not doing so well.

Added 5 pounds of (same black) sand to my 6.6G Edge. Weird though that what I bought a year ago was coarse and what I got today was definitely more fine in texture. Oh well mixed them together. Added the new driftwood and all the same rocks back in and some plants but it was a little jungle so I trimmed and edited the plants.

Added two Anubias, and one other plant, I am not totally sure about if it is a little Crypt or something else. What ever it really is ...(blasted "assorted potted plant" tags) it looked perfect for what I wanted next to a rock.

Bought two Marble hatchets (that's all they had today, $2.99 each) for the 37G.

And got 6 or 7 Rainbow Platy. ($1.00 each sale)

shellyx 02-28-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2362727)

Looking beautiful!

By any chance do you like the way it looks mixed? You could see if you like it and add some river pebbles which have both the deep dark colors and the lighter sand colors....

Cleaned the sand in the 6.6G Edge, and rescaped.

Removed appx. 135 cherry shrimp mostly blue and Bronze, some tan and red were in there too, between last night and today. There were at least three brand new shrimplet drops, a so tiny could almost not see them, whitish, a blue and a tan group, then a little bigger but pretty new Blue and bright red.

There were babies everywhere.

Getting ready for my Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp which will be coming next Wednesday. Putting in two little guppies to keep the ammonia going for the BB. Until they arrive. There are three of the Brigittae Rasbora, but they are soooo delicate. I stressed them out just moving them today, and one looks like he's not doing so well.

Added 5 pounds of (same black) sand to my 6.6G Edge. Weird though that what I bought a year ago was coarse and what I got today was definitely more fine in texture. Oh well mixed them together. Added the new driftwood and all the same rocks back in and some plants but it was a little jungle so I trimmed and edited the plants.

Added two Anubias, and one other plant, I am not totally sure about if it is a little Crypt or something else. What ever it really is ...(blasted "assorted potted plant" tags) it looked perfect for what I wanted next to a rock.

Bought two Marble hatchets (that's all they had today, $2.99 each) for the 37G.

And got 6 or 7 Rainbow Platy. ($1.00 each sale)

Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back :(

New2me 02-28-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362741)

Thank you! Definitely want all sand think the fish would like it better. How would you go changing the rest of the gravel? Was going to do it in a couple of days and do a big pwc. Had to take my babies back :(

What??? They not eating? Sorry to hear that :-(

shellyx 02-28-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2me (Post 2362785)

What??? They not eating? Sorry to hear that :-(

My big guy went on the war path yesterday wouldn't let them eat, they were getting stressed out and so was he. Had to do the right thing for them all, mine has settled down now. Im devastated can't believe my luck :(

Bearchumjs 02-28-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Sorry you had to take the babies back. :(

To get rid of the gravel I'd just remove some water, put all the plants in the water you removed, then start scooping out the gravel into a garbage bag or bucket. Then do a big water change when you're all done putting the plants and sand in.

This is how I would do it. I'm not sure if it's the best way, but I think as long as you do a big pwc and maybe a 50% pwc the following day then it should be just fine.

New2me 02-28-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362790)

My big guy went on the war path yesterday wouldn't let them eat, they were getting stressed out and so was he. Had to do the right thing for them all, mine has settled down now. Im devastated can't believe my luck :(

Good on you. Shame tho :-/

shellyx 02-28-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2362797)

Sorry you had to take the babies back. :(

To get rid of the gravel I'd just remove some water, put all the plants in the water you removed, then start scooping out the gravel into a garbage bag or bucket. Then do a big water change when you're all done putting the plants and sand in.

This is how I would do it. I'm not sure if it's the best way, but I think as long as you do a big pwc and maybe a 50% pwc the following day then it should be just fine.

Thank you for your help :)

cbourg746 02-28-2013 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added 3 geophagus altifrons Sao Felix that I ordered. :)

shellyx 02-28-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2362882)
Added 3 geophagus altifrons Sao Felix that I ordered. :)

Beautiful looking fish :)

Convict2161 02-28-2013 07:30 PM

Just cleaned out my 2 AC110's and did a small water change out of pure boredom.

cbourg746 02-28-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2362903)

Beautiful looking fish :)

Thanks!

kjacks 02-28-2013 08:48 PM

Well.. today was long .. i worked my butt off tryin to negotiate prices on several tanks.. well it was a no go on alot of them but i had 1 person that didnt go down on the price but they are throwing in a up grade to t5 lights some driftwood some unused sand substrate from a lfs , fish food , mayb some rocks too plus they just was gonna paint the stand so i get them to stain it whatever color i want .. so im gettin my 100g 6ft tank saturday... cant wait ..

Tryin to talk the hubby into lettin my keep the 55g up n running i wanna add rams n angels to it .. so far he said no .. but he agreed to let me add alot more fish to my new tank as long as he gets to pick 1 out.. which he wants a bumble bee ... lol All n all not a bad day. :)

Bubbles0oO 02-28-2013 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not quite with my tank but rather with my tools:)this is my closet)

Attachment 156013

I added hooks to hold my nets/ pruner/ algae scrubbers

54seaweed 02-28-2013 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
still a little cloudy 65# rock

what you think of scape:lol:

I know I need a few more pounds rock

the build link is below my signature

Bearchumjs 02-28-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2363188)

Love it!!!

54seaweed 02-28-2013 11:55 PM

thanks bear
can't wait for it to cycle

Ella_e 03-01-2013 12:16 AM

A week ago I received a Wet/Dry Filter for my tank(yay!) - but it started making "the flushing noise", so today I solved that problem by moving the filter to a different position under the tank!
I can finally sleep tonight without my head stuck between two pillows!
Now if only I can figure out the "moonlight LEDs always on" problem...then sleeping in the bedroom would be possible again!
Biggest lesson I ever learnt: No matter how great of an idea it seems - never put a tank in your bedroom across from your bed (even if it is the first thing you see every morning)

Everyone's day is so much more productive than mine! All I did was try to ensure that I could sleep!

rider6 03-01-2013 12:41 AM

Went to lfs for a few plants, walked out with a ghost shrimp (with eggs) to try in my betta tank, 2 fancy angels (one koi'ish and one black vail style)
And possiably struck a deal for an biocube 29, as well as an 10 gal to upgrade our betta from his 2.5...

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 12:47 AM

Sewed a piece of cabbage leather to a rock. moved a few other frags around still have several on my rack to get placed. Done a pwc on the saltwater tank.
Cleaned salt creep off light and hob

Joined my local reef club

Then stared at the tank most of the say lol

54seaweed 03-01-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Then stared at the tank most of the day
I do that every day

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 12:53 AM

I've found I watch my tank more than my TV lol

jmay33 03-01-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2363457)

You're not the only one. Lol.

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 01:10 AM

I'm glad. I was thinking something was wrong with me lol

shellyx 03-01-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2363188)

Looks great!

Autumnsky 03-01-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Soooo sorry to hear about the babies. I guess your big one wants to be an only child.

The earlier recommendation for scooping out the gravel should work. I had kept guppy fry in my little tank and the sand was pretty dirty. It would likely have been an awful amount of Nitrates to kick up.

I would take half or more of the clean top water and save it in a big plastic tub or buckets with fish, throw on the heater and air to the bucket and remove all the stuff, plants, wood and rocks, to another bucket as to keep the fish safe and scoop and rinse with treated water of course add rinsed sand.

Add most your old water to the tank, scape, then add the fish, and add the new water gradually over a couple hours if there is a pH difference from old to new, other wise just the same temp for the new treated water and wow, sand and a new scape!!!

Glad I redid mine, I was a little scared to tear it down and do it over. For my tanks I will be doing this to the rest of the tanks as I move them in the next couple weeks. Moving the 16G and the Edge tomorrow and or Sunday.

Hope your change over goes well!!! :popcorn:

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 08:18 AM

Just thought of something our snails may be here today in the mail... Snail mail... Ha ha, I'm so stupid lol

jmay33 03-01-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2363671)
Just thought of something our snails may be here today in the mail... Snail mail... Ha ha, I'm so stupid lol

Lol. Not stupid. I thought it was funny.

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 08:28 AM

I was posting another thread and said I know how snail mail can be and thought wait... It literally is snail mail lol

kjacks 03-01-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2363457)

Me too... it gets me n trouble though bc the hubby has to rewind our shows bc i miss alot of em.. lol

Angel_fish 03-01-2013 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The water is still a bit hazy from digging up the sub-straight, but i added this vine plant from an old lizard terrarium. I thought future fish may find it a heaven for breading, that and i like the color of it.

shellyx 03-01-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_fish (Post 2363734)
The water is still a bit hazy from digging up the sub-straight, but i added this vine plant from an old lizard terrarium. I thought future fish may find it a heaven for breading, that and i like the color of it.

Looks good!

shellyx 03-01-2013 10:38 AM

50% clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. Algae scrub too :)

rider6 03-01-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_fish (Post 2363734)

Do you have a name on that plant....I kinda like it and have an idea for my tank...

Angel_fish 03-01-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider6 (Post 2363944)

Do you have a name on that plant....I kinda like it and have an idea for my tank...

I can do better then that:
Hagen Exo Terra Plastic Terrarium Plant, Large, Manda... https://amzn.com/B0002AR5F6

Its really a vine i just buried it side ways in the gravel... It does hang down if u put it on the side of the tank... Deff worth 10$

Oohitsae 03-01-2013 01:55 PM

Did a huge w/c on my fry tank. Fed a few too many microworms for breakfast! OOPS!
Replanted some floaters in the 26.

Waiting on the darn mail to come so I can get my newest plant package into a QT.

Gotta go take the dogs to the vet soon so hopefully it comes fast!

Bearchumjs 03-01-2013 01:56 PM

Did a 10%pwc on my 10 gal nano reef, scrubbed the little bit of algae off of the front glass of my 55 gal gal freshwater tank. All is well. :)

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 05:52 PM

Added snails to my saltwater tank I ordered them from reef cleaners
I ordered 24 dwarf ceriths
10 nassarius
10 Florida ceriths
10 nerites
15 empty hermit shells

Here is what I got
Over 300 dwarf ceriths
15 nassarius
11 Florida ceriths
11 nerites
18 live hermits

They messed the order up a little lol
I emailed the company this is what they said lol

"Glad to hear it! The hermits shells come with some disassembling required, you should have read the fine print.

Just kidding of course. Sorry about that mistake there Kevin!"

lmfao

Bearchumjs 03-01-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2364300)
Added snails to my saltwater tank I ordered them from reef cleaners
I ordered 24 dwarf ceriths
10 nassarius
10 Florida ceriths
10 nerites
15 empty hermit shells

Here is what I got
Over 300 dwarf ceriths
15 nassarius
11 Florida ceriths
11 nerites
18 live hermits

They messed the order up a little lol
I emailed the company this is what they said lol

"Glad to hear it! The hermits shells come with some disassembling required, you should have read the fine print.

Just kidding of course. Sorry about that mistake there Kevin!"

lmfao

LOL! That's awesome! What will you do with all those cerith snails??

kwandrsn 03-01-2013 06:51 PM

I'm splitting them with apet66 lol
But not bad for $30. The hermits are worth more than that

Autumnsky 03-01-2013 08:27 PM

1/3 pwc on 6.6G Edge after tearing it apart yesterday.

I like the layout but it is a little cloudy and brown from new driftwood, only been soaking for a week, in the other tank.

My 2 new marble Hatchet fish are looking great, and well colored and happy.

But that is more than I can say for my Blue Rams - found one body the snails were snacking on and as the 32G QT is the same which is holding a ton of extra plants, like a little jungle in there half the tank is full of plants just hanging out waiting for someplace to go and didn't see the other one, had two... :( So maybe alive, maybe dead, but probably dead too.

The Rainbow Blue Platies are all roving around looking active and happy. The blue rams seemed super stressed. They came in the day before I got them. They are guaranteed, so I froze the dead one until I can look for the other one too, they weren't really cheap, but not bad, not going to replace them, going to wait and consider getting the nicer Hybrid kind I liked from the other lfs later. I don't usually lose many fish. It is sad. They were alive last night around midnight. Maybe those active Blue Rainbow Platys freaked them out to the breaking point. edit - yup found the other one, dead :(

My master test kit is at my new house, QT at the old one so I am going to do a big pwc in a minute. And test it later.

bigbanker 03-01-2013 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New snail

Attachment 156320

bobofishman 03-02-2013 02:31 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 156361

Moved 25 fishys to their new 90 gal .. I got supper happy fish

Attachment 156369

Attachment 156368

Attachment 156367

Attachment 156366

Attachment 156369

shellyx 03-02-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2364520)

I like the layout but it is a little cloudy and brown from new driftwood, only been soaking for a week, in the other tank.

But that is more than I can say for my Blue Rams - found one body the snails were snacking on and as the 32G QT is the same which is holding a ton of extra plants, like a little jungle in there half the tank is full of plants just hanging out waiting for someplace to go and didn't see the other one, had two... :( So maybe alive, maybe dead, but probably dead too.

The Rainbow Blue Platies are all roving around looking active and happy. The blue rams seemed super stressed. They came in the day before I got them. They are guaranteed, so I froze the dead one until I can look for the other one too, they weren't really cheap, but not bad, not going to replace them, going to wait and consider getting the nicer Hybrid kind I liked from the other lfs later. I don't usually lose many fish. It is sad. They were alive last night around midnight. Maybe those active Blue Rainbow Platys freaked them out to the breaking point. edit - yup found the other one, dead :(

My master test kit is at my new house, QT at the old one so I am going to do a big pwc in a minute. And test it later.

Sorry about your rams :( hate losing fish. I didn't have much luck with mine when i had them, beautiful looking fish though.

shellyx 03-02-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbanker (Post 2364807)
New snail

Nice nerite:)

shellyx 03-02-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobofishman (Post 2365021)

Your fish are beautiful!

New2me 03-02-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2365077)

Nice nerite:)

Is that what that is? My lfs said they were 'zebra snails' when I asked about them?? They look cool...any good for algae etc? thanks

shellyx 03-02-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2me (Post 2365083)

Is that what that is? My lfs said they were 'zebra snails' when I asked about them?? They look cool...any good for algae etc? thanks

They are zebra nerites, i have 3 and 2 candy ones. Brilliant for algae they never stop cleaning lol

New2me 03-02-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2365084)

They are zebra nerites, i have 3 and 2 candy ones. Brilliant for algae they never stop cleaning lol

Excellent thank u! Just googles them...do u do anything to provide extra calcium for their shells?? Thanks again for info

Just done 50% water change on 5G puffer tank and 16G tetra and cory's tank! Always feel good once water change done :-)

shellyx 03-02-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2me (Post 2365107)

Excellent thank u! Just googles them...do u do anything to provide extra calcium for their shells?? Thanks again for info

Just done 50% water change on 5G puffer tank and 16G tetra and cory's tank! Always feel good once water change done :-)

I feed mine blanched kale, spinach and cucumber. And put a piece of cuttlebone half into the substrate leaving a piece hanging out my snail's nibble on it. How's your puffer?

New2me 03-02-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2365111)

I feed mine blanched kale, spinach and cucumber. And put a piece of cuttlebone half into the substrate leaving a piece hanging out my snail's nibble on it. How's your puffer?

He looks good, more active now (not sure if u read about awful incident, almost lost him down bath plug whilst doing water change!!) won't eat tho?!? V stressful :-( good info re cuttlebone, thanks

shellyx 03-02-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2me (Post 2365117)

He looks good, more active now (not sure if u read about awful incident, almost lost him down bath plug whilst doing water change!!) won't eat tho?!? V stressful :-( good info re cuttlebone, thanks

Yeah i did accidents happen! Hope he keeps ok for you:)

kjacks 03-02-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobofishman (Post 2365021)

Is that a diy background i wanna do that in my new 125g

Tetra1990 03-02-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2364520)

I'm sorry:( it's hard to loose a fish, especially rams. They can cost a pretty penny. At least around my area.

bobofishman 03-02-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2365134)

Is that a diy background i wanna do that in my new 125g

Yeah it took forever I'm just glad that my fish are happy ...

kjacks 03-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobofishman (Post 2365253)

Yeah it took forever I'm just glad that my fish are happy ...

It looks really good ..

kjacks 03-02-2013 06:58 PM

Well i didnt get my big tank today the people i was gettin it from flaked on me but i got another one for sure ill b gettin this week .. i picked up 3 baby otos for my 20g to replenish the ones that died over a month ago. My whole tank is practically cleaners except the gourami but they make for alot of.entertainment

Crawdaddy 03-02-2013 07:24 PM

Did a big water change on the 55 cichlid tank. When I checked my params the other night, the trates were through the roof. I put my vacuum in, started the siphon, and then tarted carrying buckets of fresh water to the tank. Treated the water, and kept filling while emptying. After about 30 invites of siphoning, I removed the vacuum, and finished filling. Will check params later to see if I need to do another change tomorrow.

Crawdaddy 03-02-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy (Post 2365893)
Did a big water change on the 55 cichlid tank. When I checked my params the other night, the trates were through the roof. I put my vacuum in, started the siphon, and then tarted carrying buckets of fresh water to the tank. Treated the water, and kept filling while emptying. After about 30 invites of siphoning, I removed the vacuum, and finished filling. Will check params later to see if I need to do another change tomorrow.

It worked, it brought the trates down to between 5 & 10.

phishfriend 03-02-2013 08:58 PM

Got a great deal on 3x3 dwarf baby tears on lava rocks. $2.29 each! grabbed 6. Also, found a really nice Plug and play led kit for the 75g with 6 colors for less then 55 bucks! Ill make a thread on the LED's for those interested. Just got to shoot a vid. It's been a good weekend!:dance:

Edit: link to the LED light thread I made:

LED moon/mood lighting for under 50 bucks! Video!!

Alyxx 03-02-2013 09:05 PM

Got all the driftwood I won on eBay today. Now just to feel well enough to rescape. I've been sick for almost a week now...

kjacks 03-02-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2366028)
Got all the driftwood I won on eBay today. Now just to feel well enough to rescape. I've been sick for almost a week now...

Hope you get better soon

shellyx 03-03-2013 12:24 PM

Just stared at my tank lol going to take the rest of the gravel out tomorrow to replace with sand. Hope it goes well kind of nervous!!

Convict2161 03-03-2013 12:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Water change 50% then added salt. Only day 4 on my ich battle but the fish is looking much better. Also re stained my stand and hood.

Attachment 156672

Attachment 156673

Tetra1990 03-03-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2366722)
Just stared at my tank lol going to take the rest of the gravel out tomorrow to replace with sand. Hope it goes well kind of nervous!!

You'll be fine. Take your time, rinse the sand really well and remember, we are here if you need us.

shellyx 03-03-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2366753)

You'll be fine. Take your time, rinse the sand really well and remember, we are here if you need us.

Thank you! It's just because it's my elephant nose tank had him for a while now :)

shellyx 03-03-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161 (Post 2366733)
Water change 50% then added salt. Only day 4 on my ich battle but the fish is looking much better. Also re stained my stand and hood.

Very nice!

Tetra1990 03-03-2013 04:16 PM

Gave my clown pleco a blanched carrot. Pwc on my 10 gallon, noticed my plants in both tanks are growing very nicely. Now time to watch NASCAR.

apet66 03-03-2013 04:55 PM

I missed my tank today. Spent yesterday staring at it. It's so relaxing!

Whiskey 03-03-2013 04:56 PM

Pulled all the FLoramax substrate out of my new 20G Tall. Rinsed it though a sieve 1 pound at a time to clean it up better, and put half back in. Waiting for the wife to get back with pool filter sand, then will add it in. she picked up some rocks she liked from the storm retention pond down the street, so we will scrub and boil those and see if we can't get a decent arrangement going with those and the plants we have. I will be hope full to get a pic up tonight of what we have going on.

BBradbury 03-03-2013 05:05 PM

The Day's Tank work

2 Attachment(s)
Hello...

Just changed out half the water in this 45 G tall. Just a low tech, low light, planted tank. The 75 or so Fancy Guppies and the two, 4 year old Melanistius Corydoras like the warm water change. They come to the glass to say "Thanks"!

B