Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

kwandrsn 03-03-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apet66 (Post 2367129)
I missed my tank today. Spent yesterday staring at it. It's so relaxing!

You were just watching the snails lol

kimmcannally 03-03-2013 04:49 PM

Did 50% water change for ich treatment, turned up the heat a bit and upped the salt. Fed the ACF some new food I made for them - everyone in the tank loves it! (apple snails, frogs and platies)

Autumnsky 03-03-2013 06:21 PM

Thanks for the good wishes about the loss of the Rams.

Lookin' good Convict, stand is a nice color.

Tanks are very nice BBradbury, as always, lol.

The Rainbow Platys in QT all look great. Yesterday did pwc on the QT with the Rainbow Platys.

Did 50% pwc on the auto wrecked recovering neighbor's recovering swim bladder issue Betta. I am doing his about every 3-4 days to keep the water better.

Neighbor is coming back in about a week Fish seems almost normal now.

Started fish in cycling a little 1.5G tank for him for a new Betta, he had the tank already, added filter pad squeeze and a decoration which looks like a bubble anemone and is made from silicone so its rubbery and has tons of surface area and BB which has been in my QT for a couple months, and 1/2 tank water with two young guppies. To get it started.

He has a 2.5G with the same filter pad. The tank where the other fish passed away, so if he decides not to get another fish he can have good BB started for the present Betta in the better tank.

Since I did my sand rinse (treated water) and scape change on the Edge 6.6 tank, the water has been a tiny bit cloudy, and in this tank I have never had that - always been crystal clear. Driftwood is making it a tinge brown, so it looks awful.

I am a little stressed about it since that is where the OEBT shrimp are going. Didn't have time to get the test kit from the other house yesterday due to work, doing that in a little while. Fish are active and look fine aren't stressed looking, just me I looked stressed, lol!

Another pwc today for the Edge.

Everybody got fed and seems in good spirits.

I think BBradbury has the right idea, low light, low tech, and low maintenance. :thumb:

edit add:
Put up my new Fluval 110 on my 32G, it barely fit, one of the cross straps on top is at the edge of the water flow, so a little water rolls off it and makes dripping noises. Otherwise it is very quiet, can't even hear it.

Unplugged one extra air bubbler - I obviously won't need moving up to 500 gallons per hour through there, lol. I was a little scared hearing some horror stories about others with the 110.

bobofishman 03-03-2013 06:57 PM

I did a 30% water change and added prime on my 90gal Malawi tank... nitrites were a little high and my fishys seemed a little uncomfortable added a power head with a aerator to move more water and add more o2 ... They seem better..

kwandrsn 03-03-2013 07:13 PM

Changed out my phosphate reducing pad and my nitrate reducing pad. I'll be glad when the purigen starts working

Added some code a cause my calcium is 380

Crawdaddy 03-03-2013 08:47 PM

Fed the guys some peas tonight, they go its every time. It's a blast to watch. The wife thinks I'm nuts for sitting in the kitchen pealing them.

Crawdaddy 03-03-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy (Post 2367750)
Fed the guys some peas tonight, they go its every time. It's a blast to watch. The wife thinks I'm nuts for sitting in the kitchen pealing them.

Edit: nuts every time. Dang auto correct.

bigbanker 03-03-2013 09:02 PM

Just laughed my bum off about a thread I just saw. I'd spoken with that person earlier. I applaud anyone who had the patience to comment on the thread that followed.

That being said I looked for my nerites and contemplated adding a cuc to my reef

shellyx 03-04-2013 11:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Changed my elephant nose tank to sand need to arrange it not happy with the set up at the moment. Here's a before and after picture

Attachment 156918

Attachment 156920

It's a bit cloudy at the moment, going to take some more water out later and do the same tomorrow. I feel I need more sand on the right it isn't as deep is it ok to go ahead and add it tomorrow? Thanks

Bearchumjs 03-04-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2368605)
Changed my elephant nose tank to sand need to arrange it not happy with the set up at the moment. Here's a before and after picture

It's a bit cloudy at the moment, going to take some more water out later and do the same tomorrow. I feel I need more sand on the right it isn't as deep is it ok to go ahead and add it tomorrow? Thanks

Im loving it! I think it looks really good.

Yes, you can add more sand tomorrow.

shellyx 03-04-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2368650)

Im loving it! I think it looks really good.

Yes, you can add more sand tomorrow.

Thank you! I, ll add more tomorrow and more plants :)

Oohitsae 03-04-2013 12:10 PM

Did a 50% change on the guppy tank and started preparing everything to ship them tomorrow.
Pulled quite a few plants to ship out today.
Did a big trim and moved trimmings into the fry tank
Pulled and culled one of my favorite betta fry, had a ton of trouble swimming to get air...not sure what was going on with that but it was going in all weekend sadly
Did w/c's on all the QT's and 26g

Autumnsky 03-04-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2368605)

Attachment 156918

Attachment 156920

You will really be able to see your Elephant Nose in there now!

Yes a little more sand, maybe 1-2 cm.

shellyx 03-04-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2368745)

You will really be able to see your Elephant Nose in there now!

Yes a little more sand, maybe 1-2 cm.

You definitely can see him! Going for more sand tomorrow morning if i have any left I'm going to add it to my bettas tank it could do with it being deeper. I'm having problems cleaning under my filter it's boxed in its the jewel rio still have gravel under they're will it be ok to leave it? Thanks

Autumnsky 03-04-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2368851)
You definitely can see him! Going for more sand tomorrow morning if i have any left I'm going to add it to my bettas tank it could do with it being deeper. I'm having problems cleaning under my filter it's boxed in its the jewel rio still have gravel under they're will it be ok to leave it? Thanks

:) You can leave it until such time as the gravel pops out or you have to pull it out for cleaning. It is easy to sift with a fish net with the woven open spaces in them, the sand fall right through. I used that technique to see how many MTS were under the spot where I feed my shrimp. Less than I thought there would be!

Have a problem with my Edge 6.6 tank.

The water is foaming. Although I washed my hands and my arms before
doing the scape change and sand rinsing, there must have been some lotion residue. Now the water is creating foam. This could explain why the water isn't crystal clear.

At first I thought it was from the Stress-Coat. But this isn't like that, that is more bubbly but goes away after a day or two.

The foam is sort of dense like on a non fat latte, and sort of holds its shape.

I will be doing a 75% pwc now to see if that helps and then probably another tomorrow after work, and maybe another after that if it doesn't stop.

This is the tank the Orange Eye Blue Tigers are supposed to go into. The fish are all active and not breathing heavy and eating fine. The lotion was a natural lotion, so hopefully not toxic, I am just petrified it could have.or be killing the BB, anybody have any ideas, other than pwc's? Think I will copy this and post in FW general discussion!

I have to go to work in a little while!:blink:

Alyxx 03-04-2013 07:19 PM

I've just laid here watching my big tank. I need to do water changes all around but I've been incredibly sick for a week and I just don't have the energy. But man, just watching the fish swim around makes me feel a little bit better

kjacks 03-04-2013 08:32 PM

Im not going to work to more n im getting my tank finally.. found a lfs nearby that does a buy 2 fish get 1 free every week on thursday im gonna check out tomorrow cant wait .. i topped of my tanks , fed them, n almost ditched a fish that wasnt dead.. one of the otos i bought was hanging sideways in a plant looked like it was dead n jist stuck there so i called the hubby to come look as he grabbed the net n brought it an inch from the fish then the lil oto moved .. lucky lil oto .. :)

98kshooter 03-04-2013 09:33 PM

Dosed with a new fertilizer and Debating a excel dose or not. Ahh I just watch the fish and dose tomorrow after work. And waiting til my ugly Juvie Aussie Rainbows get their colors

shellyx 03-05-2013 11:24 AM

Added more sand to my elephant nose tank, he's not happy with the sand lol every time he touches it with his chin he freaks! Going to clean my bettas tank and add the sand i have left as his doesn't look deep enough now :)

Tetra1990 03-05-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2370454)
Added more sand to my elephant nose tank, he's not happy with the sand lol every time he touches it with his chin he freaks! Going to clean my bettas tank and add the sand i have left as his doesn't look deep enough now :)

Ah, just give it time. He'll get used to it.

Convict2161 03-05-2013 05:05 PM

Another 50% water change. Still fighting ich but no losses to report. Day 5

Oohitsae 03-05-2013 05:16 PM

Pulled, bagged, and bixed the rest of my guppies and a bunch of plants...but with this storm we got I couldn't make it out of my driveway to ship, so had to remove all the guppies and place them back into their old tank!
Longgg day!

shellyx 03-05-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2370870)

Ah, just give it time. He'll get used to it.

He's hiding at the moment, feel i need something in my tank like another fish but not sure what, he lost his confidence when i got rid of my gourami. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

kwandrsn 03-05-2013 06:29 PM

Added 18lbs of live rock and got a bunch of hitchhikers including a polythoa polyp and a mushroom for $55

Bought a phosphate test kit... It is 0

Bought some Aspasia x to kill the aptasia I had plus the one on my new live rock

https://s14.directupload.net/images/130306/pwn7lly8.jpg

98kshooter 03-05-2013 08:00 PM

Did a Betta switch. Moved Bogart from the big tank and Put Gottfried in the big tank. For a brief second the two met. And as NOT expected there was no fight. Both my bettas seem to be to laid back to fight Neither even flared. So Bogart got the net and moved he seemed un happy in the big tank and wants to be alone...Where as Gottfried seems to be a little more social.

kjacks 03-05-2013 08:12 PM

FINALLY got my tank.. the hubby is driving us home now with my tank in the back... now i just gotta figure out how i want to set it up...

cbourg746 03-05-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2371193)
FINALLY got my tank.. the hubby is driving us home now with my tank in the back... now i just gotta figure out how i want to set it up...

Congrats. ....

kjacks 03-05-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2371203)

Congrats. ....

Thanks.. i seem to be running into u alot lately... lol

cbourg746 03-05-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2371212)

Thanks.. i seem to be running into u alot lately... lol

Now....if I could only get you away from those Africans and over to south or Central America. Lol

kjacks 03-05-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2371246)

Now....if I could only get you away from those Africans and over to south or Central America. Lol

Lol.. i do want a ram.. tryin to talk the hubby into lettin me keep the 55g n make it for angels n rams ... i like the jds too.. but my africans are my babies

cbourg746 03-05-2013 09:16 PM

Quick vid of the bloodworm bloodbath this evening.

https://youtu.be/nhwrDjkeYV4

Alyxx 03-06-2013 12:34 AM

Topped off my tanks and put the 20-something small pieces of driftwood I got on to boil. Got a lot of tannins out and hopefully they will start sinking soon. If not, I have a caulk gun full of silicone and some pieces of slate.

Autumnsky 03-06-2013 01:25 AM

Searched everywhere for a GH/KH test kit, only one was found but it was preordered and also prepaid for and NOT available.

Everyone said their orders were backordered for them!

Initially was trying to get the API, but decided anything that measured it. lol

The Salifert KH/Alk was the only one available was $28 and 1 1/2 hours away, one way.

I think I learned how to use it but I am still not positive about how to read the results, I think I am reading it right, from holding the pointy end up, and reading the number at the black stopper? anybody know for sure?

The sad stressful part of the day is the little edge is still foaming, I don't know what to do.

Since I was traveling around to fish stores, I found a couple interesting things.

Most cool is a Orange Lazer Cory (4.99), was in with a bunch of mixed Cories, the only one in probably 100 fish. And a Blue Filter feeder shrimp(8.99). And I got 9 Blue Tetras (15.00, on sale/ saved $3. not that big of sale but I have always thought of trying them). To lighten up the dark tank! Went to QT.

btw, the 110 on the 32G QT really brightened up the water clarity! Only had a little 20G on it, and 1/3 tank is full of floating /loose plants.

Iodizedfate 03-06-2013 01:46 AM

I did nothing with my tank! Didn't even get to see it because when I got home the lights were out. I did, however, help a friend test for nitrates on his tank, Had to show him how to do the test the right way.

LiL_NaVy_DuDe 03-06-2013 01:59 AM

What was your tank duty today?

What did you guys do with your tank today? What was the best or worst part about it?!

jmay33 03-06-2013 09:43 AM

It's been a sad few days in my fish room. I made the decision to get rid of all but 2 of my aquariums. I got 9 sold!(I couldn't even bring myself to consider getting rid of my saltwater tanks. Not happening. Lol.) Hopefully I have a really awesome tank to show for it in the future though. :)

Bearchumjs 03-06-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2371918)
It's been a sad few days in my fish room. I made the decision to get rid of all but 2 of my aquariums. I got 9 sold!(I couldn't even bring myself to consider getting rid of my saltwater tanks. Not happening. Lol.) Hopefully I have a really awesome tank to show for it in the future though. :)

Now instead of spending money on 11 tanks you only have to spend it on 2. That's going to work out really great! Your saltwater tanks will look awesome! It's still sad that you had to part with all of the others though.

kjacks 03-06-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2371706)

Most cool is a Orange Lazer Cory (4.99), was in with a bunch of mixed Cories, the only one in probably 100 fish.

Thats a steal . I found some on ebay for $18 for 1

jmay33 03-06-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2371932)

Now instead of spending money on 11 tanks you only have to spend it on 2. That's going to work out really great! Your saltwater tanks will look awesome! It's still sad that you had to part with all of the others though.

Thanks. :) that was my thought exactly. Now my tanks won't be so half-way, ya know?

Autumnsky 03-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2371935)
Thats a steal . I found some on ebay for $18 for 1

Didn't exactly see how much they run but it is orangish and has a stripe so it has to be that! aka Peru Gold stripe stripe, I think. It caught my eye as it was orangish tint in a sea of bronze and tan. They had fun things to see!

They also had some really neat looking ones which had spots not like dots, like a julii but circles which were tan bodies and light brown ring like circle. edit, ijust looked at over 300 pics on planet catfish of Cories and didn't see the spotted ones I saw yesterday! They only had two maybe three.

And one kind which looked like one I saw for $30/50. for sale... it is 1.5 hours away but I might go back. Adolfoi MAYBE...all mixed were $4.99.

There are a zillion kinds of Cories and many which look similar. There were numerous tanks of mixed Cories. But I didn't know which kinds they all were. When I got home is when I started looking as some pics and names, still couldn't find a pic of the ring like circle one. I was exhausted so didn't spend a long time looking. They had a bunch that was for sure!

kwandrsn 03-06-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2371918)

get rid of the two saltwater and buy a 500gal :-)

jmay33 03-06-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2372006)

get rid of the two saltwater and buy a 500gal :-)

Lol. I wish! I live in an apartment and I think my 55 is already pushing it. :) one of these days when I have a house I want a 150g+ fowlr with triggers, angels, tangs, etc. :)

kwandrsn 03-06-2013 01:00 PM

I went yesterday and seen a guys 125 gallon reef... That's what I want now

Autumnsky 03-06-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2372229)

Had to pick up a test kit and the only place that had it is an awesome SW only reef store and every time I go in there I want a SW, guess what is in the back of my mind today??? lol -:brows: know what you mean!!! ;)

jmay33 03-06-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2372229)

Lol. You have way more coral than me. I have to wait for my 55 to fill out before I think about that! One of these days though. :)

kwandrsn 03-06-2013 01:58 PM

Yeah. most of mine are small frags at the moment though. I'm about done buying coral until they start filling out lol

Bearchumjs 03-06-2013 02:33 PM

I did a pwc on my 10 g nano reef. Also cleaned the smaller hob filter. It didnt seem to be working right. It's better now! Fed mysis to Blue and MicroVert for the coral. Now I'm trying to figure out a good spot for my next coral- pulsing Xenia. :)

jmay33 03-06-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2372314)
Yeah. most of mine are small frags at the moment though. I'm about done buying coral until they start filling out lol

Lol. Good call I'm excited that my pumping Xenias split a new head! I don't have much variety. I'll get there. :)

kwandrsn 03-06-2013 02:41 PM

I found a local reef club and that has opened up a variety of places to get coral a lot cheaper

jmay33 03-06-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwandrsn (Post 2372371)
I found a local reef club and that has opened up a variety of places to get coral a lot cheaper

That's awesome. I'm trying to find people in my community that keep sw. I'm hoping that'll make it easier. We have a reef club here but I don't think they're very active, with us being out in the middle of the desert and all. Lol.

Valina 03-06-2013 05:22 PM

Hmmmm...

Drove 20 miles to LFS, spent 2 hours drooling/shopping/picking my LFS owner's brain! Drove home.

Boiled new driftwood 4+ hours, planted 3 Anubias, acclimated/added 6 fish to 2 different tanks, fertilized my Vallisneria Spiralis and Swords (2 different tanks).

Best part = ALL of it, except the drive to LFS!

Worst part = Only the drive!! Traffic is horrible here!

:fish2:

Valina

LiL_NaVy_DuDe 03-06-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valina (Post 2372614)
Hmmmm...

Drove 20 miles to LFS, spent 2 hours drooling/shopping/picking my LFS owner's brain! Drove home.

Boiled new driftwood 4+ hours, planted 3 Anubias, acclimated/added 6 fish to 2 different tanks, fertilized my Vallisneria Spiralis and Swords (2 different tanks).

Best part = ALL of it, except the drive to LFS!

Worst part = Only the drive!! Traffic is horrible here!

:fish2:

Valina

Wow closest store is that far... dang that's hard corps.. nice.

Convict2161 03-06-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL_NaVy_DuDe (Post 2371730)
What did you guys do with your tank today? What was the best or worst part about it?!

Just an FYI there's a long going thread "what did you do to your tank today" these will probably be merged.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ay-195155.html

Valina 03-06-2013 06:10 PM

OOOOPS! thanks for the info!!

kjacks 03-06-2013 06:31 PM

Worked then came home to my hubby moving a piece of our sectional out of the house.. he decided i should keep 3 tabks in the living room (my idea he orginally shot down ;) until today) then he says we r gettin my 125g n the house today ::dance dance:: so ill have a 20g h with a nlue crayfish soon , 55g with tons of cories n ottos n my gourami , then my 125g african.. oh life can be sweet sometimes.. lol im super excited ... glad he changed his mind

Oceangirl 03-06-2013 06:37 PM

Caught, boxed, and returned some Junk shrimp I got from someone! Not on here. Ick, catching little shrimp in a big tank sucks. Also might have a trade for blue pearl shrimp for my elephant ear betta named phil.

Tetra1990 03-06-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceangirl (Post 2372752)
Caught, boxed, and returned some Junk shrimp I got from someone! Not on here. Ick, catching little shrimp in a big tank sucks. Also might have a trade for blue pearl shrimp for my elephant ear betta named phil.

Catching shrimp in any tank sucks lol. It's bad when you spend 15 minutes and give up because your outsmarted by a shrimp.

cbourg746 03-06-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2372792)

Catching shrimp in any tank sucks lol. It's bad when you spend 15 minutes and give up because your outsmarted by a shrimp.

Easiest way to catch shrimp in any size tank IME is with two nets. They move backwards so catch their attention with a net in front of them then slide your net up behind them. When they take off cause your front net is too close, they will shoot right into the net behind them. Problem solved.

Oceangirl 03-06-2013 07:22 PM

a lot were pewee's, they were so cheap. They didn't have any red on them. Lesson learned. only buy from trusted sellers. :rolleyes:

bigbanker 03-06-2013 07:49 PM

Ugh! That IS miserable.

I fed the corals today

Alyxx 03-06-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2372736)
Worked then came home to my hubby moving a piece of our sectional out of the house.. he decided i should keep 3 tabks in the living room (my idea he orginally shot down ;) until today) then he says we r gettin my 125g n the house today ::dance dance:: so ill have a 20g h with a nlue crayfish soon , 55g with tons of cories n ottos n my gourami , then my 125g african.. oh life can be sweet sometimes.. lol im super excited ... glad he changed his mind

Awesome! My boyfriend loves the idea of more tanks in the house, we just don't have any room for them. Unless we like, threw out the couch. We kinda need a place to sit down.

I was able to put in about four of the pieces of driftwood I started soaking last night. It's a start! Only like 15-18 more pieces to go... I'm hoping they all get nice and waterlogged so I don't have to wait for them to dry back out to get them siliconed to some slate. Not even going to bother getting it all placed til more of them sink, though. So for now they are just kind of dropped in haphazardly. Probably tomorrow when I do a water change I will try to start messing with the scape. It's a deep tank, so it's a lot easier to mess with stuff when the water level is down. Otherwise I'm soaked to my shoulders.

Autumnsky 03-06-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2372897)
Awesome! My boyfriend loves the idea of more tanks in the house, we just don't have any room for them. Unless we like, threw out the couch. We kinda need a place to sit down.

I was able to put in about four of the pieces of driftwood I started soaking last night. It's a start! Only like 15-18 more pieces to go... I'm hoping they all get nice and waterlogged so I don't have to wait for them to dry back out to get them siliconed to some slate. Not even going to bother getting it all placed til more of them sink, though. So for now they are just kind of dropped in haphazardly. Probably tomorrow when I do a water change I will try to start messing with the scape. It's a deep tank, so it's a lot easier to mess with stuff when the water level is down. Otherwise I'm soaked to my shoulders.

Pics, Pics, Pics!

You can use a stainless steel screw, if you can get a hole drilled into the slate, no waiting. Tape over where you are going to drill the hole a couple pieces on each side with duct or painters tape, drill through with appropriate variety & size bit. No drying time!

kwandrsn 03-06-2013 08:12 PM

I bought a 32 gallon heavy duty trash can and a 200 watt tetra heater and used a old needle wheel pump and made me a saltwater mixing barrel

https://s14.directupload.net/images/130307/wjt8qses.jpg https://s14.directupload.net/images/130307/5r3xkep3.jpg

That's 27 gallons mixing only issue is I can't get the heater to stay where I need it, grrrr

Alyxx 03-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2372911)

Pics, Pics, Pics!

You can use a stainless steel screw, if you can get a hole drilled into the slate, no waiting. Tape over where you are going to drill the hole a couple pieces on each side with duct or painters tape, drill through with appropriate variety & size bit. No drying time!

I've thought about it but I don't think my drill could handle it. It's an electric screwdriver that can be used as a drill. Nearly shorted it out using a cutting bit to saw plywood to help a friend make a shield.
Also, you should have seen the look on my boyfriend's face when I put a big pot full of wood on the stove last night. I've been sick for a week, and I think he thought the cold meds were going to my head until I explained myself.

cbourg746 03-06-2013 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2372934)

I've thought about it but I don't think my drill could handle it. It's an electric screwdriver that can be used as a drill. Nearly shorted it out using a cutting bit to saw plywood to help a friend make a shield.
Also, you should have seen the look on my boyfriend's face when I put a big pot full of wood on the stove last night. I've been sick for a week, and I think he thought the cold meds were going to my head until I explained myself.

I have a good drill and masonry bit if you want I can drill it for you. I just used it a few weeks ago to get this beast the stay down.

Alyxx 03-06-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2372958)

I have a good drill and masonry bit if you want I can drill it for you. I just used it a few weeks ago to get this beast the stay down.

Wow, that is a gorgeous piece of wood! Where did you get it?

And thanks, ill let you know if I get some pieces that just won't sink. Although now that I think about it, most of them are pretty small so silicone may really be the better option. Although all the drying time will suck.

cbourg746 03-06-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2372972)

And thanks, ill let you know if I get some pieces that just won't sink. Although now that I think about it, most of them are pretty small so silicone may really be the better option. Although all the drying time will suck.

I got the wood out of the ponchatoula creek that runs behind my house. It weighs like 60lbs.

Fishguy17 03-06-2013 09:13 PM

Well today I fed my fish as usual then I whent to purchase a new hood for my tank. Which has LEDs and now makes the tank super bright.

Autumnsky 03-06-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2372972)

Slow roasting in the oven on low, like making beef jerky might speed it up!

Hope you are feeling better! He may not ever let you back in the kitchen, lol

Alyxx 03-06-2013 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2373075)

Slow roasting in the oven on low, like making beef jerky might speed it up!

Hope you are feeling better! He may not ever let you back in the kitchen, lol

Good idea on the roasting! I think I'm going to be in luck, though. Four more pieces have sunk since this afternoon! Well, one is mostly sunk and is standing on end in the tank. Looks pretty awesome, actually. I'm going to have fun playing with the scape tomorrow. And with the way I cook, there's no way he would ban me from the kitchen!

Attachment 157505

jmay33 03-06-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2373135)

Good idea on the roasting! I think I'm going to be in luck, though. Four more pieces have sunk since this afternoon! Well, one is mostly sunk and is standing on end in the tank. Looks pretty awesome, actually. I'm going to have fun playing with the scape tomorrow. And with the way I cook, there's no way he would ban me from the kitchen!

My immediate response would be, "it was one time!" lol. Exciting about having more tanks. :)

kjacks 03-07-2013 09:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well i got my tank n stand inside yesterday... so excited .. i cleaned it up but i still gotta add the glass tops n lights n of course fish in all.. im tryin to get all the dried algae off the tops n sides that holds the tops now.. the lil guy had goldfish n my tank smells like them .. yuck im cleaning with vinegar..

I want those rocks for my tank...

Autumnsky 03-07-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2373674)
Well i got my tank n stand inside yesterday... so excited .. i cleaned it up but i still gotta add the glass tops n lights n of course fish in all.. im tryin to get all the dried algae off the tops n sides that holds the tops now.. the lil guy had goldfish n my tank smells like them .. yuck im cleaning with vinegar..

I want those rocks for my tank...

Wow, nice tank! I like how it is long, doesn't seem too deep.

You will just need to watch out for sunlight peeking in.

Try using some baking soda with the vinegar for some scrubbing power and deodorizing.

kjacks 03-07-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2373762)

Wow, nice tank! I like how it is long, doesn't seem too deep.

You will just need to watch out for sunlight peeking in.

Try using some baking soda with the vinegar for some scrubbing power and deodorizing.

Yea its 6ft long i think 24in high could b wrong.. that tabk os exactly as lomg as my loveseat.. we justed moved it down since we dont have alot of company.. i needed the longer footprint for my africans .. im gonna add a background that hould block sun pretty good from the back n not sure on the side but my 20g is directly in front of the door n my 10 before that havemt had a problem yet the door stays closed mostly

Convict2161 03-07-2013 04:44 PM

Day 7 of "operation kill ich" no deaths and no new spots so....

A little over a 50% water change, I got a little carried away with cleaning the sand, rocks and driftwood. Before I knew it was down ALOT.

So... I added a few table spoons of Kosher salt and because my tap is 6.0 and I took so much out. To be safe I added 3 tablespoons of Malawi buffer.

All are swimming around like normal and ate. I'll continue this for another week. Hopefully that will do it.

Oh and I added fresh poly fill. The old was DIRTY and falling apart in my hands.

Rlavassor86 03-07-2013 04:55 PM

Getting some much needed time in with both my tanks today, been gone for two weeks since the wife decided to do dumb things. She has at least been feeding them for me.

Autumnsky 03-07-2013 05:32 PM

Spent half the day already working on all the tanks!

Tested everything to see where they stood. Mostly fine. Did pwc on three tanks.

The shrimp tank was a bugger and took an hour due to having to hunt for all the tiny mts and baby shrimp in the muck. A lot of it one cup at a time, ugh!

Decided to kick the Betta out of his well established 2.5G and get it ready for the Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp, I think they will arrive tomorrow. Cleaned the sand and did a min rescape, pretty much the same.

Change my snail bowl to a two gallon bowl and added some tan Cherry shrimp to see if they can stay alive in there with only the plants supplying them air. Snails do fine.

Cleaned the filter in the 37 and added water. Added water to the Koi pond.

Spent an hour trying to solve my foaming water 6.6 Edge tank problem, 90+% water change, wiped down everything rinsed filter and media with treated clean water, and took out the DW, and took off the sponge pre-filter, and filled it back up.

Still getting .25 ammonia from the tap too:(.

Now off to work!

54seaweed 03-07-2013 09:47 PM

5 gal wc in sw feeder
40b about finished cycling 0.50 ppm ammonia another day or so :thumb::thumb: will check the trates in the am
guess I need to sit down and figure what I want for a CUC

kwandrsn 03-07-2013 10:06 PM

Just done a 12 gallon water change on my saltwater tank... I'm gonna get you nitrates lol

Sharpchick 03-07-2013 10:57 PM

Bought a couple of clamp on shop lights and a shelf to clamp them to. Rounded up all my fish-tank only buckets to get ready for my sizeable plant order to get here tomorrow, when all of the tanks get re-scaped.

Sharpchick 03-07-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2374297)
Spent half the day already working on all the tanks!

Tested everything to see where they stood. Mostly fine. Did pwc on three tanks.

The shrimp tank was a bugger and took an hour due to having to hunt for all the tiny mts and baby shrimp in the muck. A lot of it one cup at a time, ugh!

Decided to kick the Betta out of his well established 2.5G and get it ready for the Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp, I think they will arrive tomorrow. Cleaned the sand and did a min rescape, pretty much the same.

Change my snail bowl to a two gallon bowl and added some tan Cherry shrimp to see if they can stay alive in there with only the plants supplying them air. Snails do fine.

Cleaned the filter in the 37 and added water. Added water to the Koi pond.

Spent an hour trying to solve my foaming water 6.6 Edge tank problem, 90+% water change, wiped down everything rinsed filter and media with treated clean water, and took out the DW, and took off the sponge pre-filter, and filled it back up.

Still getting .25 ammonia from the tap too:(.

Now off to work!

Where did the betta go?

54seaweed 03-07-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpchick (Post 2374835)
Bought a couple of clamp on shop lights and a shelf to clamp them to. Rounded up all my fish-tank only buckets to get ready for my sizeable plant order to get here tomorrow, when all of the tanks get re-scaped.

when your finished you know were going to want picts:cool::thumb:

Autumnsky 03-08-2013 05:10 AM

Thought I was off to work...

Stopped by the post office to pick up the mail on the way to work, and also, just to make sure my OEBT shrimp didn't arrive. The tracking number said they were still in New York, 1500 miles away.

SURPRISE!!!

I had to run them home, and I was late to work :(

AND the heat pack was cold, and there were supposed to be 12 but I could only count maybe 11. And 4 of them looked like they were born the day before they were shipped to me! [-], as big as the dash in the brackets, but pale and really thin and pretty much invisible...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are two nicely colored blue ones, one is 3mm and one maybe 2mm.

That seller should be ashamed of himself, was from ebay. Didn't ship them right after I paid for them, and some of these shrimp weren't even born when I paid for them! Very negative experience.

And my water is still foaming in my Edge tank :(:(:(:(:(:confused:

Sharpchick 03-08-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2374874)
when your finished you know were going to want picts:cool::thumb:

Oh yeah. No problem with that. My camera goes everywhere I do.

54seaweed 03-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2375064)
Stopped by the post office to pick up the mail on the way to work, and also, just to make sure my OEBT shrimp didn't arrive. The tracking number said they were still in New York, 1500 miles away.

:(:confused:

bet you there here the post office scans once a day I know this secret since my wife is a scarey mail carrier:eek::eek::rofl::rofl:

my rock never appeared in tracking window till the day after it was delivered

54seaweed 03-08-2013 11:07 AM

I broke the news to my wife that I'm painting the fish room black

results were not good she about went through roof

after she thought about it she said go ahead it's your cave anyway

so now I have to go get some semi flat black paint so I can get this done before she changes her mind lol :D

kjacks 03-08-2013 01:05 PM

Well i found some sand not sure if.it is safe though.. the hubby can pick it up today if it is then ill b busy cleaning sand

https://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...ng-media-50-lb

Says its coal slag with less then 2% silicia .. is this the stuff everyone else uses if not what black or dark sand do yall use.. last time i bought the expensive lfs brand.. this time i would need 5 bags to cover all these tanks

bigbanker 03-08-2013 01:07 PM

That's the right sand

kjacks 03-08-2013 01:13 PM

Thanks...

shellyx 03-08-2013 03:14 PM

50% clean on my bettas tank, 40 % clean on my elephant nose tank and added five more blue jelly shrimp, my red nose rhino shrimp i put in yesterday are still doing ok except one i can't find. Also added a home for my kuhli loach :)

kjacks 03-08-2013 06:45 PM

Looking now for fish to add we r just picking what we like now n buying a new filter for my 125 gonna get a AC110 while its on sale for $67 instead of $89 plus i got a coupon to save more money ...cant wait to start playing in my sand tomorrow... lol

Edit: got lucky n grabbed the last ac110.. and i grabbed some scrubber brushes n wire brushes on sale... saw some beautiful nickel size angels hubby wanted them now for once it was me making him walk away without fish it was nice

Also made some more food for the africans and a special mix for the cories.. changed filter pads n put my new scrub brush to the test perfect ...

Alyxx 03-08-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2375335)

so now I have to go get some semi flat black paint so I can get this done before she changes her mind lol :D

Go! Go! Go! Do it nooooooow.

I got my power back on, checked up on everyone, and am planning on water changes once I get some food in me. I didn't sleep at all last night thanks to taking my cold medicine too late at night, and I've been running around all day and haven't eaten yet. Yet I'm still going to clean my tanks tonight. Everyone made it through the day without power ok, though. Although my betta Lucky didn't seem too happy when the filters kicked on and messed up the bubble nest he had built while he had some still water. He looked at me like kid who got his sandcastle kicked down.

bobofishman 03-08-2013 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
30% water change on my 90gal Malawi & Vic tank moved my grow out tank with a 40% water change and I move my jack Dempsey from a 40 gal to a 55 gal

Attachment 158006

Attachment 158007

Bearchumjs 03-08-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2375335)

Get the chalk board paint! Then you can write notes about the tanks on the walls!

Alyxx 03-08-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2376107)

Get the chalk board paint! Then you can write notes about the tanks on the walls!

That is an excellent idea! Makes keeping track of tank parameters really easy.

Autumnsky 03-08-2013 11:14 PM

Huge hassle!!

Good to know, never go by the tracking number info, will remember that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2375320)
bet you there here the post office scans once a day I know this secret since my wife is a scarey mail carrier:eek::eek::rofl::rofl:

my rock never appeared in tracking window till the day after it was delivered

kjacks 03-09-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2376259)
Huge hassle!!

Good to know, never go by the tracking number info, will remember that!

Too bad u dont use a smaller office i find the more rural offices have more time then a big city office as they are always busy.. i only say this bc my mom has been a mail carrier for 15+ yrs n i work the office in a small small small office... i scan more then once a day ..

Tetra1990 03-09-2013 10:04 AM

Got off sequence last night with feeding, so I fed this morning. My water wisteria needs to be trimmed again...

shellyx 03-09-2013 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My husband came home with 3 earth eater's today to go with my elephant nose! I, ve read their peaceful but if you guys have more information please tell me! Im unsure as my elephant is a grump lol would love it to work :)

Attachment 158100

98kshooter 03-09-2013 10:53 AM

Planted a bunch of new small plants. took the entire evening! Did nuther water change and hit the tank with ferts for the newbies. now just watching the Neons play in the new arrangement. Still cant find my missing lil hippy (Male Guppy) if he passed away I sure need to find him afore he spikes my tank. Very possible the shrimp ate him.....Contemplating some algae eating snails now and a new lil hippy! And while I am typing this my New light just came from the maillady!!!! so more to do!!!!