Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

98kshooter 03-09-2013 12:39 PM

And just rigged the new LED and realized... wow! My fish do have colors!!! And how they pop out in the new light. Thinking it fair enuff bright for the plantings as well. Wish I had these lights back in my old Cichlid keeping days! Them fish would have been jewels under this type of light! The Neons seem to love it as all have come out of hiding in the plants to basically play in the sunlight LOL

Convict2161 03-09-2013 01:10 PM

Still battling ich. No deaths and no new signs. Just what was there from the beginning and even that's getting better.

Just did my 50% water change, cleaned the substrate real good. Went over all the rocks and driftwood pretty well. Added some salt and called it a day.

98kshooter 03-09-2013 01:29 PM

I Hate Ich I feel for ya bro a real pain.....

cbourg746 03-09-2013 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2376667)
My husband came home with 3 earth eater's today to go with my elephant nose! I, ve read their peaceful but if you guys have more information please tell me! Im unsure as my elephant is a grump lol would love it to work :)

Good pick up as they can be hard to come by at times. Looks like red head tapajos. They are relatively peaceful but are still cichlids. They will get territorial especially when breeding. Give them room to forage through the substrate and don't be surprised if they dig up plants. Fake or real. Awesome fish to watch grow out. They have some really awesome colors when mature.

cbourg746 03-09-2013 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not really a tank but it holds water and I work my tush off today.

kjacks 03-09-2013 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2377500)
Not really a tank but it holds water and I work my tush off today.

Looks good..

I washed 1 bag of 50lb sand, moved all my sand from the 55g to the 125g since it keeps the ph higher.. i filled the 125g up but my old filters from the 55g on it and the new ac110 that im bringing back tomorrow as it stopped working after 10mins of running.. spent hours doing this and was soo tired i just put rocks in any empty spot i could stick it .. oh and my lights are 2 different lights..so ill be replacing them too..

Need a background quick like .. water isnt cloudy like it looks ..



Attachment 158213

molliwopp 03-09-2013 08:36 PM

Water change with abit of gravel vac mixed in

audifusion 03-09-2013 08:40 PM

picked up my shark and tossed him back in after he jumped out of the tank

jmay33 03-09-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audifusion (Post 2377534)
picked up my shark and tossed him back in after he jumped out of the tank

What kind of shark?

phishfriend 03-09-2013 09:05 PM

Water changes on all the tank and installed the new acrylic tops on the tank.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture52846.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture52844.jpg

molliwopp 03-09-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishfriend (Post 2377589)
Water changes on all the tank and installed the new acrylic tops on the tank.

Thats looking like a very nice tank.

Convict2161 03-09-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishfriend (Post 2377589)
Water changes on all the tank and installed the new acrylic tops on the tank.

Have I mentioned how much I love your tank?

kjacks 03-09-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishfriend (Post 2377589)
Water changes on all the tank and installed the new acrylic tops on the tank.

Your tank does look great..

phishfriend 03-10-2013 09:33 AM

Thanks all!! I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out myself.:-)

kjacks 03-10-2013 12:17 PM

Bought 2 new lights and a marineland emperor 400 hopefully it will work ... doing a pwc as my ammonia is up notch.. then gonna enjoy my new tank as much as the fish are.. its so different bc at feed time everyone is so busy exploring n swimming only half of them notice me dropping food..

shellyx 03-10-2013 01:42 PM

Added a paired GBR's to my tank today, decided to take the red heads back wasn't going to be enough room for them and my elephant nose. :)

Tetra1990 03-10-2013 02:11 PM

I'm taking no prisoners with my mts. Bought a small net and very carefully sifting through my sand and removing every last one I come across. Took out my big root decor and since it has soo many nooks and crannies I couldn't get every snail off. I decided to use this cold weather and set the root decor outside to freeze them off. I'll retrieve it after a few hours. With the roots out, I kind of like the look of my tank. On the left side is a jungle of plants and they sort of spill into the open right side. My male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased but he'll have to suck it up for today.

Finished the right side of the tank and replaced the root decor. Anyone want frozen escargot? The other side is gonna be a pain because I'll have to up root all my plants!!!!!!

Bearchumjs 03-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2378377)
I'm taking no prisoners with my mts. Bought a small net and very carefully sifting through my sand and removing every last one I come across. Took out my big root decor and since it has soo many nooks and crannies I couldn't get every snail off. I decided to use this cold weather and set the root decor outside to freeze them off. I'll retrieve it after a few hours. With the roots out, I kind of like the look of my tank. On the left side is a jungle of plants and they sort of spill into the open right side. My male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased but he'll have to suck it up for today.

Why are you hating on the MTS? Lol!

Autumnsky 03-10-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2378377)
I'm taking no prisoners with my mts. Bought a small net and very carefully sifting through my sand and removing every last one I come across. Took out my big root decor and since it has soo many nooks and crannies I couldn't get every snail off. I decided to use this cold weather and set the root decor outside to freeze them off. I'll retrieve it after a few hours. With the roots out, I kind of like the look of my tank. On the left side is a jungle of plants and they sort of spill into the open right side. My male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased but he'll have to suck it up for today.

Had a good laugh :rofl: Did you try the Assassin snails?

Crawdaddy 03-10-2013 03:57 PM

Water changes on the 55 and 37. Also re-scaped the cichlid 55.

Tetra1990 03-10-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2378459)

Why are you hating on the MTS? Lol!

I know they are good for turning over sand. But I kid you not, I have thousands of them. And they are the tiny ones! At night, it's like the top of my sand is alive!

Tetra1990 03-10-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2378473)

Had a good laugh :rofl: Did you try the Assassin snails?

Yes I have 10 assassin snails. They are working on the big mts. But I have thousands of mts! And they are the tiny ones.

Autumnsky 03-10-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2378561)
Yes I have 10 assassin snails. They are working on the big mts. But I have thousands of mts! And they are the tiny ones.

Sifting them out of the sand is a great idea, you just need to find someone with Puffer fish and set up a regular delivery schedule.

54seaweed 03-10-2013 07:30 PM

want a bumble bee loach he will eat every single one

Tetra1990 03-10-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2378841)
want a bumble bee loach he will eat every single one

How big do they get? My 29 gallon is pretty much stocked.

kjacks 03-10-2013 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added my background and 2 hobs.. and new lights

Attachment 158457

phishfriend 03-10-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2378874)
Added my background and 2 hobs.. and new lights

Lookin good!

kjacks 03-10-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishfriend (Post 2378879)

Lookin good!

Thanks.. i need more fish now.. oh forgot to add to i bought 2 more syno. Petricolas tonight should arrive this week ...

Crawdaddy 03-10-2013 08:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy (Post 2378505)
Water changes on the 55 and 37. Also re-scaped the cichlid 55.

Since it cleared up, here are a couple of pics of the scape.

Attachment 158474



Attachment 158475



Attachment 158476

bud29 03-10-2013 08:58 PM

Today is Sunday, so that means water change day! This morning I did the wc on my 29 gallon, then later this afternoon I did the water change on the 5 gallon QT tank and the 10 gallon shrimp tank. In the QT tank, I have 4 espei rasbora I got from walmart - they've been in QT for a week, and so far they have showed no sign of illness :)

By the way, not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but this thread is more than a year old now!

54seaweed 03-10-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2378859)
How big do they get? My 29 gallon is pretty much stocked.

he's about 12 inches

Alyxx 03-10-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2378801)

Sifting them out of the sand is a great idea, you just need to find someone with Puffer fish and set up a regular delivery schedule.

If you wanted to mail some to me, my puffers would think you were their best buddy!

tarheel92 03-11-2013 02:45 PM

Today I took a leap of faith and grabbed a lightly used Fluval 306 for $78 off ebay....supposed to arrive by Friday, so here goes nothing!

Oohitsae 03-11-2013 03:11 PM

Nothing.
Haven't even turned the tank lights on today.

My allergies are going insane, I was supposed to do soo much! W/c's on the bigger tanks and ship like 6 packages of fish and plants!

molliwopp 03-11-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel92 (Post 2380032)
Today I took a leap of faith and grabbed a lightly used Fluval 306 for $78 off ebay....supposed to arrive by Friday, so here goes nothing!

Let us know how it goes. Ive always been weiry of buying filters used. How much are 306s new?

bshenanagins 03-11-2013 05:09 PM

That's not a bad deal if its lightly used like you say. I got a Rena xp4 last year locally on craigslist for $80 and it's good for 260 gallons but I have a turtle so half that lol. Bought a 304 on eBay a couple years ago when I was a newbie and it's still kicking. eBay is great for used filters just gotta know your price and know when a seller is sketchy

tarheel92 03-11-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2380211)

Let us know how it goes. Ive always been weiry of buying filters used. How much are 306s new?

Will do! I got it from a large eBay store with great feedback (something ridiculous like 99.8%) and a 2 week return policy so I figured it was worth the risk, they run about $120 on Amazon and $150 or so at the big box stores if I remember correctly, and they said it was only used for a few months, so if everything pans out it was a steal.

molliwopp 03-11-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel92 (Post 2380231)

Will do! I got it from a large eBay store with great feedback (something ridiculous like 99.8%) and a 2 week return policy so I figured it was worth the risk, they run about $120 on Amazon and $150 or so at the big box stores if I remember correctly, and they said it was only used for a few months, so if everything pans out it was a steal.

Ohh from a store.. well thats different. Nice buy.

tarheel92 03-11-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2380235)

Ohh from a store.. well thats different. Nice buy.

Yeah, there were some similarly priced sketchy "new" ones from other sellers similarly priced, but then I saw this one sold through an eBay store and figured it was too good to pass up.

kjacks 03-11-2013 06:08 PM

Got off work and did an extra pwc on the 125g this week and montoring my levels closely .. pwc on 20g and cleaned and and filled up the 55g 95% of the way whn the hubby quit lugging buckets on me .. gonn rest some thn do the last few myself.. cant wait to get all the tanks running and filled with fish

Convict2161 03-11-2013 06:26 PM

Just another 50% water change in the African tank. Day 11 on "operation ich battle" and all looks good with no deaths to report.

molliwopp 03-11-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161 (Post 2380353)
Just another 50% water change in the African tank. Day 11 on "operation ich battle" and all looks good with no deaths to report.

Good. Id be supprised if a sissy paracite like ich could take down a cichlid when treated right. And im in no doubt you know what youre doing convict.
Ive always wondered if your name 'convict' has anything to do the a convict cichids?

Convict2161 03-11-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2380388)

Good. Id be supprised if a sissy paracite like ich could take down a cichlid when treated right. And im in no doubt you know what youre doing convict.
Ive always wondered if your name 'convict' has anything to do the a convict cichids?

Thanks for the vote of confidence it's much appreciated I do the best I can :)

And... My user name, hmmm.... Lets just say it not about fish ;)

Btw... Like your occupation

Alyxx 03-11-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161 (Post 2380538)

Thanks for the vote of confidence it's much appreciated I do the best I can :)

And... My user name, hmmm.... Lets just say it not about fish ;)

Btw... Like your occupation

I like that occupation, too. At least he's honest!

It's water change night once dinner gets cooked. And I'm going to start planning what I'm going to do for my new betta's tank. Right now the tank just holds some snails and is bare bottomed with some fake plants in there just to give the snails stuff to climb on. That just won't do for a gorgeous solid black betta. Ideas?

molliwopp 03-12-2013 01:49 AM

Do you know what. I dont remember what i put as my occupation cant look on the phone app either. Either way it wont be my genuine occupation and that will stay unconcluded.. Makes me look alot kooler that way, no?

Alyxx 03-12-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2381174)
Do you know what. I dont remember what i put as my occupation cant look on the phone app either. Either way it wont be my genuine occupation and that will stay unconcluded.. Makes me look alot kooler that way, no?

"Girlfriend's personal man slave" is what it says. My own favorite non-occupation is "professional oxygen-intake artist."

molliwopp 03-12-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2381224)

"Girlfriend's personal man slave" is what it says. My own favorite non-occupation is "professional oxygen-intake artist."

Lol. Yeah, oxygen is good isnt it.

Bearchumjs 03-12-2013 12:47 PM

5 gal pwc on my 35hex community tank. Then my filter didnt turn on and I had to take it apart. Not sure what the problem was but it worked after I put it back together. :)

molliwopp 03-12-2013 01:12 PM

Feed daphnia today, my fish go crazy for it.

New2me 03-12-2013 05:16 PM

Stared at my dwarf puffer for ages!! He is a real weirdo....follows the baby snails around the glass on his tank, gets real close then appears to welcome them to his crib and swims off!! No no, I told him, don't make friends....eat them ;-)

50% water change on both tanks, happy fish today.

54seaweed 03-12-2013 06:16 PM

found one of my ciclids with a mouth full of eggs
placed her in QT tank

shellyx 03-12-2013 06:19 PM

50% clean on my bettas tank, 40 % clean on my elephant nose tank now to sit back and watch!

shellyx 03-12-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2382134)
found one of my ciclids with a mouth full of eggs
placed her in QT tank

Aww cool! Congrats :)

Koopamaster 03-12-2013 08:18 PM

Got some malaysian trumpet snails to breed and bought some food for my new pea puffers :D

misterpenguin4 03-12-2013 08:29 PM

Got 4 new cichlids!!!!!

Kowalski 03-12-2013 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Scaped the tank. Waiting to buy a test kit so I can figure out when I can put my first cichlid in

kjacks 03-12-2013 09:01 PM

Spent alot of time researching fish i wanna add to my tank.. it just looks empty now .. got a few places to check into . Wanna see if i can get them ordered locally before i pay fortune to have them shipped...

Fed the fish .. and for the first time since they have been in the new tank they were all front and center waiting to eat..

Tetra1990 03-12-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowalski (Post 2382408)
Scaped the tank. Waiting to buy a test kit so I can figure out when I can put my first cichlid in

Looks amazing! How many gallons? Some yellow fish would look good against the blue background.

Kowalski 03-12-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2382484)

Looks amazing! How many gallons? Some yellow fish would look good against the blue background.

It's a 29 I was hoping for it to be a 30. This was a hand me down. But you have to work with what you have right. Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking about a electric yellow

tarheel92 03-12-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowalski (Post 2382408)
Scaped the tank. Waiting to buy a test kit so I can figure out when I can put my first cichlid in

Can't wait to see it stocked!

Rare 03-12-2013 09:54 PM

First time cichlid owner and after 2month of a fishless cycle....Today I did a drip accumulation & in the aquarium they went & are alive and well!

https://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7649/img0643cs.jpg[/quote]

Alyxx 03-13-2013 12:05 AM

Stopped by my LFS and asked the lady who runs it to order me 6 female Bettas, 2 crown tails, 2 half moons, and 2 veiltails. And she has the white sand I need coming in so she didn't have to order that. I can pick it all up Friday.

Put a marble sized mystery snail in my crayfish tank to work on the algae, and I'm pretty sure he got grabbed by the momma cray within a minute. I was hoping it would be big enough to make it. Guess not.

jmay33 03-13-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2382784)
Stopped by my LFS and asked the lady who runs it to order me 6 female Bettas, 2 crown tails, 2 half moons, and 2 veiltails. And she has the white sand I need coming in so she didn't have to order that. I can pick it all up Friday.

Put a marble sized mystery snail in my crayfish tank to work on the algae, and I'm pretty sure he got grabbed by the momma cray within a minute. I was hoping it would be big enough to make it. Guess not.

I used to pull the snails I found munching on my plants out of that tank and throw them in with my crayfish. They will eat them no matter how large they are. Sorry!

Are you starting a Betta sorority?

Autumnsky 03-13-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2382784)
Stopped by my LFS and asked the lady who runs it to order me 6 female Bettas, 2 crown tails, 2 half moons, and 2 veiltails. And she has the white sand I need coming in so she didn't have to order that. I can pick it all up Friday.



Did you order all the same kind of females? Or Halfmoon, Crowntail, and Veiltails???



Put a marble sized mystery snail in my crayfish tank to work on the algae, and I'm pretty sure he got grabbed by the momma cray within a minute. I was hoping it would be big enough to make it. Guess not.


Whoops, got the question in the wrong spot......
Did you order all the same kind of females? Or Halfmoon, Crowntail, and Veiltails???

Sorry about your snail.:(

Alyxx 03-13-2013 12:45 AM

Yup, starting a sorority. And I'm getting two of each tail type. Might have to throw some fake plants in the tank for now to add some hiding places. I want to plant the tank but I'm still pulling snails out of there. They have eaten every plant I've put in there other than an onion bulb and some java fern. They are getting big enough to pull easily, though. And it looks like I'm going to need a new snail tank. The current one is going to be a betta tank soon, I'm thinking just a Rubbermaid tub with a sponge filter.

kwandrsn 03-13-2013 12:48 AM

15 gallon pwc on my reef
Bought three new corals

https://s1.directupload.net/images/130313/5txlivnj.jpg https://s14.directupload.net/images/130313/jruu68ye.jpg https://s1.directupload.net/images/130313/53vyh5tc.jpg

Can't wait to see what they look like tomorrow

54seaweed 03-13-2013 12:53 AM

what are the white spots on the shroom rock

kwandrsn 03-13-2013 12:55 AM

Oops wrong post lol

kwandrsn 03-13-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2382863)
what are the white spots on the shroom rock

mushrooms I'm guessing they look like mushrooms anyways

I paid $100 for all three things

Mustang running back 88 03-13-2013 03:51 PM

Trying to get guppies to breed in 20 g and cleaning a mixed 75g cichlid tank

Autumnsky 03-13-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang running back 88 (Post 2383562)
Trying to get guppies to breed in 20 g and cleaning a mixed 75g cichlid tank

If there are males and females in the same tank they're breeding!!! ;)

What kind(s) do you have? Females could already be preggo if they were recently purchased...

Have you bred guppies before?
***************************************

Did pwc on OEBT tank, watched a couple of them swim and hide. Pwc on 37G and pwc on recovering betta tank. Watched the fish a little in all the tanks to see how everyone was doing.

Yesterday, added a M & a F Fiddler Crabs into my 72G. They have driftwood to crawl out on, and I will be getting them a cork /or other island to bask on next week. It will be interesting to see if the mystery snails crawl up there and lay eggs and if the crabs want to eat the eggs. Adding some salt to the tank to help them along. Guy I got them from at lfs says his are 3 years old like that in his aquarium. My daughter fell in love with them. In a few weeks if they seem to be getting along in the tank, I will likely get a couple more females, otherwise back to the lfs.

Moving my 9 Blue Tetras over to the 72G today from the QT.
They love chasing each other at lightning speed, they are really going to love the 48" of horizontal racing room!!

Convict2161 03-13-2013 04:28 PM

Whelp! Another 50% water change on my African tank. All is clear and looking good!! I plan on stopping Friday. So that will be the massive water change and hopefully all will be ok. This is day 13 of ich battle. No losses so that's a good thing.

Now I wait....

Kowalski 03-13-2013 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bagged

2 Tiger Barbs
3 sepae tetras
2 black skirts
2 angels
1 red paradise gourami
1 banded/striped lepernascus I think

All being taken to a new home.
I'm not sure if I'm keeping the juvenile convicts I have. I'm thinking the peacocks and electric yellows will be better

molliwopp 03-13-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowalski (Post 2383610)
Bagged

2 Tiger Barbs
3 sepae tetras
2 black skirts
2 angels
1 red paradise gourami
1 banded/striped lepernascus I think

All being taken to a new home.
I'm not sure if I'm keeping the juvenile convicts I have. I'm thinking the peacocks and electric yellows will be better

Mixing tetra, barbs and angels with cichlids? Your tetra and barbs should ideally be in schools. Tiger barbs are nasty little things look out. But id be more worried about you cichlid mixing and your tank size.

Tetra1990 03-13-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2382784)
Stopped by my LFS and asked the lady who runs it to order me 6 female Bettas, 2 crown tails, 2 half moons, and 2 veiltails. And she has the white sand I need coming in so she didn't have to order that. I can pick it all up Friday.

Put a marble sized mystery snail in my crayfish tank to work on the algae, and I'm pretty sure he got grabbed by the momma cray within a minute. I was hoping it would be big enough to make it. Guess not.

Sorry 'bout your snail. Crays will attempt to eat anything!

Tetra1990 03-13-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161 (Post 2383605)
Whelp! Another 50% water change on my African tank. All is clear and looking good!! I plan on stopping Friday. So that will be the massive water change and hopefully all will be ok. This is day 13 of ich battle. No losses so that's a good thing.

Now I wait....

The fight is almost over!

Alyxx 03-13-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2383641)

Sorry 'bout your snail. Crays will attempt to eat anything!

Yup. I mean, I have tons of snails. I'm just disappointed that something's not in there eating the algae. But I'm going to be moving the cfl that's in that tank to my 10 gallon. It's just too much light for the 5. Algae is kind of overwhelming it, and the plants that I put it in there for have been devoured.

Kowalski 03-13-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2383619)

Mixing tetra, barbs and angels with cichlids? Your tetra and barbs should ideally be in schools. Tiger barbs are nasty little things look out. But id be more worried about you cichlid mixing and your tank size.

The convicts were max 2 inch and I was giving these fish away to my friend

molliwopp 03-13-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowalski (Post 2383692)

The convicts were max 2 inch and I was giving these fish away to my friend

You mentioned yellow labs and peacocks too? Mixing tetra ect with africans is a bad idea.

Kowalski 03-13-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2383698)

You mentioned yellow labs and peacocks too? Mixing tetra ect with africans is a bad idea.

I never said I was keeping any of the tetras. All I have now is the convict cichlids. I am planning on getting some in the new tank I have.

molliwopp 03-13-2013 05:34 PM

Ok well forgive me for misreading or misunderstanding your post.

98kshooter 03-13-2013 07:02 PM

After changing some water, looks like time to clean the filter. Waiting to get a Flat rate box to ship out a ton of plants that are now annoying me!:blink:

Shane fish 03-13-2013 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I did a 60 litre partial water change for my 14 year old synspilum :)

jmay33 03-13-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane fish (Post 2383853)
Today I did a 60 litre partial water change for my 14 year old synspilum :)

Amazing fish!

apet66 03-13-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane fish (Post 2383853)
Today I did a 60 litre partial water change for my 14 year old synspilum :)

That is an awesome fish! Have you had him the entire 14 years?

bobofishman 03-13-2013 09:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful fish I love seeing older fish .... I have a 8 year old jack Dempsey

Attachment 159206



Attachment 159207

kjacks 03-13-2013 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added water to 55g and a filter and a heater then added some decor. Rearranged the 125g some.. i just dont seem to have a vision of what i want this tank to look like and that bugs me so here is what i came up with after an hour .. still not happy with it yet.

Tetra1990 03-13-2013 09:42 PM

Water change and added ferts to both tanks. I'm happy when my my tanks are nice and clean.

cbourg746 03-13-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2384144)
Added water to 55g and a filter and a heater then added some decor. Rearranged the 125g some.. i just dont seem to have a vision of what i want this tank to look like and that bugs me so here is what i came up with after an hour .. still not happy with it yet.

Never been a fan of the cichlid stones. IMO you should go for some pieces of slate stacked and staggered with a few pieces of manzanite driftwood.

Convict2161 03-13-2013 09:51 PM

I like the cichlid stones and use them. May I suggest something along the lines of what the above poster suggested. Use some other rocks, slate and driftwood. Hide the cichlid stones but use them as I believe they come in handy.

Here's my tank. I have about 12 cichlid stones. Bet you can't see many ;)

Also you'll notice the front is wide open for free swim and chasing :)

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...bums11717.html

Alyxx 03-13-2013 09:56 PM

Emptied my 10 gallon, moved the baby snails into a floating breeder box in my main tank, and dropped the filter into my main tank to stay wet. Then I went at the 10 gallon with vinegar and a razor blade and cleaned it up to start painting it. Then I realized that I don't actually have any silver paint like I thought I did, so I wasn't really able to finish it. I did get some metallic lavender lines done. Tomorrow I'm getting the silver paint to make some silver accents. Then I can do the white, let it dry and fill it up. Friday I'll be able to put the sand in and finish it off.

jmay33 03-13-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2384154)

Never been a fan of the cichlid stones. IMO you should go for some pieces of slate stacked and staggered with a few pieces of manzanite driftwood.

+1 on the slate rock. My tank was only 30 gallons, but here is a video and some pics of my slate rock. The cichlids love it, it's inexpensive, and I think it would be kind of cool to mix with the cichlid stones and drift wood. I've already rehomed the fish because I learned about stunting.

https://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...1BC2FB79E1.mp4

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...22ec6b1e1c.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...5d86162210.jpg

SKB 03-13-2013 10:07 PM

It's not really something I did today but something I've been working on for a while and today and yesterday my fish responded! My gold saum has been pretty strict on cichlid flakes only, but id make sure to throw in some krill/blood worms/shrimp pellets in for a feeding daily even if he won't eat it. I'd end up scooping it out. Eventually he started eating it, probably realizing if he doesn't eat it, he doesn't eat a second feeding a day. Now he acts like he loves it! I actually will put a diff container up to my tank and whether its me imagining things or not, I give him the food he wiggles more for! Haha I love it!

kjacks 03-13-2013 10:22 PM

Im planning on gettting more slate once the local stores start carrying it again which should be soon . I like the stones just liked them better in the 55g as i stavked them better imo.. i think i want plants for added color but know thats not gonna last so idk ill have to get motivated and inspired

Crawdaddy 03-13-2013 10:27 PM

Added a sponge filter to my 55. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, plus the bubbles from it are pretty bad. I put a valve on the air line to regulate it some. I figured that this would work for any qt tank I might need to set up later.

Autumnsky 03-14-2013 04:42 PM

Added the 9 Blue Tetras to the 72G. One was really hard to catch, and I feel bad, SUPER stressed.

Did a 30 gallon pwc on the 72G.

After seeing the Blue Tetras in the tank, I decided I have TOO many small fish
The link for the 72G is below.

I ran out of new pic space so I need to rearrange some pics and don't have time right now to add one more pic.

I will in a couple days.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post2372462

I think I will move my Pearl Gourami male in there and then see about maybe adding a couple of females. The huge blue Gourami is in there but I will be switching him from 72G to 37G. He hides in the back alot and never can see him. The Pearl Gourami would add a large bright focal point in the dark tank.

Tetra1990 03-14-2013 05:09 PM

Last night my smaller Bolivian ram was following my finger all over the glass. It usually comes to greet me but it was really in to me last night. After the type of day I had at work today, I'm just gonna admire both tanks, so relaxing:)

rider6 03-14-2013 05:26 PM

A few days late but we started up a 10 gal for goldfish, and tomarrow I pick up my biocube to add to the circus....

jmay33 03-14-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider6 (Post 2385462)
A few days late but we started up a 10 gal for goldfish, and tomarrow I pick up my biocube to add to the circus....

What kind of goldfish in the 10 gallon? I don't think there is a type of goldfish that should be kept in a 10 gallon. I may be wrong.

kjacks 03-14-2013 05:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my new dwarf petricolas in today added them to the tank.. then swapped my otos,cories, n gourami into the 55g need more fish or that tank now to and planning on adding a blue crayfish to the now empty 20g.. (well fish empty) .. added a pic of my nyererei showing off for his female.. couldnt resist



Attachment 159451



Attachment 159450



Attachment 159452



Attachment 159453


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.