Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Alyxx 03-14-2013 06:20 PM

Scrapped the bit of painting I did on my 10 gallon last night. Just didn't care for how it looked. So now I'm starting over, painting a light silver filigree and I'm topping that with white metallic paint. Should look pretty cool.

Kowalski 03-14-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2385492)
Got my new dwarf petricolas in today added them to the tank.. then swapped my otos,cories, n gourami into the 55g need more fish or that tank now to and planning on adding a blue crayfish to the now empty 20g.. (well fish empty) .. added a pic of my nyererei showing off for his female.. couldnt resist

What fish is the third picture, its amazing!

kjacks 03-14-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kowalski (Post 2385593)

What fish is the third picture, its amazing!

Its my pundamilia nyererei ruti island male... he is a monster but he is soo gorgeous i luv him.. i have another vic male that is just as gorgeous but cant get a good pic of him to show off :(

Edit: not another p. Nyererei male just anothe vic

rider6 03-14-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2385467)

What kind of goldfish in the 10 gallon? I don't think there is a type of goldfish that should be kept in a 10 gallon. I may be wrong.

2 fancy and 1 blackmore...but they are around an inch and ahalf...we plan on moving them once they get alil bigger...

Alyxx 03-14-2013 07:00 PM

Scrapped my new paint job as well. It was too drippy.

And in other news, the snail that I was sure got eaten by the cray is alive and kicking! Well, cruising along the glass at least.

Kowalski 03-14-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2385601)

Its my pundamilia nyererei ruti island male... he is a monster but he is soo gorgeous i luv him.. i have another vic male that is just as gorgeous but cant get a good pic of him to show off :(

Edit: not another p. Nyererei male just anothe vic

How big do they get? I'm thinking about getting myself one

jmay33 03-14-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider6 (Post 2385620)

2 fancy and 1 blackmore...but they are around an inch and ahalf...we plan on moving them once they get alil bigger...

Well, that's good. Just be careful because no one really knows exactly when stunting happens. Pretty fish though. :) good luck!

98kshooter 03-14-2013 09:20 PM

Geez... spent an hour replanting what these stupid snails uprooted! Dog-gone hitchhikers came in on a plant even AFTER some washes.....they do an awesome cleanup job, but are creating havoc with the plantings as the burrow into the substrate. Caught a bunch of them and exiled them to the Betta tanks where damage will be minimal and cleanup is needed! Now just time to relax and watch the antics of the fish.....then tomorrow PWC thinking a 50% if I don't have to go get water conditioner...hope there is enough

molliwopp 03-14-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98kshooter (Post 2385900)
Geez... spent an hour replanting what these stupid snails uprooted! Dog-gone hitchhikers came in on a plant even AFTER some washes.....they do an awesome cleanup job, but are creating havoc with the plantings as the burrow into the substrate. Caught a bunch of them and exiled them to the Betta tanks where damage will be minimal and cleanup is needed! Now just time to relax and watch the antics of the fish.....then tomorrow PWC thinking a 50% if I don't have to go get water conditioner...hope there is enough

Lol snails jeez ive got loads and theyre so annoying, breeding almost as soon as they hatch. Im ashamed to admit it but when they get to a certain size their life ends:(:(:( first few times i was like noo im not doing it and would put them back into the tank, but now they get flushed im ashamed to say... Dont judge me. Its either that or i let them over tank my tank, i dont think ill ever get rid of the totally though theyre to **** shady.

Alyxx 03-14-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2385959)

Lol snails jeez ive got loads and theyre so annoying, breeding almost as soon as they hatch. Im ashamed to admit it but when they get to a certain size their life ends:(:(:( first few times i was like noo im not doing it and would put them back into the tank, but now they get flushed im ashamed to say... Dont judge me

I keep mine around til they get to a certain size, too. Then they are puffer food!

jmay33 03-14-2013 09:58 PM

When I had FW I fed the snails to my crayfish.

abrinn23 03-14-2013 09:59 PM

Water changes on both 75 gallons and the 10 gallon shrimp tank.

98kshooter 03-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2385959)
Lol snails jeez ive got loads and theyre so annoying, breeding almost as soon as they hatch. Im ashamed to admit it but when they get to a certain size their life ends:(:(:( first few times i was like noo im not doing it and would put them back into the tank, but now they get flushed im ashamed to say... Dont judge me. Its either that or i let them over tank my tank, i dont think ill ever get rid of the totally though theyre to **** shady.

No judging here.....Mine will get SOME sort of harsh treatment if they don't stop!:cool: I can only exile so many to the betta tanks! Or I can give em away to all who want them. Don't know much about them a Ramshorn of some sort Not planted tank friendly that's for sure!!!1:fish2:

98kshooter 03-14-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2385968)
When I had FW I fed the snails to my crayfish.

Hmmm a crayfish.....Interesting... he would have a banquet in there and I DO kinda want one, but I am afraid he would just replace the snails as plant wreckers. I do know from keeping wild ones, they LOve digging! Would love to have one, maybe in another tank....oh hey! Excuse to get ANOTHER TANK!!!!:blink:

kjacks 03-14-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98kshooter (Post 2386006)

Hmmm a crayfish.....Interesting... he would have a banquet in there and I DO kinda want one, but I am afraid he would just replace the snails as plant wreckers. I do know from keeping wild ones, they LOve digging! Would love to have one, maybe in another tank....oh hey! Excuse to get ANOTHER TANK!!:blink:

My husband wants a blue one used it as an excuse to swap my cories n stuff over to the 55g n make the 20g a blue crayfish for the hubby... it soo worked.. good luck

jmay33 03-14-2013 10:36 PM

LOVE blue crayfish. That was actually my first aquarium getting into the hobby. They will root plants up. Definitely a good guy to have in a species only tank. :) they're so fun. One of these days I want a 75-100 gallon tank that looks like a creek bed. Crawfish and minnows or guppies....one of these days... :)

cbourg746 03-14-2013 10:42 PM

So funny to see people refer to them as crayfish! Here in south Louisiana we call them crawfish!

jmay33 03-14-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2386077)
So funny to see people refer to them as crayfish! Here in south Louisiana we call them crawfish!

Technically I call them crawdads. Lol. The Texan in me. For the purposes of that post I said crayfish. :)

cbourg746 03-14-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2386105)

Technically I call them crawdads. Lol. The Texan in me. For the purposes of that post I said crayfish. :)

No matter what we call them they sure taste good with a cold miller lite!!!!

jmay33 03-14-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2386077)

jmay33 03-14-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2386110)

Literally did that today! Except with a coors. :) lol

Alyxx 03-14-2013 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Agreed. Actually, crawfish are one of the few things I will drink miller or bud with. I'm a picky beer drinker; blue moon, Guinness, or some German beers are all I usually drink.

I have a marbled crawfish/crayfish/crawdad, lol. And her zillion babies. I will probably set up a really big breeding tank for them one of these days. They do destroy plants, though. I tried planting it just to see what would happen and they all got eaten.

I didn't do much actual tank maintenance today, but I got my 10 gallon painted for my new betta who should arrive very soon from aquabid. Cbourg, it's the one you gave me! Looks pretty nice, but it will look a lot better tomorrow when I can get some sand and water into it, lol.

Attachment 159555

kjacks 03-14-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Yea i always call them crawfish too.. but i know they are technically crayfish when you find them in the hobby.. lol

I plan on eating some red ones soon .. lol yum

Alyxx 03-14-2013 11:09 PM

Ok, I'm angry. Just got a message from the aquabid seller I ordered the fish from saying he was mistaken and the fish I bought was sold and he doesn't have any other black ones in stock. Back to aquabid, I guess. Maybe I can find another one who will look so nice in a white tank...

kjacks 03-14-2013 11:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Looked in my tank and noticed i now have a female nyerersi holding.. this will be the first time my babies are having babies.. im excited n not so excited all at once

Hubbys excited he saw her before i did. But i have been watching since i moved them over to the big tank i knew the temp change n water level drop while they were n the containers was gonna do the trick n did...

Attachment 159574

Attachment 159573

New2me 03-15-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2386148)
Ok, I'm angry. Just got a message from the aquabid seller I ordered the fish from saying he was mistaken and the fish I bought was sold and he doesn't have any other black ones in stock. Back to aquabid, I guess. Maybe I can find another one who will look so nice in a white tank...

Oh no!! V frustrating for u, he was a beauty :-( hope u find something else soon!!

bigbanker 03-15-2013 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Adding coral!

Attachment 159631

tarheel92 03-15-2013 02:55 PM

Well my eBay fluval 306 came today! It looks to be in great condition, ran 5 gallons through it (using buckets) and no leaks!

It came with all of the media in it, but since I don't know the buyer I'm guessing I should just toss it and buy some new stuff to make sure there aren't any diseases tagging along?

molliwopp 03-15-2013 03:21 PM

Yeah.. I would probably would do the same. Im glad its all working for you. How much are you now going to have to spwnd on media?

How dirty is the media? How soon do you need to use the filter? You could soak them in white vinegar For a week and then in hot water for another. If theyre really dirty chuck em

tarheel92 03-15-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2386982)
Yeah.. I would probably would do the same. Im glad its all working for you. How much are you now going to have to spwnd on media?

How dirty is the media? How soon do you need to use the filter? You could soak them in white vinegar For a week and then in hot water for another. If theyre really dirty chuck em

The media actually doesn't look very dirty at all. There was what seemed to me some sand grains floating around the canister that I cleaned out, but the sponges and bio rings all look pretty clean, so I definitely don't think it was used very long.

I need to use the filter next week though to start cycling my tank, and it'll cost like $30 for new media.

molliwopp 03-15-2013 03:39 PM

If it were me, IMO id reuse the sponges and get new ceramics. You dont have to buy fluvals media but the sponges you probably would for a better fit. Id still recommend a deep clean soak though. Might even be worth getting some white vinegar, salt and a brush and having a scrub at the filter.

*edit. They look clean to me.. Would be a waste to throw them out. Id still be weiry of the ceramics though.

tarheel92 03-15-2013 03:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are photos of the media:

Attachment 159706

Attachment 159708

Attachment 159709

tarheel92 03-15-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2387001)
If it were me, IMO id reuse the sponges and get new ceramics. You dont have to buy fluvals media but the sponges you probably would for a better fit. Id still recommend a deep clean soak though. Might even be worth getting some white vinegar, salt and a brush and having a scrub at the filter.

*edit. They look clean to me.. Would be a waste to throw them out. Id still be weiry of the ceramics though.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll just give the sponges a good rinse and buy new ceramic rings. Now to just get some purigen and polyfil to replace the carbon that came with it!

Edit: Even with new ceramics, I'm still ending up with a fluvial 306 for $85. SCORE.

kjacks 03-15-2013 09:44 PM

Picked up some angels today.. i picked one n my husband picked one.. he is coming along n doing more and more with the hobby which is good and bad bc now i gotta get fish he likes too..

kjacks 03-15-2013 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo ddnt attach ..

Attachment 159833

apet66 03-15-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2387576)
Picked up some angels today.. i picked one n my husband picked one.. he is coming along n doing more and more with the hobby which is good and bad bc now i gotta get fish he likes too..

Sounds like you need his and hers aquariums. You may want to work that into your next bargaining agreement. Lol

Mumma.of.two 03-16-2013 12:13 AM

Today I removed every single rock from my 70g African tank to catch ONE female. Total nightmare but gave me a good excuse to completely rearrange the rockwork.

Alyxx 03-16-2013 03:04 AM

Water changes! I'm watching my 56 drain right now. Man I love having a water changer. Vac the sand then sit back and watch the water drain away

kjacks 03-16-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apet66 (Post 2387595)

Sounds like you need his and hers aquariums. You may want to work that into your next bargaining agreement. Lol

Yea .. he is fixing to have his own for his blue crayfish/crawfish .. lol we have 3 tanks in our living room.. which is cramped bc we have a single wide trailor now. i did talk him in to tryin neon tetras with his tank n see how that works been told its a 50/50 as the blue will eat fish.. he is killing me with all the albinos he wants ..

Ordered 4 albino socolofi , 4 albino ob zebras, added 2 more albino cories to the 55g , n he wants a white crayfish/crawfish in a 10g.. i dont like any of those but the socolofi which i talked him into over the albino zebras.. :/ they arrive thursday along with some more i choose
4 pseudo. Chasoli , 4 pseudo. macrothalmus ob , 3 cyno. Zebroid yellow blaze (got a male already)

Cant wait to get them in ..

98kshooter 03-16-2013 11:12 AM

Day 2 in the "Brown Algae wars" With the lights off and the double dose of Excel...it seems to be receding a substantial amount! I will add an Oto or 2 today after a trip to my very lfs. New bettas, girl and boy, are adapting nicely. I found about a 2 gal bowl for the new guy and he Loves it...(an old cookie jar, glass and very see thru, just need to drop a few plants in for him) Hope I can find another cookie jar like this, might make a nice breeder/fry tank! Maybe they got like a 3 gal. size.
On other fronts, the snail war is still on! I have removed another 6 from the tank and still I find floating plants! I will keep removing them until I finally break down and change the substrate like I want

New2me 03-16-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2387958)
Water changes! I'm watching my 56 drain right now. Man I love having a water changer. Vac the sand then sit back and watch the water drain away

Me too!! Thought I was strange....but love the gravel vac and watching all the yuk get sucked away!!! Tempted to do a bit often :-/

Alyxx 03-16-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2388185)

. lol we have 3 tanks in our living room.. which is cramped bc we have a single wide trailor now.

Ouch, I'm living in one of those too right now, and I can't imagine 3 tanks of any size in just the living room. I've got mine kind of spread out in different rooms to make it work. Also kind of planning on slowly turning an extra bedroom into a fish room, hehe...

If all goes as planned I will be picking up and acclimating 6 female Bettas. Going to try a sorority again, this time in a much bigger tank. Also picking up my white sand and getting it in my 10 gallon. If I can get a ride to the LFS.

Edit - I have a ride to the LFS! So, looks like a day of sand rinsing and fish acclimating is go! I hope the lady at the fish store got some pretty girls for me!

Edit - got everyone home, cups are floating in the tank. Not looking forward to rinsing sand, though...

jmay33 03-17-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2388185)

Yea .. he is fixing to have his own for his blue crayfish/crawfish .. lol we have 3 tanks in our living room.. which is cramped bc we have a single wide trailor now. i did talk him in to tryin neon tetras with his tank n see how that works been told its a 50/50 as the blue will eat fish.. he is killing me with all the albinos he wants ..

Ordered 4 albino socolofi , 4 albino ob zebras, added 2 more albino cories to the 55g , n he wants a white crayfish/crawfish in a 10g.. i dont like any of those but the socolofi which i talked him into over the albino zebras.. :/ they arrive thursday along with some more i choose
4 pseudo. Chasoli , 4 pseudo. macrothalmus ob , 3 cyno. Zebroid yellow blaze (got a male already)

Cant wait to get them in ..

A crawfish will eat anything and everything most of the time. Good luck!

shellyx 03-17-2013 10:20 AM

50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. 40 % clean on my elephant nose tank and rinsed filters.

kjacks 03-17-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2389775)

A crawfish will eat anything and everything most of the time. Good luck!

Thanks im sure we will need it

BBradbury 03-17-2013 02:03 PM

Water Changes

Hello Aa..

Just water changes as usual. I change out half the tank water every week. Water is really cheap. I've found over the years, that by changing out that much water every week, I never have to test the water chemistry. I know it's always stable. I think the reason for the constant stability, is that in just 7 days, there's no time for wastes to build up in the water, before the next large change.

The large, frequent water changes mean I don't have to buy expensive testing equipment or high end filtration gear. The small filters I use, are just filtering water that's already clean. Saves me money for another tank or some more plants and possibly more Corydoras, I have six species. They really thrive in the pure water conditions.

Just an observation.

B

rider6 03-17-2013 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started up tank number 4...its going to be a reef!

phishfriend 03-17-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider6 (Post 2390366)
Started up tank number 4...its going to be a reef!

Why did you add skim mike to the water??? JK:lol:

jmay33 03-17-2013 05:04 PM

Some new additions in my 55 gallon reef tank. :) https://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...2992A037EA.mp4

phishfriend 03-17-2013 05:34 PM

Finally got to remove the rock holding down the monster driftwood.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture53412.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture53414.jpg

Bearchumjs 03-17-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishfriend (Post 2390431)
Finally got to remove the rock holding down the monster driftwood.

Awesome! I have a piece that's been in my 55 for a year and it still floats a little. Lol!

bigbanker 03-17-2013 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My babies.

Attachment 160333

Sheldon. He lives in the ten gallon with two male guppies.

Attachment 160334

shellyx 03-17-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbanker (Post 2390484)
My babies.

Sheldon. He lives in the ten gallon with two male guppies.

Really nice :)

Alyxx 03-17-2013 06:36 PM

50% water change on the 10 gallon betta tank that is currently housing Lucky. He got kicked out of the 56 gallon to make way for the girls, although I had been wanting to move him for a little while now, as he seems to have damaged his fins in there and developed a mild case of fin rot. So he is being pampered right now, and soon I will be getting him his own tank, seeing as this one is earmarked for the black betta I have on order from aquabid who won't be here for a few weeks. For now he is helping keep it cycled. I have plans for multiple 5-10 gallons painted to accent the betta in it. He is red with slight green iridescence so I'm thinking green. He looked great in the green backed community tank. He just needs a tank with less flow than my over filtered 56.

bigbanker 03-17-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2390502)

Really nice :)

Thank you!

Athaocity 03-17-2013 06:49 PM

bought and planted money worts. and a bundle of lucky bamboo!

98kshooter 03-17-2013 07:22 PM

Day 4 of the war on brown Algae. Picked up 2 Otos at the LFS....he only had 2 scrawny little ones..well .. not any more... they are well fed and happy. And the brown Algae is on the retreat. More snails were caught and exiled....I have alot of baby ones, and fear I will be catching alot more

rider6 03-17-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishfriend (Post 2390370)

Why did you add skim mike to the water??? JK:lol:

Your not supposed to use milk??? I thought that was good for corals...something about calcuim....hahahahahah

Tetra1990 03-17-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98kshooter (Post 2390634)
Day 4 of the war on brown Algae. Picked up 2 Otos at the LFS....he only had 2 scrawny little ones..well .. not any more... they are well fed and happy. And the brown Algae is on the retreat. More snails were caught and exiled....I have alot of baby ones, and fear I will be catching alot more

Yeah, I'm with you on the snails. Last Sunday I pulled around a thousand tiny mts out of my 29 gallon. I'm def. Winning the battle, but I'm sure that I'll never win the war.

98kshooter 03-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2390685)
Yeah, I'm with you on the snails. Last Sunday I pulled around a thousand tiny mts out of my 29 gallon. I'm def. Winning the battle, but I'm sure that I'll never win the war.

I hear ya! LOL I am on the verge of just changing substrate to rid myself of the little buggers! And its a planted tank so so much work involved there! And having to dip all plants and recycle Blah! The little pests wont win!:thumb:

molliwopp 03-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98kshooter (Post 2390694)

I hear ya! LOL I am on the verge of just changing substrate to rid myself of the little buggers! And its a planted tank so so much work involved there! And having to dip all plants and recycle Blah! The little pests wont win!:thumb:

Lol even if you did, one would find its way back into the tank some how! How do you get rid of something that can breed with itself. My tank has had them since day 3 and ive tryed my best to get rid of them, now ive just given up and get rid when they get big enough.

Tetra1990 03-17-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2390702)

Lol even if you did, one would find its way back into the tank some how! How do you get rid of something that can breed with itself. My tank has had them since day 3 and ive tryed my best to get rid of them, now ive just given up and get rid when they get big enough.

That's why I have assassin snails to get the big ones. But when you have so many tiny ones that it looks like your sand is moving. You need to take drastic measures. I've broken down my tank once to change to sand and I really don't wanna do it again till I move.

Valina 03-17-2013 11:14 PM

My son and I drained my 26 gallon 75% - removed fish, ornaments and plants - took out half the river rock and added eco-complete planted black. Refilled, added plants and ornaments back in - ran filter for an hour with several rinses, then finally added fish back in....

Then I sat back and drank a beverage or 2... lol

Not to be outdone by the 26, we totally drained the 10 gallon after removing plants, ornaments, and fish/ADFs. Dumped the sand and rinsed tank thoroughly. Added 1/2 Eco-complete - 1/2 gravel from 26 gal. Added water, plants, wood and eventually fish/ADFs.

Can you say.....TIRED!! :D

98kshooter 03-18-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2390734)
That's why I have assassin snails to get the big ones. But when you have so many tiny ones that it looks like your sand is moving. You need to take drastic measures. I've broken down my tank once to change to sand and I really don't wanna do it again till I move.

Yes! an assassin snail! Might do the trick but the poor little guy would die from being overworked.:rofl: Today, my fish were slow to wake up...just like me on a chilly, rainy day. Only the third shifters were finishing the clean up, when this third shifter got home...when I kicked on the lights, the shrimp and the Otos were busy... everyone else was crashed out.. well except Guinevere and Elizabeth..the 2 female bettas who as always, were waiting for me and the food. Between the Light restrictions, the double Co2 and the otos, the brown Algae war is just about over... but this snail thing it ain't over yet. Exiled a few more to the betta tanks!:banghead:

Tetra1990 03-18-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98kshooter (Post 2391484)

Yes! an assassin snail! Might do the trick but the poor little guy would die from being overworked.:rofl: Today, my fish were slow to wake up...just like me on a chilly, rainy day. Only the third shifters were finishing the clean up, when this third shifter got home...when I kicked on the lights, the shrimp and the Otos were busy... everyone else was crashed out.. well except Guinevere and Elizabeth..the 2 female bettas who as always, were waiting for me and the food. Between the Light restrictions, the double Co2 and the otos, the brown Algae war is just about over... but this snail thing it ain't over yet. Exiled a few more to the betta tanks!:banghead:

Yep, my freezer has a few ziplock baggies full of frozen snails. Kind of cryptic, but I don't care.

molliwopp 03-18-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2391981)

Yep, my freezer has a few ziplock baggies full of frozen snails. Kind of cryptic, but I don't care.

Lol thats funny, what some more?

Tetra1990 03-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2392453)

Lol thats funny, what some more?

More ziplock bags or snails? Bags, yes. Snails, heck no!

cbourg746 03-19-2013 01:07 AM

Water changes on the 110, both 55's, both 28's, both 29's, the 5g betta tank and the 75. I'm pooped considering I did this all after working all day and attending dale carnegie class tonight.

noelllll 03-19-2013 01:19 AM

Painted my (soon to be) hood for my 50 gallon tank :)
Also bought a BioMax filter insert.
Starting to get excited getting close to being able to add fish! haha

shellyx 03-19-2013 11:59 AM

Added new bogwood to my elephant nose tank it came through the post. The label on it said for Cichilds? Now I'm concerned! It also has a screw in the bottom to hold the top in place. confused! Well added my old piece to my bettas tank but not sure if i like it.

tarheel92 03-19-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2393377)
Added new bogwood to my elephant nose tank it came through the post. The label on it said for Cichilds? Now I'm concerned! It also has a screw in the bottom to hold the top in place. confused! Well added my old piece to my bettas tank but not sure if i like it.

I have a feeling the label saying it for Cichlids just means that the wood won't lower the pH of the tank like some do. Can you attach a photo of the screw? It might be to attach it to a slate base to help it sink.

shellyx 03-19-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel92 (Post 2393798)
I have a feeling the label saying it for Cichlids just means that the wood won't lower the pH of the tank like some do. Can you attach a photo of the screw? It might be to attach it to a slate base to help it sink.

If it doesn't lower the ph that's good, spoken to the seller he said the screw is stainless steel and it's a 316 marine whatever that means lol i would post pic but I put it in to my tank 10 minutes ago and my light is off sorry! The screw was on the wooden base to hold the top part so it stands up. Thank you for your help

Tetra1990 03-19-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2393812)

If it doesn't lower the ph that's good, spoken to the seller he said the screw is stainless steel and it's a 316 marine whatever that means lol i would post pic but I put it in to my tank 10 minutes ago and my light is off sorry! The screw was on the wooden base to hold the top part so it stands up. Thank you for your help

If it's stainless, then I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it.

Bearchumjs 03-19-2013 05:51 PM

Just did a 65% pwc on my 55. The 2 guppies in there are happy!

Rare 03-19-2013 06:09 PM

80% PWC; I will be doing 2 PWC every week. Tues will be the gravel/glass/filter etc work & Sat will be just a water change. I added what will be the last of holey rocks in the aquarium & another piece of drift wood. Moved the spray bar dirction more above and cichlids are now swimming more above than before.

shellyx 03-19-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2393818)

If it's stainless, then I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it.

Thanks i will:)

kjacks 03-19-2013 06:26 PM

Ordering a water changer no more buckets for this girl after this week anyway.. the 125g water change is lots of work with buckets.

Did a pwc on the 125g ..package arrived today with all my new goodies. I got digital therms for all tanks , food / snacks for every animal we have . Stuff for the crayfish/ crawfish tank ... fixing to order some meds to keep on hand in case of emergency in my tanks.. locally i have really nothing available.. my fish shipped today so ill have them thursday ::dance dance:: i accidently over ordered n now have like 10 or so more fish thn i wanted but we will see how it goes ..

RAH 03-20-2013 12:37 PM

50% water change on my 55 thank u phython for making my life easier

shellyx 03-20-2013 03:37 PM

Early water changes on both my tanks today. Put my cana snail in my elephant nose tank as he's getting huge! My elephant nose took one look at him and legged it lol he's one strange fish :)

Bearchumjs 03-20-2013 07:59 PM

50% pwc on the 35 hex, pruned damaged leaves from plants. It looks really nice! Also wiped the inside glass on my 10 gal nano reef. All 3 tanks look marvelous. :)

kjacks 03-20-2013 08:26 PM

Did small water changes on all 3 tanks.. removed driftwood piece from the 55g it was gettin food trapped under it yuck... setup all my new goodies and am just getting things ready for my new fish.. bought some new food cobalt so far its ok all fish love it so will see ..

98kshooter 03-20-2013 08:50 PM

Looked online for cheap 20 Gal setup....time for a new tank... will scour the LFS as well will be moving stock so no new additions just yet

shellyx 03-21-2013 10:40 AM

Added my 3 albino cories to my elephant nose tank as i got up this morning and all of them had been bleeding and bites out of their tails i think my betta has decided he doesn't want company anymore!

Autumnsky 03-21-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2396454)
Added my 3 albino cories to my elephant nose tank as i got up this morning and all of them had been bleeding and bites out of their tails i think my betta has decided he doesn't want company anymore!

Poor little guys! I had a Betta living, it seemed happily for a couple of months, with some African Dwarf Frogs they had a little rock cave hideout too, just in case, then one day there was a spot on one and a couple days later, I see him dive bomb one. So you just never know!

This week has been hectic as will next week too. Thought I would have the time but didn't so will be moving two tanks in the next couple days, 16G and 2.5 OEBT and my 6.6G Edge and Betta.

Added water to everything did a 1/3rd pwc on my 72G.

Found the Blue Rainbow Patties with at least 5 babies in there, in the QT tank.

Had a bit of a laugh since my thought-to-be dwarf Vals are growing to be a foot plus tall!!! Maybe they are mixed since some ARE staying small.

One of my new Tiger Lily bulbs has 15 leaves on it now and several of them are floating on the surface.

My 37G tank which had damaged plants from the heat and salt from treating my Ich is coming back. I got my new packs of Ferka Stemma and Rosetta and there are new nice green leaves everywhere, like it is spring time. Next to the half dead skeletonized sick ones, so I guess when I finally move it over to the new house, I will rescape it with new Garnet sand and trim all the old and everything will have a new start!

Finally, I found a flower shoot on one of my small Swords, in the 72G, Eco-Complete substrate, with Ferka substrate ferts added., it is appx. 3 inches from the surface.

Maybe I should half ignore my tanks more often!!!

Sorry this is so long!

tarheel92 03-21-2013 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I finally planted my tank!

Attachment 161198

Alyxx 03-21-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel92 (Post 2396999)

Looks great!

98kshooter 03-21-2013 06:48 PM

Replanted the damage the snails have done....geez I am getting tired of them things! So tired some of them got exiled again....Added 10 RCS to the clean up crew as it only had a few yellows and a couple ghosties left...discovered one of the rainbows musta go spooked and jumped out, found him but too late:( Now it is off to the LFS to see about that 20gal!

phishfriend 03-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel92 (Post 2396999)

Looks good!!

kjacks 03-21-2013 08:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my babies in today.. some where too small for the 125g so i had to stick them in the 20g til they grow some.. gonna get the 10g up n running for the crayfish/crawfish we have coming next week.. had a few small fish the hubby let in the 125 manage to rescue all but 1 in time .. ordered 19 fish they sent 7 extras so 1 possible loss out of all those isnt so bad.. my nyerereis teamed up n was on either side of it attacking noticed it then realized jamie dumped fish in the wrong tank :/

Tetra1990 03-21-2013 09:00 PM

This happened last night during feeding. I dropped in a bloodworm cube and as normal, my fish went nuts. A chunk came off any my female bolivian ram hit it like a freight train. In the time that I have had her, she has never taken to eating bloodworms. Maybe now she likes them. Today was water changes on both tanks. as soon as I move in a few months, I'll be setting up my 55 gallon!

SKB 03-21-2013 10:01 PM

I moved things around In my 20 gallon tank and added a cichlid stone from another tank.

98kshooter 03-21-2013 10:02 PM

Still on the 20 gal hunt..... added a few new plants and spent time planning the 20's Aquascape. It will be planted from overgrowth from the ten, heh AFTER a dip in algacide which will KILL snails as well....they will not get in the 20 gal! "they shall not pass!"

SKB 03-21-2013 10:04 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKB (Post 2397523)
I moved things around In my 20 gallon tank and added a cichlid stone from another tank.

Attachment 161317

Added a couple more snails

Attachment 161318

Attachment 161319

Attachment 161320

Attachment 161321
Jack dempsey I'm nursing back to health from a friend is doing better

Attachment 161322

My ghost shrimp colony. And yes, ik they are in with fish that'll eventually eat them. But that's what I bought them for. Lol but right now there breeding like crazy.

Alyxx 03-21-2013 10:37 PM

Water change on the 10 gal betta tank. And I'm in the middle of a major cleaning/rearranging of my 56. Waiting for more water to drain so I can do some arranging. Pulled out all the plastic plants and moved the big rock structure so I could vacuum everything off the sand. Pleco poop has been collecting in places I can't usually reach. Plus, I just dropped the fake plants in haphazardly to add some cover so I'm putting them in like I really want them this time around. Once I get the rest of the mystery snail babies grown up or moved out of the tank I plan on adding some real plants to replace them. I'm also arranging my driftwood a little better. I'll post pics when I'm done!

Edit - Went all out with the tank cleaning. Cleaned the filters and the glass cover, too. Looks good, but I'm waiting for the water to clear before I take pictures. Stirred up a lot of dust from the sand, but the tank is super clean.

SharpieItBlack 03-22-2013 02:16 PM

I fed my fish.... Lol though its due for a cleaning in a few days

Alyxx 03-22-2013 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As promised, pictures of the rearrangement.
Before:
Attachment 161469

After:
Attachment 161470

shellyx 03-22-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2398756)
As promised, pictures of the rearrangement.
Before:

After:

Really nice :) sorry to hear about your loss.

Alyxx 03-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2398772)

Really nice :) sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks. And I opened my front door today to find a package containing a piece of driftwood I almost forgot I ordered! And it's big. So now the project of the day is to figure out how to soak/boil this thing.

shellyx 03-22-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2398779)

Thanks. And I opened my front door today to find a package containing a piece of driftwood I almost forgot I ordered! And it's big. So now the project of the day is to figure out how to soak/boil this thing.

Have fun soaking your driftwood! One thing i don't like doing lol

Oohitsae 03-22-2013 06:27 PM

Went to Menard's, TSC, and Lowes to get some soil and sand to turn my tank over for gravel to walstad method. Oh, and I also got some new CFL's for my 2.5's.
Then went to the LFS and bought 2 more peppered cories to make a proper school of little ones. I have full grown peppered, but the Juvies don't school with them.
Then did w/c's on every tank.
Hoping to start rinsing everything tomorrow am get it into the tank on Monday.