Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Convict2161 03-31-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Hahahahahaha!!
'I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them Sam I Am.'
:D

Not on a boat, not with a goat
Not in a park, not in the dark
I will not eat them Sam I Am I will not eat green eggs and ham!!

:)

Alyxx 03-31-2012 02:26 AM

Woohoo! Done with the tank! Now to move three more tomorrow...

Malawi Freak 03-31-2012 07:37 AM

Today I'll be picking up where I left off a few days ago. Finally gonna set up the other 3 tanks in my breeding room since I finally got more black spray paint. Gotta wash sand and make some filters.

Then it's water change time for 5 tanks.

Fishy Aston 03-31-2012 08:09 AM

Changed the colour gravel.

And also managed to clug up the plug hole.
Much to my mothers displeausre :(

But the new gravel looks great and look forward to getting my 100 litre tank up and running with fish soon after it has cycled.

My little fish tank looks fab with some tetras and a bossy pleco :D

senemedar 03-31-2012 09:39 AM

Spent about three hours changing the water, trimming and re-arranging plants (with my wife's help!).
Walter's tank have a water changed and I've found my two shrimps I thought were eaten by Walter - they're gone to a big tank now!

Convict2161 03-31-2012 09:48 AM

Today thanks to SOMEBODY lol. I'll be picking up a larger power head for my 75g African tank.

Alyxx 03-31-2012 03:24 PM

I get to move more tanks today!

Malawi Freak 03-31-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161
Today thanks to SOMEBODY lol. I'll be picking up a larger power head for my 75g African tank.

Hahaha. Whoops.

chagoi 03-31-2012 04:16 PM

Cleaned the sump.

Bearchumjs 03-31-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Convict2161

Not on a boat, not with a goat
Not in a park, not in the dark
I will not eat them Sam I Am I will not eat green eggs and ham!!

:)

Have you ever tried one fish two fish red fish blue fish?

Bearchumjs 03-31-2012 04:22 PM

Thursday I emptied my entire 55 gal and refilled it. I had feeder goldfish that had all died after 3 days of buying them. After letting it run for 24 hours I went to the store yesterday and bought 5 rummy nosed tetras. I had previously seeded the first filter and last night I seeded the second smaller filter. I've been getting readings of 0-0-20 for about a week now, but thought I'd seed the second filter just to make sure I wouldn't get any kind of spikes.

rreekers 03-31-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

I think that's a much more appropriate book to read fish... Haha

smomus 04-01-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

You guys crack me up!

Alyxx 04-01-2012 02:37 PM

NOTHING! Last night, however, I broke down my 30 gallon tank, my 5 gallon tank, and my 1.5 gallon tank and moved them all to my new place, then cleaned them up with a razor blade, found spots for them, and got them all set up again. Now, to watch for the dreaded mini cycles...

rreekers 04-01-2012 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a water change in my 8g betta tank.. did some "musical chairs" with a few fish. and bought a gallon size bag of java fern for $20. plant is healthy.. leaves are smaller than I want but its all pretty well intact .. down fall--- its covered in duckweed :/ I will be doing a lot of rinsing before it goes into my tank

Attachment 86265

Bearchumjs 04-01-2012 04:25 PM

I fed my betta some bloodworms, and I also fed my rummy nose tetras some bloodworms. The. I added a sword plant, some ludwigia palustrus and an unknown to the 55 gal. Now I'm off to the plant thread to get the unknown identified!

Terrance 04-02-2012 12:13 AM

50% water change for my 20g and 120g today. I almost bought 2 new puffers today. Thank goodness my will power is strong enough to get me out of the store.

Bearchumjs 04-03-2012 02:58 AM

75% water change on my 55. Took out all my rocks. They made my pH too high. It's so pitiful now. Going to get sand tomorrow.

smomus 04-03-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

75% water change on my 55. Took out all my rocks. They made my pH too high. It's so pitiful now. Going to get sand tomorrow.

Rocks make Ph high? How did you determine that? Or is that something I've missed due to being new at this hobby? Lol my Ph is high too but I don't stress too much about it cuz everything else is on par..

Bearchumjs 04-03-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smomus

Rocks make Ph high? How did you determine that? Or is that something I've missed due to being new at this hobby? Lol my Ph is high too but I don't stress too much about it cuz everything else is on par..

Yeah. I guess some kinds of rocks can raise pH. I had gotten rocks from the river nearby. I'm going to soak them in water for a week and then test that water to verify that is what was raising my pH. I'm new to this too. I just learned that today actually. Rocks can raise pH, driftwood will lower pH. I didn't worry about my pH until every fish I put in the tank died. I have 3 left. The only thing that could be killing them is pH. All my other parameters are testing perfect. The fish show no signs of disease. It has to be high pH. Hopefully my last 3 survive!

smomus 04-03-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Yeah. I guess some kinds of rocks can raise pH. I had gotten rocks from the river nearby. I'm going to soak them in water for a week and then test that water to verify that is what was raising my pH. I'm new to this too. I just learned that today actually. Rocks can raise pH, driftwood will lower pH. I didn't worry about my pH until every fish I put in the tank died. I have 3 left. The only thing that could be killing them is pH. All my other parameters are testing perfect. The fish show no signs of disease. It has to be high pH. Hopefully my last 3 survive!

That's interesting! I'm going to pm you so my questions don't hijack the thread..

Mumma.of.two 04-03-2012 03:25 AM

Spent an hour trying to catch 5 kuhlis and 7 neons. I hate catching fish :/ especially loaches!

fishyperson3010 04-03-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Spent an hour trying to catch 5 kuhlis and 7 neons. I hate catching fish :/ especially loaches!

Yeah same my two zebra loaches were the last fish I could catch to transfer to my bigger tank 3 days ago

Regz8000 04-03-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two (Post 1881827)

tell me about it i have a kuhli loach and he ia a rocket.Can never catch him,clue is use a big net
:invasion:

Malawi Freak 04-03-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Soak the rocks in prime for a few days and sometimes it will help with that.

awilson133 04-03-2012 10:40 AM

this happened yesterday but.. I got rid of my dirt and black gravel. replaced it with pool filter sand in my 29g. I love the look off it. but I had 4 seripae tetras die..:(

Fishy Aston 04-03-2012 11:36 AM

Fed the fishies some frozen bloodworm as a treat!

Bearchumjs 04-03-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awilson133
this happened yesterday but.. I got rid of my dirt and black gravel. replaced it with pool filter sand in my 29g. I love the look off it. but I had 4 seripae tetras die..:(

That's awful!! I've got my pH down a little and my remaining 3 Rummies have color back in their faces. I hope your tank is ok now.

awilson133 04-03-2012 12:00 PM

it is. my ammo is at 0.25 but should level out in a week or so.

Bearchumjs 04-03-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Yeah, .25 shouldn't be what killed them. Just make sure that doesn't jump up any higher. And I thought fish keeping would be easy. HA!!

Malawi Freak 04-03-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Why not just do a water change to be safe.

awilson133 04-03-2012 01:33 PM

I will lol im at work right now. so cant. I think the stress caused it.

awilson133 04-03-2012 07:00 PM

my levels are all back to normal! lol also I add more plants today!

smomus 04-03-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx
Did a 110% water change on my 5 gallon, a 50% on my 20 gallon, and a 50% on my 30 gallon. Rearranged stuff in all the tanks and cleaned the glass inside and out on all three. Cleaned up the cabinet in the 20's stand too.
And now, because the cat "missed" her litter box as I was standing less than a foot away working on the 30, it's time to change litter instead of water... Stupid cat.

Cat was jealous lol my dog acts up if I don't pay enough attn to her when i'm doing a wc or whatever. Silly animals!

aquaponicpaw 04-03-2012 08:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rreekers (Post 1879428)
I did a water change in my 8g betta tank.. did some "musical chairs" with a few fish. and bought a gallon size bag of java fern for $20. plant is healthy.. leaves are smaller than I want but its all pretty well intact .. down fall--- its covered in duckweed :/ I will be doing a lot of rinsing before it goes into my tank

Attachment 86265

I came across a similar deal todayAquarium Plants - Java Ferns, by the time I caught up with him, He only had 2.5 bags left. some of the plant had wilted because he left them in his car all day. What little water that was in the bag was hot to the point of it being uncomfortable to touch. I still salvaged a great deal of it.

My betta is also My New Best Friend. Last week I swapped him from my Daughters tank, And he watches me more than I watch Him.

Bearchumjs 04-03-2012 11:42 PM

I got a new Marineland emperor 400 and some pool filter sand. I also added some peat moss to my filter media basket to help lower my pH. The sand has clouded up my water column. Should I run the filters to clear it up or let it stand with the filters off for a little while?

awilson133 04-04-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

I got a new Marineland emperor 400 and some pool filter sand. I also added some peat moss to my filter media basket to help lower my pH. The sand has clouded up my water column. Should I run the filters to clear it up or let it stand with the filters off for a little while?

did you rinse it out really good? I would let it settle for a lil bit and then run your filter. so it doesnt tear it up.

Bearchumjs 04-04-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

did you rinse it out really good? I would let it settle for a lil bit and then run your filter. so it doesnt tear it up.

I thought I rinsed it really well. Apparently I did not do it nearly as well as I should have. I left the filters off for about 30 mins and then turned them on for 10 and now I'll leave them off for another 45. The water is starting to look a little better.

awilson133 04-04-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

I thought I rinsed it really well. Apparently I did not do it nearly as well as I should have. I left the filters off for about 30 mins and then turned them on for 10 and now I'll leave them off for another 45. The water is starting to look a little better.

then you can turn em on and youll be fine!:)

Tcal01 04-04-2012 02:02 AM

I rescaped my 20g high. Yay!!! Check the thread out in freshwater tank showcase!

Mumma.of.two 04-04-2012 02:35 AM

Let's see. Caught 4 SAE, 8 rummies, 3 bnp, 1 rts, 1 gourami, 8 black skirts and 5 cories. Uprooted all my plants, separated all the fish and plants into different buckets. Some to keep, some to trade. Scooped about 80-100kg worth of old gravel, sand and dirt from the tank. It was too heavy to move outside to clean so I cleaned it in the middle of my living room. Syphoned all the muddy water out. Painted the back of the tank black. Traded some fish and plants for $40 store credit. Hooked the canister up to a plastic tub housing some if the remaining fish. And right now I'm sitting back and looking at the HUGE mess I've made of the house wondering what hubby's going to think when he gets home.

Bearchumjs 04-04-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Let's see. Caught 4 SAE, 8 rummies, 3 bnp, 1 rts, 1 gourami, 8 black skirts and 5 cories. Uprooted all my plants, separated all the fish and plants into different buckets. Some to keep, some to trade. Scooped about 80-100kg worth of old gravel, sand and dirt from the tank. It was too heavy to move outside to clean so I cleaned it in the middle of my living room. Syphoned all the muddy water out. Painted the back of the tank black. Traded some fish and plants for $40 store credit. Hooked the canister up to a plastic tub housing some if the remaining fish. And right now I'm sitting back and looking at the HUGE mess I've made of the house wondering what hubby's going to think when he gets home.

Goodness gracious!! LOL!!

Bearchumjs 04-04-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

then you can turn em on and youll be fine!:)

My water is still a cloud!! I've had the filters on all night. What am I supposed to do now?

awilson133 04-04-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

My water is still a cloud!! I've had the filters on all night. What am I supposed to do now?

id say a 50% water changes will probably do the trick

Bearchumjs 04-04-2012 10:24 AM

Ugh... Ok. I'll do it after breakfast.

Alkane 04-04-2012 11:09 AM

:whistle: I posted on Aquariumadvice today.

awilson133 04-04-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkane
:whistle: I posted on Aquariumadvice today.

lol nice. well today I saved two angel fish and 4 serpea tetras from petco! one of the angels is looking not so good but I hope he or she pulls thru

Bearchumjs 04-04-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

id say a 50% water changes will probably do the trick

I did 15 gallons water change (55 gal aquarium) It looks a little better. Hopefully it clears up by this afternoon. I think it just needs time. Heaven knows I have enough filtration on it!

awilson133 04-04-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

I did 15 gallons water change (55 gal aquarium) It looks a little better. Hopefully it clears up by this afternoon. I think it just needs time. Heaven knows I have enough filtration on it!

yep just maybe one more tomorrow if.its still cloudy. dont worry just.give it time:)

Bearchumjs 04-04-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

yep just maybe one more tomorrow if.its still cloudy. dont worry just.give it time:)

It's looking better I think. Hopefully I don't have to do a wc tomorrow.

LyndaB 04-04-2012 03:21 PM

What did I do today?

Rinsed off all the prefilters. Did my usual headcount. Had some lovey dovey talk with my blood parrots, reminding them very politely that I'm in charge of aquascaping, not them. :rolleyes:

Bearchumjs 04-06-2012 02:20 PM

I'm my 55 I tested my pH. Still to high for my liking. In my 5 I added 5 cobra endler males.

Tcal01 04-06-2012 03:13 PM

I fed my new Laos Pygmy multi-striped loaches some bloodworms. Soooooo cute. The Harlequin rasboras and my betta enjoyed them too

Alyxx 04-06-2012 04:01 PM

Changed the water for my betta and my guppy fry. Fed the Bettas and the guppies. Puffers will get fed a little later, they got a late dinner last night. Probably going to change the water in the larger tanks tonight after work, too.

fishyperson3010 04-06-2012 05:35 PM

Added 3 male guppies and 8 plants an algae magnet and a plastic moss covered log decoration and spent ages looking for my zebra loach outside and inside and then just poking out from a leaf I thought I could see a tail and there it was under a leaf laying eggs and I scared her off

awilson133 04-07-2012 03:45 PM

today I bought a marineland penguin 350. :3 im such a filter wh*** haha. bought it for my 55g and to replace the marineland 200 that was janky looking. I love the 350. its super quite but my aqueon 55/75 is silent. we shall see in a couple months how it does. also got some rock that has calsium to fight my nitrate problem..the rock is pretty pores! :) and 50% wc in my 29g tank.

Bearchumjs 04-07-2012 03:55 PM

I turned on the light and left the house. Been worrying about it all day.

sevruan 04-07-2012 04:07 PM

Got a sevruan

Bubbles0oO 04-07-2012 04:46 PM

Water changes all around added some more pots to my nursery ( pic 1) added pipe for the fish to play with ( pic 2) and am soon to trim my ever growing wisteria .....

Attachment 87446

Attachment 87447

Joebt 04-08-2012 01:50 AM

Picked up some driftwood, bleached and soaked it. Fed my 40 guppy fry, 5 times. Reburied some plants. Tried to find a home for some of my guppy fry. Trying again! Free guppy fry 1inch in Columbus Ohio.

Malawi Freak 04-08-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevruan
Got a sevruan

I think you mean you picked up a severum.

Fishy Aston 04-08-2012 12:45 PM

Bought a longer Airstone , and a theremonter which sticks on the glass :)

5 and still need to buy a pump to make bubbles come

Bubbles0oO 04-08-2012 01:46 PM

Got some new babies!!!!!
Duley ( as in the two backweels on a truck because his Top fin has been nipped( at store) to make it look double )
Attachment 87662

LemLem ( lem because she is lemon colored and Lem twice because she is a twin bar)

Attachment 87663

Alyxx 04-08-2012 11:50 PM

Just got home from a 12 hour shift, only had the energy to defrost some peas to feed everybody. They got bloodworms this morning and everybody but the guppy fry get fasted tomorrow. Worried about my betta Mr. Pink because he was looking kinda miserable and bloated, but when I went to feed him his bit of pea he was swimming around happily after taking a massive poop, lol.

Terrance 04-09-2012 12:09 AM

Did my usual 50% water changes..

aquaponicpaw 04-09-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles0oO (Post 1888535)
Water changes all around added some more pots to my nursery ( pic 1) added pipe for the fish to play with ( pic 2) and am soon to trim my ever growing wisteria .....
\

I love the flowerpots what type of fish/fry?

Biosfear 04-09-2012 01:07 AM

I fed my wild caught pumpkinseeds waaayyyy too many worms! It's just so fun to watch them eat

Alyxx 04-09-2012 01:20 AM

Well I got bored and found all my fake plants and put them back in my guppy tank.

smomus 04-09-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biosfear
I fed my wild caught pumpkinseeds waaayyyy too many worms! It's just so fun to watch them eat

I have never heard of those before, had to google them. They look like very interesting fish!

Jolenebailey 04-09-2012 02:34 AM

Fed guppy fry,
water change and gravel clean in 260litre, admired my angel fish wrigglers,
said goodbye to dead blue ram:(
Did a water change in angel egg tank. Moved some angel wrigglers to grow out tank (in a hatchery)
Cleaned floor after losing control of my suction hose.

Bubbles0oO 04-09-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaponicpaw (Post 1890527)
I love the flowerpots what type of fish/fry?

the pots are terra cotts i think they are 4 cm pots, but the fry are guppy and midnight molly, they are getting rehomed today! so exited :D

Womble1234 04-09-2012 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found these baby Mollies

Attachment 87849

Austin.b 04-09-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble1234
I found these baby Mollies

Cute :)

Bubbles0oO 04-09-2012 04:03 PM

MTS has struck again......

my dad told me i could have another tank and that is was my money, so i went on CL and bought a 30 gal, now to get a stand, meanwile its physical labor for more fish money ;) ( good thing we are re soding our yard today XD)

Shay 04-09-2012 04:14 PM

Hhmmm, "tentative" game plan: move a couple more of the extra sp44 red fin males in with Missy, ports to one of the 55's with the baby chocolates, extra male fulus to the 75g, move the small breeder group of fulus from my bedroom tank to one of the 29s plant that tank and put the buckelkopfs in there since the sand makes the fulus look washed out. Of course the sun is finally shining here so been trying to get some of that stuff done - nice enough the blankys came off the horses!!!

phoenixkiller 04-09-2012 04:16 PM

I cleaned my breeding trap for my Sunburst Platy female, hoping for her fry in less than a week! So excited!

Malawi Freak 04-09-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shay
Hhmmm, "tentative" game plan: move a couple more of the extra sp44 red fin males in with Missy, ports to one of the 55's with the baby chocolates, extra male fulus to the 75g, move the small breeder group of fulus from my bedroom tank to one of the 29s plant that tank and put the buckelkopfs in there since the sand makes the fulus look washed out. Of course the sun is finally shining here so been trying to get some of that stuff done - nice enough the blankys came off the horses!!!

Ugh. Spent half of Saturday shaving our 4 horses.

Bearchumjs 04-09-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malawi Freak

I wish I had a horse to shave...

I removed a dead nerite snail today and found the timer for my light.

SherryD 04-09-2012 09:58 PM

Water changes and cleaning all 11 tanks! Started set up on 12th tank! Definite case of MTS....what is cure? I am running out of wall space! :rolleyes:

Mumma.of.two 04-09-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryD
Water changes and cleaning all 11 tanks! Started set up on 12th tank! Definite case of MTS....what is cure? I am running out of wall space! :rolleyes:

Lol! That sounds like my house!

audifusion 04-09-2012 10:04 PM

put on mask and snorkel and went in to finish aquascaping.

Bought a banded bamboo shark.

Aquatic_Adam 04-09-2012 10:07 PM

Trimmed back some plants, fed my polypterus teugelsi, did an overdue water change! Tomorrow is the time to do a complete clean of the hang on filter!

awilson133 04-09-2012 10:12 PM

got 6 neon tetras. traded in my gold gourami. 40% water change on my 55g

SherryD 04-09-2012 10:51 PM

Mumma, I was thinking same thing after reading your post about running out of electric outlets! You should see my outlet...most have at least 1 powerstrip plugged in. Good thing is I can add an outlet or two if I need to! Just hate working with electricity but may come to that!
By the way...love your tanks...and watching your TV build. Looks great!:dance:

Convict2161 04-09-2012 11:07 PM

Just did a 30% water change and a nice gravel vac :)

GuppyLover 04-09-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malawi Freak

I'm jealous!! I want a horse. I feel for you though, helping my trainer shave the horses is no fun especially when they don't like clippers.

Gave the Krib fry there first meal :)

Aquatic_Adam 04-09-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuppyLover

I'm jealous!! I want a horse. I feel for you though, helping my trainer shave the horses is no fun especially when they don't like clippers.

Gave the Krib fry there first meal :)

I have a horse! Except I think in public it's referred to as a "Great Dane"

Shay 04-09-2012 11:20 PM

All my girls are fairly great about the clippers - its the trying to keep the 2 palominos clean or decently clean this time of year that's a joy LOL soon as I get them cleaned up they're either back splashing in the pond or finding the muddiest spot in the field to roll

Had to revamp my plans since I had a couple holding Victorian females - back to the tank map LOL j/king looks like I'll have to re-set up the one 35g and get into my stash and start the other 35g

phoenixkiller 04-09-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predfan27 (Post 1891979)
I have a horse! Except I think in public it's referred to as a "Great Dane"

Yeah, I think we all have an animal that we compare to a horse... mine is my clueless Border Collie, Cookie.

Aquatic_Adam 04-09-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixkiller
Yeah, I think we all have an animal that we compare to a horse... mine is my clueless Border Collie, Cookie.

Yeah, when your dog is about 120 lbs, you really do have to treat it like a horse. Lord knows she eats like a horse :)

Mumma.of.two 04-09-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryD
Mumma, I was thinking same thing after reading your post about running out of electric outlets! You should see my outlet...most have at least 1 powerstrip plugged in. Good thing is I can add an outlet or two if I need to! Just hate working with electricity but may come to that!
By the way...love your tanks...and watching your TV build. Looks great!:dance:

Thanks! Lol we need a fish room each!

Grr! Just noticed my husband unplugged one of my filters!! Very annoyed! I have no idea how long it's been off. At least 24 hours. Not happy!
So.... Now I've got to go digging for my test kit and do a water change.

Bearchumjs 04-10-2012 12:32 AM

I like how we throw in something at the end of the horse comments to keep it thread legal. I used to have a horse and palominos are hard to keep clean and hard to keep from sun bleaching.

I fed my fish some bloodworms and I dropped in a bottom feeder wafer for the ghost shrimp. One is pregnant! And I think one of my Rummies is pregnant or full of eggs. Her tummy looks fatish.

Tcal01 04-10-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Thanks! Lol we need a fish room each!

Grr! Just noticed my husband unplugged one of my filters!! Very annoyed! I have no idea how long it's been off. At least 24 hours. Not happy!
So.... Now I've got to go digging for my test kit and do a water change.

If you have the room, you can do what Dustin from dustinsfishtanks is doing. He is making a greenhouse for his tanks. He put in concrete floors with drains for WC and other things along with plenty of electricity outlets. I am soooooo tempted to do this

Shay 04-10-2012 02:37 AM

Here's a thing that was worked fantastic for me - its a huge power bar that has 12 plug-ins - have this in the middle row of my rack. Since I don't run many hob's and all those tanks are on a central blower for individual sponges has been a life saver, got it as a gift from one of the industrial supply stores

awilson133 04-10-2012 10:59 PM

I added four more neon.tetras to the 6 I got yesterday.:D. got some swords for my 55 gallon!!

Reefnoob84 04-10-2012 11:23 PM

Moved a couple corals around and gave the tank it's weekly scraping. Also trimmed my cheato a little bit! And started a new batch of pwc water.

smomus 04-11-2012 12:41 AM

Tested water, and Wc in all tanks. Examined one betta to see if his fins are growing any...think they are! Watched the other betta for about 30 mins to make sure he ate something cuz I haven't seen him eat anything since I bought him on Friday.
Speaking of I was going to ask...why is the water the bettas are kept in at the store blue?

Bearchumjs 04-11-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smomus
Tested water, and Wc in all tanks. Examined one betta to see if his fins are growing any...think they are! Watched the other betta for about 30 mins to make sure he ate something cuz I haven't seen him eat anything since I bought him on Friday.
Speaking of I was going to ask...why is the water the bettas are kept in at the store blue?

I think the blue water is some sort of medication or stress reducer or something to slow down their systems during transportation so they don't create alot of waste.

smomus 04-11-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

I think the blue water is some sort of medication or stress reducer or something to slow down their systems during transportation so they don't create alot of waste.

Oh that's really kind of sad. Dope up the bettas :(
I watched a worker change the water one time and it was changed with more blue water. I wondered if it had some kind of food in it too. Reminded me of water with miracle grow in it. Didn't think then to ask what was in it, just assumed it was food.
Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic... :)

Mumma.of.two 04-11-2012 01:16 AM

Did a PWC on my goldfish and cichlid tank. Added some CC to the cichlid tank and made a mess because I didn't rinse it enough. Traded some more plants and got 4 mbunas.