Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

cbourg746 08-07-2013 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2599482)
At the moment I'm just worrying a bit. We are having a heat wave and its really hot inside... thankfully I have few fish that don't thrive in very warm water. But I may drop some ice baggies in when I get home.

Pretty dang hot indeed!!

Alyxx 08-07-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2599514)

Pretty dang hot indeed!!

I'm heading your way now!

Ayi 08-07-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayi (Post 2598161)
Rescaped my african cichlid tank. About to do my 10g too and add some Italian Val and crypt wendii brown. Removed a dead neon.

It died mysteriously. I started with three about a month ago, disappeared. Today I left my house for 2 hours and found it floating at the top when I returned. All params are normal. Ammonia and nitrite 0 nitrate 20. What's going on?

Any help?

cbourg746 08-07-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2599863)

I'm heading your way now!

Got to meet Alyxx today!!!! The woman. The myth. The legend!!!!!! Lol! Cool chick! Thanks for coming by!!!

Tetra1990 08-07-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2599930)

Got to meet Alyxx today!!!! The woman. The myth. The legend!!!!!! Lol! Cool chick! Thanks for coming by!!!

Very neat that you met somebody on here.

Alyxx 08-07-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2599930)

Hey, thank you for all the cool stuff!

He was kind enough to send me on my way with a big bag of water lettuce, a big hunk of driftwood, and a 20 gallon long tank and stand.

Yay for having local hobbyists!

waterfaller1 08-07-2013 10:41 PM

Today I changed my tank..
from this
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...fce3faae21.jpg
to this
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...abf4632747.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...a91081bdd9.jpg

ktomminello 08-07-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterfaller1 (Post 2600075)
Today I changed my tank..
from this

to this

Gorgeous plants- what type of anubias?

waterfaller1 08-07-2013 11:27 PM

Thank you! 7X Anubias Barteri.

Fish_Whisperer 08-07-2013 11:36 PM

Put a new hood on a 25g and feed the fish and bought a 75g and picked up a free 10g

ktomminello 08-07-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterfaller1 (Post 2600149)
Thank you! 7X Anubias Barteri.

Cool!! I have 3X barteri and 5X coffeefolia rhizomes just starting to grow leaves... I'm happy I got the barteri now!! Thank you :)

jwh0818 08-07-2013 11:54 PM

I just got my tank! Its siting on the living room floor waiting to be set up!

Fishhooked 08-08-2013 12:01 AM

I got home from vacation to find my son's goldfish tank really cloudy and smelly. My dad was supposed to feed them so I asked how much. We give them two little pinches. My dad gave em a half a cup(of the fish food cap, it's big.) a day..

So i cleaned my son's goldfish tank :-)

Alyxx 08-08-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2600191)

Yaaaaaay!

kjacks 08-08-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishhooked (Post 2600206)
I got home from vacation to find my son's goldfish tank really cloudy and smelly. My dad was supposed to feed them so I asked how much. We give them two little pinches. My dad gave em a half a cup(of the fish food cap, it's big.) a day..

I worry my mom will overfeed mine when im gone on vacation too.. i have been telling her weekly im gonna leave the exact amount in a ziplock bag for each tank dont feed more then that... ill leave each bag on the tank its for.. lol dont touch anything else .. im gonna feed alil more monday then normal shes gonna feed on weds n we will be home friday or saturday i cant remember what i booked now... lol

Pwc on my 20g crawfish tank ... they are breeding like crazy this week i know i have just happened to see them like 4 times so no telling how many i havent noticed :/

Added like 5g more to the 125g water is evaporating out fast even with my ac on 65 i just added atleast 5g Monday

Pwc on 10g and 5g betta tanks ...

And watching my snails clean up food in my 55g pigs... ready to have fish in it hoping a local friends will spawn successfully soon im about to go crazy with this basically empty tank.. 2 mystery snails almost golf ball sized n 4 otos makes it look like a waste!!!! Might look for my dither fish soon to take the edge off lol

Fresh2o 08-08-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2600232)

I worry my mom will overfeed mine when im gone on vacation too.. i have been telling her weekly im gonna leave the exact amount in a ziplock bag for each tank dont feed more then that... ill leave each bag on the tank its for.. lol dont touch anything else .. im gonna feed alil more monday then normal shes gonna feed on weds n we will be home friday or saturday i cant remember what i booked now... lol

Pwc on my 20g crawfish tank ... they are breeding like crazy this week i know i have just happened to see them like 4 times so no telling how many i havent noticed :/

Added like 5g more to the 125g water is evaporating out fast even with my ac on 65 i just added atleast 5g Monday

Pwc on 10g and 5g betta tanks ...

And watching my snails clean up food in my 55g pigs... ready to have fish in it hoping a local friends will spawn successfully soon im about to go crazy with this basically empty tank.. 2 mystery snails almost golf ball sized n 4 otos makes it look like a waste!!!! Might look for my dither fish soon to take the edge off lol

Someone may have already suggested it, but those little plastic cups and lids (think fast food ketchup, mustard, etc) are pretty handy for dosing out food portions. Also, HIDE the rest of the food :)

kjacks 08-08-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2600191)

I hated that... im very impatient so a empty tank wasnt good for my need to set it up immediately...lol

kjacks 08-08-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 2600251)

Someone may have already suggested it, but those little plastic cups and lids (think fast food ketchup, mustard, etc) are pretty handy for dosing out food portions. Also, HIDE the rest of the food :)

I was just gonna leave them for the week n she had a cow so i promised i would let her feed them 1 day..lol i thought about those containers but i already have the snack sized ziplok bags so i was just gonna do that.. hoping my new snails come in before vacation so my crawfish can just eat them...

Thanks for the suggestion though it did give me some more ideas ;)

ktomminello 08-08-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishhooked (Post 2600206)

That ALWAYS stinks!!! I don't get vacations because of that. My pretty, but very high maintenance tanks keep me 2X a day with gallon changes for fertilizing and for blackwater balance. YAY finally the 90g is back balanced and plants are taking root- and stability has been kept for 2 weeks- now I just have to get 5 more diamond tetra and 4 more blue and red Colombian tetra to add a school of 7 diamond in one 'introduction' and 5 b/r Colombian 2 weeks later... Then my Bolivian rams... I spent all day today trimming back roots and dead matter and vacuumed all tanks.

jwh0818 08-08-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2600220)

Yaaaaaay!

I know!!!!! I just built the stand!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2600252)

I hated that... im very impatient so a empty tank wasnt good for my need to set it up immediately...lol

Ima workin on it! Got the stand done so far!

brennae 08-08-2013 03:22 AM

Today I changed water in my QT that has a betta with nipped fins in it. I went through my snails and pulled the ones for shipping tomorrow. I ordered a new small betta tank and a floating log and 4 nets for $28! (betta tank is 1.1 g for temporary housing). I am trading snails and a small amount of cash for a 29g tank with metal stand to go in the basement- sealed that deal today. Its been a decent day for fish related things.

JadeGreen 08-08-2013 03:24 AM

I added two German Blue Rams to my tank today! They even accepted bloodworms really well.

wilkieam 08-08-2013 03:25 AM

Trimmed a plantlet off my java fern :)

Autumnsky 08-08-2013 03:28 AM

Angelfish laid eggs for real!

I watched my Koi Angelfish fertilize the eggs and fan them, Some of them were eaten. Male has been fertilizing the eggs off and on for 1.5 hours.

I thought those two have been up to something!!!

They won't likely live even if they hatch as there are lots of other fish which would want to eat them.

So maybe for next time I can find them a slate I can move.

Excited and bummed out at the same time!!! :rolleyes:

Rinsed out my prefilter in my Edge tank this morning.

I think I am going to have to keep a notebook as it was pretty gunky and I know I did a cleaning on it not TOO long ago!

CephalopodCove 08-08-2013 11:45 AM

This was actually yesterdays work but I was too tired last night to post.

I finally got my test kit in! Unfortunately my ammonia in my tank was terrible...I'm assuming it spiked when my pleco went in and it's what's been affecting my betta. I did about a 30-40% water change, added a little extra slime coat, turned the heater up a small amount (which it seems like everyone enjoyed) and I'm going to continue small water changes over the next few days while adding small amounts of aquarium salt to the tank. So far, my betta has been doing a lot better since. :)

Unfortunately, two more RCS died...I'm pretty sure the last one is too but I didn't have time to check this morning. Disappointing, but I've learned a few lessons. I think I'll wait a few weeks and give it another shot once the params check out.

Hoping to pick up some slate from the local stone masonry to make some inserts for my two tanks I'm working on.

Rlavassor86 08-08-2013 04:48 PM

Water change tonight after work and tomorrow I shall peruse the lfs for some new additions.

wilkieam 08-08-2013 04:51 PM

Might go to the LFS later tonight and pick up some cardinal tetras, but I'm just about to do a 20% PWC

Alyxx 08-08-2013 05:35 PM

I'm waiting for it to cool off a little, then I will be doing some water changes and washing off the massive chunk of driftwood that is still in the trunk of my car. Then maybe I can figure out a way to soak it. I will probably have to fill up my 40 where it is on the floor and soak it in there. I'm hoping the heat of my trunk for a day has killed off any spiders on it! I had a spider drop into my car window and disappear somewhere on my door earlier today, so I'm not in the mood to have any others jump out at me!
If I haven't reached the point of heat exhaustion by that point, I may set up my 20 longs somewhat. Still need a few pieces of equipment, but those will be making their way here shortly.

cbourg746 08-08-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2601344)
I'm waiting for it to cool off a little, then I will be doing some water changes and washing off the massive chunk of driftwood that is still in the trunk of my car. Then maybe I can figure out a way to soak it. I will probably have to fill up my 40 where it is on the floor and soak it in there. I'm hoping the heat of my trunk for a day has killed off any spiders on it! I had a spider drop into my car window and disappear somewhere on my door earlier today, so I'm not in the mood to have any others jump out at me!
If I haven't reached the point of heat exhaustion by that point, I may set up my 20 longs somewhat. Still need a few pieces of equipment, but those will be making their way here shortly.

Massive hunk of wood from a hunk of a guy!!!! Lol

Alyxx 08-09-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2601350)

Massive hunk of wood from a hunk of a guy!!!! Lol

Lol! It's been rinsed, along with the stand. Once we put the kittens to bed I will haul it all inside. Btw, want a kitten? We have a slight infestation.

But something terrifying just happened - a wasp got inside and landed on my 56 gallon. Smart wasp - we couldn't hit it or spray it! My boyfriend just very carefully squished it with a shoe... then got stung by the corpse.

cgthebeast 08-09-2013 12:05 AM

Did a water change, an added more hermits, snails an a fish to my SW fish

jwh0818 08-09-2013 01:19 AM

I set it up! Still cloudy but its from the sand. Should clear up by mornin! https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...a2381484a1.jpg

Alyxx 08-09-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2602132)
I set it up! Still cloudy but its from the sand. Should clear up by mornin! https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...a2381484a1.jpg

Very nice! Worth all that waiting for sure. What's the size again?

jwh0818 08-09-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2602155)

Very nice! Worth all that waiting for sure. What's the size again?

Its a 36g bowfront. Small but ive always wanted a 36 bowfront for some reason. Check out my build thread. I need all the advice possible! https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ld-271621.html

cbourg746 08-09-2013 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I got an iPhone 5 yesterday and I must say I'm impressed with the panoramic camera feature. This is my view of the fish room/man cave from my favorite seat.

jmay33 08-09-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2602457)
So I got an iPhone 5 yesterday and I must say I'm impressed with the panoramic camera feature. This is my view of the fish room/man cave from my favorite seat.

That's awesome!

shellieca 08-09-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Nice! I haven't used that feature on my iPhone 5 yet.

jwh0818 08-09-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

I have that on my galaxy note 2 as well! It is a neat feature

Alyxx 08-09-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2602699)
I have that on my galaxy note 2 as well! It is a neat feature

I just checked and realized I have that and a lot of other cool picture modes on my galaxy s3!

Coryluv 08-09-2013 07:56 PM

Water change and filter cleaning. Water tests. Added red root floaters to tank. Enjoyed watchng happy healthy fish.

shellieca 08-09-2013 09:32 PM

Water change on one of my 5g Betta boys tank & on the QT tank. One my females in QT died today. :-( Moved another girl into the QT tank because I saw a small spot on her mouth I'm not sure what it is. The other girl in QT developed a lump a few weeks back that finally had opened up. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, she's still active but not eating as well as I'd like. Yesterday I did water changes on 2 of my 3 10g tanks & those Betta boys are happy little campers. Tomorrow will be a water change on the 46g & maybe a little re-arranging which my CAE's won't like. :-o

cbourg746 08-09-2013 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing! I'm here instead!!

shellieca 08-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2603353)

Yeah yeah! LOL. Who's going to win?

Fresh2o 08-10-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

I forgot football was on tonight (8 games). Under 4 min Saints 17 Chiefs 13

jwh0818 08-10-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2603069)

I just checked and realized I have that and a lot of other cool picture modes on my galaxy s3!

Yeah there are a ton of features we wouldnt think to explore

Tieberion 08-10-2013 12:12 AM

Fed Em' lol. Tomorrow is weekly maintenance, two 25% water changes, one each for my 2 tanks, then the fun of cleaning poo from the wife's turtle tank, and finally a 50% water change for my daughters glofish tank. Thank you Prime lol

Alyxx 08-10-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellieca (Post 2603486)
Yeah yeah! LOL. Who's going to win?

THE SAINTS!

So far, I did a big water change on my 56, did a complete change on my 1.5 gal betta tank, and I have started water changes on the two 10 gallon male betta tanks. When we let the kittens out I can fill them back up. Kittens being corralled in the hall bathroom when we can't watch their every move makes water changes tricky! I'll be filling the 40 where it sits on the floor to start soaking my new big driftwood piece so that maybe when I'm ready to set the 40 up it will be ready to go in there without seriously tanning the water. It's heavy enough not to float, I think. Got the two 20 longs onto the stand last night, and maybe Sunday after work I will get one of them set up enough to move my crayfish into it. I'm going to need to pick up some sort of screen for the top first, though. Might paint some backgrounds tomorrow, too. Just gotta figure out what I want to paint.

Bearchumjs 08-10-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellieca (Post 2602687)

Nice! I haven't used that feature on my iPhone 5 yet.

Panorama is also on the iPhone 4S

Bearchumjs 08-10-2013 12:51 AM

I fed my 3 tanks today and said to myself "I need to do a pwc on that one". Then I decided to do it tomorrow and I went outside and planted 2 blackberry bushes and a blueberry bush.

TheCommunityCichlid 08-10-2013 01:59 AM

Fed all the fish. Topped off the tanks and cleaned out snake water bowls.

TheCommunityCichlid 08-10-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Nice seats. I always say I like watching the games on tv more, but the atmosphere once your in the stadium is unbeatable!

Alyxx 08-10-2013 03:25 AM

Hey guys, think this catfish might be a bit too big for my tank?

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...27f1cd7c69.jpg

Autumnsky 08-10-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2603844)

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...27f1cd7c69.jpg

When I saw the posting on my email notification, I thought, Alyxx knows better than to put a too big cat fish in the tank.....

:rofl:roflm*o

TOOO funny. So that is the "new" tank?

I was supposed to pick up one of those only maybe half that tall, and the CL-er never called me back again...been a day so probably sold it to someone else.

I also was laughing hard at the shrimp in my 6.6Edge tank.

The filter was off when I got home from work last night, so I wiggled it around and it started again, but I didn't feed them, not in the am either figured it would give the filter a chance to catch up cleaning the water. So tonight I I fed the shrimp, snails and micro fish, Sundanios and Chilis.

They acted like I had never fed them before.

A few of the snails, baby blue Mystery, and a couple of Ramshorns, went warp speed to the top and started sucking tiny particles off the surface of the water and also the edges where the surface of the water touches the sides, and the shrimp were snagging the tiny First Bites out of the mouths of the snails and cleaning food particles off of them, tickling them, and the snails were still trying to eat while being tickled by Fire Red Cherry youngsters and adults, making little twinges from the tickling.

VERY hilarious. If I had had one of those fancy new phones, I would have done a video for you, but instead, you will just have to use your imaginations! ;)

Angelfish or something else ate all the eggs that were in the crack in the corner of the tank. Mom and dad AF keep hanging out there, maybe looking for the eggs to fan....or eat.

Maybe with the slate, when I find it, I can save some next time. Need to do much more reading up on the process and see if I can get that done soon!

Also finally figured out how to turn the light off on my Chi tank!!! My Betta will be so happy to get a decent nights sleep!

Alyxx 08-10-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2603863)
When I saw the posting on my email notification, I thought, Alyxx knows better than to put a too big cat fish in the tank.....

:rofl:roflm*o

TOOO funny. So that is the "new" tank?

I was supposed to pick up one of those only maybe half that tall, and the CL-er never called me back again...been a day so probably sold it to someone else.

I also was laughing hard at the shrimp in my 6.6Edge tank.

The filter was off when I got home from work last night, so I wiggled it around and it started again, but I didn't feed them, not in the am either figured it would give the filter a chance to catch up cleaning the water. So tonight I I fed the shrimp, snails and micro fish, Sundanios and Chilis.

They acted like I had never fed them before.

A few of the snails, baby blue Mystery, and a couple of Ramshorns, went warp speed to the top and started sucking tiny particles off the surface of the water and also the edges where the surface of the water touches the sides, and the shrimp were snagging the tiny First Bites out of the mouths of the snails and cleaning food particles off of them, tickling them, and the snails were still trying to eat while being tickled by Fire Red Cherry youngsters and adults, making little twinges from the tickling.

VERY hilarious. If I had had one of those fancy new phones, I would have done a video for you, but instead, you will just have to use your imaginations! ;)

Angelfish or something else ate all the eggs that were in the crack in the corner of the tank. Mom and dad AF keep hanging out there, maybe looking for the eggs to fan....or eat.

Maybe with the slate, when I find it, I can save some next time. Need to do much more reading up on the process and see if I can get that done soon!

Yeah, that's the hex tank the bf found for me. Just a 20 hex. I now have 4 empty 20 gallons! Can't wait to get them all running. One of the kitties was being a pain so I stuck her in there for a timeout. I've got them trained that the fish are nothing they want to mess with already - wet paws are a good motivator, and being in an empty tank doesn't hurt either! Hehee, my crays act as if they have never been fed before every time I feed them. It's hilarious!

jmay33 08-10-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

This made my day!

Fresh2o 08-10-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Somehow I think that even violates the outdated inch per gallon rule :)

TheCommunityCichlid 08-10-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

No, you could easily fit 6-13 more in there.

Rodeo one 08-10-2013 09:53 AM

Alyxx , great cat pick! Funny creatures, I have 6!

Tetra1990 08-10-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2603869)

Yeah, that's the hex tank the bf found for me. Just a 20 hex. I now have 4 empty 20 gallons! Can't wait to get them all running. One of the kitties was being a pain so I stuck her in there for a timeout. I've got them trained that the fish are nothing they want to mess with already - wet paws are a good motivator, and being in an empty tank doesn't hurt either! Hehee, my crays act as if they have never been fed before every time I feed them. It's hilarious!

Speaking of acting like I've never been fed, I have one from last night. I fed a chunk of blood worms to the 29, I broke it in half and stuck both to the glass. My male Bolivian ram never pays attention to them but he grabbed a whole chunk and swam around with it. I thought he was choking , he went up and down and when it fell out he dove after it. He ate the entire chunk.

54seaweed 08-10-2013 06:38 PM

went to war with aipatsia today think the battles over must have nuked at-least 15 of those buggers also did a water change this ole man is worn out:D:D

kjacks 08-10-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Have it on my nokia lumia 900 ... dang windows system i cant use my aa app though :( ill be changing phones out come march for sure !!!!!! Whats the news on babies ? Assuming it wasnt good or you woulda txtd :(

cbourg746 08-10-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2604882)

Have it on my nokia lumia 900 ... dang windows system i cant use my aa app though :( ill be changing phones out come march for sure !!!!!! Whats the news on babies ? Assuming it wasnt good or you woulda txtd :(

No luck!

CephalopodCove 08-10-2013 10:09 PM

Good news! My betta is finally better! I think it may have been the ammonia from adding the pleco without thinking, though none of the other fish seemed affected. Either way, after some lenient feeding, daily water changes, and some added aquarium salt and extra stress coat, he's doing great!

Unfortunately, my shrimp tank is down to one female and dozens of invading snails....ugh

Autumnsky 08-10-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CephalopodCove (Post 2604955)
Good news! My betta is finally better! I think it may have been the ammonia from adding the pleco without thinking, though none of the other fish seemed affected. Either way, after some lenient feeding, daily water changes, and some added aquarium salt and extra stress coat, he's doing great!

Unfortunately, my shrimp tank is down to one female and dozens of invading snails....ugh

I just realized my OEBT are being out competed for food by too many Ramshorns, so culling this week on my day off. :eek: ARRRGGGH!

Got a package of plants, most excited over a tennis ball size wad of Christmas moss, and a Solo cup of Subwassertang. Then appx 12 stems of sunset hygrophila and about 8-10 of Red Ludwigia.

The Subwassertang and the Christmas Moss are going to be for my coming 12G Edge.

The dark red Cherry Shrimp are going to get moved out of my 16G to into the 6.6G Edge over the next week or two, when I see them I will be scooping them up!

Looks like I will be selling the 16G finally, no $ (till 12 days from now...) in hand so still unknown for sure. lol In the mean time I need to get things moved over, if I want to keep them, like my Bamboo Shrimp and Amanos, too.

Planning the transition of what I will be keeping from it.

Monday or Tuesday I am going to pull out everything plant wise and clean the tank well, move some creatures over to the the 37G.

The 37G has a broken light so I need to figure out what I can do for that problem. Retrofit a CFL into the built in hood probably???????:confused:

TOO much stuff to do! :blink:

ddodad 08-12-2013 08:04 PM

I found a dead GBR in my 70 planted to be honest I was neglecting my tanks for the last few weeks due to my son being hospitalized. So I did a 50% pwc on my 70 and my daughters 20

shellyx 08-12-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddodad (Post 2608010)
I found a dead GBR

Sorry to hear that :( are your other fish ok?

ddodad 08-12-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2608012)

Sorry to hear that :( are your other fish ok?

Everyone else seems fine just that one GBR and the other one seems not at his best hopefully the pwc and time will heal him

kjacks 08-12-2013 08:09 PM

Today was maintence day.... broke apart a few hobs.and cleaned them added water from evaporation..noticed i got a few more females holding and my syno cats have been fighting some ... my blues are working on more babies so ill be keeping a close watch on the female this time

Might have a new to me tank coming soon got someone wanting ine out of their house just not sure what size yet ...

shellyx 08-12-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddodad (Post 2608015)

Everyone else seems fine just that one GBR and the other one seems not at his best hopefully the pwc and time will heal him

Hope he keeps ok for you.

ddodad 08-12-2013 08:12 PM

Thanks, if he doesn't I know it's my fault but kids have to come first

shellyx 08-13-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddodad (Post 2608020)
Thanks, if he doesn't I know it's my fault but kids have to come first

I understand, hope things keep ok.

FishieKeeper429 08-13-2013 04:25 PM

Put some new black gravel in my 5g Betta tank :) did water changes on both of my tanks. The 10g seems healthier now. I think the parasite is finally gone! Also had to scrub the algae out of my 5g. It was getting pretty bad. Happy fishies all around :)

Ayi 08-13-2013 05:47 PM

About to do a water change and rescale of my african tank.

Fresh2o 08-13-2013 07:50 PM

Went out and bought a gravel vac. Have not used one in a long time (one tank is planted and the shrimp tank is sort of new). It was a telescoping type with some type of flapper (no sucking on the siphon hose). Worked fine; slow flow; narrow tube to get into tight places. The only thing I did not like was that very fine grains of EcoComplete got in between the two sleeves (the telescoping feature) and now it is stuck at one length (which is fine...dry hands).
It really pulled a lot of gunk from the gravel. I only vacuumed the parts that were not near any plants.

Cichlid ism 08-13-2013 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did a pwc on my SA tank, tested my nitrates and looks pretty good. Also ordered a tilapia joka online today, should be here by Friday :)

Attachment 192002

octanejunkie 08-14-2013 08:38 AM

Filter swap

I removed the internal filter from our 6-gal opting for an Azoo 150 HOB, which is MUCH quieter.

I ran the two filters in parallel for a week to seed BB in the new HOB and dosed with Stability. Checking water parameters this morning...

Alyxx 08-14-2013 03:51 PM

I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

jwh0818 08-14-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2610843)
I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

They are crossed! You got it no problem!

Alyxx 08-14-2013 04:14 PM

Heh, oh yeah, and I just remembered I need to get a QT up and running, I'm getting new fish in tomorrow! Thankfully I keep a sponge filter seeded, so I just need to fill it up and pop the filter and a heater in. So that makes two 20 longs to get started on!

Tetra1990 08-14-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

You'll get it.

Fresh2o 08-14-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Fingers and toes crossed!

Alyxx 08-14-2013 06:14 PM

Woo! Just ordered a nice chunk of equipment for my new tanks! Glass tops, heaters, sponge filters, fish food, thermometers, air tubing! And a new filter for my neighbor. She could pay around $30 for it at walmart, Drs. Foster and Smith has it for $15. Plus a huge box of filter cartridges for it, since I can't convince her that it's better to not change them out so often... But at least a good $40 of the order is coming back to me from her bit of it. Makes me feel a bit better about my total, haha.

And yes, it is looking very likely that sometime soon, I will be at least a part-time secretary, to become full time when we secure an actual storefront as the business is currently ran from home. Extra cash for now, and a nice exit strategy from a job I hate!

randyplank 08-15-2013 12:54 AM

Yesterday I received my Odyssea T5 light fixture and put it up. So sweet! I did about a 15% water change today, and then tested my NO3 level. Between 10-20 on my Red Sea test.Closer to 10. I'm getting close to being able to stock it! Hopefully next week I can pick up my zoas and trumpet coral from my local place that is holding them for me!

kjacks 08-15-2013 01:06 AM

Nothing major fed tanks fixed my hob filter that my fish decided was in their way and tried moving the intake ... which they did just enough for it to stop sucking up water good thing i was up... and i rearrange the slate they apparently didnt like wher i had it either as i watched a few of them knock it off the stones .... crazy fish

Should be getting two packages tomorrow cant wait.. ill have drift wood ,snails, java moss , a new fish food a friend want my cichlids to try and another friend sent me a surprise in my package of snails so i cant wait to see what it is.. lol

My driftwood is for my 55g that im hoping to add my centerpiece fish to soon ;)

This has been a rough week so glad to channel my energy on somthing positive..

jwh0818 08-15-2013 01:26 AM

Lets see, I checked params and put a black posterboard for the background! Still not cycled

Autumnsky 08-15-2013 01:39 AM

Plucked out a few snails to the snail jar, they know I am waiting for them and keep hiding from me! :lol:

Arranged to get some Tangerine Tiger (TT) Shrimp and a new to me 5G very good condition Aqueon bowfront for my DD's Turquoise rescue Betta. I found the newly rescued Betta a new home, already mentioned that but also going in a 2G filtered and heated Tank which is better than a 1G or plain bowl. - of course.

Moving another group of shrimp and fish in the next couple days. Trying to decide how and which tanks to switch them around to.

Tomorrow going to measure gh/kh of my tap and tank water and compare, and see if I need RO/+shrimp minerals or not. Based on what the TT breeder is using. I don't want to mess with RO / and minerals (not a big deal by themselves).

ErinMcG 08-15-2013 02:24 AM

PWC on my main tank and the kid's 5 gallon betta tank. Ripped out piles of java moss and java ferns in the main tank to move to the tank at work where I am going to attempt to make a moss wall. Tied some new mosses to the driftwood - I forget what they are called. Hope I didn't tie them too tightly. Counted assassins and posted an ad on my local Used site to try to rehome a few of the monsters. They are voracious! Oh, added two juvenile panda cories to my main tank. My LFS are getting more next week, so I will add to them after the quarantine is done, provided my water conditions are still good.

Then I fed all the wee beasties and stared at them for a while.

ktomminello 08-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Fingers crossed for you!! Good luck!!

Bearchumjs 08-15-2013 02:15 PM

I did a 15g pwc on my 35 gal hex and broke my pump. I taped it back together so it still works. Lol! It may be time for a new one.

I had to take apart the Marineland emporer 400 and clean it real good. I think a tiny snail was down near the impeller making it really noisy.

Fed all the tanks and watched big meanie (a 4 inch fathead minnow) try to steal all the food from the other fish. He's so mean but the professor (a 2 inch fathead minnow) is pretty smart about getting his food. He's crafty!

kjacks 08-15-2013 11:28 PM

Not a happy... got my packages today one was perfect and one ha been opened my java moss and fish food was gone but the driftwood was left you coud see the box was pulled open and like someones hand went in digging the tape was stuck good on the 2 ends i had to cut it with a knife to continue opening the box.. i was gonna stick my moss on the driftwood guess ill look into something else i may be able to find locally .

On a better note i got my other package that was perfectly wrapped and had ramshorn snails and surprise they included like 5 or more RCS... so i have shrimp in my 55g for now...

Fresh2o 08-16-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacks (Post 2613267)
Not a happy... got my packages today one was perfect and one ha been opened my java moss and fish food was gone but the driftwood was left you coud see the box was pulled open and like someones hand went in digging the tape was stuck good on the 2 ends i had to cut it with a knife to continue opening the box.. i was gonna stick my moss on the driftwood guess ill look into something else i may be able to find locally .

On a better note i got my other package that was perfectly wrapped and had ramshorn snails and surprise they included like 5 or more RCS... so i have shrimp in my 55g for now...

kjacks I PM'd you

I hate autocorrect. Took me forever to type that line!

Alyxx 08-16-2013 12:25 AM

Got a shipment of fish and got them all situated in my qt tank. Two calico bn pleco juvies, two female bettas, and a nice surprise of three tiny convict fry.

Melika2928 08-16-2013 03:05 AM

Did pwc on my 4 smaller tanks. Getting my 3 larger tanks tomorrow as well as my qt. might wake up to baby platys in the next few days. Wish me luck.

54seaweed 08-16-2013 01:46 PM

did 15% wc on my 40b
my maroon clown helped he pushed all the corals that fell under the rocks out so I could get them and replace them where they belong , I gave him a few live feeder shrimp as a reward
smart little guy :D
now I need to go do a 15% wc on my 37g bowfront now let's see if the clarkie is just as helpful :D

jwh0818 08-16-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2613967)
did 15% wc on my 40b
my maroon clown helped he pushed all the corals that fell under the rocks out so I could get them and replace them where they belong , I gave him a few live feeder shrimp as a reward
smart little guy :D
now I need to go do a 15% wc on my 37g bowfront now let's see if the clarkie is just as helpful :D

That sounds awesome. Very interactive fish you have!

ddodad 08-16-2013 06:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was doing my daily check on everyone in my planted 70 and found that 2 of my rasboras seem to have some sort of fungal infection. Looks like I'm going to have to do a 50% pwc tomorrow morning and medicate the tank

Fish_lover 08-16-2013 06:32 PM

I did a 50% water change for my 3 gallon and 2.5 gallon betta tanks

Autumnsky 08-17-2013 02:06 AM

Nothing worked all day long.

Didn't even get their lights turned on. :eek:

So what do you think is it better to leave the lights on for 9-12 hours straight or off. (for a day) I never leave it off all day long but I was worried about it being on so long straight.

I can't set up timers yet, they are in storage somewhere.

Feeding them now and getting the lights on for awhile.

ddodad 08-17-2013 09:05 PM

The number of infected rasbonas has gone from 2 to 4. Did the 50% pwc and medicated the tank. I'm just hoping it doesn't wipe out the entire school of them or spread to any other fish in the tank. The 2 first infected are not doing well at all I they do not improve by tomorrow I feel like I should put them out of their misery.

It's times like this I wish I had a qt/hospital tank.

Alyxx 08-18-2013 12:30 AM

Jarred the last three betta fry so I can start a new spawn soon, and I siphoned off an absurd amount of poop from my qt tank. Seriously... plecos can POOP! Two inch long juvies and I am pretty sure I sucked up roughly their body weight in poop yesterday and then the same amount today.