Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

TT71 04-22-2012 03:05 AM

Yesterday I removed my dead Kribensis. She seemed fine all week then poof went to do pwc and low and behold it was doing the side stroke. Thinking of maybe adding another Roseline to the tank. Who knows? All I really know it the replacement is not happening now or in near future.

LyndaB 04-22-2012 08:23 AM

Changed out the play sand (yuck!) in my 75 gallon, replaced with eco-complete, redid the aquascape, fish are really happy with all the new hiding places. :thumb:

alLexX 04-22-2012 11:13 AM

stared at my fishies some more. i think my jewels laid eggs again. i took out about half the java moss in my 55

ErinMcG 04-22-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Have you looked for blasting sand..they sell 50lbs for like $5 at tractor supply co

I have been hunting, but couldn't find a supplier in Victoria.

ErinMcG 04-22-2012 11:06 PM

Shifted one of the neons to my 5 gallon betta tank in prep to swap out my main tank for a 29 gallon tank. The plan was to give him a day to adjust and then move the other two. Then I would swap the tanks. But.... The betta got nasty quickly. So, he went into a bucket and all three neons got his tank. I cleaned out the 20 gallon. Rinsed 14 kgs of black sand for ages and ages. Soaked my filter in vinegar and water to try to fix it (no luck). Running my other filter with diluted bleach in a bucket. Also soaking my rocks and my heater in the bleach. I really don't want to risk bringing over any of the Cyanobacteria.

Waiting for the sand to settle so I can arrange my rocks and branches and such. I think the betta and neons will have to stay put for the night.

I also weeded my garden and planted lettuces, spinach, peas and spring onions while I rinsed the sand. And cooked a roast while I was doing the rest. :) Busy day!

Mumma.of.two 04-22-2012 11:14 PM

Had a complete disaster! Added one ghost shrimp to each of the divided sections of my 26g Betta tank. Woke up to two eaten bettas, one male and two females missing chunks of fins! Spent all morning tearing the tank apart and catching the little devils. My one remaining male (from this tank) and my 5 girls are happy and back in their divided tank. The shrimp are in a bucket awaiting death via goldfish. {insert evil laugh here}

ErinMcG 04-22-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
Had a complete disaster! Added one ghost shrimp to each of the divided sections of my 26g Betta tank. Woke up to two eaten bettas, one male and two females missing chunks of fins! Spent all morning tearing the tank apart and catching the little devils. My one remaining male (from this tank) and my 5 girls are happy and back in their divided tank. The shrimp are in a bucket awaiting death via goldfish. {insert evil laugh here}

I always thought that betas were a threat to shrimp, not the other way around!

awilson133 04-22-2012 11:33 PM

added a treaser chest to my 36g lol.

I got 2 paradise gouramis for my 29. kinda worried but I think thell do okay with my 8 neons and 5 serpae tetras...:/

OOOOoh I got a aqueon water changer for my sink. I LOVE IT :'D still geting used to it but I love it a lot.

Munchie 04-23-2012 12:14 AM

Added a 3" clown loach. PWC, replanted a few plants that got uprooted by my pleco.

rreekers 04-23-2012 12:54 AM

fed all my new fish for the first time :)
I went to an aquarium auction yesterday and got a lot of new friends! ! including a proven breeding pair of albino long fin BN plecos for $14.

Tcal01 04-23-2012 01:04 AM

Made a pleasant trip to my lfs and bought some flourish comp and excel. Now i just news to figure out how much i need to dose

smomus 04-23-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smomus
Picked up some sunburst platys and red wag platys along with some mystery snails for my sons tank. I believe at least one is pregnant..
For my daughters tank 2 Mollies and a mystery snail. Was going to move the 2 I already have, but when we got home one was dead :(
After they all have been qt for a while will move a mystery snail or 2 to the main tank and the remaining Molly to my daughters tank.
On a side more I actually got good info at my local petsmart today. My son asked about a striped fish he really wanted (can't remember what it was) and the sales man actually told him no because his tank wasn't big enough!
Walmart had some green spotted puffer fish. SO cute! They would follow my finger up and down the tank wall. Totally wanted one or 2 but I don't have a brackish tank and I've vowed never to buy fish at Walmart.
Any way that was my day..

Found myself in Walmart again today. I always go look at the fish anymore. Those adorable green spotted puffers? Ich all over everyone of them! And all the tanks that were connected to it. :(

Anyway added white gravel to my Molly tank and rearranged it some.

Tetra1990 04-23-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Shrimp revenge! I'm sorry for your betta loss. Who would have thunk right?

Bubbles0oO 04-23-2012 08:15 AM

Yesterday was a disaster

I fed and found my beta being eaten alive by my angel.
Removed him from the moss wall
Tore down the moss wall and pit he java back.
Noticed I had the beginnings of ich
Started a heat treatment.
One o my neon tetras was beat up pretty bad.
My beta is now sick and in seperation because I don't want to put him in his old vase.

senemedar 04-23-2012 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe not today as I spent whole weekend working on them, but got my moonlight up and working :)

LyndaB 04-24-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles0oO (Post 1912833)
I fed and found my beta being eaten alive by my angel.

One o my neon tetras was beat up pretty bad.

My beta is now sick and in seperation because I don't want to put him in his old vase.

When you have incompatible fish, like the angelfish and betta, the tank is bound for disaster and illness. Ich can be caused by stress and it looks like the aggression in your tank between the species caused a hot mess.

The first word of advice people get when asking about bettas in community tanks is to have a good backup plan, which means a minimum of a 5 gallon tank (cycled) that the betta can be moved into when/if the community tank does not work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gave away a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon tank on freecycle today. :thumb:

Malawi Freak 04-24-2012 10:08 AM

Planned on doing nothing until I walked up to the tank and saw my red zebra trying to imitate the swiss alps. There was a pile of sand over 1' tall covering 3 plants. I don't think he was too happy when I pushed all the sand back under the rocks. Unfortunately I was in a rush to get to work so tonight I will be pulling rocks out to make sure sand is under everything. I noticed quite a few shifted more than I would like.

Dannyid 04-24-2012 10:15 AM

Give my glass and back wall a little scrub to remove excess algae and it's Tuesday so it blood worm night

Alyxx 04-24-2012 03:20 PM

Last night I ordered a new heater for the 20 gallon, a new light hood for the 30 gallon, a 17 lb bag of salt mix, and a new nitrate test kit from petco as they had an earth day sale. Wooooo new stuff! Also I did a water change on the 5 gallon last night. Today I'm changing the water in the 20 gallon and the betta cube and possibly making a divider of sorts for my 5 gallon and maybe I'll see if I can get a ride to pick up a lightbulb for that tank. Hehe, nothing like having a test to study for to motivate me to procrastinate via tank maintenance!

clark4feathers 04-24-2012 06:41 PM

Today as everyday, I woke up trying not to forget to feed the ponies when I woke up. Then I rememberd, they did not fast on Sunday. So guess what? no shrimp today. I do not like fasting them, but it is good for them and good for the tank.....Do not believe me? Check it out at Seahorse.com - Seahorse, Sea Life, Marine Life, Aquafarm Sales, Feeds and Accessories - Home

emerald76 04-24-2012 10:13 PM

Gravel vacuum!

Fishie 04-24-2012 10:13 PM

Added plants ,added fish , and washed filter cartridges!

stingrays4 04-25-2012 04:42 PM

Hi done an emergency water change as i had lost a few shrimps:( I believe it was where i put in a new filter Sunday and had a mini cycle on the tank? All the remaining shrimps and fish seem to be very happy and feeding? Also had to clean out me fluval edge as the filter was slowing down! Removed some more snails via a snail trap:)

awilson133 04-25-2012 05:55 PM

finally got around to buying a canister filter. I got a fluval 406. its for my 55g. I like the baskets and media. super quite. im just not sure how long I need to keep my 2 HOBs running untill the fluval is seeded.

Qube 04-25-2012 05:59 PM

Changed 45 gallons of water on a newly cycled 75g, weekly 5g water change on my cube, and cleaned up a few things for a QT I will be setting up soon. I need a nap...

Fishie 04-25-2012 07:54 PM

Water changes!

Bearchumjs 04-25-2012 07:57 PM

Did a good cleaning of my 5 gal. Thinking about turning it into a pico reef. Going to do a water change/cleaning of the 55 later tonight.

Bearchumjs 04-25-2012 11:11 PM

Did my 10g weekly pwc on the 55. I rubbed down the glass to remove any bits of algae. I've discovered that I really don't like my tanks to be even the slightest bit messy. I'm so glad sand is so easy to clean. I even used a razor blade to scrape the glass tops. There was some water buildup going on. I figured I should just do it and not let it get too bad. After I was done cleaning I fed the fishies a little bit of flake, and also fed my 2 platy fry some super crushed up flake. I'm a happy girl now. I can sit back and enjoy my fish tanks. Oh! And I got the ok from the husband to turn my 5 gal into a seawater tank. Hooray!!

Convict2161 04-25-2012 11:19 PM

Scrubbed the inside glass and did a 50% water change on my 75g African Cichlid tank. Also replaced the polishing pads in the AC 110.

Did my 5 gallon water change and changed out the filter floss in my BC29 also.

phoenixkiller 04-25-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixkiller (Post 1900803)
And today some of them escaped the breeding box, I had to re-capture them. Silly fry!

Well, today I noticed that both my Yellow Tiger Endlers and my Sunset's fry are coloring up... hope they're pretty!! **Fingers crossed**

Bearchumjs 04-25-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixkiller
Well, today I noticed that both my Yellow Tiger Endlers and my Sunset's fry are coloring up... hope they're pretty!! **Fingers crossed**

Exciting!!! I'm sure they will be lovely!

ErinMcG 04-26-2012 12:10 AM

Pwc on Jupiter's 5 gallon tank, where the neons are currently hanging out. Did a 50% water change on my 29 gallon. Updated my tank journal on Aquarium Advice. ;)

LyndaB 04-26-2012 10:16 AM

Ahhhhhhh, what did I do with my tank today?

Woke up to a fried impeller on my 46 community. Removed filter housing, cleaned everything, I mean everything, including the impeller, to try to will it back to life. No go. Flooded my living room floor when I was priming the filter and the impeller unit fell out. Oops.

So, after work, I get to go to the lfs to pick up a new filter and media and probably fish, too. :whistle:

awilson133 04-26-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyndaB

Woke up to a fried impeller on my 46 community. Removed filter housing, cleaned everything, I mean everything, including the impeller, to try to will it back to life. No go. Flooded my living room floor when I was priming the filter and the impeller unit fell out. Oops.

So, after work, I get to go to the lfs to pick up a new filter and media and probably fish, too. :whistle:

what kind of filter was it?

today I turned my tank lights!:3

LyndaB 04-26-2012 10:39 AM

Fluval C4 - looking for recommendations (new thread started) for HOB filter for my 46, stop by if you have the chance. ;)

phoenixkiller 04-26-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyndaB (Post 1917271)

Ooh, sounds like your filters are bad luck! Go get an Emperor Penguin 350, they are dirt cheap on Amazon.com and do their job well. If you get it and it is loud, take out the impeller, wipe it well (But carefully!!) With a cloth. Place it back in the housing securely, it will purr like a kitten.

rreekers 04-26-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awilson133
finally got around to buying a canister filter. I got a fluval 406. its for my 55g. I like the baskets and media. super quite. im just not sure how long I need to keep my 2 HOBs running untill the fluval is seeded.

cut up the media from the hobs and put it in the baskets of the canister filter .. then you can stop running them and the canister will become established WAY FASTER. just wantch your parameters over the next few weeks, or do an extra water change each week

Trena 04-26-2012 11:22 AM

nothing yet, I'm at work. ;) But yesterday I checked to nitrite level on the transferred 110gallon and it was at 0. I also added a powerhead to it. today, after work, I plan to add a new fish or two to it.

awilson133 04-26-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rreekers

cut up the media from the hobs and put it in the baskets of the canister filter .. then you can stop running them and the canister will become established WAY FASTER. just wantch your parameters over the next few weeks, or do an extra water change each week

I did that with my aqueon filters I put it in the canister but im still running my 350 biowheel. its a couple weeks new so I dont wanna remove it quite yet.

Desastre 04-27-2012 03:55 PM

Switched out my 2 aquaclear 50s for a Fluval 406 on my 55g and did some pruning on my 20long. Now although my hobs were quiet I get nervous and check on the canister because it's literally so quiet it's like it's not even there.

awilson133 04-27-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desastre
Switched out my 2 aquaclear 50s for a Fluval 406 on my 55g and did some pruning on my 20long. Now although my hobs were quiet I get nervous and check on the canister because it's literally so quiet it's like it's not even there.

I knoww!!! I got a 406 on wedensday I heard nothing unless I put my ear up to it. I love,it

LyndaB 04-27-2012 04:44 PM

Switched my 46 gallon over to an AC 70/300.

Got five gorgeous turquoise rainbowfish for my larger tank. Whoot! Go me! They kinda goofed on pricing so instead of $5.99 each, I got all five of them for $5.99. :whistle:

senemedar 04-27-2012 06:00 PM

Added two small Cories to keep Walter company (couldn't resist, I know Betta is a solitude lover, but still); manage to forget the name of the Cories already :lol:
Added an Assassin Snail to the same tank to try and contain the snails invasion.

Added an Assassin Snail to my main tank (reasons-- see above) and an Amano Shrimp - hope it won't be a deadly fish-eating monster like the last two Amanos...

Bubbles0oO 04-27-2012 06:28 PM

Water change in 10 gal. Added sand in the 10 gal. I would post a pic but it's so cloudy you can't see anything.

Fed all my tanks

almost cried because I can't get angelfish this weekend.....

Alyxx 04-27-2012 07:14 PM

I was all excited about getting my new equipment but I missed the delivery...

ErinMcG 04-27-2012 08:25 PM

Water change on Alfred's tank at my office. Swapper out one of his silk plants and his skull for his temple. Got to keep things fresh. Noticed some algae on my filter... Did someone have a photographic algae guide so I can try to work out what kind it is?

phoenixkiller 04-27-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixkiller (Post 1916842)

Today I got some high-quality food for my cories, so I hope they will be happy with the Omega One Shrimp Pellets and the Hikari Algae Wafers... oh and I got a new package of bloodworms too!

alLexX 04-27-2012 09:48 PM

did a pwc and told my family(for the millionth time)not to overfeed while im away(going to muskoka woods on a fieldtrip till late(getting home at like 6 or 11,not sure lol) tuesday)

Bearchumjs 04-27-2012 11:40 PM

I did nothing. I didn't even feed the little fatties today!

Pton46 04-28-2012 12:03 AM

50% PWC on all tanks, changed the Background on my 60 gallon.

Leveled and Sanded the Frame of my Tank stand I built last weekend. Starting to Cut/Stand and Attach the siding to the Frame. I picked up a 55 Gallon for 20 bucks a week ago...going to use that for the Africans , 75 Gallon for the Oscar and my last 75 needs a Lot of work so it will be the never ending project needs a complete Rebuild.

awilson133 04-28-2012 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a 40% wc in my 55g and 29g. rescaped my 55g added some beefyer gravel and new mopani driftwood.

Attachment 91607

stingrays4 04-28-2012 04:33 PM

Hi nice set up:thumb:
I did another emergency water change,on my shrimp tank! As its having some dire problems:( hopefully on the road to recovery now? I reckon i have lost over half me shrimps:( Thankfully the brood stock is in another tank:)
On a brighter note still trying to figure out how i can get a six footer in me shed:whistle:

Digger 04-28-2012 05:19 PM

Finished sealing all the bafles in place on my sump. The build is finally going to start moving some! :dance:

Tetra1990 04-28-2012 08:14 PM

Did a 30% PWC on my 29 gallon. Noticed a bunch of new sprouts on my java ferns.

Alyxx 04-28-2012 08:41 PM

I replaced the lighting on my 30 gallon and the heater in my 20.

Bubbles0oO 04-28-2012 08:49 PM

Fed everybody and said bye for the rest of the weekend. I'm going to visit my grandparents! Maybe I can convince them into another tank :whistle:

phoenixkiller 04-28-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixkiller (Post 1919575)
Today I got some high-quality food for my cories, so I hope they will be happy with the Omega One Shrimp Pellets and the Hikari Algae Wafers... oh and I got a new package of bloodworms too!

50% PWC on my RCS planted tank... darn dirty. I hope to get some plants and Laetacara Curviceps from Severum Mama soon.

phoenixkiller 04-28-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingrays4 (Post 1920534)
Hi nice set up:thumb:
I did another emergency water change,on my shrimp tank! As its having some dire problems:( hopefully on the road to recovery now? I reckon i have lost over half me shrimps:( Thankfully the brood stock is in another tank:)
On a brighter note still trying to figure out how i can get a six footer in me shed:whistle:

What type 'o shrimps? Any idea what caused the deaths?

ErinMcG 04-29-2012 12:37 AM

Yet another pwc. Plus mucked about with filters. Bought a fake stump to add and prepped some new anubias, all of which I placed in the tank.

Tetra1990 04-30-2012 09:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Added some pottery! Loaches already checked it out.

Bubbles0oO 04-30-2012 10:27 PM

Water changes all around, re arranged hornwort.... Messy stuff

I also set up my c02 system ! Awaiting bubbles on that.

Here is nursery pic with sand

Attachment 92212

Tetra1990 04-30-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbles0oO
Water changes all around, re arranged hornwort.... Messy stuff

I also set up my c02 system ! Awaiting bubbles on that.

Here is nursery pic with sand

Are your pots just stacked, or are they gelded together with something?

ErinMcG 05-01-2012 12:10 AM

50% water change on main tank. Again. I am stuck with a fish in cycle because I replaced my tank and substrate. But, I have some seeded media, so hopefully it will get going. It's only day two, but it is amazing how frustrated I am to see ammonia again. I know it isn't instant, but I sure wish it was!

awilson133 05-01-2012 01:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
check my levels because I lost one of my angelfish...:( rip

Attachment 92246

found 2 catfish on a piece of used driftwood I got today that was from petland. one died because when I was boiling the water I stuck the wood in and out comes a catfish..died shortly..took the wood out and another falls on my counter..still alive I put em in my 55g hope he makes it!! it was pretty stressfull im sure.

all my levels are good
ammo .0 nitrites 0. nitrates 10. ph 7.5.

rreekers 05-01-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awilson133
check my levels because I lost one of my angelfish...:( rip

found 2 catfish on a piece of used driftwood I got today that was from petland. one died because when I was boiling the water I stuck the wood in and out comes a catfish..died shortly..took the wood out and another falls on my counter..still alive I put em in my 55g hope he makes it!! it was pretty stressfull im sure.

all my levels are good
ammo .0 nitrites 0. nitrates 10. ph 7.5.

sorry for your loss :( that's a beautiful angel!!!

awilson133 05-01-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rreekers

sorry for your loss :( that's a beautiful angel!!!

thank you. :(

Bubbles0oO 05-01-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990

Are your pots just stacked, or are they gelded together with something?

They are stacked, I like to change them around a lot so glueing wouldn't do for me ;)

Today I'm going to sit back and enjoy my tanks :)

ErinMcG 05-01-2012 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
PWC on Alfred's 5 gallon in my office and I will probably do another one on my main tank when I get home. Fish in cycles suck! Hard work.
Hey! Just noticed algae in Alfred's tank. I need to do something about that.

Here's Alfred, trying to scare away the annoying dude in the mirror. :)

Maxkolbe 05-01-2012 08:47 PM

Found a dead Pleco... :(

Trena 05-01-2012 08:47 PM

i tested the water in my 110 sw tank that i upgraded to last week. it was fine. yay!

awilson133 05-01-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxkolbe
Found a dead Pleco... :(

im so sorry:(

Maxkolbe 05-01-2012 09:02 PM

Yea, first dead fish if you don't count the one that was sick when I got it.

awilson133 05-01-2012 09:29 PM

today I fed both,my tanks looked to make sure my rapheal catfish was still alive. got a new angel. its a silver angel. their really pretty.

awilson133 05-01-2012 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
new angel.

Attachment 92395

rreekers 05-02-2012 12:39 AM

found a dead GB ram :/

clark4feathers 05-02-2012 12:54 AM

pump change

today I swapped out a pump to reduce water flow on my seahorse tank. a weekly water change and added a bigger HOB on the back. Cannot have enough filtration with messy eaters. Oh and added a dose of bi weekly probiotics. umm after all that my beloved african grey came up ill......a vet bill, eeeeek.

Bearchumjs 05-02-2012 01:15 AM

I did a 7 gallon pwc on my 55g. I used RO water instead of tap water. Took off my Marineland emperor 400 filter and took it all apart because it was being noisy. I don't know exactly what was wrong but it's alot quieter now. Watched the fishies swim to and fro.

Tetra1990 05-02-2012 06:16 PM

50% PWC on my 29 gallon. Positive of the day: I think my bolivian rams are staring to get used to each other. I added some pots yesterday and when I got home from work, they were on the same side of the tank. Usually they stay on separate sides, so we will see.

alLexX 05-02-2012 09:59 PM

i moved my paradise fish to my 20. i think canadian fish are backwards,first my rainbow shark gets bullied by a psycho otto,now my paradise fish is getting terrorised by a swordtail

ErinMcG 05-03-2012 01:05 AM

50% water change on my 29 gallon, again. 0.1 on the ammonia, again. Possibly traces of nitrites, though again, not enough to measure.

Filter is still acting up.... Should probably just order a new one.

phoenixkiller 05-03-2012 01:06 AM

Cleaning. Got some Bumblebee platies. Gonna breed them. Not too much though.

alLexX 05-03-2012 09:09 AM

i moved my swordtail to my 55.she wouldnt leave the paradise fish alone :(

LyndaB 05-03-2012 09:31 AM

For the third straight day, I've replanted the 75. Seems one of my blood parrots thinks he's an interior decorator. He keeps moving the plants from their original position to where he apparently finds them more aesthetically pleasing...... :rolleyes:

awilson133 05-03-2012 09:15 PM

did a 40% change in my 55g. feed my fish blood worms in both tanks.

butterfly_koi 05-04-2012 11:16 PM

Did a 50% water change in my tank, noticed that the piece of DW I had gotten from Petco was turning squishy soft so I tossed that out. Waiting on that tank to settle. Then did a 20% water change on my little tank for my male livebearers, gravel vac etc. so now I'm sitting back and watching one of my female guppies and wondering when she might grant me with some fry

MartyMA 05-05-2012 09:57 PM

Apparently, nobody did anything to their tank today. I did...added a glass diffuser to my CO2 setup. So much better than the delivered ladder diffuser. Lot's of tiny bubbles.

Gboy66 05-05-2012 10:16 PM

I filled up my red sea max 250!! Seeding it today too!:)

FreshObsessed 05-05-2012 10:19 PM

In my 29: I topped off the evaporated water.
In my 5: Re arranged plants and did a 40% water change.

I did wayyy more interesting stuff yesterday :(

awilson133 05-05-2012 10:42 PM

I fed my fish today:D

ErinMcG 05-06-2012 01:11 AM

I added a huge pile of plants! Was time consuming, but fun. Also did a 50% water change, again.

clark4feathers 05-06-2012 01:25 AM

seahorse diaries

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 93100 Today I added this really cool plant to my seahorse tank that glows with my dusk leds

Vicksta 05-06-2012 02:01 AM

I sat there smiling at the tank... Observing the activities...

Does that count as doing something with my tank?

phoenixkiller 05-06-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicksta (Post 1930486)
I sat there smiling at the tank... Observing the activities...

Does that count as doing something with my tank?

Yep, because I do that so much, I wouldn't bother posting on this thread as doing something. I would be posting every second. ;)

Munchie 05-06-2012 07:07 PM

Trimmed plants back and planted some of the off shoots from my larger plants. About to do a quick gravel vac and 10% WC.

Added a nitrate filter to my eheim last night, so after the small WC it is time to recheck parameters

awilson133 05-06-2012 07:26 PM

finally put fish in my 36g bow front.
1 peacock eel
6 bloodfin tetras
also added some plants.
put root tabs in my 55 and 29 gallons. added stackslate in the 55g
wc in all the tanks.

awilson133 05-06-2012 09:50 PM

watched my 55g and for some odd reason one of my gold barb must think its a pristella tetra cause I saw em schooling together. I thought it was pretty neat. but odd lol cleaned my 406 media for the first time.

Bearchumjs 05-07-2012 02:28 PM

Did a pwc on the 55. Freaked out becuase i thought i siphoned out the mommy ghost shrimp. False alarm! Moved my two 3 week old fry into the 55. I also moved the driftwood, rocks and plants from their 5 gal to the 55. Will clean up the 5 gal and get it ready to turn into a pico reef tank later on.

ErinMcG 05-08-2012 12:09 AM

Pwc on Alfred's tank in my office. Do it again tomorrow though, because I finally have a wee gravel vac I can keep at the office.

Pwc on the 29 gallon, plus some mucking about with plants. With all these water changes on my main tank, my flowers and veggie garden are very happy.

phoenixkiller 05-08-2012 01:33 AM

Checked out the RCS egg-carriers, lookin' good. Tested with one of my extra Yellow Tiger Endlers to see if the group was big enough to live in the big tank. 2 hours later I couldn't find him. Then I found him. Stuck to the filter intake, dead as a doornail. I guess that means they won't be going in that tank for a while... I was really mad at myself for practically murdering the poor 'lil guy, I may have even sniffled a bit. I felt terrible. RIP little guy. **Sigh**

Terrance 05-08-2012 01:36 AM

I'm still trying to get a 40g breeder tank. Its the last piece that I need to complete my 120g FW system.