Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Fishman007 02-02-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2817029)
Omg!!! Woke up and guppy filter is broken! Have to use the warranty, but what to do!? Can they live in my 10g for a few days?

You need to oxygenate the water, go buy a new one, better than loosing your fish.

Galligak 02-02-2014 12:14 PM

Honestly, you'll be fine for a bit. Just do some PWCs a little more frequently until you get a new one and stir it up every once and a while or add a air stone if you're really concerned. I'd try to get the warranty, but that's just me;)

enrgizerbunny 02-02-2014 04:03 PM

Added their weekly zucchini chunk. This week there were two, one slightly smaller one that was stuck frozen. The smaller one has become my pleco's personal piece while the barbs are getting their fill of the bigger piece. The 3 foot bamboo plant (fake) I added has only seemed to curb my gourami's aggression toward his smaller companion slightly. I think I may end up rehoming the little one to avoid him being killed down the line.

Edit- The rainbow shark is taking control of the larger chunk, the poor tiger barbs.

Autumnsky 02-02-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_Tristan22 (Post 2816749)
Added a betta to a my tank (:


Attachment 220209

Talk about a PUNCH of color!

Autumnsky 02-02-2014 09:56 PM

Just got back, checking on the damage!
 
Well here is the start of my "just home from my trip" and what happened to my tanks novella...

Added almost 10 gallons of water to my 37G Koi Angelfish pair (maybe someday breeding) tank.

Had to add a gallon of water to my 5G Chi tank as the pump wasn't running, it was on but no water was coming out :/ Looks like I lost a small mystery snail baby about the size of a dime. The other one got to moving around but that one looks a little like its not gonna snap out of it...

Before I left I got 5 Neons to add to the 3 that were left from rescues, and somewhat hang out with the Cardinals (in the 72G). But 3 died within just a couple days. When I got back, the 2 were still alive and looked lovely so moved them from QT and into the big tank. BUT the other 3 were no where in sight...

So I am thinking what happened was that my giant Purple Spotted Gudgeon (72G) probably got mad I didn't specially feed him like I always do (I was gone) so took it upon himself to chomp the little guys. There seems to be a couple less of my Platy fry too. :eek: I tried to get him a new home before I left but it didn't work out. So I guess I will trade him in for some other fish instead.

I saw my Blue Velvet shrimp mama has a big load of babies under her tail, I am guessing this is the same one as before since I never saw the shrimplets. I can't find my magnifying glass to look around the tank better. The fish looked well colored in there, but they were mostly hiding so I don't know if they are all there or not.

The pair of Koi Angels (37Gstill looks like they aren't doing their jobs for the tank to be a breeding tank yet...

The 3rd wheel left out Koi Angel which is in the 16G now because he was being very mean to the 4 new baby angels I had brought home, survived the being caught 2x and moved to 2 different tanks before I left. I was wondering because he was hugely stressed. But he is alive! I imagine there aren't many, if any Platy fry left in that tank. There were 15-20 babies in there before, very small too. :nono:

The 72G tank still has the previous 4 Angel babies alive and well colored. Other than missing the 3 Neons and possibly 2 Cardinals missing It seems the rest are there.

My little 6.6G Edge tank looks like all the fish are there and the Fire Red Shrimp look alright too. This tank is in a different room so it didn't get fed as often.

One Oto did die in the 37G while I was gone, I had the report while I was away.

Have been looking at special Bettas online. WOW! There are some of my dream fish I saw :dance: I have to make up my mind, cause I can't get a big bunch of them, lol!

Added water to the rest of the tanks that needed it, and fed all of them.
Overall not as bad as it could have been. I have a lot of water changes and filters to clean! Glad to be back!

Fibsog 02-02-2014 11:36 PM

I keep multiplying! I got a 3.5g bowfront tank with 20 watts of light. Replacement for 4g which broke earlier today. Getting 4g filter in mail, gonna set up a new tank!!! (Again. Im too obsessed.)

ashleynicole 02-02-2014 11:37 PM

One word..... rescape

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Autumnsky 02-02-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleynicole (Post 2818055)
One word..... rescape

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

lol, one word...Pics!!!

Fibsog 02-03-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2818062)
lol, one word...Pics!!!

+1 to that!

D_Tristan22 02-03-2014 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2817880)
Talk about a PUNCH of color!


Thank you. He is the center piece of his new home(:

ashleynicole 02-03-2014 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IShallNtEatFish 02-03-2014 10:04 AM

Awe I love it! The fish look sooo small!!

ashleynicole 02-03-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IShallNtEatFish (Post 2818368)
Awe I love it! The fish look sooo small!!

Thank you. The rasoboras are small I guess but the turquoise rainbow is pretty big.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

tommymacc 02-03-2014 12:37 PM

Treated an algae bloom, replanted a plant I think the pleco uprooted

paul87 02-03-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleynicole (Post 2818364)
Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks nice and roomy. I like the different depth clay pots/hiddey holes!

ashleynicole 02-03-2014 03:06 PM

Thank you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fresh2o 02-03-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleynicole (Post 2818364)
Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app


Just a suggestion...I think the DW would look nice directly on the sand on the left side. To make room for that I would pile the rocks on the right side somewhere between the filter intake and the spray bar. Make that the focal point. Has something to do with drawing the eyes away from the center of the tank and breaking up any symmetry. The clay pots are decorative and functional and can be incorporated into the "rock pile". Just my two cents. I understand some of the points that can lead to a good scape, however, actually achieving them really takes an artistic eye. My efforts have often been called "crop" or "farm like" because I have trouble following even my own advice. Good luck and continue to post any changes. Looking forward to whatever you come up with.

stingrays4 02-03-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleynicole (Post 2818364)
Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi you can collect plenty of decor for free,just look around any local woodlands and find some suitable branches,just make sure its not rotten{a good squeeze will show if its rotten or not if it 'crumbles' or feels soft leave it alone}Sorry I have forgotten which trees are fish safe,but thin Oak and Silver birch are OK? But i would check on here first! Also rocks and pebbles are easy to find,almost anywhere,just give a dam good clean and rinse and then give the 'vinegar' treatment{just pour some on and see if it reacts,if it does leave well alone!}This is the joy of bigger tanks as the local shop simply do not usually have big enough decor!

stingrays4 02-03-2014 04:47 PM

Hi done a water change yesterday and cleaned out my fluval 405 and rescued the usual several hundred shrimps!!! I also installed my latest light a Gro beam 600. Looks very different to my 'old' T5s Just have to wait and see if the plants agree!?

paul87 02-03-2014 05:11 PM

Finally attempted to get my flame scallop to where I can see him, Now how long hell stay is another story. Had to take some rocks and coral out to move the rock he is attached to in a shady but visible place. This was not an easy task! LOL. Here he is now on the side of tank, closed up now of course.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...192abe4d0d.jpg

Krissycakes 02-03-2014 05:26 PM

Turned on the lights. Fed everyone and watched the girls as they are getting used to their tank mates. No more aggression! Everyone is happy and well occupied! Shipped out some snails and duckweed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

enrgizerbunny 02-03-2014 07:59 PM

50% water change. Dropped some lettuce in, after taking a couple bites for myself. Tested PH and nitrates. Watched the fish.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IShallNtEatFish 02-03-2014 08:17 PM

Got some neon tetras for the 30 in the living room( will be in QT for the next month) a few plants (some for the 10 gallon betta tank and some for the 30) as well as some filter media to replace the stuff I took out to kick start the cycle in the betta and the QT tanks.


And tried to convince to parents to let me rescue 9 goldfish in a 10 gal off Craigslist... If I get them they will go in the pond outside in the spring

Fishman007 02-03-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IShallNtEatFish (Post 2819160)
Got some neon tetras for the 30 in the living room( will be in QT for the next month) a few plants (some for the 10 gallon betta tank and some for the 30) as well as some filter media to replace the stuff I took out to kick start the cycle in the betta and the QT tanks.

And tried to convince to parents to let me rescue 9 goldfish in a 10 gal off Craigslist... If I get them they will go in the pond outside in the spring

Dont put gold fish in a local pond, they can spread pathogen and parasites to the local fish and kill them. Like the american chesnut tree blight.

IShallNtEatFish 02-03-2014 08:21 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
It's my personal pond.... It was built as a water tank for a large ranch, my dad bought it As a swimming pool when I was a toddler but I never took to swimming, then my brother wanted to make a fish pond out of it.


It's about 1000 gallons.

Fishman007 02-03-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IShallNtEatFish (Post 2819167)
It's my personal pond.... It was built as a water tank for a large ranch, my dad bought it As a swimming pool when I was a toddler but I never took to swimming, then my brother wanted to make a fish pond out of it.

It's about 1000 gallons.

Wow, cool.

ashleynicole 02-04-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingrays4 (Post 2818808)
Hi you can collect plenty of decor for free,just look around any local woodlands and find some suitable branches,just make sure its not rotten{a good squeeze will show if its rotten or not if it 'crumbles' or feels soft leave it alone}Sorry I have forgotten which trees are fish safe,but thin Oak and Silver birch are OK? But i would check on here first! Also rocks and pebbles are easy to find,almost anywhere,just give a dam good clean and rinse and then give the 'vinegar' treatment{just pour some on and see if it reacts,if it does leave well alone!}This is the joy of bigger tanks as the local shop simply do not usually have big enough decor!

I live in central Florida and just about everything around here is limestone and the woods are all pine and oak and not the kind of oak you want in a fish tank trust me. I know how to test things and I know what I want in the tank I just have had other expenses that take priority

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Autumnsky 02-04-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleynicole (Post 2819833)
I live in central Florida and just about everything around here is limestone and the woods are all pine and oak and not the kind of oak you want in a fish tank trust me. I know how to test things and I know what I want in the tank I just have had other expenses that take priority

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I found an old root stump from a dead young cherry tree. Someone dumped landscaping waste (grass clippings, twigs, small branches, etc.) off the road by the creek. I was on a hunt for anything interesting and after three hikes on three different days next to different rivers and creeks, found nothing useful but that! Someone else's trash, :whistle:

So keep your eyes open for some other interesting options, even contacting some landscapers who pull out young trees and replace them, you never know, LOL. Even home depots will take back dead trees, you could always keep your eyes open there too, just clean it really well. Since I didn't know of its origins, just soaked for a very long time and changed the water frequently, and scrubbed it very well several times.

It is the stumpy, spiky piece in between the outer two smoother pieces, at the center. Free & cool!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture57008.jpg

paul87 02-04-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2820016)

I found an old root stump from a dead young cherry tree. Someone dumped landscaping waste (grass clippings, twigs, small branches, etc.) off the road by the creek. I was on a hunt for anything interesting and after three hikes on three different days next to different rivers and creeks, found nothing useful but that! Someone else's trash, :whistle:

So keep your eyes open for some other interesting options, even contacting some landscapers who pull out young trees and replace them, you never know, LOL. Even home depots will take back dead trees, you could always keep your eyes open there too, just clean it really well. Since I didn't know of its origins, just soaked for a very long time and changed the water frequently, and scrubbed it very well several times.

It is the stumpy, spiky piece in between the outer two smoother pieces, at the center. Free & cool!

Looks great! Really natural

ashleynicole 02-04-2014 02:01 PM

Ive tried putting found driftwood in my tanks and it was never good. I stick to only mopani and Malaysian.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

paul87 02-04-2014 04:11 PM

Rearranged rocks in sump. Chaeto is growing!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...9c0a5afa2b.jpghttps://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...5d16af273c.jpg

Fibsog 02-04-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul87 (Post 2820310)

You decorate your sump?

Fishman007 02-04-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2820016)

I found an old root stump from a dead young cherry tree. Someone dumped landscaping waste (grass clippings, twigs, small branches, etc.) off the road by the creek. I was on a hunt for anything interesting and after three hikes on three different days next to different rivers and creeks, found nothing useful but that! Someone else's trash, :whistle:

So keep your eyes open for some other interesting options, even contacting some landscapers who pull out young trees and replace them, you never know, LOL. Even home depots will take back dead trees, you could always keep your eyes open there too, just clean it really well. Since I didn't know of its origins, just soaked for a very long time and changed the water frequently, and scrubbed it very well several times.

It is the stumpy, spiky piece in between the outer two smoother pieces, at the center. Free & cool!

Looks great, sooooooo much DW and plants!!!

paul87 02-04-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2820365)

You decorate your sump?

Lol. Not really they were all laying flat along the bottom and i pushed them to one side to give the chaeto more moving room. I do however have a decor scull in my sump from my old fw days. Its covered in coraline and fan worms. Why not?

Autumnsky 02-04-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishman007 (Post 2820399)
Looks great, sooooooo much DW and plants!!!

:thanks:

Fibsog 02-04-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul87 (Post 2820454)
Lol. Not really they were all laying flat along the bottom and i pushed them to one side to give the chaeto more moving room. I do however have a decor scull in my sump from my old fw days. Its covered in coraline and fan worms. Why not?

Guess I don't understand...

paul87 02-04-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2820662)

Guess I don't understand...

Just a refugium in my sump. Has live rock and chaetomotpha algae as nutrient export. Nothing fancy by no means.

Musicfreak 02-04-2014 08:33 PM

Cleaned a bunch of algae off of the acrylic of my tank. Nice to finally have it gone.

Autumnsky 02-04-2014 10:08 PM

Started the cleaning of all tanks.
 
From the 2.5G - Moved two Rili shrimp to my Chi tank and one Blue Velvet Shrimp that grew up and now looks perfect moved to the 12G Edge with the rest of the BVs. Took out and cleaned everything in the tank, rinsed the substrate, removed the RH snails rocks and plants and replanted for the soon to be new owner. Moved a couple little plants from the 16G over to the 2.5G so it would look nice.

Started moving plants from the 16G to other tanks. This tank will also be shut down unless I decide to keep it up for a QT, although I have a 5G I could use and not have to keep up all the time.

Moved some Petrified Wood stones into the 37G Koi Angel tank.

Getting ready to sift out all the MTS snails out of the substrate to pass on to someone else. Need to clean it out too.

Since it is Arctic cold here right now, I am trying to focus on the smaller tanks first so I can dump the water in the tub.

Responded to a ad from someone saying they were moving and had free fish, and to come get them before they flushed them!!!!!:banghead: dumb people! Haven't heard back yet.

Added a couple small plants in my Chi 5G tank.

Found a Edge Tank for sale for 40. but I am trying to reduce my number of tanks...debating this situation in my rational mind, wanting run and grab it for my aquatic adventure mind, lol...:angel:







Posted a note to some one who was interested in my Aqueon 2.5G mini bowfront.

Fibsog 02-04-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul87 (Post 2820685)
Just a refugium in my sump. Has live rock and chaetomotpha algae as nutrient export. Nothing fancy by no means.

Ah i see

chicodelmar 02-05-2014 04:24 PM

Not today but over the weekend i added peppermint shrimps to eradicate a invasion of aiptasia. I must have underestimated their appetite ... all gone ... wondering how to feed them now ...

Galligak 02-05-2014 04:45 PM

I got shrimp and salvinia today in the mail! Ah, my pumpkin shrimp are adorable!!!

beautifulbettas 02-05-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaKai (Post 2821924)
I got shrimp and salvinia today in the mail! Ah, my pumpkin shrimp are adorable!!!


Pictures?

Galligak 02-05-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifulbettas (Post 2821927)
Pictures?

They aren't the best but here are some.

Shrimp:
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...61d13c15ec.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...0185e674a9.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...beb03d0965.jpg
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...225c6e346a.jpg

Floaters:
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...fdf2588c1a.jpg

FTS:
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...8a9008b9c7.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality. I might try to get some with the camera later tonight!

Alan79 02-06-2014 08:16 AM

Applied a second dose of fungus cure to my tank. One fish looks clear of the side fungus while the original tetra with mouth fungus must have been kissing. Now 2 NTs have mouth fungus.

Autumnsky 02-06-2014 12:27 PM

LOVE the Pumpkin Shrimp!

Fibsog 02-06-2014 06:47 PM

Oh no oh no i found a baby snail! Just one i don't think its the child of Gary though....i didn't rinse the anacharis stupid me!!!! I may need to get assassin snails soon....

Autumnsky 02-06-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2823461)
Oh no oh no i found a baby snail! Just one i don't think its the child of Gary though....i didn't rinse the anacharis stupid me!!!! I may need to get assassin snails soon....

OOPS! JK
They are good cleaners, don't over feed and smash the ones you don't want, or give them to someone who wants them. I love my snails.

Fibsog 02-06-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2823578)
OOPS! JK
They are good cleaners, don't over feed and smash the ones you don't want, or give them to someone who wants them. I love my snails.

He is two mm long. Just one, and he is staying. I would never crush a lil buddy though ;)

Autumnsky 02-07-2014 03:07 AM

Understand, things are different if you have one, than if you have 100.

Today I cleaned the Aquaclear 110 inside and out, cleaned the 16G filter and prefilter, and the prefilter in the 12.

Did 10-20% pwc in 37G, 12G, 5G Chi.

Took some pics of my fish.

I have my albums full so I will have to add more later.

here is my crazy bamboo shrimp, happily fanning all the time.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture65254.jpg

Alan79 02-07-2014 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2824089)
Understand, things are different if you have one, than if you have 100.

Today I cleaned the Aquaclear 110 inside and out, cleaned the 16G filter and prefilter, and the prefilter in the 12.

Did 10-20% pwc in 37G, 12G, 5G Chi.

Took some pics of my fish.

I have my albums full so I will have to add more later.

here is my crazy bamboo shrimp, happily fanning all the time.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture65254.jpg

I can imagine that shrimp saying do you even lift bro. Have they all got large legs like that or is he an anomaly? Looks pretty cool.

I bought two more Rasboras to complete my school. I have 8 now. I am considering moving the new pair into a newly set up tank as the starter fish fairly soon. I have a load of cycled media to get things running. 6 fish in QT in total divided by 2 tanks so my fish with fungus can continue treatment without the addition of potential new problems with my new stock.

My sister and niece visited today and wanted to see my fish. They normally only show a touch of excitement but today they saw Kuhlis and my small bristlenose decided to show off his/her belly and cleaning technique on the glass. Sister said she would love a Bristlenose plec as a passing comment (sucker fish in her words) and had to put up with me trying to get a 20g set up in her house until she tires of it. I had to feed some bloodworms to get the kuhlis out. They were grossed out by the worms but loved the Kuhlis which they had not spotted before today. Sister was even 95% correctin her memory of Kuhli Lurches. They had a tonne of questions that i enjoyed answering. I will get them to adopt a tank eventually. Niece told me i have too many tanksmaybe in hopes i would donate one ofthe 8 empties i have. I would happily donate one if she is allowed.

Autumnsky 02-07-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan79 (Post 2824153)
I can imagine that shrimp saying do you even lift bro. Have they all got large legs like that or is he an anomaly? Looks pretty cool.

I bought two more Rasboras to complete my school. I have 8 now. I am considering moving the new pair into a newly set up tank as the starter fish fairly soon. I have a load of cycled media to get things running. 6 fish in QT in total divided by 2 tanks so my fish with fungus can continue treatment without the addition of potential new problems with my new stock.

My sister and niece visited today and wanted to see my fish. They normally only show a touch of excitement but today they saw Kuhlis and my small bristlenose decided to show off his/her belly and cleaning technique on the glass. Sister said she would love a Bristlenose plec as a passing comment (sucker fish in her words) and had to put up with me trying to get a 20g set up in her house until she tires of it. I had to feed some bloodworms to get the kuhlis out. They were grossed out by the worms but loved the Kuhlis which they had not spotted before today. Sister was even 95% correctin her memory of Kuhli Lurches. They had a tonne of questions that i enjoyed answering. I will get them to adopt a tank eventually. Niece told me i have too many tanksmaybe in hopes i would donate one ofthe 8 empties i have. I would happily donate one if she is allowed.

Sounds like you maybe getting them "hooked" - had to use one of the newly available smilies :BIG:

Those shrimp are a little different variety than any I have had or seen before. I also got a 2" one but haven't seen it lately so it maybe fell prey to one of the bigger bottom feeders after a molt, though I hope it just found a different area it likes better to fan, and I can't see it...

This one looks like an anchor. The others, I have seen mainly for the last few years, have a much more refined look to them. This guy and all the more recent ones the store has been getting look somewhat mutant, or rugged to phrase it a bit nicer.

Darylb 02-07-2014 12:04 PM

Well I didn't physically do anything with my tank today but I did finish drawing the stand up for my 55 gal bow front what do you think? Still gotta build the frame that's going to hold the 2 400watt halides haha just trying to work out the hight

Darylb 02-07-2014 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot the pic of the stand haha Attachment 221226

Krissycakes 02-07-2014 12:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I took this 10g apart yesterday, then filled it up with eco complete and sfgiants plants I got:)

Autumnsky 02-07-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darylb (Post 2824348)
Forgot the pic of the stand haha Attachment 221226

You are going to build it????? Wow!

I think you may need a couple additional brace pieces around the bow for support and tacking on the front skin so it doesn't get dented in as easily. Not really explaining myself well. A couple more vertical parts in the bow area to support the skin on the out side. Of course I don't know the rest of the design, for instance if you aren't covering it with anything.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissycakes (Post 2824353)
I took this 10g apart yesterday, then filled it up with eco complete and sfgiants plants I got:)

Love the colors in the plants! What kinds are they?

Krissycakes 02-07-2014 02:05 PM

I bought sfgiants colorful plant package. The only one I remember is ludwigia repens lok

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Krissycakes 02-07-2014 02:06 PM

Lol* and some p. Kawa-something hehe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

caseysd80 02-07-2014 02:31 PM

Fed them and added melafix and fungus clear. Been watching the fish most of the day because there's nothing on tv

ashleynicole 02-07-2014 09:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rescape again! Better?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

enrgizerbunny 02-07-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darylb (Post 2824348)
Forgot the pic of the stand haha Attachment 221226

Is that a drawing for wood or steel? You have "20mm galv" and an approximate weight of 400kgs?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Darylb 02-07-2014 10:52 PM

It's going to be steel the weight is for the tank and everything inside it I went a lot more then it actually is because I want to be safe with it load capacity and I was thinking of putting more braces on the bow part I just gotta leave enough room to fit a sump in there

Alan79 02-08-2014 12:08 AM

I rearranged stones for one tier in a 20g i have been scaping for the thousandth time. I couldn't get it to look right. I decided that the stones in the front tier look cluttered however i re-arrange them. So I went to the LFS because i needed :rolleyes: a bit of driftwood that would make the tier look less constructed. The bit i bought has a nice cave baby fist sized with a small round entrance. It (cave) was wrapped and hidden when i bought so it was a bonus to find it under the plastic wrap and label. It's pretty much just what i needed to get the scape how i wanted it. I may spend a couple of hours boiling it then tank it and begin filling and planting today.

I also picked up some Pongols to go with the pair of Dwarf pongols i have to create some flow in size. This scape will almost be stem free so the Pongols will stand out amongst a Crypt heavy planting scheme. My Dwarf Pongol gets hidden by stems all the time in the current set up so i hope they become more viewable in the new scape. They don't fit well with stems.

Fishdude3233 02-08-2014 12:12 AM

Found berried female shrimp, sold some java moss, worked in the fishroom downstairs etc

twiddlemuffin 02-08-2014 12:23 AM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Added a new betta! Attachment 221341 also had to turn in my blood parrot. He turned on me. :(

Fishdude3233 02-08-2014 12:27 AM

Really good looking one too!!

Autumnsky 02-08-2014 12:30 AM

Cleaned out the fish supplies drawers, threw out lots of trash, found some fish foods that were all the way to the bottom, so I don't have to buy some for a little while. lol Fed frozen Brine Shrimp. Did some research for new projects. Still trying to decide which tanks to keep/change or get rid of. :ermm:

The Koi Angel pair is cleaning in their tank!!! Maybe eggs.

Fibsog 02-08-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2825191)
Cleaned out the fish supplies drawers, threw out lots of trash, found some fish foods that were all the way to the bottom, so I don't have to buy some for a little while. lol Fed frozen Brine Shrimp. Did some research for new projects. Still trying to decide which tanks to keep/change or get rid of. :ermm:

The Koi Angel pair is cleaning in their tank!!! Maybe eggs.

What do frozen brine shrimp eat? Kidding. Sounds like a good day!

Fibsog 02-08-2014 02:26 AM

Fed all fish, watched. Man my cobratail endler pair is broken up I'm so sad :( muncho went missing on wed.

Cichlid ism 02-08-2014 12:53 PM

Added a koralia 425 circulation pump to my aquarium. My fish love the added water movement :)

hitman11 02-08-2014 03:09 PM

Put some plants and wood they love it

paul87 02-08-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiddlemuffin (Post 2825185)
Added a new betta! also had to turn in my blood parrot. He turned on me. :(

Beautiful

Autumnsky 02-08-2014 11:33 PM

Found my Koi Angels laid eggs, and fertilized them (in progress).

Helped a lady at the fish store who just bought a new tank and wanted to put in a Red Parrot and a 4 inch Fantail Goldy. And is having abirthday party soon and the theme is Fire and Water and she wants every one to bring her a candle or a fish for her tank :eek::eek::eek::blink:

So I tried to work through the info of what to do and gave her the forum info. She left with two young Red Parrots and 2 Tiger Barbs for her 36G. I hope things will work out for her I mentioned she should maybe not go with the birthday fish idea because they dont always go together....etc. etc. etc.

Brought home two female Bettas, one looks like a placket bright & dark blue and the other is a Crowntail pale blue iridescent.

Fibsog 02-09-2014 12:25 AM

Got a pleco, 3 long fin danios, 1 amano shrimp, set up a 1g for a betta, got a betta. Life is good.

twiddlemuffin 02-09-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2826697)
Got a pleco, 3 long fin danios, 1 amano shrimp, set up a 1g for a betta, got a betta. Life is good.


What kinda pleco ? I thought you had a 10g :(

Fibsog 02-09-2014 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiddlemuffin (Post 2826740)
What kinda pleco ? I thought you had a 10g :(

Well im not sure. This is for my 20 long. It was in the store labeled small assorted plecos. We will see. If it is too big i will give away, he is 2 inches long right now.

Fibsog 02-09-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2826755)
Well im not sure. This is for my 20 long. It was in the store labeled small assorted plecos. We will see. If it is too big i will give away, he is 2 inches long right now.

I am pretty sure it is a smaller pleco species.

anachrotech 02-09-2014 03:44 PM

Determined by testing that I have to do a minimal of 30% water changes at least 2 times a week otherwise nitrate level will go above 40. Tank is really clear now. Can't determine why my EBJD won't eat whether lights are on or off. I theorized initially this was due to clearing of an algae bloom that lasted months and now that he can see, he stressed. I don't know. Acts normally, but slight bulge on his left side has me concerned.

Alan79 02-10-2014 06:46 AM

Did a massive trim and replant of my 20g. I removed more than i left in the tank. It was at jungle stage and i had some stems that were twined together from one side of the tank to the other shading everything. I moved a large dwarf hairgrass from the middle of the tank to the side where i have a grove of them. It really filled out the grove and added some height. It grew tall in the shadow of Ludwigiaand is about an inch taller than the rest of the plants. I can see Cabomba again now that its trimmed. Will have to do smaller regular trimmings. I also did a 50% WC afterwards to clear up the substrate where i removed plants. I am due to do another fungus dosage now too, but i will do it before bed so i can enjoy the trimmed tank before coloring the water with dye.

I also shuffled filters round. This tank now has an uncycled 30g plus a small filter that is cycled and good for about 15g. I had it paired with another filter in this tank. hopefully it stays fully cycled i mashed the sponges together when doing WC so some bacteria should have transferred. I will split the stock in this tank once my Rasboras in QT are ready to join the community. I hate being overstocked but i saved 7 abandoned fish which tipped me past recommended stocking levels. Pretty happy with the nights work and i have 20 minutes to enjoy the tank before the timer switches off the lights.

Autumnsky 02-10-2014 02:23 PM

PWC on my 5G Chi with the new baby sorority of 3, fed the babies and the new Glowlights and Metae Cory pair, in QT.

Saw a gorgeous green and golden Dragonscsale the other day at the petstore, if he is still there I will probably get him. Was trying not to...so that's one reason I decided to think it over. :ermm: I am really wanting a Mustard Gas and a purple and orange Mustard gas looking one from Thailand :facepalm: Hate it when they are calling your name...

Put away all the aquarium stuff i left out the last two days from when I get too busy to complete my tasks. Ahh the life of a fish keeper. Need to do a pwc on the 72G tonight or in the morning. That is the last one and I will be caught up.:whip:

QuilterFish 02-11-2014 12:36 AM

I cleaned the glass, check salinity and temperature several times since I just started the heater yesterday-new set-up.

twiddlemuffin 02-11-2014 02:07 AM

I redid my rocks and added hides in my betta tank.

Salty_Dawg 02-11-2014 08:16 PM

Spent an hour searching for a goby

Aquaenthused 02-11-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty_Dawg (Post 2831001)
Spent an hour searching for a goby

I hear you there!! They are like the horse head loach of the saltwater world.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fishman007 02-11-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaenthused (Post 2831247)

I hear you there!! They are like the horse head loach of the saltwater world.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine dont ever hide? I have a YWMG who loves to be rubbed on the back and a black clown goby in my 3g who bites my finger when im working in his tank lol. Also my 2 purple fire fish (not gobys but whatever) in my 37g are always out

Have you had experience with some hiding?

Fishman007 02-11-2014 11:07 PM

Dosed prazi in the 20 after a 5g wc, bought another battery powered air motor for $15 at petsmart, snow storm tonight, power outages on the horizion! Hopefully not for me though ;). Hand fed the 37g and my big blenny bit my hand 4 times lol, feels like a cats tongue! Also my valentini clipped my finger nails for me aswell.

Pistol shrimp attacked my big 2" blue nuckel hermit in the 20, hunger little guy kills anything in sight! Heres his murder listing so far-
2 margarita snails
1 banded trochus snail
6 dwarf zebra hermits
And has made many attempts to catch the blue tux urchin and baby blenny.

My big emerald crab has also made attempts to capture the blenny.

Topped of the 3g, also did a 30% wc on it.

15g wc on the 37g

Aquaenthused 02-11-2014 11:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Took on 2 new cichlids. They were given to me by a mom who didn't realize there was a difference between African and NW cichlids and normal community fish so these guys were deemed 'too hostile'. I set up this 29g using the Frankenstein my established giant tanks so all decor items, substrate and filters are matured, along with 15g of water from my hospital tank.

Does anyone have a clue on the African what species I'm looking at, what lake/river he/she is from and will I be okay using a 75g octagonal for the school I know I'm gonna wind up getting?

I'm also not sure on the other guy either- the lady said she bought it as a firemouth- obviously mislabeled. Is he a severum or festivum? He's going to be sharing a 90g with a Dempsey and 2 pollini once the tank is cycled and he gets a couple inches bigger (7 inch Dempsey, a 5 inch pollini and a 6 inch pollini would demolish this 2 1/2 incher, but he's got fight!!

I also cleaned my 125g flowerhorn tank of the unsightly algae from accidental full sun exposure (I was away for a couple of days and my cats knocked the curtains in my kitchen down). On a good note, at least my bristle nose pleco are nice and busy.

Also played ping pong with my Oscars- Piggy and Gino using a hyacinth bulb.

Total water changed= 100g
Total time spent = 15 hours
Partial changing for my 90g, 125g, 150g, 40g, 60g, 65g, 20g, 10g and 5g!!

I'm one tired aquarium freak!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aquaenthused 02-11-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishman007 (Post 2831254)
Mine dont ever hide? I have a YWMG who loves to be rubbed on the back and a black clown goby in my 3g who bites my finger when im working in his tank lol. Also my 2 purple fire fish (not gobys but whatever) in my 37g are always out

Have you had experience with some hiding?

I have- I have a tank that I set up and maintain for a buddy of mine. His sleeper goby, shrimp goby and WM goby go unseen for a couple days at a time- but the tank is 300g and a full grown stars and stripes puffer is quite the beast to hide from in 240lbs of live rock ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Autumnsky 02-12-2014 01:24 AM

Did a pwc on the QT tank and added a few more fish, the Glowlights. Added Stress Coat too. Also the same with a male Dragonscale Betta, new guy, he is blue and golden yellow. He isn't in the best shape but doesn't look too bad either, also in QT by himself. Pics in the next few days, sorry you have to wait. Added a little heater to the Chi, had used it's heater for the QT.

Alan79 02-12-2014 01:43 AM

Feeding. 40% WC on 36g. 50% WC on 20g. Dosedfungus cure in the 20g. Fed QT tank.

Alan79 02-12-2014 03:47 AM

Sorry for the 2 posts in a row but i just returned from a visit to the new LFS that opened this week. The owner talked my ear off and wouldn't let me look at the fish for long :nono:. He is an enthusiastic fish lover and very excited about making a living out of his fish. He said he opened because the other LFS is expensive and offers no variety in filtration etc. Their fish all looked in good health. It sounds like he is going to be good for the hobby in town. He said he plans to get a few fish experts to lecture here. He had a background breednig marine fish and 4 varieties of seahorse. He has about 60 FW tanks in now and plans to add about 60 more for the reef side of things over the next three weeks. This shop is going to be great i think, but is a bit isolated so it could struggle without walk in customers.

And best of all the plants he had there were all different from what i am growing in my tanks :dance:. I just bought some Hygro Pisces/Sunset Hygro. I have a plant capable of becoming RED :brows: It has nice leaf patterns even if it does not go red. Would have bought another couple of plants but i only had $15 on me. I now have two shops in town that call out to me. My wallet may need resuscitating from the regular beatings it will be taking now.

Fishman007 02-12-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaenthused (Post 2831308)

I have- I have a tank that I set up and maintain for a buddy of mine. His sleeper goby, shrimp goby and WM goby go unseen for a couple days at a time- but the tank is 300g and a full grown stars and stripes puffer is quite the beast to hide from in 240lbs of live rock ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any pics? Lol no wonder those gobies hide!

Aquaenthused 02-12-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishman007 (Post 2831899)
Any pics? Lol no wonder those gobies hide!

I wish I had some, but I don't take pics of tanks that aren't mine, I'm weird like that, but I'll see if he has any and get links if possible. And yes, Mr Man (the puffers name) is quite the force to be reckoned with, splits fingertips of people crazy enough to tease him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

SKB 02-12-2014 08:12 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
I had to move someone. I ended up moving my gold saum.. He's grown to believe he owns the tank.. Which he should it's his size, but he wouldn't let anyone else out, my Pleco has chunks all over his fins taken out and tailless (my oh so special firemouth) had been cichlid stone bound for a few days popping his head out to bite at food and my jack Dempsey was starting to show signs of being scared. I took out all of the flat rocks, that made the gold saum want to breed, I tried warmer/colder temps so he wouldn't want to breed, still, he owned the tank and if anyone was seen moving, there's a problem. I was ping to move tailless, because he was having the biggest issue, the gold saum and jack Dempsey not liking his presence.... I must have not added him young enough.. He was last..

I'm torn tho. Because I don't see myself getting a bigger tank anymore. I planned on it. But at this point, I need one now and I can't. So... I have my 75 gallon and the 20 gallon, I need to either keep my dream fish, the gold saum that I've finally been able to tell is male, which I was hoping for. Or I re home the gold saum, and hope the jack Dempsey will deal with my firemouth (tailless) ...

My jack Dempsey and firemouth are so special.

Jack is blind in one eye, due to opaque eye at a young age when someone else owned it, and I started with him.

Tailless is special, all in his name. From all me and my lfs knows, he was born tailless and has done so well up until now.

My gold saum was my 2nd and I found out about his breed after I had researched a lot, and since then, he's been my dream fish.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 big decisions to be made.

I wouldn't feel so bad re homing someone if I knew they were a good home, and that I could get updates.. But still.

IShallNtEatFish 02-12-2014 08:12 PM

Got my betta captain America a new filter his old one threw him around

enrgizerbunny 02-12-2014 10:57 PM

Yesterday I did a 30 gallon water change. Should have been 60% but the tank looked like it was 75% empty. Did a thorough gravel vac of everywhere I could reach without moving decor. Did filter maintenance, removed the crushed coral that was loosely all over the place and replaced it with a pouch made of women's tights with the CC in it. Tried to add another sponge on top of it but there wasn't enough room.

paul87 02-13-2014 12:03 AM

I've been gone from my tank 3 days now out of state working. Trusting my girlfriend to take care of my baby! Should be back Sunday to check out my losses....LOL

jwh0818 02-13-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul87 (Post 2832603)
I've been gone from my tank 3 days now out of state working. Trusting my girlfriend to take care of my baby! Should be back Sunday to check out my losses....LOL

Haha jumping to conclusions already! Be afraid bud, be very afraid!

J-John 02-13-2014 01:35 AM

Moved my tanks around in the mancave, did a 20% water change, stared at it for about 30mins, shut off the lights and enjoyed the shimmer from my blue lights, now imma search CL for more fish.

Fresh2o 02-13-2014 12:28 PM

PWC. Changed the liquid in my CO2 drop checker. It has been blue for a few days. Light green now.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.