Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Ayi 02-13-2014 07:00 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

3 Attachment(s)
Redid my rock setup in the african tank and 60% WC, 30% on the 20 and rescape and setup a tank for my evil blue zebra. Attachment 222441sAttachment 222442 I might have gone a bit overboard with the hardscape. Attachment 222443

Alan79 02-14-2014 12:38 AM

Had no power this morning so i did a 25% WC on my 20g and a 20% on my 36g which had recently had a 50% WC. Rang power company to sort it out and fortunately i have power again now. I was worrying about my fish while at work. Seemingly no ill fish though. Guess it was good that i chose thursday to fast the fish so poop probably wasn't a massive issue today. Fish looked like they were ready to jump at my hand for the food when i fed them they don't fast very often.

QuilterFish 02-14-2014 01:04 PM

I checked my parameters, cleaned the glass, wiped the underside of the lid, checked temperature and searched for any life inside my one week old Coralife BioCube. Saw some legs wiggling out of the rocks, think it's brittle star appendages. Saw many little 3/8" long somethings crawling very fast on one or two of the rocks; look like millepedes.

Fibsog 02-14-2014 02:38 PM

Siphoned gravel. All for now.

Kittykat364 02-14-2014 07:02 PM

Did a 30% PWC on my 29gal, 50% PWC on my 2.5 gal and going to do a 50% on the fry tank now! All in a day's work.

Fishman007 02-14-2014 07:13 PM

Filled the 15g QT back up, getting another fish for the 37, found a 6 month old sundial snail finally! Hes already eaten about $40 worth of zoas, stupid snail! Buried him in the ice...

Alasse 02-14-2014 07:58 PM

Water change day, 4ft, 3.5ft, 3ft, 2.5ft and nanos all get between a 25% & 50% WC

Good day for playing with water, gonna be a warm one!

JSkogh 02-14-2014 11:57 PM

Freshwater lobster and 4 pink zebra danios added today

hitman11 02-15-2014 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Add aquatic frog and watch the behavior of the fish before I put it in and after Attachment 222697

Delapool 02-15-2014 02:08 AM

Clean tank and canister filter. Filter doesn't work - read instructions which should say 'it will work just after you are completely frustrated with it'. All seems back to normal and working, no leaks.

Fibsog 02-15-2014 03:17 AM

Fed all fishies, counted money for petsmart tomorrow. 6$. Meh, ill get a guppy and betta or such. Siphoned.

venymae 02-15-2014 03:38 AM

Looked at the empty fund jar. Rearranged the ten gallon. Did a WC on both tanks. Took pictures of the neons (they have gutter gills (made that term up), still trying to get info on it)

jwh0818 02-15-2014 09:31 AM

Well today I'm gonna tear down my 20g Long and turn it into a lamprologus multifasciatus tank a.k.a. multi tank or shelly tank!

Kittykat364 02-15-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2835579)
Well today I'm gonna tear down my 20g Long and turn it into a lamprologus multifasciatus tank a.k.a. multi tank or shelly tank!

Cool! I'm on a road trip right now but once I get home I'm setting up a multi tank! They are such small bundles of personality!

jwh0818 02-15-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittykat364 (Post 2835617)

Cool! I'm on a road trip right now but once I get home I'm setting up a multi tank! They are such small bundles of personality!

Yes they are! That's why I want them! And they like shells which is really cool!

Fishman007 02-15-2014 10:47 AM

Getting $110 worth of zoas today, maybe some palys too.

skullminerteam 02-15-2014 06:47 PM

Watched my pleco eat algae tabs XD the guppis eat it too. Getting ready fibsog is gonna give me his killy and platie! :0 exited!

Krissycakes 02-18-2014 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I bought this plant today and I don't know what it is, neither did the person who sold it to me. And I thought someone here can help me.

Autumnsky 02-18-2014 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delapool (Post 2835414)
Clean tank and canister filter. Filter doesn't work - read instructions which should say 'it will work just after you are completely frustrated with it'. All seems back to normal and working, no leaks.

Mine also said, "and after you have flooded your floor..."!

Checked my QT, saw a problem but was leaving out the door for work. Dosed some Prime and Stress Coat. They looked better, but doing a 50% pwc now that I am home.

Autumnsky 02-18-2014 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissycakes (Post 2840009)
So I bought this plant today and I don't know what it is, neither did the person who sold it to me. And I thought someone here can help me.

First thing I thought of was Cyperus helferi. I have only seen it in the tissue culture packs though.

Krissycakes 02-18-2014 04:39 AM

Thanks Autumn sky will research that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Delapool 02-18-2014 04:59 AM

Lol - yes water goes everywhere.

Aquaenthused 02-18-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissycakes (Post 2840009)

I don't think it's helferi, I've grown a lot in my planted tanks... If it were saltwater I would say it looks like chaeto....

Krissycakes 02-18-2014 05:48 AM

Yeah it doesn't look like it. And yeah its fresh water. Time to start a thread. Thanks guys

54seaweed 02-18-2014 02:23 PM

well I got my fw tank going still need to hook up the filter and heater but I think its a good start
now just need it to cycle now
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...cf63afccf9.jpg

jwh0818 02-18-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2840566)
well I got my fw tank going still need to hook up the filter and heater but I think its a good start

What size is that? Looks nice!

54seaweed 02-18-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2840569)
What size is that? Looks nice!

40g :D:thumb::fish1:

jwh0818 02-18-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2840570)
40g :D:thumb::fish1:

Nice! Looks great!

Autumnsky 02-18-2014 02:44 PM

Well did 70% pwc on the qt tank again this morning, found one dead fish this morning, did one last night too, think I already mentioned that. Ran out of Prime last night so will be getting another bottle on the way to work, using Stress Coat this morning. My 2 Metae Cories are still alright as far as I can tell they are my favorites...

Setting up pick up for some new blood line, Blue Velvet Shrimp, some CPO's and some plants this week from semi local hobbyist.:thumb:

Cleaned my planted bowl and then grabbed some moss and plants for member here on the way to the PO in a few!

Why do I have to go to work, why can't I just play with my fish tanks all day...oh yeah so I can afford to play with my fish tanks all day!:D

trickshot3102 02-18-2014 04:21 PM

I have yet to feed my little guys, I'm still at school and Im really looking forward to feeding them :) I did a water change yesterday. I'm thinking one of my mollies are pregnant :)

Shelley_lou 02-18-2014 06:51 PM

Had a complete overhaul of my tank today. I changed from gravel substrate to a dirt + sand one and I love it.

Totally underestimated how long it would take to net the fish, never doing that again!

Went to LFS with my five year old to teach him about the various exotic animals they have there and he also chose 4 neon dwarf rainbows to add to the tank.

Almost completely happy with the tank now, next on the list is a lighting upgrade I think.

skullminerteam 02-18-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 2840566)
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...cf63afccf9.jpg

You should do german rams and a school of red eye tetra

skullminerteam 02-18-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullminerteam (Post 2841103)
You should do german rams and a school of red eye tetra

And a bush nose pleco

D_Tristan22 02-18-2014 09:50 PM

I added 3 kuhli loaches and 2 blue snails (:

Krissycakes 02-18-2014 11:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to a lfh, this guy sells fish out of his house. I bought 4 gold snails, Malaysian DW and two different types of plants, one stem and one crypt. Think it is the miyo crypt. Also, checked on Betta fry. All is well. Fed all and did WC on 20gs.

sjonesej0 02-19-2014 12:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I removed this sad apparatus. It was a wonderful theory "Aquaframing" but it never completely worked out right. For either of us. Attachment 223521
So long...

jwh0818 02-19-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjonesej0 (Post 2841473)
Today I removed this sad apparatus. It was a wonderful theory "Aquaframing" but it never completely worked out right. For either of us.
So long...

Them things are scams. Welcome to AA. We actually had a thread about them a few weeks ago.

sjonesej0 02-19-2014 12:19 AM

It seemed like such a great idea at the time! **** them!

sjonesej0 02-19-2014 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how I feel with my new tank though: Attachment 223525

Krissycakes 02-19-2014 12:21 AM

They also have the one that play music. But I don't think my fish will appreciate my genre he he so yeah, never bought it.

sjonesej0 02-19-2014 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The theory was cool, the practice was infuriating. But in lieu of that, I am happy now with my new tank. Attachment 223527

jwh0818 02-19-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjonesej0 (Post 2841525)
The theory was cool, the practice was infuriating. But in lieu of that, I am happy now with my new tank.

Very nice tank. What size? What stock?

sjonesej0 02-19-2014 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a 6 gallon. Fluval Edge with a fiddler crab named Squishy whose really a demigod, 2 neon Tetras that I haven't decided if I like yet, and a white Molly that I bought to replace my old fish Apricot. Attachment 223528

Autumnsky 02-19-2014 03:58 AM

Changed my QT 70% pwc, moved the Metae Cories to the 16G, didn't lose any more Glowlights. Feeling a little better about that.

Alan79 02-21-2014 06:11 AM

I bought some Crypt Balansae and 6 more of my favorite fish. I have 12 Kuhli loaches now 6 will be going into the new 20g i have cycled after three weeks with seeded media squeezings. The other 6 i already have will join them when i know these guys aren't sick and i can catch them :blink:. I'll try a small hollow clay log and a stocking to trap them. I have to decide whether to move a school of neon tetras or Harlequin Rasboras in with them. Rasboras and Kuhlis tank specs match better so i'll probably go that way. Will add some shrimp later. only the kuhlis will go in today.

I was going to buy a 55g with good cannister filter, heater and dual T5 lighting for $250. Someone offered their asking price $350 after they had agreed for me to pick it up tomorrow but will only come to look at the tank on tuesday :banghead: This tank had no scratches and the filter was only 4 months old and still had the receipt. Tank was only 6 months old and they upgraded. I want to steal their 150g tank as they aren't treating it right :angel:

Alan79 02-21-2014 07:27 PM

I'm pretty pleased with how my new Kuhlis are doing in their new tank. I custom desinged this scape so it would have accessible hiding places from about 60% of the floor of the tank. I read somewhere that Kuhlis will come out more if they don't feel far from safety and i will tentatively say it is 100% true. I've had 6 kuhlis in another tank for a couple of months that are incredibly shy and have few hides. I don't see them much. The new 20g with 6 kuhli and more hides than they can use at once has 6 kuhlis swimming about in every area of the tank. Very impressed to finally see them swimming together freely in lighted conditions. Such a nice change from having to search to spot 1 or 2.

jwh0818 02-21-2014 07:33 PM

Yesterday- 75% wc on the 20g to get Trates back down to 5ppm. Cleaned the filter very well and added another piece of AC foam for more biological area. Tank is 100% clear now and ill be treating with peroxide soon to kill off the algae.

Today- picked up 150lbs. of rock for the scapegoat on my 75g. Washed em thoroughly and soaking em atm. 50% wc on the 75g because it had a nasty brown foam building up on top. I assumed it was protein layer or what not.

enrgizerbunny 02-21-2014 10:40 PM

Yesterday- Returned one of my kissing gouramis to petco for adoption, kept the larger one. Picked up more frozen bloodworms.

Today-Visited a Richmond aquarium and picked up some of their (albeit expensive) house brand veggie flakes, a feeding station and some seaweed clips for the romaine. Also visited home depot and picked up most of the plumbing for my aquaponics attachment for the tropical tank. Need a valve and a check valve but we're getting there.

SKB 02-22-2014 12:39 AM

Cried last night over my one of a kind fish I had to rehome. Cried cried. Today I stair at my tank, with my lone gold saum aka green terror and two plecos. He isn't attacking me anymore, and he's keeping the tank interesting, everything back in the tank, not dispersed through several tanks, and I realize, even though I lost some fish I could never get back, (well unless I begged heehee), I am happy with my decision. My gold saum is my dream fish and I am a Pleco lover. A sigh of relief as I get pictures of my rehomed fish doing well, and a smile on my face as I feel guilt going away.

jwh0818 02-22-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKB (Post 2845664)
Cried last night over my one of a kind fish I had to rehome. Cried cried. Today I stair at my tank, with my lone gold saum aka green terror and two plecos. He isn't attacking me anymore, and he's keeping the tank interesting, everything back in the tank, not dispersed through several tanks, and I realize, even though I lost some fish I could never get back, (well unless I begged heehee), I am happy with my decision. My gold saum is my dream fish and I am a Pleco lover. A sigh of relief as I get pictures of my rehomed fish doing well, and a smile on my face as I feel guilt going away.

Doesn't it hurt so good to rehome a beloved fish who will do better somewhere else?

SKB 02-22-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2845670)
Doesn't it hurt so good to rehome a beloved fish who will do better somewhere else?

Yeah... But I still wasn't a complete believer they would take care of them as well as I did. Only because they weren't in my sites. But the same night they were rehomed my jack Dempsey was swimming right next to the others and resting with them at night. Tailless was skittish at first and hiding, I expected being a scared fish. But today, tailless is out and about.. Like I said one of a kind fish. but I wouldn't let just anyone take them. So as my bf says, it'll be ok. :)

Alan79 02-22-2014 01:48 AM

Bought some Lileopsis and either dwarf or regular hairgrass for my Kuhli tank. Also found a cheap used camera that lets me take better pictures than my phone or laptop. I'll upload some pics later when i have rescaped my plants. My Kuhlis are being photogenic so i'll take a few more pics before the rescape so they don't start hiding. Must have watched them for three hours today.

54seaweed 02-22-2014 01:57 PM

just finished prepping for my new arrivals that should be here anytime now , fedex should have been here a hour ago

things I've done

10g water change
cleaned out skimmers
rearranged corals
set up my prep table/placed frag tools and plugs in order for easy access
water change in qt tank for the new wrasse
set up acclimation station
cleaned out coral dip bucket
wait he just pulled in

Kittykat364 02-22-2014 02:24 PM

Today I worried about my tank and how well my sister took care of it the week I was gone... :S

Autumnsky 02-22-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittykat364 (Post 2846318)
Today I worried about my tank and how well my sister took care of it the week I was gone... :S

That is always a little scary...

Well been very busy here, been doing daily, occasionally 2x daily, 50-70% pwc on my qt to keep the water in good condition. Think my bb just wasn't as abundant as I thought. Moved half of the Glowlight Tetras yesterday to the 72G, they are really happy, and will move the rest tomorrow.

Found a pretty Blue Ram and he is now in my QT.

Here is a pic of my female Betta in my 5G Chi tank.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture65494.jpg

Probably picking up my new shrimp today, had car problems the other day so couldn't pic them up, and the CPO's, and more aquarium plants for my tanks. 2 days ago I got some nice Ludwigia Repens.

Finally getting a lid for my Chi tank online, some shrimp food and small algae wafers... can only find the giant ones at the store.

Couple days ago bought 5 kinds of food to replenish the fish food drawer! Got frozen baby brine shrimp and didn't realize how tiny they were, lol, untill they went into the tank. The Angels didn't even see them to eat them. But the Cories found them and were doing the happy dance!!!

Checking on a new used tank, a 6.6G Edge, waiting to see if it is still available from CL, looking at the possibility of venturing into the salty side!?!!!! Something simple, and easy...:rolleyes:

twiddlemuffin 02-22-2014 04:06 PM

Nothing yet, about to head off to the petco 50% off sale. Pretty excited for some new additions.

venymae 02-22-2014 05:46 PM

Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.

jwh0818 02-22-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venymae (Post 2846589)
Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.

Oh no that's horrible, I'm very sorry to hear that

Autumnsky 02-22-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Oh, that is so tragic. Accidents happen, don't beat yourself up. Take some time..., because it sad and heart aching. So sorry for your loss, it is even harder when it is a favorite fish.

karancon 02-22-2014 07:26 PM

Added 6 neons and 1 rumnynose tetra, think he's lonely, going to try to get 4 more tomorrow. Also added a java fern

karancon 02-22-2014 07:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your beta, and I apologize for my post, I posted in the wrong place. I feel awful whenever any of them die.

Alan79 02-22-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

:(
Very sad about your betta, and the larger tragedy you have had to deal with. I hope the pain gets easier to deal with as time passes :flowers:

Autumnsky 02-23-2014 02:39 AM

Found a couple of great big plants at a lfs. Kleiner Bar Sword and a fluffy big Java Fern.

Went crazy at Petco sale. Found lots of plants, and a few inverts and some new female Bettas.

Got a Dumbo Ear Betta for 3.75.

Found a problem after putting in my Betta girls to the tank, the one in there was attacking the rest and after pulling him out figured it was a placket male. He has grown up a little since I got him so it is easier to see him.

So the other two females which disappeared were probably killed :nono: He is now in a small bowl and none too pleased about it. Going to take him back to the store unless my daughter wants him.

So tired from all the shopping for the tanks. Also found the Edge tank is still available, so maybe picking it up in the beginning of the week.

But happy!

skullminerteam 02-23-2014 03:19 AM

Me and fibsog went to the sale, i got a platy and a balloon molly.

manbeast 02-23-2014 03:44 AM

Hit the lfs picked up three acan heads and a palm sized piece of montipora spongeode each for $40 and three nassarius snails, got home dipped and acclimated the corals moved the frag rack from right to left side of tank to minimize the amount of natural sunlight they get since my two year old can't leave the blinds alone and finished up with @ a 20% water change, tomorrow I'll probably play around with one or two of the other tanks

Alan79 02-23-2014 09:29 AM

I wasn't home for long today but managed.
20g #1 25% water change that i am doing every three days, about to add meds which is why i'm doing more frequent WC. Took lots of photos.
20g #2 40% WC to clear up some tannins, added a second T8 for the plants. Took lpts of photos.
Neglected the WC due for the Comets in the 36g. Not keen to take pictures of the scape they destroyed.
All three tanks- Fed pellets and flake in morning peas for dinner.

Now i go to colour my water green. Mouth fungus is not clearing up on one Neon tetra. It reduces in size then breaks out again, i had a second one show up with it after treatment started and it died two days later. Another tetra had fungus on its side which is gone, still some tail damage but it is healing. I have no more filters cycled for an extra QT tank and my QT tank has 2 new Harlequin Rasboras QT'd for 2 weeks now. Supposedly 4 is the recommended time by others though right? I may move the HR's into the community and the infected Tetra out. I picked up 4 free NT's which were in an unfiltered overfed tank that had been abandoned when the owner changed jobs. I think that three of them had the fungus, 1 died and the first to show signs is still suffering. I don't want it to spread to healthy fish.

J1Time 02-23-2014 09:10 PM

Continued the never ending process of testing the water during my fish-less cycle.

Kuddos 2 U 02-24-2014 10:45 AM

So far today, the only thing that I have done is turn on the light and give the fish there breakfast. :lol:

Autumnsky 02-24-2014 12:27 PM

Doing a pwc today on the 72G & QT and planning (plotting a scheme to justify another new to me tank) on picking up a used 6.6 Edge tank.

Sneaky me...

Kittykat364 02-24-2014 12:45 PM

Fed fish. Got a new 10g yesterday because the zebra danios needed it. Starting to cycle it and justify more fish in it ;)

parky 02-24-2014 01:15 PM

Fed all fish, then sat at a distance hoping to catch my electric blue rams laying there eggs and going into parent mode, as its the first time they will have breed. Have now realised they will more than likely do it while I'm either at work or sleeping. lol

IShallNtEatFish 02-24-2014 02:46 PM

Did a water change in the betta sorority, took the driftwood out, touch discoloration. Gonna soak it for another few weeks.

manbeast 02-24-2014 03:28 PM

Plumbed two new atman ph2500 needlewheel pumps into the recirculating skimmer on my 150 build, the old pumps had been poorly modified by the previous owner and the old pumps and parts are no longer available so it got a little interesting but I think I got it knocked out

Ndefil 02-24-2014 09:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
20 gallon long recharged my purigen and trying to figure out what all these little dots are and how to get rid of them I just did a 50% wc Attachment 224640Attachment 224641Attachment 224642Attachment 224643

D_Tristan22 02-27-2014 03:17 AM

I added a half tale male betta to a new 3 gallon(: hope he likes it.

I'm definitely sure this 3 gallon looks bigger then my 5.5 gallon. So weird!

Autumnsky 02-27-2014 05:06 AM

Fed, topped off water and took some pics. Found out I missed out on the 6.6G CL used edge, they sold it.

Alan79 02-27-2014 05:15 AM

Shopping at the new LFS. I picked up.
- A medium sized bit of driftwood (bargain at $6). It will complete the scape in my Kuhli tank by adding a bit of extra height.
- 5 Red Cherry Shrimp. 3 look pregnant and i also spotted at least three babies in the bag with the adults :D Drip acclimation in progress.
- Frozen Brine shrimp for variety.
Not a bad 15 minutes shopping. The baby shrimp are incredibly cute. I hope the Kuhli don't hunt them.

Yesterday did a big WC on the comet tank and added a couple of fully grown Ramshorns from my breeding stock. I tried adding a younger one that was about half pea sized and my smaller Comet made a snack of it before it reached the sand. Annoyed me because it had an interesting shape to the shell that was different from the others.

Darylb 02-27-2014 05:32 AM

I went and bought some aragonite sand for my new 20 gal nano

KongfuCookie 02-27-2014 10:25 AM

Just fed my baby betta a smashed cooked pea first time ever! Hopefully she will swim to the bottom of the tank soon.

Ndefil 02-27-2014 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got my krib!!!Attachment 225052

jwh0818 02-27-2014 07:29 PM

50% wc on fluffys house to reduce the levels.
Ammonia- .50ppm
Nitrites- 2ppm
Nitrates- 10ppm

All is fairly well but fluffy won't est his pellets (sinking or floating) but will eat fry

Brookster123 02-27-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2853874)
50% wc on fluffys house to reduce the levels. Ammonia- .50ppm Nitrites- 2ppm Nitrates- 10ppm All is fairly well but fluffy won't est his pellets (sinking or floating) but will eat fry

dude those levels are pretty bad.. 2 ppm of trites is brutal on fish gills.. Was that before or after wc?

jwh0818 02-27-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brookster123 (Post 2853894)
dude those levels are pretty bad.. 2 ppm of trites is brutal on fish gills.. Was that before or after wc?

That's before. I'm treating the water every 12 hours to keep the levels safe for the fish. I've been doing a 50% wc every 24 hours

Brookster123 02-27-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2853912)
That's before. I'm treating the water every 12 hours to keep the levels safe for the fish. I've been doing a 50% wc every 24 hours

cool! Not trying to be a know it all , just want the best for that lil oscar! I want to see a 2 pounder in a year!!

jwh0818 02-27-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brookster123 (Post 2853916)
cool! Not trying to be a know it all , just want the best for that lil oscar! I want to see a 2 pounder in a year!!

Noooo I'm lookin at a 6#er if he doesn't start eating these pellets. Then it will be only live food for him unfortunatly.

He seems to love to eat the temp probe

Brookster123 02-27-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2853926)
Noooo I'm lookin at a 6#er if he doesn't start eating these pellets. Then it will be only live food for him unfortunatly. He seems to love to eat the temp probe

even better! Fat boy! That's his name !!

jwh0818 02-27-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brookster123 (Post 2853967)
even better! Fat boy! That's his name !!

Haha no its fluffy because he reminds me of the cotton balls after they draw blood at the doctor :)

Autumnsky 02-27-2014 09:54 PM

Did 2 50% back to back pwc today because I missed yesterday on the QT.

Did 20% on Chi.

Cleaned out snail & plant over flow (2 buckets) and added a Betta, the male that was in the cup marked female, and had been banished from the sorority tank. Figured he would like it in a 5 gallon bucket much more than a pet store Betta cup. Haven't decided to keep him or not yet.

Found one bucket of moss and a few plants I forgot about outside. Curious to see if it survives the VERY cold winter.

Made a huge mess in the 12G Edge tank. Trimmed some plants and replanted the pieces, replanted a number of plants which had been up rooted by the Albino BN Pleco trouble pals. Seems to be what they do for fun, and hide under the DW. 20% pwc before the trimming and a 5-10% after. The water was a big mess with food particles in the substrate from planting and moving around the DW. Guess I am still over feeding. :blink:

Need to try to do a substrate clean soon. Hard because it is mostly plants now. Removed dead leaves, threw a bunch of fresh, trimmed off leaves into the plant bucket to see if they might grow little plantlets, along with some pieces of Foxttail to see if it turns into little plants. Occasionally my Ludwigia Repens x l. Arcuata will grow a little plant on a leaf.

skullminerteam 02-27-2014 10:03 PM

Complete my 20g Molly haven with a double filter system i have 3 platies 2 dalmation mollies 2 black mollies 2 guppies a baby pleco and 3 danios. Its all fake plants an it is supposed to look rainbow because soon i am doing biomes and one is a magic biome https://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...psxgbnvgad.jpg
Before water change

skullminerteam 02-27-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullminerteam (Post 2854096)
Complete my 20g Molly haven with a double filter system i have 3 platies 2 dalmation mollies 2 black mollies 2 guppies a baby pleco and 3 danios. Its all fake plants an it is supposed to look rainbow because soon i am doing biomes and one is a magic biome

2 power filter 40

JSkogh 02-28-2014 02:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just watched my lobster (crayfish) molt!Attachment 225169

IShallNtEatFish 02-28-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2853969)
Haha no its fluffy because he reminds me of the cotton balls after they draw blood at the doctor :)

Wow... Great name tho! I love it! Maybe I he is on a paleo diet ;)

Ndefil 02-28-2014 01:59 PM

What's everyone use as their freshwater community food?

jwh0818 02-28-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndefil (Post 2854765)
What's everyone use as their freshwater community food?

I use api mini tropical pellets

trickshot3102 02-28-2014 02:41 PM

What did I do with my tanks today? Well, I fed both my 40 gal and 10 gal. I gave my 40 gal their Ich meds. Then I did a 25% WC on the 10 gal and did a 10% WC on the 40 gal. OH, I also raised the temp of the 40 gal to 82 degrees (for the Ich). I'm now enjoying both of them right now :)

Autumnsky 02-28-2014 02:56 PM

Mostly anything Hikari, including the frozen and freeze dried foods, from fry food to pond Koi/goldfish food. From dwarf shrimp to Cichlids!

I like some of the other formulations of foods, like Omega One Super cichlid, but they sink too fast for the angels to eat enough unless I stand there and hand feed them a couple pellets at a time.

Also liked the New Life Spectrum with garlic and the fish loved them but they turned the water a little yellow, and maybe break down a little too fast. I was using them for my guppies and fry a lot. Got good results mixing crushed Micro Pellets and NLS with Garlic.

parky 02-28-2014 03:33 PM

Added for corydora swartz's to my 55G funny little things and can hold their own with the others in the tank

IShallNtEatFish 02-28-2014 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Planted some plants, rescaped and doing a wc! Attachment 225202

Ndefil 02-28-2014 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Any one use this stuff?Attachment 225207

Ndefil 02-28-2014 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First time with the lights on for the krib he seems shy at least he's eating day 2 in the the tank a success Attachment 225208