Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Alan79 02-28-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndefil (Post 2854765)
What's everyone use as their freshwater community food?

A variety is good for them. I feed twice daily most days, when i add fruit or veg i sometimes do a third feed in a day.
Everyday i do a mixture of
- Flakes (have about 6 brands of varying quality i switch between till i can completely replace with better brands)
- Pellets (I have 2 types a low quality brand and new life spectrum in fry and community fish sizes)
- Algae wafers. These are not very popular and mostly feed the snails (nutrafin brand)

Twice weekly.
- Fresh salad grown with my WC water specifically for my fish.
- Frozen pea defrosted and mashed up
- Fruit

And for a treat i feed each of these once weekly. Pure meat makes them go nuts.
- Frozen bloodworm
- Freeze dried blackworm (nutrafin brand)
- Frozen brine shrimp (not opened yet will try them out today as an additive to the diet)

I usually feed their meat treat about every three to four days followed by peas the next feed to ensure it digests well. Rough breakdown of exact feeds
14 feeds/week (give or take a few as i do try to fast them once a week and do extra feeds when no algae is there as a supplement for the plecos)
2-3 x meat (bloodworm, blackworm or brine shrimp)
2-3 x peas
7 x flake and pellets (bottom feeders get the bulk of the pellets)
3 x Fresh salad or fruit

paul87 02-28-2014 06:46 PM

Can't wait to see my tank for the first time in 2 weeks! Hope all is well. On the road now..

venymae 02-28-2014 07:31 PM

researched all the different plants I had then took the plunge and planted all my baby plants into the substrate. Eeek! This makes me so nervous. My aquariums are my #2 hobby. Plants are my #1. But aquatic plants are a whole new world!
Loved on my fish, hated on my sand, and wished my bristlenose would come out and say hi. Boo.

Alan79 02-28-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venymae (Post 2855141)
researched all the different plants I had then took the plunge and planted all my baby plants into the substrate. Eeek! This makes me so nervous. My aquariums are my #2 hobby. Plants are my #1. But aquatic plants are a whole new world!
Loved on my fish, hated on my sand, and wished my bristlenose would come out and say hi. Boo.

:thumb: I hope it goes well for you. I was a bit bored with fish keeping (comets only) until i got into the planted tanks which led me to altering the fish selection i have, adding extra tanks and learning a whole lot more about everything aquatic as i go. If you are able to set up DIY CO2 i think it plays a massive part in getting more out of your plants and can be done for under $5. A 2L bottle, airline, airstone sugar and bread yeast will get you started, and some glue to seal the tube into the CO2 bottle is handy as well. I have dirted substrate so nutrients weren't an issue for my plants when i started but have a look at DIY root tabs if you have heavy root feeders. I only add low quantities of ferts and never in a balanced way in my low light set up so for me they haven't been absolutely necessary in growing healthy plants but they seem to make my plants color up further from the low light they're under.

Anyway enjoy the live plants and the challenges that come with them. Itis great when you start to see them thrive and your fish will enjoy the habitat and improved water quality. Congrats on taking the plunge.

Krissycakes 02-28-2014 11:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Changed over my molly tank into brackish shrimp tank:)

I need to get more salt water!!! Right now I only have an air stone running.

Fresh2o 03-01-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissycakes (Post 2855337)
Changed over my molly tank into brackish shrimp tank:)

I need to get more salt water!!! Right now I only have an air stone running.

That should not be too hard. You live in an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.:hide: Sounds pretty cool. Will you be stocking local species?

Krissycakes 03-01-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 2855433)
That should not be too hard. You live in an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.:hide: Sounds pretty cool. Will you be stocking local species?

Yeah;) I got the water after skate boarding down the hill, got my shoes soaked and forgot to bring the jug up to my bfs apartment. Gah. But I bought some opae from the store I work at:) They are so cute!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Krissycakes 03-01-2014 02:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Close up

Autumnsky 03-01-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndefil (Post 2854923)
Any one use this stuff?Attachment 225207

I use their Cichlid Super Color pellets they are like little crumbles as a supplement food. I don't use flakes in general due to how fast they turn into ammonia. Personally have had poor experiences with flakes. :nono: These I have not used so I couldn't say specifically.

Ndefil 03-01-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2855553)
I use their Cichlid Super Color pellets they are like little crumbles as a supplement food. I don't use flakes in general due to how fast they turn into ammonia. Personally have had poor experiences with flakes. :nono: These I have not used so I couldn't say specifically.

Thank you autnnsku

Ndefil 03-01-2014 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got my kribensis! Is ok to keep him In a community tank by himself or should I get a mother krib my stock is Attachment 225400

Fresh2o 03-01-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissycakes (Post 2855528)
Close up

The opae shrimp looks pretty cool. I understand they are quite long lived.

Autumnsky 03-01-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissycakes (Post 2855528)
Close up

Very cool!

parky 03-02-2014 07:07 AM

Did a 70% water change on my 55G fed them blood worm and watched my gold rams chasing anything that moved round there spot in the tank

pittbully13 03-02-2014 10:24 AM

Added ferts before the lights came on, replaced diy co2 bottles, and of course feed the lil guys.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fresh2o 03-02-2014 12:38 PM

WCs for all 3 tanks, restarted one of the CO2 yeast cultures (I am leaning towards the dark side every time I do this), nitrate/phosphate testing in the planted tank, daily ferts.

shellyx 03-02-2014 06:45 PM

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and re scaped it. 50 % clean on my Giant African shrimp tank and added a second filter to the tank.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ayi 03-02-2014 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having an algae out break. All different types. It was even pearling. I did two water changes back to back, scrubbed the glass and took out the driftwood and leaves with it on there. I need some better ferts. Attachment 225567

I also did water changes on my 36 and 10.

IShallNtEatFish 03-02-2014 07:37 PM

50% wc on the betta sorority. Still
Trying to get rid of the color from the driftwood.

Autumnsky 03-02-2014 08:13 PM

Pwc on several tanks, added Hygro Compacta babies to tanks and an unidentified Anubias, labeled assorted. Moved one tank to a different room added a new stand for the 6.6G Edge, wiped down tanks, moved some small furniture swept behind the cabinets and stands.

One pwc was on the 2.5G after moving it decided to clean the filter pads after it didn't restart, then got a mess from the filter pad it the clean water, then found my impeller shaft fell out and that is why it didn't restart. o did another 50% pwc, replanted the little Hygro.

Moved 2 larger plants from the 6.6G as they were very tiny babies at the start, thought they were Florida Sunset Crypts, though they look much like the Tropica, so I will be looking a little closer to see how to tell the difference.

Moved the QT to a different room, and that was another 50% pwc. Somehow I ended up redoing a lot of what I did earlier today. :facepalm: lol Oh well it is done!

Kittykat364 03-02-2014 09:02 PM

Fed the fish. Added some Epsom salt to raise the gh in a tank with snails, was really low. 20% PWC on the 29gal and 50% PWC on the fry tank. Realized the danios laid eggs right before they moved to another tank and left a ton of babies so I fed the babies. Played with Dexter my betta.

smooth_cannibal 03-02-2014 09:02 PM

re did my 10g planted tank. had a full bag of midnight floramax for months decided to switch out the black gravel for it. I like it a lot better than the cheesy black gravel that was losing its color. picked up some wisteria too today from the lfs. first stem plant. pruned and separated it as well as cleaning up the anacharis I have. planted tanks are becoming addictive.

Fibsog 03-02-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 2857658)
50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and re scaped it. 50 % clean on my Giant African shrimp tank and added a second filter to the tank.

Shelly you should give your shrimp a betta buddy!

manbeast 03-03-2014 01:18 AM

Started the change over from my 65 reef to the 150, ran a 1/4 inch water line from the top of the 150 to the sump of the 65 and every 5-10 min I pulled about a gallon of water from the 65 and dumped it back in the 150 slowly acclimating the entire 65 system making it a snap to move the corals over, catching and moving the fish was not as easy, still need to move my red coris wrasse and my pistol shrimp they buried themselves under the sand somewhere and I'll just have to be patient and try again tomorrow, taotronics and korallia's are moved, a couple more odds and ends to straighten up and then I'll have to decide whether to keep or sell the 65

shellyx 03-03-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibsog (Post 2857992)
Shelly you should give your shrimp a betta buddy!

Fibsog i use to have a betta in with them but he died, now it's just the shrimp! I'm actually enjoying just them as they're out and about all day not hiding anymore Lol

Alan79 03-03-2014 09:09 AM

Not a fun afternoon for this fish keeper.

I noticed a fish with a wound in its side as well as a new fish illness in the community tank. So i bit the bullet and set up a bare bottom hospital/QT tank. I now have 3 fish with fungus in there, 1 has what i would call the dropsy look in that it is bloated to the point of scale protrusion while showing no other signs of distress. It first showed up with fungus coming from the gill area about 2 days ago and showed dropsy this morning. So 3 of the four fish i moved coped well enough but the fish with the wounded side began to lose blood when i switched them it flipped on its back for a while too. It's in a transition bucket and i have ice on standby to euthenase if it does not look ok soon. It has moved enough to pick at the lone flake i put in for it (thinking maybe it's last meal). I still have to temp match some water to top up the new QT, and the community i removed the fish from. Will add another dose of fungus meds to both tanks and hope for the best.

I'm just going to assume that the injured fish had an issue and got attacked and hope that no new disease is about to expose itself.

Kittykat364 03-03-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan79 (Post 2858381)
Not a fun afternoon for this fish keeper.

I noticed a fish with a wound in its side as well as a new fish illness in the community tank. So i bit the bullet and set up a bare bottom hospital/QT tank. I now have 3 fish with fungus in there, 1 has what i would call the dropsy look in that it is bloated to the point of scale protrusion while showing no other signs of distress. It first showed up with fungus coming from the gill area about 2 days ago and showed dropsy this morning. So 3 of the four fish i moved coped well enough but the fish with the wounded side began to lose blood when i switched them it flipped on its back for a while too. It's in a transition bucket and i have ice on standby to euthenase if it does not look ok soon. It has moved enough to pick at the lone flake i put in for it (thinking maybe it's last meal). I still have to temp match some water to top up the new QT, and the community i removed the fish from. Will add another dose of fungus meds to both tanks and hope for the best.

I'm just going to assume that the injured fish had an issue and got attacked and hope that no new disease is about to expose itself.

I'm so sorry, that sucks!

Alan79 03-03-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittykat364 (Post 2858387)
I'm so sorry, that sucks!

Thanks Kittykat I'll keep my hopes up. The fish with the wounded side is actually doing well again now and it was the reason i decided to do isolate them all. The wound still looks a bit nasty but without the flow of the current it seems to be moving freely enough again. Will change 50% of it's water before work and hope it recovers.

Kittykat364 03-03-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan79 (Post 2858426)
Thanks Kittykat I'll keep my hopes up. The fish with the wounded side is actually doing well again now and it was the reason i decided to do isolate them all. The wound still looks a bit nasty but without the flow of the current it seems to be moving freely enough again. Will change 50% of it's water before work and hope it recovers.

Best of luck :);)

enrgizerbunny 03-03-2014 11:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This past weekend I moved the whole tank from one room to the next. REscaped a bit, like this scape better than the last. Added the back half of the pirate ship back in along with 25lbs more gravel. Got all the plumbing for the bell siphon on my 30 gallon aquaponics setup. Took apart my 70 gallon aquaponic setup and stopped Placed my 10g on top of my dresser, needs filter/lights/scape. Oh yeah, watched the fish because the lights are back on!

Pictures are before and after of the scape.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

shellyx 03-03-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny (Post 2858492)
This past weekend I moved the whole tank from one room to the next. REscaped a bit, like this scape better than the last. Added the back half of the pirate ship back in along with 25lbs more gravel. Got all the plumbing for the bell siphon on my 30 gallon aquaponics setup. Took apart my 70 gallon aquaponic setup and stopped Placed my 10g on top of my dresser, needs filter/lights/scape. Oh yeah, watched the fish because the lights are back on!

Pictures are before and after of the scape.

Very nice! Love how you've set it up :)

jwh0818 03-03-2014 12:07 PM

Let's see, I tested last night and today and STIIILLLLL cycling. Also broke 2 test tubes dangit >_<

Kittykat364 03-03-2014 02:37 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Just got a new 10 for the unexpected (but yet fully expected ;)) danio fry. It was a great deal for $11 after we used the $10 rewards money and 20% off at petco ;) I have given MTS to my dad but he is evading it by saying that this is just an upgrade from another tank. I will set up the 2.5 someday soon again ;)

D_Tristan22 03-03-2014 08:04 PM

I did a 30% WC on my 39 gallon and planted some plants.
Also did a WC on my 3 gallon

They are squeaky clean

enrgizerbunny 03-03-2014 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cleaned the 10 gallon, to get it ready for platys. Installed the bell siphon plumbing on the future 30 gallon aquaponic system. Need to start cycling so that I can get seedlings and fish in by April.

IShallNtEatFish 03-03-2014 09:52 PM

Power was off all day so I had to keep all the tanks above freezing

missnathasha 03-03-2014 09:53 PM

Set up my new 35g 😁 so stoaked

missnathasha 03-03-2014 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now just waiting for sand to settle and to think of some new fish!
Attachment 225783

jwh0818 03-03-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missnathasha (Post 2859531)
Set up my new 35g ?de01 so stoaked

Quote:

Originally Posted by missnathasha (Post 2859537)
Now just waiting for sand to settle and to think of some new fish!

Ooooo nice, what's your stock plan?

paul87 03-03-2014 10:11 PM

25 gallon water change and watched my new scooter blenny do his thing.

bloodlucky 03-03-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndefil (Post 2853667)
I finally got my krib!!!Attachment 225052

Hello MTV and welcome to my krib

missnathasha 03-03-2014 10:36 PM

I have no clue at all yet what I want to add its so hard to pick! Lol

Fibsog 03-05-2014 01:19 AM

Finally got a good pic of pink lemon (and bambi) https://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...pswxej5xrx.jpg

tommyk 03-07-2014 05:07 AM

Found an Unidentified snail that must have hitched a ride on a plant. Don't know whether to try and remove it or not !!!

Salty_Dawg 03-07-2014 02:29 PM

Added two black bar chromis, tanks a lot more active now.

J1Time 03-07-2014 05:48 PM

Partial water change. Fish less cycle seems stalled

enrgizerbunny 03-07-2014 11:16 PM

Set up the 10g, added filter, heater, water, and crushed coral. Also added 7mL of ammonia. Gonna add seeded media later to get it cycled quick.

Delapool 03-08-2014 12:20 AM

Water change on tank and set up T8 light to go with LED - noticed that I can't just reach into the hood and blindly shift lights anymore lol, they're a bit hotter.

Fibsog 03-08-2014 12:49 AM

Got this cool guy https://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...psiecti0ne.jpg
A molly/guppy x breed. Also got a golden balloon molly. 15g done for now.

fishyfriends3 03-08-2014 05:48 PM

I added 3 cardinals and 3 rummynose to my schools and a otocinclus.

karancon 03-08-2014 06:00 PM

Swapped out 1/3 of my gravel for black sand in a 40g long SeaClear tank and cleaned it. Tank is 6 weeks old, I have two neons that have survived for 3 weeks after PetCo told me to use them to cycle, they sold me 4. Can't wait to gets Corys, that is why I did the switch.

shellyx 03-08-2014 06:26 PM

Pwc on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed.
Pwc on my giant African shrimp tank they seem to be enjoying the extra filter so hopefully it'll make a difference for them.

karancon 03-08-2014 07:20 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Tank with sand and gravel mix...waiting for Corys

missnathasha 03-08-2014 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added life to my tank finally & a live plant! ☺️
Now just thinking what to do with decorating the inside.

Attachment 226647

Jennkp 03-08-2014 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Large water change,vac & added new driftwood.

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

jwh0818 03-08-2014 10:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Built the 75g stand, tested the 75g ammo- .25ppm, nitrite- .50ppm, nitrate- 20ppm and I also bought a big thing of prime! Still not finished with the stand. Picking up plywood tomorrow and wrapping it some other week

Alan79 03-09-2014 10:28 AM

Busy day with the aquariums. First i did some shopping for much needed buckets. For a while i've used the same few buckets to empty and refill all tanks. New system has a bucket to empty each tank into then i use 25l buckets to refill which will now be strictly used for refills. Need a couple more 25l buckets still.

50% WC on 3 tanks, added fungus meds as a precaution on one that i removed sick fish from earlier this week. 25% WC on QT tank. Meds and a 33% WC on hospital tank. I changed my schedule so that i do my WC going from healthy tanks first to sick last. I still only have one gravel vac after treading on the suction tube and cracking my smaller vac (which was better for cleaning dirted tanks) so i'm dropping the functioning one in boiling water between tanks for the moment. Hope this keeps disease from spreading.

Lastly i did a big trim on my established 20g. Probablky have about 50 stems in there and had to trim half and replant the better ones to fill out some spaces i emptied last week. Then I took pictures of my three healthy tanks.

Darylb 03-09-2014 11:06 AM

I went and bought 20 gallons of water for my new marine tank and got a big toadstool coral for the 55 also grabbed 4 more turbos

jwh0818 03-09-2014 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the stand built finally!

Autumnsky 03-10-2014 03:56 AM

Filled waters in all the tanks from evaporation, cleaned some moss that was growing in a cup which the moss had string algae. Had kept it in the dark for a few days and it seems to be gone.

Going to move the Harlequin Rasboras from QT to the 72G and the Blue Ram over to the 16G in the morning. Looking for a couple more Rams now. :)

There are a couple people breeding Electric Blue and Regular and Golden Rams locally, so I am hopeful for some at a reasonable price. Also the Colorado Aquarium Society is having their spring sale in a couple weeks and I asked for the day off!!! Usually I would be working :brows:

mollykid 03-10-2014 10:15 PM

Added a pregnant Molly or I think she is pregnant dont know :(

Autumnsky 03-11-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2868748)
Got the stand built finally!

That is a STRONG looking stand! Are you considering coating the base with weather sealer for decks? I was thinking, that stuff repels water and this stand would last for ever, if it got a couple coats of the stuff, the water would roll right off and it would likely never warp or anything. Not talking about how you finish the out sides, just the under sides. I did that on a couple bases I made for a shed and a BBQ. I have never made a tank stand, lol. Just wondering...since if there isn't any chance of it soaking up water, it seems that would be better.

I watched video of a guy make his own aquarium, not that I need any more of them, but I was thinking of making one, either a cylinder with a flat base (so far haven't found a large enough diameter, looking for 10-12"+ or maybe 18" long x 12" deep. Just kinda thinking out loud.

Anyway it seems like it would be a fun project for a smaller tank, I would be too afraid for anything big.

The Harlequin Rasboras were very happy to get out of QT and get to hang out with their new school.

The Ram/GBR went into hiding and blends well with the plants so it is hard to find him.

Also think I found out my gigantic Purple Spotted Gudgeon is a male. From what I understand, they are opposite of the norm, where the largest most rotund ones are the female. The male guards and cares for the babies too. That was interesting learning, they are from Australia and are endangered in the wild due to loss/change of habitat. Though are easily bred in the home aquarium. Some people catch and breed them their, raise the babies and release them all back when they reach about 3 cm. They also generally grow larger in captivity, than in the wild!

A person can learn so much from 2-4am!

Fishdude3233 03-11-2014 01:59 PM

That Stand looks a lot like the one for my 55 well done

jwh0818 03-11-2014 02:02 PM

50% wc on the 20g Long fluffy is in while his 75g is stttiiiiilllllllll cycling. Man he poops alot

enrgizerbunny 03-11-2014 09:19 PM

100% water change on the 10 gallon that is about to become a goldfish refuge until their permanent home is finished cycling.

fishyfriends3 03-11-2014 09:28 PM

Pwc on both tanks, plants had a nice haircut, removed some vallis from community tank and put it in tanganyikan tank.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

rockyofhockey 03-11-2014 09:30 PM

Bought a bushy nose pleco and added some purigen to my tank!!! Anyone know when I will start seeing a difference

Aaron85 03-11-2014 10:35 PM

I put purigen in for the first time the other day and saw effects in a few hours. I have peat and drift wood so my water was a little yellow from the tannins and within 24hrs it was crystal clear. Great stuff highly recommend.

rockyofhockey 03-11-2014 10:37 PM

Well it's 9:30 p.m now where I live. I put it in at around 4 pm. I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I'll see results

Dallascowboys16 03-11-2014 10:39 PM

Hey autumns key I'm also going to the cas auction! I was at the fall one with my mom, sister, and my saltwater aquarium nerd neighbor! Are you one of the people who sets it up?

Autumnsky 03-11-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallascowboys16 (Post 2872161)
Hey autumns key I'm also going to the cas auction! I was at the fall one with my mom, sister, and my saltwater aquarium nerd neighbor! Are you one of the people who sets it up?

No, it will be my first one ever!!! I always work, lol.

This is the Elephant Ear Betta, more pics of the color are in the Betta album.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...bums13850.html

I will be loading some pics of the girls later.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture65862.jpg

skullminerteam 03-11-2014 11:59 PM

i added cories to my new 20g and got a new female betta named cherry pie. She likes to sit on her plant and also eat a bloodworm i gave her. Shes very small.

From fibsog: worried. My nails are gone. I come home and notice a good cap of fungus on sogfib, my original guppy. Doing a lot for my buddy....i hope he makes it. His tail was just healing from arthurs attack. It doesnt look good for him though. Its a lot of fungus.

Dallascowboys16 03-12-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2872176)
No, it will be my first one ever!!! I always work, lol.

This is the Elephant Ear Betta, more pics of the color are in the Betta album.
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Autumnsky's Album: Bettas and other stuff

I will be loading some pics of the girls later.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture65862.jpg

It was pretty fun! The fall one was my first one and I only stayed like an hour or a hour and a half but got some blue velvet shrimp, red cherry shrimp, and blue rili shrimp all for about $30! It's really fun and there's a great selection of plants, shrimp, fish, equipment, tanks, books, and corals!

Chief910 03-12-2014 12:26 AM

Put together a 46 bow front SW it found on Craigslist fully equipped for $75

Chief910 03-12-2014 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 227419 setup after thorough cleaning

Autumnsky 03-12-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief910 (Post 2872314)
Attachment 227419 setup after thorough cleaning

Awesome deal!

Hey Dallas, maybe we can make a meet up for AA at the CAS??

enrgizerbunny 03-12-2014 03:00 PM

95% water change on the ten gallon the goldies I put in there yesterday are looking much better than they did in the feeder section.

karancon 03-16-2014 07:23 PM

Added 5 peppered Corys, a new plant and fed the tank some blood worms. The Black Skirts Tetras went crazy

Krissycakes 03-17-2014 04:41 PM

Fed all fish, put up some plants for sale and checked on my sick bettas

Autumnsky 03-18-2014 03:22 AM

Made some arrangements to pick up some plants for my Koi Angels privacy in their breeder tank. Which they are not using for breeding. We think because they don't feel it is cozy like their other original tank.

Watched the fish.

Kittykat364 03-18-2014 03:59 PM

Yesterday I went and got 3 guppies to reduce harassment of my current female and male (who I raised from fry, didn't intend to have a male and a female) and put them in quarantine. I put the female that is in with the male in a breeder net to try to protect her, I'm worried.

Kittykat364 03-18-2014 04:00 PM

This morning I realized that she escaped! When I put the male in the net before, he was out by morning, too. I don't know what's going on! I figured he left because of his 'need to breed,' and she wouldn't because she hates his harassment, but she left too!

leannaby 03-18-2014 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a wc and found this in my internal hidden filter .. Along with lots of eggs.. Attachment 228808think I've cleaned out all the eggs.. Will have to keep checking in the filter housing. Anyone know what snail it is ?? I was thinking a pond snail

jwh0818 03-18-2014 05:15 PM

Yes its a pond snail. Once you find 1 be prepared for 100000

Krissycakes 03-18-2014 05:28 PM

I highly dislike those snails. :(

Today I separated snails for shipping. Did WC on 20 gallon tanks and fed everyone. :)

leannaby 03-18-2014 06:00 PM

I think I got out all the eggs but I'm gonna just have to keep an eye on it.. Can I use anything to get rid of them ??

jwh0818 03-18-2014 06:57 PM

Anything copper based if you dont have and dont want inverts

leannaby 03-18-2014 07:00 PM

I've got 3 african dwarf frogs.. Would these be affected ??

jwh0818 03-18-2014 07:08 PM

No they aren't inverts. I'm not sure if it would affect them though I don't know anything about them

leannaby 03-18-2014 07:58 PM

Ok thanks will have to look it up

missnathasha 03-18-2014 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 228895
Added another water baby to my family lol

Kittykat364 03-18-2014 10:27 PM

Wow he's beautiful

Chief910 03-19-2014 04:16 AM

Sold my freshwater fish and plants next up for sale is the DW, koi, and goldfish then selling the tank

leannaby 03-19-2014 08:29 PM

I sat and watched my guppy have her fry which I then caught as she dropped them

shellyx 03-20-2014 02:56 PM

60 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank algae scrub, rinsed filters and re scaped. Also added new plants to it. Moved the Amanos back to my elephant nose tank and all seems well. :)

Alan79 03-20-2014 03:28 PM

30% WC on one tank, water removal from QT tank, and only partial refilling. tomorrow this QT inhabitants move into the community tank.

Emptyoingand cleaning of a hospital tank that no longer has a patient.

Krissycakes 03-20-2014 04:19 PM

Separated my first set of Cory eggs.
Fed all fish.
Mystery snail laid a clutch this morning.
My balloon molly gave birth to a fry.
Things are going well. :)

54seaweed 03-20-2014 06:04 PM

ordered all new filters and power heads and heaters to replace all the wore out equipment on all my tanks ,tired of everything squealing and barking and always having to fix junk , ordered a sump kit for the 90g canister filter for 40 so hopefully things will shut up lol spent way too much but it was needed

Kittykat364 03-20-2014 06:23 PM

Fed all fish the regular, along with some bloodworms and the fry got brine shrimp. Trying to condition my sister's danios. We might make a covert breeding operation in a bucket ;) so I thought of a great plan

Galligak 03-20-2014 10:51 PM

Came home today to find that my heater in my 5.5g died a fiery death taking with it my 7 CPDs and 10 orange shrimp:(. I really loved watching that tank too! Now I have to start over...