Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

stooker 02-20-2015 11:07 AM

This morning I sat and stared for a bit longer than usual before leaving for work. Still bummed I have to tear it down.

New2me 02-20-2015 12:00 PM

40% water change.....which included the accidental flushing of my filter intake tube, down the toilet with all the dirty water!! Arghhh :-/


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ayi 02-20-2015 05:32 PM

Moved everything around in my room. I now have a nice view of all my tanks

Ricky 1 02-20-2015 05:55 PM

And you always think, wish I'd done this ages ago.......lol

shellyx 02-21-2015 01:37 PM

Checked on my new shrimp, they seem to have settled in well :)
In my elephant nose tank I think one of my nerites has died just going to check I've had him for 4 year's so he's pretty old.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

ImACoolguy 02-21-2015 04:29 PM

WCW! Water Change Weekend :)


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

TheresaM 02-21-2015 04:37 PM

Currently trying to decide which male Endler to throw in the female/fry tank :flowers:

Later I'm going to work on plants in a few of the tanks, clean things up a bit.

NigelK8485 02-21-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLee2013 (Post 3165137)
25% PWC, second day of my new CO2 setup, so I'm basically watching bubbles, lol.


🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎


How are you liking the co2? I'm setting mine up at the end of this week.


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

DeeLee2013 02-21-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelK8485 (Post 3166138)
How are you liking the co2? I'm setting mine up at the end of this week.


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice


Love it thus far. Too early to see a difference in the plants, but the Fluval indicator is giving me the "green" light, lol.


🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎

stooker 02-22-2015 07:59 PM

50% PWC. CPDs are slowly getting used to their new surroundings. Corys don't even get out of the way anymore when I do maintenance, LOL!

fish wrangler 02-22-2015 08:44 PM

10 gallon water change on my 29 gallon. Added some ludwigia sp. "red" earlier in the week also.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fresh2o 02-22-2015 09:29 PM

Rearranged some of the plants. Before: https://i.imgur.com/6Qso3EH.png After: https://i.imgur.com/8TayKxE.png Waiting for tank to clear up.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

fish wrangler 02-22-2015 09:55 PM

Thinned the pogo to fresh?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fresh2o 02-22-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish wrangler (Post 3167238)
Thinned the pogo to fresh?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app


Moved it and replanted about a third of it. Old patch was getting too thick.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Autumnsky 02-23-2015 12:55 AM

Got derailed from my tank cleaning plan this morning. Disappointed. Now realized I need more Prime, I forgot I gave my DD my back up supply and she reordered it for me but it is in a different town, also got a new 5G Fluval Chi lid as I broke my other one.

Did refill of evap for the FW tanks.

Kinda annoyed how much my Angelfish like to eat my plants. I can actually see chomp marks from the leaves of my new Bacopa. They are getting shorter. Argh!

It seems simple, just feed the little chompers more green foods. I will try a special one just for the green stuff... They get a pretty balanced diet so I was thinking, now I am second guessing the foods! I have been giving them foods with Algaes and seaweed in the mix?!:confused:

rockyofhockey 02-23-2015 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did about a 40% water change on my 40 gallon tank! Boy does it look clear! Attachment 265146


Rockyofhockey _/.\_

ImACoolguy 02-23-2015 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyofhockey (Post 3167418)
Did about a 40% water change on my 40 gallon tank! Boy does it look clear! Attachment 265146


Rockyofhockey _/.\_


I really like the all the holes in the rock to the right. I've been trying to find some rocks with caves and tunnels like that.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

rockyofhockey 02-23-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3167421)
I really like the all the holes in the rock to the right. I've been trying to find some rocks with caves and tunnels like that.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS


Purchased it at my LFS, the only thing I dislike about it is that it's a pain to clean because u can't get the siphon down into the holes and all the waste gathers up in there


Rockyofhockey _/.\_

enrgizerbunny 02-23-2015 10:07 PM

80% water change. Cleaned filter tubes, still have reduced flow.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

shellyx 02-25-2015 11:45 AM

Finally got round to cleaning my shrimp tank after having a crappie migrane :mad: added new plants and it's starting to look better!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

TheresaM 02-25-2015 11:50 AM

Currently acclimating these guys as well as some pygmy rasboras, clown killies, and a pair of scarlet badis :dance:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...51036f92b9.jpg

I think I have some moss products for my shrimp arriving today as well :whistle:

BBradbury 02-25-2015 03:38 PM

Low Maintenance Tank
 
Had a 55 G I set up and ran for a few months, no water changes, just emersed the roots of some land plants to keep the nitrogen out of the tank water. Wanted to overhaul it for another Platy tank, because my Red Wags and Sunsets had a new batch of fry. Removed the plants and now have quite a few new Guppy fry too. Apparently, the land plants did a very good job of keeping the tank water free of nitrogen.

B

Nils 02-25-2015 04:28 PM

Added some floating anacharis, cleaned filters, prepared water for a water change on my 2.5 gallon tomorrow, and replanted anacharis in my 2.5 that my naughty crayfish likes ripping out lol :-)

Nils

Ricky 1 02-25-2015 04:37 PM

Did my WC today, And filter, Fish follow me about as I do it, waft over the sand substrate and all the ground dwellers are out picking at what they can find, I love it......

Autumnsky 02-25-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3169497)
Currently acclimating these guys as well as some pygmy rasboras, clown killies, and a pair of scarlet badis :dance:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...51036f92b9.jpg

I think I have some moss products for my shrimp arriving today as well :whistle:

Yay!!! you got some things you were wanting!

Thought all my Angelfish wigglers were gone yesterday, but last night they were piled up in the cup of "Their" Anubias plant's leaf at bedtime when I was about to shut off the lights. The moon light I leave on so the parents can see the sneaky tank mates coming to eat their babies and chase them off.

So today they are a little cloud around the mom and dad! So cute.

Trying to decide if the fish in the QT are big enough yet to survive the 72G tank. The Rainbow Emperor Tetras have doubled in size, I just hate to see them attacked or chased to death.

Option 1 leave the Baby Angels and let the parents work extra hard to keep them safe see how many make it.

Option 2 is clean out the 35G move the SW to the 35G, only have 25G of SW water to use but I think I can get all the rocks in there and not worry about the low tank for another day or 2. Only the Urchin and a few mushrooms which would do fine I think.

We are in the middle of another storm right now so I couldn't get my refill of water til tomorrow, even if I could make it up to the far away, not so lfs! I might try that.

Then use the 15G for the new babies.

Option 3 is do pwc on the 35G, then acclimate the new babies to the water, as I need to a pwc on the 72G they are in anyway, and use the water they are in now for the 35G refill so it stays as close as possible the same.

That might be the fastest solution but won't get my SW fish in the bigger tank minimum a couple weeks til the babies eat prepared foods :banghead:

Thanks for tolerating my thinking out loud. I didn't think this was an issue yesterday when the wigglers were "gone". lol

Pair#2 is adding new eggs to their stone and fertilizing them as of this morning. Busy, busy fish.

The 35G has been the try and grow micro bugs for the baby angels to eat, I kinda gave that up the last go around, so maybe I will get out the magnifying glass and see if there is any micro bugs activity in there still - "live" food for the little babies. Better get the baby Brine Shrimp going!

Edit addition: Well the Angel parents started to get stressed and were eating some of the babies so I swooped in a net and caught about 15 that were left, then upon them entering the QT, the Emperors thought it was a new food and so I caught them and got them into the 72G. Now nobody's happy. :/ The Parents seem to be guarding the area where the babies were, right now, there were a couple left, I netted one more and got it to the QT. I thought I would turn out the lights and hope everyone calms down.

I got the filter cleaned out in the 15G SW and cleaned some of the tank glass left some for the Urchin. And did a small pwc there.

Pwc on the 12G Edge, and complete clean on the Aqua Farm container, sand, with the new Betta and the snails. Those snails are poop machines. Cleaned all those tanks glass on the outsides and tops and the rim of the SW. The fish from the pwc tanks look happier.

I am bummed about the baby angels. I think I only have 3-5 left. Think this next time I will try to move the wigglers with pair #1 before they turn to swimmers, and maybe even the eggs from the pair #2. I guess a better plan wouldn't hurt, though each time I don't really intend to intervene but then I see the babies and can't help feel bad and hope to save them.

shellyx 02-26-2015 05:34 PM

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, added new plants hopefully they'll look better when they start to fill in. Enjoyed playing with him today, he spent most of the time swimming around my hand nudging me and even lay still in my hand :) that was one long pwc!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

DeeLee2013 02-26-2015 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Added my new spiky moss from Azmodan (great seller, btw). Love how it looks in the tank!!

Attachment 265620

Full tank shot:
Attachment 265621



🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎
https://floridaorchidendlers.com

TheresaM 02-28-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLee2013 (Post 3171142)
Added my new spiky moss from Azmodan (great seller, btw). Love how it looks in the tank!!

Gorgeous, looks like something out of a book!

Autumnsky 02-28-2015 12:06 PM

Made a "Wabi Kusa" or planted ball.

Here is the link for the idea - several of us here have made and are making them so if you have too add yours here, or take the idea and run with it!!!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post3172347

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68394.jpg

Moved around some heaters to get them better suited for the tanks I have to match with the heaters abilities.

Added the strip light to the 72G so there are 2 current lights and one stock growing light. Now I need to order some Glut/Metro to start dosing for the plants.

Just added a bunch of pic to my albums and will post some here too. Tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the Decorator Urchin
in the bag during acclimation
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68383.jpg

Carrying around the new bunch of MacroAlgae I got for him - he ate more than half of it since then!!!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68390.jpg

Happy day!

Jessiicaxrosex3 02-28-2015 12:07 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
The sad regular routine 😂 woke up, turned on all the tanks lights, fed the discus, fed the rcs colony in one tank and the fry in the other, then fed my pea puffer, and then my beta. Would make it easier if they all ate the same food ! And now its time to squeeze in some wc's before work!

TheresaM 02-28-2015 12:14 PM

Plans for today:
  • Treat 16g for BBA :(
  • Finalize a Han Aquatics order for more moss stuff, new addiction of mine
  • Switch out sponge filter for HOB in 10g, first need to rig something up for the intake to keep out shrimplets and Endler fry
  • Do small WCs in the nano tanks

shellyx 02-28-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3172355)
Made a "Wabi Kusa" or planted ball.

Here is the link for the idea - several of us here have made and are making them so if you have too add yours here, or take the idea and run with it!!!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post3172347

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68394.jpg

Moved around some heaters to get them better suited for the tanks I have to match with the heaters abilities.

Added the strip light to the 72G so there are 2 current lights and one stock growing light. Now I need to order some Glut/Metro to start dosing for the plants.

Just added a bunch of pic to my albums and will post some here too. Tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the Decorator Urchin
in the bag during acclimation
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68383.jpg

Carrying around the new bunch of MacroAlgae I got for him - he ate more than half of it since then!!!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68390.jpg

Happy day!

Love the Urchin Autumn, the color is so cool!
The planted ball is really nice, haven't heard of them before :rolleyes:

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Fresh2o 02-28-2015 12:22 PM

WCs on the planted, shrimp and QT. Shook out the contents of the HOB filter in the old tank water. Allowed it to settle and decanted/scooped out 90% of it. Glad I did. Found 12 baby RCS in there along with 2-3 dozen baby MTS. I have a sponge on the HOB filter intake although it is more coarse than fine. I have a mesh media bag that I am not using. If I can get past the whiteness of it, I might they that over the sponge.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

TheresaM 03-02-2015 07:16 AM

Still treating the 16g for BBA. Kevin the nerite doesn't seem to be reacting to it well so I took him out for a while, gave him some broccoli.

Last night I spent a bunch of time cleaning up the dwarf water lettuce...got bored so I might do more today :whistle:

Did some research on live food cultures. Going away next week so that project will get put on hold.

Some male Endlers from an AA member should be arriving today, very excited about that!

Been up since 5am for no particular reason so it's time for a coffee break :eek:

Autumnsky 03-02-2015 01:43 PM

Fed the tanks. Yesterday did fast for the 16G and the 72G

The plants seem to be liking the additional new temporarily set light, Current strip LED laid over the top (testing to see if it is too much light for my dark tank, lol then find a good way to affix it) - plus my stock light and the Current LED fixture.

The big new Ozelot Sword seems to be perking up. and getting used to the tank. The large Hairgrass isn't dying off yet, so I think we are on the right track. I am pleased with that so far. Will need to order more fert caps, I use Ferka from Thailand and really like them but it takes a month for them to arrive. After I get done with the tank clean outs and this round of putting in new caps I will be out.

Spending a little more time wondering about how to move and set the tanks AGAIN, not moving them again, just thinking about it again. :/ I have to move things this next week so my waffling will need to end.

Fresh2o 03-02-2015 02:03 PM

Actually yesterday: rehomed 3 gold tetras; moved in 5 Furcata forktail rainbows, 8 CPDs, and 3 Amano shrimp. Active, festive tank now.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Autumnsky 03-02-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 3174457)
Actually yesterday: rehomed 3 gold tetras; moved in 5 Furcata forktail rainbows, 8 CPDs, and 3 Amano shrimp. Active, festive tank now.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds much more fun now!!!

DeeLee2013 03-10-2015 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
50% PWC, cleaned the glass, added a Hans Aquatics filter intake cover to protect fry and shrimplings...
Attachment 266951


🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎
https://floridaorchidendlers.com

shellyx 03-11-2015 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
50 % clean on my vampire shrimp tank and rinsed filter's. Attachment 266966
Molly (my son named her! ) decided to come out for a nose :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

shellyx 03-11-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLee2013 (Post 3180910)
50% PWC, cleaned the glass, added a Hans Aquatics filter intake cover to protect fry and shrimplings...
Attachment 266951


🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎
https://floridaorchidendlers.com

Lovely tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Autumnsky 03-12-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3181167)
50 % clean on my vampire shrimp tank and rinsed filter's. Attachment 266966
Molly (my son named her! ) decided to come out for a nose :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Molly is a beautiful shrimp! Great color. :thumb:

Well so much to share but not enough time to really go on and on like I usually do. :rolleyes:

So here is the less frequent kinda long version of part of the happenings.

So there was some problems with a toxic Zoa in the SW tank a few days back. It killed several of my frags/ coral starts and I am really sad about it. Kinda made my hand numb (next time will have gloves on, dumb dumb). This was caused by a rock kinda, not even totally squishing one, maybe 2 polyps. So kind of surprised by the HUGE retaliation the tank received.

Trying to figure out which of the 4 types, think it is narrowed down to 2 possibilities, which is the killer Zoa.

Here is the pic of the pretty little killer, most likely the pretty green or the plain looking brownish one, under the brown with the bright green center.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68031.jpg

Then will see if the local coral seller would like to keep it instead of me and give me something else.

SW is a sticky wicket. Stinging things, chemical warfare between groups, bristley sticking things, barbed things, biting things, palytoxin things, second deadliest toxin from nature so I have read.

Dog knocked over my hood for my 15G SW and broke the bulb, while I was doing an adjustment. Now will order the upgraded 20W bulbs instead for the other two fixtures.

Getting some good growth starting from my last batch of fert caps I put in.

Still struggling with the lighting color selection for my Current USA light fixture and additional strip. I think my extra bulb for the stock fixture was too old, was getting a bunch of brown algae where it was. I need to add in some more Mystery snails to clean it up.

Am finding that my recent addition Betta is a real beauty. The pic here is just a little of his glowing beauty which is starting to really shine.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68395.jpg

ttfn!

enrgizerbunny 03-12-2015 08:22 PM

I took the deicer off of the goldfish pump and started running the filter again! A couple of water changes and feeding will commence!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

TheresaM 03-13-2015 01:46 AM

Went out of town on Monday, got back home 4 hours ago. Still working on the tanks.

An order of bumblebee nerites arrived while I was gone, separated those to the tanks they belong in. I got a huge bunch of jungle vals from Aquabid, had my daughter float them in the 16g those those were trimmed and planted. And I have an order from Wet Spot due to arrive tomorrow so I got the tanks those fish are going in ready...busy day, I'll sleep well tonight.

BBradbury 03-13-2015 10:16 AM

Indoor Pond
 
Have been doing large, weekly water changes on all my tanks and so should everyone who cares about the health of their fish and plants. On, a brief note, I have been in the "Water keeping" hobby for quite a few years and always wanted a pond. I live in Colorado, so can only enjoy this type of thing a few months of the year. So, I thought why not bring the pond inside. I have very rough plans for a 330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank set on cinder blocks and particle board in my basement. I have 6 larger tanks already and plan to transfer the contents of these to the trough. Will plant the area around the tank with house plants and whatever comes to mind. So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

So, as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans said "Happy Trails".

B

New2me 03-13-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBradbury (Post 3182628)
Have been doing large, weekly water changes on all my tanks and so should everyone who cares about the health of their fish and plants. On, a brief note, I have been in the "Water keeping" hobby for quite a few years and always wanted a pond. I live in Colorado, so can only enjoy this type of thing a few months of the year. So, I thought why not bring the pond inside. I have very rough plans for a 330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank set on cinder blocks and particle board in my basement. I have 6 larger tanks already and plan to transfer the contents of these to the trough. Will plant the area around the tank with house plants and whatever comes to mind. So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

So, as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans said "Happy Trails".

B


This sounds like an amazing project!! Would appreciate pics if you ever get the chance. Have fun :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Autumnsky 03-13-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBradbury (Post 3182628)
330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank [indoor pond]... So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

So, as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans said "Happy Trails".

B

Sounds like fun, don't be a stranger and make sure you can give us a build thread and lot of pics!!!

Post here and link it so we can enjoy the process!

Well it was a bit like Christmas day for me!

Picked up the two really grown over (encrusted) frags of Mystic Sunset.

Then picked up my corals I had there being baby sat
A Green Polyp Leather,
A Duncan about 4 heads,
Teal trumpet 4 heads/trumpets or whatever they are called(could be green)

Then new decisions today;
Pinwheels zoas frag,
Pokerstar Montipora
Nice Rainbow Montipora
Red flame Calerpa Share some with the Urchin

Then went to the lfs and got some Feather and Grape Calerpa to feed the Urchin, plus SW and RO/DI water.

Whoop, whoop! will get pics, eventually.

Now pwc on SW tanks for sure and general light cleaning. Have to get everything acclimated.

Delapool 03-14-2015 10:17 AM

Went to the gym - ended up in the pet store :)

Bags of laterite clay arrived. lol - I was expecting more like gravel so not quite sure now what to do with it. Probably keep some for DIY substrate tabs and send rest on.

shellyx 03-14-2015 10:22 AM

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank. Had to put most of his plant's back in he's constantly removing them, sick of seeing them floating!
Adding more ninja shrimp to my vampire tank I really like them :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

TheresaM 03-14-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delapool (Post 3183418)
Went to the gym - ended up in the pet store :)

Funny how that ends up happening :whistle:

emeraldking 03-14-2015 11:13 AM

Replacing some internal mechanical filters by internal sponge filters today...

TheresaM 03-14-2015 11:16 AM

Yesterday was acclimate a bunch of new fish day...absolutely love the peacock gudgeons, so glad I decided to get them!

Today I'd like to get pics of the new fish, have to do some work on plants, and I'd like to pick up a betta for the NPT project.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...3a585e4fa7.jpg

ImACoolguy 03-14-2015 11:21 AM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
1 Attachment(s)
This was the other day but added some new plants! Also seeing some sprouts on my Rotala! And finally added a very fat pictus. I've looked at bloating and his came overnight so I don't think it's that. Think he just ate too much. Excuse the air hose, dojo loves to dig it up after I put it back lol.

Attachment 267267


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ImACoolguy 03-14-2015 11:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 267268
Attachment 267269


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

TheresaM 03-14-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3183459)
This was the other day but added some new plants! Also seeing some sprouts on my Rotala! And finally added a very fat pictus. I've looked at bloating and his came overnight so I don't think it's that. Think he just ate too much. Excuse the air hose, dojo loves to dig it up after I put it back lol.




What is the plant kind of in the front center, just right of the rock?

ImACoolguy 03-14-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3183473)
What is the plant kind of in the front center, just right of the rock?


Pennywort I believe it was. I get them mixed up >.<


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

TheresaM 03-14-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3183504)
Pennywort I believe it was. I get them mixed up >.<


Could be....I've always kept it floating so it looks different to me planted!

ImACoolguy 03-14-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3183508)
Could be....I've always kept it floating so it looks different to me planted!


Trying to cover up floor space for the ropefish. It's a little too open for his liking when the light is on so maybe some more ground cover will help him feel for comfortable. He's the biggest fish in the tank by 5 inches so he wins that hands down lol.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Autumnsky 03-15-2015 01:47 AM

Moved Betta from the planted topless Aqua Farm (AF) to the 16G last night, because the AF is cloudy, I think from the mucked Cuddlebone, He looked lovely and don't think the water was bad, but rather see him in nice clear water and there aren't fish in that tank right now anyway. Added the frags to the tanks and now fear my Urchin :brows:will eat them or knock them off... :( I see him near there now and am freaking out...........checking........

Well that was interesting timing. He went to the edge of the rock where my leather frag is crooked into a ledge and I saw him attach with his tentacles and lift it out of the crook and try to drag it along, like the collector urchin he is...and he is resting on my Pinwheel Zoa frag. I am worried to leave him, there and worried to move him over or he might drop my Leather!

I need some reef putty!!! And I might need a different set up for the frags and Urchin combination.

Attempted to add a new power head to my equipment collection from a SW keeper who has some unneeded items and get an Edge tank for my daughters' birthday, made an offer :brows: we will see.

Autumnsky 03-15-2015 03:35 AM

Here he is stealing the coral frags! 3 of them.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68575.jpg

Darylb 03-15-2015 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Took a picture excuse the container I'm holding 13 mini carpet nems for a mate and don't want them in my tank Attachment 267365


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

shellyx 03-15-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darylb (Post 3184127)
Took a picture excuse the container I'm holding 13 mini carpet nems for a mate and don't want them in my tank Attachment 267365


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful tank :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

fish wrangler 03-15-2015 10:48 AM

Adding ferts to my tank today. Normally would do a pwc but since I did one Friday not going to do one today. Also going to lfs to see if they have pangio kuhlii's :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

TheresaM 03-15-2015 02:54 PM

Yesterday: did a big WC in the Endlers tank, kind of a pain with all the fry but fun to watch the kuhlis get crazy. Moved Pi the betta into his permanent home with green rasboras and red rili shrimp. Seems so much happier than being alone, no longer hiding behind plants. Not bothering the rasboras at all and so far ignoring the shrimp. Added another cholla to the scarlet badis tank since they've been showing lots of spawning behavior, keeping my fingers crossed. Even saw some spawning behavior from the peacocks...is it a full moon or what?

And ordered by Fluval Spec 5 :dance:

Sill not sure if I like the floating moneywort or not:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...c3eb0b4977.jpg

Autumnsky 03-15-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3184376)
Yesterday: did a big WC in the Endlers tank, kind of a pain with all the fry but fun to watch the kuhlis get crazy. Moved Pi the betta into his permanent home with green rasboras and red rili shrimp. Seems so much happier than being alone, no longer hiding behind plants. Not bothering the rasboras at all and so far ignoring the shrimp. Added another cholla to the scarlet badis tank since they've been showing lots of spawning behavior, keeping my fingers crossed. Even saw some spawning behavior from the peacocks...is it a full moon or what?

And ordered by Fluval Spec 5 :dance:

Sill not sure if I like the floating moneywort or not:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...c3eb0b4977.jpg

Plant half and float half maybe. The Bettas love to lounge in the loops of plants near the top.

Your shrimp would love a Cholla wood or 2 for hiding and protection.

TheresaM 03-15-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3184382)
Plant half and float half maybe. The Bettas love to lounge in the loops of plants near the top.

Your shrimp would love a Cholla wood or 2 for hiding and protection.

There's a moss covered SS tunnel/cave to the right of the chain swords in the front. Back left corner are 2 SS mats with flame moss. Would you suggest replacing the java fern with moneywort?

Fresh2o 03-15-2015 03:58 PM

PWC change day. Harvested some snails from the shrimp tank for some shipments tomorrow. Also will be trimming and shipping plants.
https://i.imgur.com/CbqmyTj.png


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Autumnsky 03-15-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 3184412)
PWC change day. Harvested some snails from the shrimp tank for some shipments tomorrow. Also will be trimming and shipping plants.
https://i.imgur.com/CbqmyTj.png


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's just a drop in the ole snail bucket, lol!

Did nearly 3 gallon pwc on my 12G edge tank. Had a plugged up prefilter and it was causing a problem for the water flow. Changed that.

Playing musical lights on all the tanks until I set up the other one on my 12G rimless garden tank. Still need to order the 20W 50/50 compact cfls.

TheresaM 03-15-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 3184412)
PWC change day. Harvested some snails from the shrimp tank for some shipments tomorrow. Also will be trimming and shipping plants.

Woohoo, forgot about my snails :dance:

Angela1108 03-15-2015 06:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I added 5 more chili rasboras to our school. 17 now. Attachment 267414Attachment 267415

Itty bitty babies! They're finally starting to get their red which is super exciting. I just wish I could get a better pic of them!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

TheresaM 03-15-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela1108 (Post 3184510)
I added 5 more chili rasboras to our school. 17 now. Attachment 267414Attachment 267415

Itty bitty babies! They're finally starting to get their red which is super exciting. I just wish I could get a better pic of them!


I just love the micro rasboras! I got some great shots of my pygmy rasboras today while I was actually trying to get the gardneri :whistle:

Angela1108 03-15-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3184514)
I just love the micro rasboras! I got some great shots of my pygmy rasboras today while I was actually trying to get the gardneri :whistle:


Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together :)


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

TheresaM 03-15-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela1108 (Post 3184518)
Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together :)


I would love to do a tank like that! Have you kept peacock gudgeons? Peaceful, colorful fish for mid to bottom of the tank. Just got a trio on Friday :flowers:

Angela1108 03-15-2015 06:44 PM

No! I haven't but they're super pretty!! Definitely on the list of "later down the road" fish!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

stooker 03-15-2015 10:36 PM

Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.

TheresaM 03-15-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stooker (Post 3184716)
Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.

I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus :rolleyes:

stooker 03-15-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3184725)
I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus :rolleyes:

They have tankmates, still was really challenging... those things won't stay still for but a millisecond! Got some good shots of the cory and gourami.

TheresaM 03-18-2015 10:53 AM

Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...4fc0697691.jpg

:dance: :thumb: :smitten:

Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon :D

Autumnsky 03-18-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3186382)
Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...4fc0697691.jpg

:dance: :thumb: :smitten:

Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon :D

Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.

TheresaM 03-18-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3186527)
Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.

New goodies! What size is the Edge?

Autumnsky 03-18-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3186528)
New goodies! What size is the Edge?

6.6G long story... about my 6.6G tank which used to her tank and then she gave it to me for mother's day some years ago when she felt she couldn't keep fish for a while (moving a lot and such), and she always loves my tank when she sees it, lol -so she wanted one and it will be her bday in a few weeks, so it is a present for her. :thumb: $50 for the box of misc stuff, all remaining cherry shrimp and tank! This is such a great deal and gift, thankful to the seller too. I will be doing the aquascape for her tank, but she will tell me if she likes it too so we can make it what she wants!

shellyx 03-20-2015 11:30 AM

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank. Removed more frogbit this stuff is growing like a jungle!
Pwc on my shrimp tank, can't wait to receive my new tank for them next week! I'm definitely going to need more plants. And I'll be adding more shrimp as well.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

ImACoolguy 03-20-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3187878)
50 % clean on my elephant nose tank. Removed more frogbit this stuff is growing like a jungle!
Pwc on my shrimp tank, can't wait to receive my new tank for them next week! I'm definitely going to need more plants. And I'll be adding more shrimp as well.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.


Can't wait to see the new tank!


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

shellyx 03-20-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3187883)
Can't wait to see the new tank!


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks!
They'll definitely have more room as I've bought them a 30 gallon. Just means I'll have a empty tank sitting around :p

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

ImACoolguy 03-20-2015 11:45 AM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3187897)
Thanks!
They'll definitely have more room as I've bought them a 30 gallon. Just means I'll have a empty tank sitting around :p

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.


Time for another tank 👍 I want to get another tank for an axoltol they are adorable


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

shellyx 03-20-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3187898)
Time for another tank 👍 I want to get another tank for an axoltol they are adorable


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yep!
Axolotl are really cool, always thought about getting one but haven't a clue how to look after them or what they need. There's a woman near me that breeds them and they are so cute!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

ImACoolguy 03-20-2015 11:53 AM

https://www.axolotl.org/housing.htm

I was reading about them the other day☝️


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

shellyx 03-20-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3187904)
https://www.axolotl.org/housing.htm

I was reading about them the other day☝️


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Always good to research. If you do decide to buy one don't forget pic's!
I really like the albinos :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Autumnsky 03-20-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3187906)
Always good to research. If you do decide to buy one don't forget pic's!
I really like the albinos :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I have a friend who has a rose albino and a purplish one too, so cute but they apparently can get cannibalistic with slower smaller tankmates.

Finally ordering some supplies.

Pretty much accepted the lacking in my lights for my 72G tank. The stock fixture bulb must have been older than i thought (a couple extras came with the tank and in the box so I thought it was still new) It was growing lots of brown algae for me. My other two fixtures the Current USA fixture and the Current Strip aren't enough but I like it enough to find the larger one and buy it for the 4' tank I have a 36-48" and the 44" strip. I will add back the new single bulb stock light to the tank. Presently looking for the 48-60" light fixture. The quest for the ideal set up never really ends.

Arranged for some new plants for the tank from a local hobbyist.

Doing some additional pwc and picking up DD's new to us 6.6G Edge tank today, (got rescheduled) Still looking for another 12G!!! (bargain of course)

Cleaning day too - ugh!

TheresaM 03-20-2015 08:21 PM

Last night I did a WC in the Project Tank; the 16g, Endlers and other nano tanks got WCs as well as ferts. Put together another order with Wet Spot :whistle: Really, truly finally finished with the tank for the spouse's office, hoping that gets moved this weekend or next.

Have some plant stuff to do this evening. Also want to grab some moss from one of the tanks to tie to a breeding tube/cave for the peacocks.

The Spec 5 is sitting on the coffee table starting at me...I didn't order enough sand so I'm waiting for that as well as some aquarium silicone to plug the filter bypass. Guess it gives me time to think about plants for the tank....

ImACoolguy 03-20-2015 09:40 PM

75% water change on 45g so me and my brother could move it to fit in a new stand for the 40g.

Doing water changes on all the other ranks Tommorow.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

fish wrangler 03-20-2015 09:42 PM

Found otocinclus eggs. :D:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Squeaker 03-20-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3181167)
50 % clean on my vampire shrimp tank and rinsed filter's. Attachment 266966
Molly (my son named her! ) decided to come out for a nose :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I love her!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

shellyx 03-21-2015 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeaker (Post 3188413)
I love her!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

shellyx 03-21-2015 10:14 AM

Received my sand for my new tank, I've ordered another coconut cave for my shrimp and cholla wood . Still needing to order new plant's. All I need is my tank to arrive!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

TheresaM 03-21-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3188604)
Received my sand for my new tank, I've ordered another coconut cave for my shrimp and cholla wood . Still needing to order new plant's. All I need is my tank to arrive!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Sorry if I missed this but what are the plans for the new tank?

shellyx 03-21-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3188690)
Sorry if I missed this but what are the plans for the new tank?

Hi, I'm giving my vampire shrimp a bigger tank. Then I'm going to add more blue pearl shrimp too the tank as well :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

ImACoolguy 03-21-2015 12:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 267991
Attachment 267992
Attachment 267993
Attachment 267994

Got the new tank set in place :)

Attachment 267995
And added some Water Sprite to 45g


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

TheresaM 03-21-2015 12:29 PM

Aquarium sealant arrived so I'm going to plug the filter bypass in the Spec 5. In retrospect I really wish I had know about this when I got the Evolve 4, would have saved me a big bunch of work and frustration. Second bag of sand arrived for the Spec as well. I don't think I've ever had a new tank sit empty for this long....

I got another order of jungle vals from AquaBid. If anyone is interested in them these are great plants, $13.00 for a dozen (I've gotten more than that both times) including shipping. Need to trim and clean those, put some root tabs in the 16g and Endlers tank, and plant.

shellyx 03-21-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3188699)
Attachment 267991
Attachment 267992
Attachment 267993
Attachment 267994

Got the new tank set in place :)

Attachment 267995
And added some Water Sprite to 45g


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Nice tank!
What you going to be putting in it?
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

ImACoolguy 03-21-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3188702)
Nice tank!
What you going to be putting in it?
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.


A lone Jack Dempsey.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.