Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Nils 08-07-2015 06:00 PM

Today I planted some plants I got, and I love them! Redid Co2 mixture to build up some pressure, refilled evap from tanks and scrubbed algae. Pretty much just normal maintenance.

Fresh2o 08-07-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoppaRyno (Post 3261104)
Thats a fantastic idea autumn. I just walked in from the barn and it never occured to me ti do that. Brilliance i say..... Pure brilliance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Strongly agree with this. HGTV all the way! Second choice is the plywood for the hinged doors. I don't understand cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

TheresaM 08-07-2015 07:27 PM

Fish order arrived this morning including my first ever tetras:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...4c5d218c3b.jpg

Their colors look great with the peacocks and furcatus :flowers:

54seaweed 08-07-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3261102)
Rail and sliding doors!!! Like a barn.

now I like that idea :thumb:

oh btw turn the 42 bow front into salt and I'll give you my 37bow front for the fresh water see problem solved lol :thumb: I even stand for it :cool:

Autumnsky 08-08-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3261307)
now I like that idea :thumb:

oh btw turn the 42 bow front into salt and I'll give you my 37bow front for the fresh water see problem solved lol :thumb: I even stand for it :cool:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so many tanks! I will think about this... :brows:

Well fun fish day yesterday. Swapped out a couple Leather frags in part for a Older Mr Aqua 11.7G. It came with a cute strong stand with frosted fish and seaweed designs on the glass doors, with a hobbyist locally. It is of course the rimless but he made a lid for it, nicely done.

Have to run off to work but the quick version is went to the CAS meeting and got to judge the bowl show entries with my friend.

At the end was an mini There were twice as many awesome things because last months meeting was a picnic, no mini auction.

Got a pair of bowl Champion blue green Metalic Guppies for $7!

A huge water lily for a pond for 6 or 7$ with a flower on it to see what color complete with bucket. Now I need to put up my pond again!

And 6 locally raised Melini Cories, from little tiny to pre adult!!! for $20.00 So darn cute!!! I love them already!

A Betta for $2.

10G Whisper internal filter new in box for $5.

~15 Water Lettuce small to large size for $3. Trimmed the up to 18" roots to about 8" so they don't get sucked into my pump motor and added to my water fountain for the moment. Boy do I miss my pond...

Did 75%pwc on the new 6.6G Edge - added the Guppies and the Cories as a QT.

Put Betta in half filled 5G bucket till I finish moving things around. He is blue and yellow kinda - since he was so stressed out he was pretty pale. Can't wait to see what color he really will be. He seemed more colorful today but in an Orange bucket hard to tell the color.

Did 2G pwc on the 12G Edge.

I really wanted a gorgeous purple with a hint of yellow tail Moscow Guppy pair but some cute little kids got them instead. Since the seller is a member I will maybe be able to get some more. I am reverting back to my childhood!

Pics in the next couple days, lots of work for the next 4 days.

So far everyone is looking alright.

Pretty darn excited to continue to get all the tanks upgraded and their inhabitants redistributed, lol!

54seaweed 08-08-2015 03:23 PM

got a 35 hex also ahh nothing to think about

just got done rebuilding power head and filter for my feeder tank the pump that was in feeder went into trash as it made water a 110* no wonder my feeders cooked and also fixed the big hole in the side of my skimmer they break easy after dropping it

PoppaRyno 08-08-2015 10:40 PM

Did a major cleaning and trim, with a 75gl WC on the big girl today

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...97581fc8c2.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...b28fa9d241.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...8cbf1e68b0.jpg

Nils 08-08-2015 10:44 PM

Picked up a couple Amano shrimp for the 5.5 and planted a TON of hornwort that came today. Got so much that I'm giving half f it away to a friend of mine who is also into planted tank! completely satisfied with my tanks now. Co2 is working fine and plants are growing like crazy!

Saekalive 08-09-2015 10:54 AM

Currently debating the idea of doing a 20l. May start a thread on it once I get more money :D

Did a PWC on the 10 and rescaped dexters side with a piece of driftwood I bought from Triton +1 to him.

Considering rescaping the 45 with some rocks, but that will be a chore in itself...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImACoolguy 08-09-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheresaM (Post 3261282)
Fish order arrived this morning including my first ever tetras:

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...4c5d218c3b.jpg

Their colors look great with the peacocks and furcatus :flowers:

Very pretty!

Caleb

Autumnsky 08-09-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoppaRyno (Post 3262029)

That tank is spectacular! I really need to get Discus. Also need to get an auto water changer set up or else It will be an issue.

Filled my lily water bucket by doing quick pwc on the new 6.6G and the 12G Edge and the 15G tanks using the seasoned water.

Filled for evap in 72G and added the little betta from the bucket into a big bowl so I can see him now the bowl is cloudy and still can't see him. Maybe when I get home from work. I didn't want to acclimate him to a new water, like the planted bowl I already have on the table since I am short on time right now. That has so many plant roots I probably couldn't see him anyway, lol.

Added a bag of Christmas Moss I got last week in my trade and he's just swimming all over the place checking it out.

He is a pretty sad size and poor specimen - I am guessing he might have been some ones first fish or a save from the local box store. I will test him out for temperament and see where he might go to live. He might be happy to live in my grow out bucket and eat bugs for the rest of the summer, it might fatten him up! I have a soft spot for the sad ones. Hahaha...and I said no more Bettas!

Fed and off to work!

TheresaM 08-09-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3262323)
Very pretty!

Thanks! Colors look even nicer now that they're settled in the tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3262480)

He is a pretty sad size and poor specimen - I am guessing he might have been some ones first fish or a save from the local box store. I will test him out for temperament and see where he might go to live. He might be happy to live in my grow out bucket and eat bugs for the rest of the summer, it might fatten him up! I have a soft spot for the sad ones. Hahaha...and I said no more Bettas!

I had one of those! Never ended up growing to full betta size but had him for close to 5 years!

54seaweed 08-09-2015 05:15 PM

Very nice PoPPa Looking good :thumb:

PassengerTN 08-10-2015 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a used 20 long for future build and a 4.5" male GT from a local guy. Or course posts are useless without pics! Attachment 276366

Jesse

Autumnsky 08-12-2015 05:41 AM

Had a tank barely filtering and a few of the MTS snails were starting to crawl to the top, maybe to feed on the top, means something bad. Having a hard time not over feeding the new food it, is tiny - Golden Pearls I think. It spikes the water pretty good.

Cleaned out the filter, the sponge was mucky, water crystal clear though. I need to do a rescape on that tank, and my schedule just keeps me from doing what I know I need to! I ran out of Prime, think I have another bottle but can't find it. I used the last 10 drops in there. Rinsed out the filter sponge in a bucket of left over water I hadn't dumped out yet.

Bought some Aquasafe at the local grocery store, the lfs wasn't in my time budget - too far away, so that will work for fresh water but not any ammonia. Fed the Cories in the new tank a little glump of algae that was hanging off the edge of the filter out flow in the other tank, they bee lined right for it!

Blue Guppies are colored up nicely.

SW tank guys see well, fed the Urchin a big chunk of nori type sheet algae.

New sad little Betta has pretty color and comes right to me when I go near him. His bowl is 90% cleared up. Pwc for several tanks tomorrow especially his bowl. He has some nice aqua shiny blue color, unfortunately so scrawny.

edit: forgot to mention my SW Camel shrimp can now grab the pellets out of the water when I drop them in more than half the time!!! They are supposed to be pretty shy but they seem to be getting more bold.

Saekalive 08-12-2015 07:43 AM

Got a new filter for the 2.5 betta tank. Azoo mignon 60litre. Found out the heater on the 10 gal. Only works part time, so, going to get a new one soon.

Had a 45 gallon drip issue with noise reduction being the cause. I had put some panty hose over the outflow of the penguin to reduce noise, but I guess it started to catch water, cause it started dripping down the back at the 2 anchor points, causing white mold (*O*) on the back curtain, so, time for a wash xD. Need to work up a more permanent way to reduce the splashes....

Autumnsky 08-14-2015 04:26 AM

My SW 5G nano tank was blessed with baby Camel shrimp, not sure what to do with them but it was pretty exciting to see such a thing, they are so, so tiny I am pretty sure I can't even get a pic! Will try, but have to get up early and just got home a little bit ago.

I was just going to brag on the parents that they have become even more accurate at catching the pellets I put in when I saw some new baby snails and was pretty excited when I got out the magnifying glass I thought at first there were tons of bubbles swirling around and come to find out they are newborn Shrimp!!!

New snails and new shrimp. There are no fish but are a couple Hermits which might eat them... Don't know much about this in SW. Some people have said might live and others no.

dylan p 08-14-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3264994)
My SW 5G nano tank was blessed with baby Camel shrimp, not sure what to do with them but it was pretty exciting to see such a thing, they are so, so tiny I am pretty sure I can't even get a pic! Will try, but have to get up early and just got home a little bit ago.

I was just going to brag on the parents that they have become even more accurate at catching the pellets I put in when I saw some new baby snails and was pretty excited when I got out the magnifying glass I thought at first there were tons of bubbles swirling around and come to find out they are newborn Shrimp!!!

New snails and new shrimp. There are no fish but are a couple Hermits which might eat them... Don't know much about this in SW. Some people have said might live and others no.

That's awesome. Are they like baby brine shrimp size? If so I would suggest trying to suck them up and put them in a tank with just an air stone so the don't get caught in the filters.

Nils 08-14-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

That's cool! I would take out the hermits and put a sponge over the filter in take so you can raise them! It's awesome that you got them to breed, I'm guessing this is an indicator for a healthy tank! :)

TMRC Exotics 08-14-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Wow, very cool.

TMRC Exotics 08-14-2015 12:13 PM

Did wcs last night on the 60 gal mbuna tank, 29 central tank and 5.5 planted nano. Tested my cycling 20 high SW reef and still a ways to go. Finally got a pic of my new firemouth
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...d8ed5284e7.jpg

Hoping to get some severums soon and get this reef cycled.

Autumnsky 08-14-2015 04:39 PM

Baby camel shrimp...

Thanks guys, so very interesting!!! No filter in the little nano, I just do pwc. There are maybe 40 free floating now at about 5 hours ago maybe double that but I just got home and checked them. I will take out the hermits for a little bit. There is a bristle worm in the tank too. Here is the link for the thread. I took a couple pics of the neglected little tank, lol. Will get some up but you really can't see anything but little dots in the water.

I am hoping they are alive even though I can't see them in the water and might be on the rocks and in the little holes in the rocks.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...mp-339856.html

Autumnsky 08-14-2015 05:11 PM

this is a male Camel Shrimp - SW

the most representative spot to see the shrimp is next to the water drop next to the top of the heater there are 2 tiny babies you can get a general idea. Today was supposed to be pwc and wipe off salt from the tank so it is a mess in the pics - (it's called real life)
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69166.jpg
All the tiny white dots
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69168.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69167.jpg

The last 2 pics didn't load correctly.

Fresh2o 08-14-2015 10:03 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread. Go to the "Post your full tank shot here" thread.

fish wrangler 08-14-2015 10:58 PM

Focused on my sw tank today. Fed the fish, finally ordered the RO filter, and did a spot treat on the green hair algae.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finntastic 08-19-2015 10:31 AM

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. Here's what's going on in the tanks. I bought jungle vals, a peice of driftwood with anubias, and a new betta named Cloud. My krib and my female German blue ram died. I have a holding female jacobfribergi peacock cichlid and everything else is doing fine. My female bettas are all lovin the 40g and I can't wait to breed my yellow veiltail female to my silver double tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finntastic 08-19-2015 10:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And I also ordered a new light bulb for my planted and it came in completely shattered. Here are my planted 40g and my new betta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Autumnsky 08-20-2015 06:07 AM

Did about a 85% pwc on the new scrawny Betta, who is gaining weight and looking better. The water never truly cleared up to my satisfaction. Rinsed out the whole thing with treated water and we will see if it gets better.

I have ended up with a BBA issue in my 12G tank, about the time I started getting my plants melting! Ugh.

Moved a huge Elodea out of the 12G to my outdoor plant bucket and counted 7 flowers coming off the other one that is in there presently!!! I haven't really been paying much attention to them! Hoping that the one from the tank will perk up and not melt.

Last night did a 70% pwc on the 12G Edge, then a 20%. Lost one CPD and all the other fish seem to be okay still. Have to pick up some more Prime tomorrow. I have been so busy...

My new 6.6G Edge tank addition with Melini Cories and a pair of Guppies is looking perfectly clear, the momma Gup is looking soon to have babies. Like most female guppies...

I am frustrated from the new food "messing" with my tank parameters. I will be going back to the standby for a few weeks during this exceedingly busy time so I don't have any new mishaps. I have normally stable tanks.

That was the "bad" part - messed up 12G, today still yucky looking.

Good part was inspiration from the Butterfly Pavilion visit today. They had lots of FW and SW tanks - tiny baby BN plecos - looked like Calicos with their Cherry shrimp!

Got to watch a SW Peacock Mantis Shrimp cleaning out her burrow. Pet a big horseshoe Crab, and touch 2 kinds of Starfsh and a Strawberry Hermit Crab, and see a Giant SW Hermit crab bigger than a man's hand with a ~10" shell. Wow!!! So awesome, I was like a little kid (only I know more than when I was a kid about tanks, lol.) Added more Vals to the Koi Angel tank.

Had to switch heaters. The male Koi Angel is already starting to look less stressed, after about an hour and that is with me adding the other fish and the extra plants heater and filter.

Still having a hard time deciding about the extra tank (46G) SW or FW.

Tomorrow is another day...

Praying for no more losses for the 12G and that I can decide a suitable situation for the Koi Angel.

Moved the male Koi Angel and the young Angel into a temporary tank until the other decisions are made. The Dominant male in the 72G was attacking him regularly. :(

Did a 10% pwc on the 72G

TXaquaFanatic 08-21-2015 12:22 AM

Noticed some fuzz on my drift wood tonight while feeding my fish. Should I scrub it?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Autumnsky 08-21-2015 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXaquaFanatic (Post 3268458)
Noticed some fuzz on my drift wood tonight while feeding my fish. Should I scrub it?

If it is newer, then sometimes it gets fuzz or gelatinous looking stuff on it. Otherwise could be some "molding" food particles.

Did 50% pwc on the new temporary angel set up. There were a couple dead RH snails that I guess I didn't see in there last night and they are gonna mess up the little tank. I am using a internal filter in there like for a turtle tank with a bulk filter around the intake. Been in my other tank for months. I just don't want to chance it.

Not sure if my Rainbow fish male is the one beating up the female's side or the bully male Angel but I am about to just take her out. I can't find any other medium sized Boesemani females around where I am at. The last time I was at a far away not lfs they had medium sized ones for $14.99 and I felt like that is a little high priced, though if I had bought the other almost same priced juveniles a couple months ago they would be bigger by now :blink: Her side had healed up pretty fast after the mean Angel female was rehomed, then the new male ended up being a bully.

I think I just saw the Rainbow pair getting frisky!!! :brows:

There was a big slate in the left corner of the tank and the outflow is there and the Angels don't spend much time there so I moved it out which kicked up the flow into that corner and helped clean out some dead moss and other plant debris, so that was good.

Off to go examine what is going on in the 72G tank. Looks like some of the fish might be eating fish eggs or something.

RedDevil83 08-21-2015 03:16 AM

Enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

TMRC Exotics 08-21-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDevil83 (Post 3268512)
Enjoyed it!

My favorite part!

Last night was WC night, I've been doing some back to back changes lately so I'm doing a few more today.
Example at the end of the week since changes I'll do one 40-50% change (depends on tank size and stock level) then the very next day follow up with another 25-50% change. My nitrates are staying lower than ever.

RedDevil83 08-21-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics (Post 3268663)
My favorite part!

Last night was WC night, I've been doing some back to back changes lately so I'm doing a few more today.
Example at the end of the week since changes I'll do one 40-50% change (depends on tank size and stock level) then the very next day follow up with another 25-50% change. My nitrates are staying lower than ever.

That's a good way to do it! For me I don't have the time to do that much weekly but I feel I should.

Autumnsky 08-21-2015 05:02 PM

As long as it is getting changed!!!

I did a 80% pwc on the tank with the 2 Angels. I am gonna add a air bubbler too, They have clean water but seem stressed. I am gonna also look for any other dead snails. They have the cleanest water in the house. Pwc on the Guppy tank pair and the 12G again today then off to work.

SW -I did still see a few, so very tiny, possibly larval shrimp from the big planktonic swarm of babies. There are pods too and little tiny things, maybe also pods - like the size of a cell, lol, at least for my eyes and a magnifying glass to see it. Anyway I did see the shapes of a shrimp - larger chest and thinner looking tail, so I think I have a few of those still alive and maybe some are crawling around the rock too but I can't see them.

Last night picked out a hand full of Cladophora algae I was letting grow in the little 6.6G shrimp tank and it made a bridge spanning from one rock to some plants and they liked it and I thought it looked cool. Well it broke off and wasn't a bridge anymore and there was a glob in another plant plus a couple spots I hadn't picked out for a couple months so I got that all cleaned up. Then saw a little jump in the substrate area and got out the ole magnifying glass again and counted at least 10 tiny but not newborn shrimp brown ones. So obviously the 2 shrimp I had left are a male and female!!!

Was about to switch up that tank inhabitants to something else with a clean out and rescape, but since the troubles I am having with the other tank I tore up... I want to leave well enough alone for now and decided to get 6-12 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis instead, probably next month, I will likely need to order them as lfs can't seem to get it right and end up with a different micro Rasbora like the Phoenix. The other one wants $8.99 EACH!!!

Oh and the Rainbows were doing a spawn and I plan to see if I can make them a mop.

I joined the Killi Club of America and don't have any Killi atm, so probably getting something Killi wise soon our Colorado Club has amazing Kili breeders. I have been wanting the Fundulopanchax gardneri Innidere not very commonly found https://medias.photodeck.com/147293ed...dere_large.jpg

and I will likely try the Blue Gularis again as we have the best breeder in the area.

So the new direction will be a couple Killi and more Rainbow Fish. Then eventually maybe 92G bowfront for Discus with the auto water changer (depending on finding the tank for a reasonable price otherwise twin 72G)!!!

TMRC Exotics 08-21-2015 05:16 PM

That is a gorgeous killi. +1 on that idea

TheresaM 08-21-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3267628)
And I also ordered a new light bulb for my planted and it came in completely shattered. Here are my planted 40g and my new betta

Love the colors of your betta!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3268739)
Was about to switch up that tank inhabitants to something else with a clean out and rescape, but since the troubles I am having with the other tank I tore up... I want to leave well enough alone for now and decided to get 6-12 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis instead, probably next month, I will likely need to order them as lfs can't seem to get it right and end up with a different micro Rasbora like the Phoenix. The other one wants $8.99 EACH!!!

Oh and the Rainbows were doing a spawn and I plan to see if I can make them a mop.

I joined the Killi Club of America and don't have any Killi atm, so probably getting something Killi wise soon our Colorado Club has amazing Kili breeders. I have been wanting the Fundulopanchax gardneri Inniderenot very commonly found https://medias.photodeck.com/147293ed...dere_large.jpg

and I will likely try the Blue Gularis again as we have the best breeder in the area.

So the new direction will be a couple Killi and more Rainbow Fish. Then eventually maybe 92G bowfront for Discus with the auto water changer (depending on finding the tank for a reasonable price otherwise twin 72G)!!!

Crazy expensive for those chilis! I paid $12.50 for 10 pygmy spotted rasboras (maculatus)...of course shipping costs as well but I was also getting other fish :hide:

I've kept a few types of killies, found gardneri to have a lot of personality!

Saekalive 08-22-2015 09:48 AM

Did some work since last on :P and finally starting a tank thread to maybe regular post stuff xD

10g dual betta: 50 PWC and rescaped dexters side. Got a sweet 24/7 light from Caleb +1. And added 4 snails.

2.5 betta: did rescaped and got an azoo mignon for frank since he doesn't like sponge filters.... added some media from the 10 to auto cycle. Pictures to come.

45 gallon: 60 PWC and did a small rescape. Sent the female GBR to the 75 to hopefully get a pair going.

Autumnsky 08-22-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics (Post 3268751)
That is a gorgeous killi. +1 on that idea

Yes, that pic is from Sumer a wonderful member of the Aquarium Society here and a talented hobby photographer, from when he went and toured the CAS VP's fish room. (He also has had some things, pics and articles published)

So I can get one of those amazing looking fish sometime in the near future.

I mistakenly thought this was a Blue Gularis, and got a couple of those, but I think they could have had a parasite (from the fish auction) They were when there were many things going on at home with family and couldn't focus on them. And lost them. All other fish were just fine, that's why I think that.

Fresh2o 08-22-2015 12:32 PM

Trimmed the tank and got some new plants from Tiger Terror. Removed the Eichornia diversifolia and Blyxa japonica. Added Blyxa alternifolia, downoi, Lobelia cardinalis, red myrio, and Fissdens fontanus (from my shrimp tank). Before: https://i.imgur.com/pfA53wI.png After: https://i.imgur.com/rKemJZo.png More details on my thread.

54seaweed 08-22-2015 06:06 PM

added a few new corals and a few new fish

New carpet nem and Red Coris Wrasse
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...29ddf66d1c.jpg

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...a94a024c2e.jpg

New Trigger he is about the size of my pinkey finger nail
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...652675379e.jpg

New button coral
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...afbb3bf4fa.jpg

I also got a few more corals they're not open yet

PassengerTN 08-24-2015 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Toying around with hard scapes..Attachment 276961

RedDevil83 08-24-2015 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Going shopping tomorrow for new decor and backround, it's always exciting doing these things :)

Autumnsky 08-24-2015 03:10 PM

Buried the Koi Angel male yesterday. He was one of my top 3 favorite fish. He had a sweet personality and I will miss seeing his huge presence and gorgeous color in the tank. It is just not the same right now.

Moving on.

Moved the smaller Angel to the 72G from the temporary bucket.

Pwc on 15G Column shrimp tank took out a dozen MTS because my Assassin snail had eaten all his.

Cleaned out the 3G Betta including the snail poop in the sand and added in the dozen MTS for him to snack on. There were probably 30+ MTS shells in there I finally took out, it was lookin junky.

I loath the AquaFarm tank but still haven't been able to connect schedules to pick up the 2 new Chi tanks my daughter's friend has waiting for me. Maybe next week.

Trying out the Betta in the tank with the Guppy pair and baby Melini Cories. Added some additional plants for cover. Female Gup looks like she is going to have a heart attack from the stress of the Betta even though he hasn't done anything yet other than really check them out.

So might just move him back, he is so beautiful and the AF tank is so dingy to see through I can't appreciate him at all and he is so interactive with me I hate not seeing him well. And he looks stunning in the Edge 6.6G tank. Darn pics keep loading sideways even though I take them straight up and down and can see them like they are supposed to be..apologies, I don't have time to fix it now. He has more yellow in the folds of his anal fin too.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69196.jpg

Pwc on the Betta 2G bowl too and the other 6.6G Edge and 50%pwc on the 12G Edge and am gonna try running some carbon and clean the filter out gently too. That tank not being crystal clear is driving me crazy. It is usually got tannins but clear.

Saekalive 08-24-2015 10:16 PM

Diy co2 kit is on its way! Finally going to the high tech planted side :P

Mattyfelts 08-24-2015 10:46 PM

Installed an internal filter into my 60 for increased surface agitation. Moved some corals round in the 20

Nils 08-24-2015 10:56 PM

Did a TON of research on the red eyed red tailed puffer, trying to get my hands on 1 or 2 for the 16 once the GBR is moved out. He's sick right now pretty bad and I don't think he can hold on for much longer. Anyone have any info about these puffers? I'd really appreciate any kind of info!

shellyx 08-25-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3270078)
Buried the Koi Angel male yesterday. He was one of my top 3 favorite fish. He had a sweet personality and I will miss seeing his huge presence and gorgeous color in the tank. It is just not the same right now.

Moving on.

Moved the smaller Angel to the 72G from the temporary bucket.

Pwc on 15G Column shrimp tank took out a dozen MTS because my Assassin snail had eaten all his.

Cleaned out the 3G Betta including the snail poop in the sand and added in the dozen MTS for him to snack on. There were probably 30+ MTS shells in there I finally took out, it was lookin junky.

I loath the AquaFarm tank but still haven't been able to connect schedules to pick up the 2 new Chi tanks my daughter's friend has waiting for me. Maybe next week.

Trying out the Betta in the tank with the Guppy pair and baby Melini Cories. Added some additional plants for cover. Female Gup looks like she is going to have a heart attack from the stress of the Betta even though he hasn't done anything yet other than really check them out.

So might just move him back, he is so beautiful and the AF tank is so dingy to see through I can't appreciate him at all and he is so interactive with me I hate not seeing him well. And he looks stunning in the Edge 6.6G tank. Darn pics keep loading sideways even though I take them straight up and down and can see them like they are supposed to be..apologies, I don't have time to fix it now. He has more yellow in the folds of his anal fin too.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture69196.jpg

Pwc on the Betta 2G bowl too and the other 6.6G Edge and 50%pwc on the 12G Edge and am gonna try running some carbon and clean the filter out gently too. That tank not being crystal clear is driving me crazy. It is usually got tannins but clear.

Sorry to hear about your koi angel autumn :( it's never easy losing fish especially one's we get attached to.
Oh and beautiful betta! I'm actually looking for one as well.
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Johnny32561 08-25-2015 11:13 PM

Tried to photograph my fish...

fish wrangler 08-26-2015 12:06 PM

Think my canister filter for my 75 came in today. Have some things to get done before I open it though :(

Autumnsky 08-26-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3270539)
Sorry to hear about your koi angel autumn :( it's never easy losing fish especially one's we get attached to.
Oh and beautiful betta! I'm actually looking for one as well.
Lesley

Thank you. This week I am very frustrated with my tanks and my time to which I feel it will be good to condense some things/eliminate some things.

My Urchin looks like he is on his way out too. Sad and depressing. Tbh I am having a moment here in fish land. It will pass and we will have a better day soon.

The 12G Bolbitis is damaged and some leaves are greyish. So I guess they will get a trim. My Oto in that tank is getting fat I think from the extra algae. (hopefully that is all it is) He is active and swimming more and out in the open more too since I took out a bunch of extra plants. As are the CPD's. I am considering moving them into a tank with just some Vals in the back so they are out more and I can see them.

Also still deciding about what to do with the SW tank. The pair of Saddleback Clowns are looking quite beautiful now that they are maturing and gaining some of the russet maroon color. They love to hide in the rocks though so don't always see them.

Lots of decisions to be made on the tanks and stocking changes. I still have a black 46G bowfront sitting on my patio, unused (and the stand sitting in the side of my LR). :eek: Gotta move the 35G SW tank to put it in that spot.

Oh, how I wish I had a week to just take care of the fish tank shuffle.

54seaweed 08-26-2015 04:35 PM

Woke up this morning to almost having a stroke , My carpet nem decided it was going to roam and got stuck in the intake , I wound up cutting up the strainer and tub of the intake to remove the nem, strange part is it don't seem to show any ill effects after being stuck and sucked in the intake , It's going to cost somewhere between 20 and 25 bucks to fix ,my biggest issue is these parts can't be found local , due to the odd shaped tubing I'm looking at like a week ,

I have 2 small chunks that came from the nem wonder if I keep them in the sump if they'll grow,

he shows no sign of being upset after it's long battle with the intake and me cutting apart the intake to remove him ,
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...b31d05c0f9.jpg

TXaquaFanatic 08-26-2015 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did some planting today!

Fresh2o 08-26-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3271196)
Woke up this morning to almost having a stroke , My carpet nem decided it was going to roam and got stuck in the intake , I wound up cutting up the strainer and tub of the intake to remove the nem...

That's too bad about the nem and your wallet. Is there a way to put a "cage" around the intake? Something to prevent it from coming in contact with the actually slotted section of the intake. Just a thought.

Autumnsky 08-27-2015 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3271196)
Woke up this morning to almost having a stroke , My carpet nem decided it was going to roam and got stuck in the intake , I wound up cutting up the strainer and tub of the intake to remove the nem, strange part is it don't seem to show any ill effects after being stuck and sucked in the intake , It's going to cost somewhere between 20 and 25 bucks to fix ,my biggest issue is these parts can't be found local , due to the odd shaped tubing I'm looking at like a week ,

I have 2 small chunks that came from the nem wonder if I keep them in the sump if they'll grow,

he shows no sign of being upset after it's long battle with the intake and me cutting apart the intake to remove him ,
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...b31d05c0f9.jpg

Wow - that sounds like the kind of excitement one can do without! Hope you get 2 more out of the experience. He seems cheery enough in the pic. That seems like a really dramatic way to frag something Seaweed...

My Guppy has a split tail today after I got home from work, so the Betta must go back to his previous domain. I am guessing it would be his fault, though Gups tail could have got caught in the filter intake...but I doubt it.

Picked up a new 50/50 light bulb for the little 5G SW tank the other one has about 1/4 inch of salt spray stuck / "cemented" on to it. Probably not too useful.

Picked up a couple more Fluval Edge sponge prefilters for the Edge tanks, and they were clearanced for less than half price. And I needed them anyway.

shellyx 08-27-2015 09:29 AM

Big clean on my elephant nose tank.
Rehomed my ABN too my friend, couldn't leave her in with my shrimp any longer, sad to see her go :(
Lost my 3yrs old vampire shrimp due to his molt, left with young one's now.
So a pretty rubbish week!
Lesley

54seaweed 08-27-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3271496)
Wow - that sounds like the kind of excitement one can do without! Hope you get 2 more out of the experience. He seems cheery enough in the pic. That seems like a really dramatic way to frag something Seaweed...

My Guppy has a split tail today after I got home from work, so the Betta must go back to his previous domain. I am guessing it would be his fault, though Gups tail could have got caught in the filter intake...but I doubt it.

Picked up a new 50/50 light bulb for the little 5G SW tank the other one has about 1/4 inch of salt spray stuck / "cemented" on to it. Probably not too useful.

Picked up a couple more Fluval Edge sponge prefilters for the Edge tanks, and they were clearanced for less than half price. And I needed them anyway.

now if you saw me frag mushrooms that's dramatic , I still hear BZZZ when ever I look at them
I'm becoming baffled I filled my 40g with water yesterday and it seems its down about 3 gal again , don't see no leaks checked floor for puddles nothing , evaporation yes that's normal my 90g don't loose that much in evaporation maybe 1/2g per day I'm just confused with the 40g 3g per day seems a bit much , never had this kind of evap when it was freshwater

fish wrangler 08-27-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3271667)
I'm becoming baffled I filled my 40g with water yesterday and it seems its down about 3 gal again , don't see no leaks checked floor for puddles nothing , evaporation yes that's normal my 90g don't loose that much in evaporation maybe 1/2g per day I'm just confused with the 40g 3g per day seems a bit much , never had this kind of evap when it was freshwater

You have got some thirsty fish!

Autumnsky 08-27-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3271538)
Big clean on my elephant nose tank.
Rehomed my ABN too my friend, couldn't leave her in with my shrimp any longer, sad to see her go :(
Lost my 3yrs old vampire shrimp due to his molt, left with young one's now.
So a pretty rubbish week!
Lesley

Ah dang, was hoping for the best. So sorry. Maybe he was getting old? I don't know how long they live.

My heart goes out to you - Oh how I understand the sadness and frustration.

54seaweed 08-27-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish wrangler (Post 3271765)
You have got some thirsty fish!

must be

something about this 40 I think it's posest , more strange things happen in or around that tank

Autumnsky 08-28-2015 03:48 AM

Well, latest in the mess I am dealing with is started a pwc on the 12G then found a dead fish which was then 2 dead fish, then another as I am doing the pwc at the time I am freaking out! So I up the speed on the pwc and dose some prime and then get the DW out. I was trimming it of greying Bolbitus leaves when that happened with the fish popping up dead.

I got out all the fish and put them into an emergency 5G bucket with the plants and DW.

Cleaned the filter. Think stirring up all the muck in the substrate pushed them over the edge.

I ended up saving about a dozen CPD's there were 3 that died. I don't know if they are all gonna make it because a few were listing in the water as I netted them.

The 6 Cories seemed unphased, and the Glass Cats seemed happy to get out.

So I cleaned out the tank and removed all the substrate, went to the store and got more Eco Complete and I am starting over again. All the MTS are out (atm). Reset the filter and the heater and am waiting for the water to clear. The Eco used to have a water clarity packet but it didn't have any today.

Those snails are poop machines.

Don't see any dead fish floating in my bucket.

90% pwc on Betta bowl with Betta,

100% wc on the 3G AquaFarm

I think my head is sore from banging it against the wall...(kidding, I didn't really bang it against the wall but I have a big headache)

Now I am faced with a decision about what to do with the stocking a little sooner than I was expecting to.

Fresh2o 08-28-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3271988)
Well, latest in the mess I am dealing with...

Wow! Another day and this may have turned out even worse. System crash?
Rather uneventful aquarium evening for me. Plucked water lettuce from the surface and replanted a few new downoi stems that were uprooted.

Autumnsky 08-30-2015 05:39 PM

Not completely sure but I think it was the near capacity stocking combined with new ammonia producing food, melting plants and then stirring up all the mulm in the substrate kind of crash. Perfect storm. Didn't have anyone to help me with the emergency and was working so rushed didn't think to save a water sample to check on PH, but there were 2 cuttlebones one nearly worn out and one new one from a few weeks ago. So doubt it was pH.

All my water changes have been stressful for the fish, I think the water company changed over to the other water supply. Maybe chemicals from flushing the system or just different water. One more reason to get my RO hooked up I guess.

All fish in the bucket from the 12G have fared well no deaths. All lively and ok.

Just rescaped a quick new layout for the 12G, no planning really just grabbed some of what I had. The only thing was to make a lot less places for the CPD to hide. Try to not bring any MTS back in.

Tank was clear this morning, but then I stirred it all back up again moving around the substrate. Changes a few gallons of water out acclimated the 2 waters and threw them in. Nobody upside down yet!

This is stressing me out! I counted 13 CPD's so I didn't lose others, I didn't know about.

So 6 Habrosus,
3 Glass Cats, still looking for some more I can afford, and I don't have space atm for QT. I really really like these guys and would like a large number in my 72G if I get around to changing up my Angel pair to another tank.
1 fat female Oto
13 CPD

The Glass Cats will be moving out when I can they weren't planned for the tank, but came from my DD's tank when she closed it down.

So after some considering changing my stocking in the tanks I just left it because the Glass Cats need 10 or larger and the other Option is the 72G but has the mean Paired Angel male. I don't want any more trouble.

As for the young Angel in that tank it is keeping a low profile and is small still and can fit and hide in space big hand sized poppa can't. So for another week or 2 till I switch things around, everything stays like it is.

Thinking of ordering from either msjinxd or Wetspot, if the local guy doesn't have what I am looking for next month or the month after. Our CAS auction is in October so maybe some stuff then.

Also trying to train the Betta to deal with the Edge tank and it really isn't working yet - Minimal air space in top. I heard of one person using a feeding ring, maybe will try that next.

Never a dull moment with fish!

Thanks for listening :)

fish wrangler 08-30-2015 11:54 PM

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...0a855a71cd.jpg found this bristle worm in my rock, 45 gallon pwc on the 75, rescaped the 75, got my bad RW-8 powerhead for a brand new one, and traded in some plants for lfs store credit.

54seaweed 08-31-2015 02:27 PM

I no longer need to worry about those worms this guy take care of them now,
it's like spaghetti how he eats them ,

fish wrangler 08-31-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3273501)
I no longer need to worry about those worms this guy take care of them now,
it's like spaghetti how he eats them ,

Going to get 4 flasher wrasse to take care of them in the future, 1 male 3 females

Autumnsky 08-31-2015 02:57 PM

The 12G is clearing up nicely. All fish seem alive. Yipee!

My bucket of the 12G previous Eco substrate is in the yard and there are 49 MTS at the waters edge with the plants and mosses, rocks and DW. Anyone need any MTS? There are more in the substrate.

The battery in my strip light remote went out day before yesterday, so I need to dig one of those out of some where. I had an extra one come with my last purchase but not sure what I did with it. Long work day today - so not too much tank stuff.

Autumnsky 09-01-2015 05:07 AM

4G pwc on the 15G Column tank.

Added the last gallon to the 12G had left it out to aerate and help get the water moving better to clear. Watched the fish eat dinner in the 12G.

Added a couple gallons of water to the SW tank from evaporation. Added a tote bag next to the SW 35G. Have noticed a bit of algae on the side and decided tonight it was coming from the 5G tank. Will have the light on during the night as the 2 tanks 5G macroalgae Camel Shrimp tank and the 15G are sharing a light atm. So the light is on that one spot nearly all the time. Had a straw placemat (getting very sophisticated there) to block the light seepage but it sagged down over time allowing a bunch more light to get in.

Added a gallon of water to the 72G for evaporation.

Used some fish water from the Betta bowl 1/3rd pwc to the planted bowl and watered the 2 house plants.

Added a bubbler to the 3G AquaFarm which has a bunch of snails and plants only right now and a few bits of food to feed the snails. And a quart of water to top it off.

Noticed some BBA on some DW near the top and some hair algae in the 72G, since I have moved a big bunch of plants out of the top floating, the light is getting in more. Also noticing my Java Fern doesn't like the extra light either!

I need to step up frequency of pwc on that tank this week and next to get the water cycled through. I am scared to do large water changes because the KH issues. I need to measure the KH and see how it is doing with the limited additions of Calcium, Epsom salt and a tiny amount of baking soda, only added about 1 x per month lately.

gemach7 09-01-2015 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did a slight rescape on my 55 gallon. Started to see some algae growth from new light so did a 30g PWC and since was low enough moved some plants and Driftwood around.
Attachment 277259

TheresaM 09-01-2015 11:15 AM

Just had a long weekend away to move the middle daughter back into her dorm; after 20+ hours of driving I was exhausted and only did a quick check on the tanks last night. Very glad I put a timer on the 16g light. Last time I didn't and the plants really suffered. The day-before-leaving impulse purchase female betta seems to have settled in nicely. Apparently she's ok with shrimp so I can start thinking about what type I'd like to have permanently in the tank. Fed the livebearer tanks and went to bed. Will update my tank thread later today hopefully :hide:

fish wrangler 09-01-2015 09:54 PM

Found what I believe is a 20T sitting by the curb. Had to go to work so I wasn't able to get demensions on it. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I have it :)

PoppaRyno 09-01-2015 09:58 PM

Nice find.

fish wrangler 09-01-2015 10:03 PM

Thanks, probably going to move my breeding assassins into it, and use their 10 gallon as a pond snail culture tank. I might even set it up as a behind the scenes DT though too

PoppaRyno 09-01-2015 10:17 PM

The possibilities are endless..... Every tank i put assasins into inadvertantly becomes an assasin breeding tank. Lol

enrgizerbunny 09-01-2015 10:28 PM

https://youtu.be/ngl9NKy44xk

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

cgthebeast 09-02-2015 09:30 PM

Fixed a filter, worked on a stand. All going well

fish wrangler 09-02-2015 09:48 PM

Pulled half a dozen day(s) old assassin snail babies from the parent tank, have a dozen or so babies in a Tupperware container floating in the parent tank for now. Not sure where I'm going to put them so they won't get eaten and have a heater now :(

Autumnsky 09-03-2015 02:48 AM

Last night cleaned out the 11.7G rimless Mr. Aqua tank. It needs to go through a serious cleaning. Just to make sure it will be ready for fish again.

Did a spot light on the SW 35G because the battery apparently died on the remote for the light.

Moving a few things around in the next couple days. Fish and plants.

54seaweed 09-03-2015 11:04 PM

power went out sometime overnight
lost siphon on my overflow had to correct it this morn and reset pump in the sump

RedDevil83 09-04-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3275284)
power went out sometime overnight
lost siphon on my overflow had to correct it this morn and reset pump in the sump

I hate when the power goes out, I panic lol

nwsharksfan 09-04-2015 08:40 PM

Might be off topic - but I fed my fish frozen mysis last night and forgot to put the food back in the freezer. Can I refreeze it or should it be tossed?

Less exciting(if that's possible), I did a 50% water change on my 92 gal Oscar tank and rearranged the driftwood. Also picked green hair algae out of my sw tank.

Autumnsky 09-05-2015 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwsharksfan (Post 3275755)
Might be off topic - but I fed my fish frozen mysis last night and forgot to put the food back in the freezer. Can I refreeze it or should it be tossed?

Less exciting(if that's possible), I did a 50% water change on my 92 gal Oscar tank and rearranged the driftwood. Also picked green hair algae out of my sw tank.

It would have been degrading and I would toss it. So sad though. If it smells like rot or ammonia I would for sure toss - if not the frugal side of me might feed one more dose to them. If it sat in the water (in theory, in the tank after feeding) they might still be eating it today so depending on how warm the house was... Smell test it...

Dumped a bucket of mucky water and moved my water lily(s) to a de-rimmed 6.6G Edge tank in the garden! I have to top off my water fountain almost every day and figured it wouldn't be any more effort. It looks cool. And I wasn't using the tank for anything but catching leaves in the corner of the too much stuff pile... I plan to plant it, it is readjusting to its new home and growing a bunch of babies. One part rotted off and it started growing new roots, most of the big old roots turned to mush/ died. Still miss my pond, might just hook it up again. It was just a preformed pond. Hmmmmm.....

Dumped a bucket of plants into another bucket for the plants to grow more outside. Saw about 20 little withered flowers on the Elodea and present flowers from the plants in the bucket! How awesome?

54seaweed 09-05-2015 04:00 PM

80% water change as my nem took a ride and died cleaning out outlet tub was a nasty job , there are chunks everywhere , I thought he finally settled so I turned on the powerheads , wake up today to a gray tinted tank , slowly clearing I made up my mind no more nems they do so well then decide to commit suicide ,
I'm going back to macro"s

fish wrangler 09-05-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3276127)
80% water change as my nem took a ride and died cleaning out outlet tub was a nasty job , there are chunks everywhere , I thought he finally settled so I turned on the powerheads , wake up today to a gray tinted tank , slowly clearing I made up my mind no more nems they do so well then decide to commit suicide ,
I'm going back to macro"s

Sorry to hear about that man. Maybe they just don't like the extra flow when the powerhead gets turned back on

Fresh2o 09-05-2015 06:27 PM

Went to a local fish club meeting. Walked out with some frozen BBS, blood worms, and daphnia. Tried the latter and the good tetras liked it. CPDs and embers were not impressed. Tried some NLS flakes. None of the fish liked them. One of the Amanos was dragging a large flake around but later dropped it like a dirty blanket. However, I did see an Oto perched over it.
The speaker at the meeting described a recent fish collecting trip in Peru. After that a small auction took place.
Assassin snails 10 per bag sold for $22-24. Crazy. Folks got 12 RCS $9. Unknown wild caught tetras sold for $2-3. Folks were bidding on plant trimmings. I think I might hold off trimming after this weekend and sell my stuff at the big fall auction next month.

54seaweed 09-05-2015 08:41 PM

He was a sweet looking nem too was about 16 inches fully inflated
never can win , the poor thing looked like a nem smoothie yup gross,
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...29ddf66d1c.jpg

he is going to be missed

fish wrangler 09-05-2015 11:16 PM

Very cool nem!

I made a quick Michaels run today for shells. Decided my hermits needed some new homes. Thought I saw some agression so decided to finally get them some shells

Autumnsky 09-06-2015 02:50 AM

Too busy to do much. Moved around some spare filters and equipment put some things away. Added water to the plant buckets and tank and fountains.

Talked to my friend who just got some little young Shellies! They are so little right now. I am interested in learning more. A member of the local aquarium society bred them! They are cute.

Delapool 09-06-2015 07:38 AM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh2o (Post 3276189)
Went to a local fish club meeting. Walked out with some frozen BBS, blood worms, and daphnia. Tried the latter and the good tetras liked it. CPDs and embers were not impressed. Tried some NLS flakes. None of the fish liked them. One of the Amanos was dragging a large flake around but later dropped it like a dirty blanket. However, I did see an Oto perched over it.
The speaker at the meeting described a recent fish collecting trip in Peru. After that a small auction took place.
Assassin snails 10 per bag sold for $22-24. Crazy. Folks got 12 RCS $9. Unknown wild caught tetras sold for $2-3. Folks were bidding on plant trimmings. I think I might hold off trimming after this weekend and sell my stuff at the big fall auction next month.

I did that last auction here for plant trimmings. And snails for some unknown reason :)

The AGM was done in 5 minutes and then the auction was 2 or 3 hours so in the end I thought might as well. That was first one I had been to and I did wonder if some stuff just rotates around between members...

Nils 09-06-2015 11:03 AM

Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out :D
Yesterday added a BN pleco to the 16, replanted some blyxa that came loose in the 5.5 and overall just the normal tank stuff. Planted the blyxa a little too deep, now that half of the tank looks empty. Probably going to pull it and replant again.
Trying to train one of the puffs onto frozen food, he's pretty skinny right now and I'm not happy with him at all. I'm giving up with frozen though and picking up some black worms next chance I get. Other than that everything is doing great :)

Fresh2o 09-06-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils (Post 3276474)
Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out :D
...)

If you can locate one in your area, it may prove to be a great resource. Save on shipping costs, meet folks face to face, video presentations from notable breeders, collectors, and experts in the field, discounts on group buys, door prizes, raffles, great grabs from auctions. Great way to find folks in your area that have similar interests. Folks in the group I'm in are also involved in local cichlid and plant groups as well. Plus, folks call you by name, not internet name.

54seaweed 09-06-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils (Post 3276474)
Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out :)

Where are you in N.C are you , I Know they have a fish club at the fort fisher aquarium in fort fisher / Kure Beach N.C. 2X a month,
Think it's the first and 3rd Thursday every month

Nils 09-06-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3276731)
Where are you in N.C are you , I Know they have a fish club at the fort fisher aquarium in fort fisher / Kure Beach N.C. 2X a month,
Think it's the first and 3rd Thursday every month

Waaayyyy far away from that lol. I'm in Charlotte and unless I can get someone to drive me all the way out there 2x a month then it's not an option. I found one in the back of the fish magazine, just need to send an email and pay and I'm in. Thanks for the suggestion though!

TheresaM 09-06-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils (Post 3276771)
Waaayyyy far away from that lol. I'm in Charlotte and unless I can get someone to drive me all the way out there 2x a month then it's not an option. I found one in the back of the fish magazine, just need to send an email and pay and I'm in. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Not sure how old these links are but here are a few things I found:

Local Fish Clubs

NC Aquarium Clubs

jandj1 09-06-2015 06:51 PM

Nothing today but added 3 green tiger barbs, 3 Australian rainbows and an Odessa Barb to my 20g

54seaweed 09-06-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils (Post 3276771)

I'll call one of my former co-workers who lives out in Charlotte see if he knows of any good meets ,
mean while I found a whole list in your area
https://www.google.com/search?q=loca...utf-8&oe=utf-8

happy fishing lol:fish2:

Nils 09-06-2015 10:48 PM

Thanks for the listings guys! Unfortunately the link that you provided, Theresa, is out of date :( That's okay though, it shouldn't be hard to find one. And who said I can't start my own? High school does have one, not an aquarium club but it is an ichthyology class that has weekly meets.

Anyway, made a trip to the LFS today, saw some dwarf otocinclus, cool little guys but IMO $35 a piece........holy cow, more than I make in a month! I did manage to spend $14 on downoi, if it grows it was a good investment. If not........ well, I can't help it :D

Autumnsky 09-07-2015 12:01 AM

Talked fish with a nice person at work. She listens for about 3 min about 1x per month and that is about the extent of it, lol.

I have started thinking the little Cories I have been under the impression were Habrosus are not salt and pepper Cories but the MUCH larger Peppered Cories aka Corydoras paleatus!!! So far the one is about 2.5 inches - about an inch larger than the Habrosus! With a few others all around 2"... :( BIG disappointment

That's alright, I will just throw them into the big tank with the Bronze and Green and one 3.5 inch "Cory" that also looks like a Peppered Cory only is an inch larger than they are supposed to be. Will have to get a few pics this week and post them in an ID thread to see what they might be. I feel like I should be in Texas with everything growing bigger, lol.

Need to find a new local home for my very large mouth Spotted Raphael Cat. Half my Cardinals and Green Neons are missing since I put him back into the tank another frowny face :( For both getting him a new home and for eating my pretty fish.

enrgizerbunny 09-09-2015 09:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Added a large piece of driftwood from a local river, took out my last artificial decoration and rescaped the left side of the tank. My driftwood was water logged and sinking before, but it dried out some so I buried one end and I'll wait for the rest to sink again. I'll spread some plants around when that happens. Before and after attached. The only thing I don't like about sand is how cloudy the water gets when I'm messing in the tank, but it settles down in a couple hours.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Autumnsky 09-09-2015 04:37 PM

Pulled out maybe 120+ MTS from the tanks and a bucket of recently removed substrate. Mailed them off.

Stirred up a mess in my 6.6G original Edge tank - changed the prefilter sponge and did a 2G then a 1.5G pwc.

Did a 2G pwc in the 15G.

TheresaM 09-09-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3278278)
Pulled out maybe 120+ MTS from the tanks and a bucket of recently removed substrate. Mailed them off.

Stirred up a mess in my 6.6G original Edge tank - changed the prefilter sponge and did a 2G then a 1.5G pwc.

Did a 2G pwc in the 15G.

How do you ship your MTS?