Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Alyxx 07-10-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmay33 (Post 2556045)

Sounds like a keeper! :) my boyfriend is the same way. That's awesome!! Did you end up with the hex? Lmk if you have a build thread. I'd love to follow. :)

As long as it doesn't sell before he can get the money over there I'll have it! And yeah, I will probably do a build thread eventually.

Edit - the tank is paid for and reserved for us! Woohoo! Now to go pick it up and figure out exactly how big it is! I should have my car back in a week or so, and I now have another reason I can't wait to get it fixed!

Tetra1990 07-10-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 (Post 2555144)

I don't live in Omaha but I'd live a new Betta!

If you were closer, you could have him. He's real pretty.

cbourg746 07-10-2013 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I added some more driftwood on the right of the 125g South American tank. Not sure if I'm liking it. Need opinions please.

Before and after

cgthebeast 07-10-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2556334)
I added some more driftwood on the right of the 125g South American tank. Not sure if I'm liking it. Need opinions please.

Before and after

Ahh, I think you should try to find a taller piece for the center or try to build it up. Draw the eyes to it more

cbourg746 07-10-2013 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgthebeast (Post 2556337)

Ahh, I think you should try to find a taller piece for the center or try to build it up. Draw the eyes to it more

Second attempt

jmay33 07-10-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyxx (Post 2556138)

As long as it doesn't sell before he can get the money over there I'll have it! And yeah, I will probably do a build thread eventually.

Edit - the tank is paid for and reserved for us! Woohoo! Now to go pick it up and figure out exactly how big it is! I should have my car back in a week or so, and I now have another reason I can't wait to get it fixed!

Awesome! So excited for you! Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

kjacks 07-10-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbourg746 (Post 2556351)

Second attempt

I like this last one best ...

Autumnsky 07-10-2013 11:24 PM

Not exactly my tank, but filled my little pond talked to all the fish and changed the sponge pre-filters on both the ornamental water spout/decorative bubbler thing, helps with aeration, and the pump for the trash can filter.

Checked all the tanks and every body seemed fine.

molliwopp 07-11-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2556548)
talked to all the fish.

Talking to the fish lol. I find myself doing this whenever im at the tank.

Water changes and daphnia day today.

Matt68005 07-11-2013 12:38 AM

me too
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 (Post 2550808)
Got back from a 7 day vacation! So happy to see my fishies alive and happy! :D

Did you use the block feeders? Im on a 7 day vacation too. Did everything else i vould thimk of. Big wc. Plenty of food the week before. Opened up the windows to let warm summer air in.

Coryluv 07-11-2013 02:41 AM

Added 3 otos yesterday. Watched them eating and doing oto tricks today. Very nearly as entertaining as corys. Who knew? And I thought I was getting them to eat algae or something. Fed them a zucchini slice tonight, but doubt they are too hungry because they were eating algae all day. Watched my pristella tetras act like a little band of piranhas at feeding time. They sure are enthusiastic eaters.

Autumnsky 07-11-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molliwopp (Post 2556681)
Talking to the fish lol. I find myself doing this whenever im at the tank.

Water changes and daphnia day today.

They missed me! :D

I was doing some reading about OEBT shrimp and I found some interesting comments about some shrimp...

Shrimp with yellow or white or orange eyes are "blind"!

Comments are being made that they are blind as they are missing some pigment which allows clear vision. So maybe like nearly blind or "legally blind" and can still distinguish between light and dark.

I am astounded! But also thinking it could be true!.

Recently I moved my OEBT tank next to my chair soI could stare at them more often. Lately, now that some are about to full grown size, I have noticed some different behavior, much more active and crazy swimming around the tank.

If they were of low level sight it would explain some of the really crazy behavior, especially dramatically emphasized movements and darting and a seemingly near impossible ability to settle on a leaf or rock like most any other shrimp will do.

This is mostly seen by a group of light to medium blue ones with orange tails and a kinda orange stripe down the back. There are 3-4 can't really tell for sure, and they are very crazy acting while the darest ones seem to be mostly normal behaving.

Occasional darts here and there and swimming like little ballerinas. Picking at the plants and rocks and moss.

This is interesting. I will post my observations on my OEBT thread! Wondering if anyone else has noticed this!

jmay33 07-11-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 2556845)

They missed me! :D

I was doing some reading about OEBT shrimp and I found some interesting comments about some shrimp...

Shrimp with yellow or white or orange eyes are "blind"!

Comments are being made that they are blind as they are missing some pigment which allows clear vision. So maybe like nearly blind or "legally blind" and can still distinguish between light and dark.

I am astounded! But also thinking it could be true!.

Recently I moved my OEBT tank next to my chair soI could stare at them more often. Lately, now that some are about to full grown size, I have noticed some different behavior, much more active and crazy swimming around the tank.

If they were of low level sight it would explain some of the really crazy behavior, especially dramatically emphasized movements and darting and a seemingly near impossible ability to settle on a leaf or rock like most any other shrimp will do.

This is mostly seen by a group of light to medium blue ones with orange tails and a kinda orange stripe down the back. There are 3-4 can't really tell for sure, and they are very crazy acting while the darest ones seem to be mostly normal behaving.

Occasional darts here and there and swimming like little ballerinas. Picking at the plants and rocks and moss.

This is interesting. I will post my observations on my OEBT thread! Wondering if anyone else has noticed this!

That's really interesting information! I've never kept anything but ghost shrimp, but it's good to know just in case

kjacks 07-11-2013 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my goodies in yesterday my water babies are all happy...



Attachment 185539

ddodad 07-11-2013 07:11 PM

Went to lfs to get a new sponge for my daughters tank filter. It's been a year since it has been changed gets rinsed every 2 weeks but think its time. While I was there saw some oto cats I needed more so picked up a few, and some frozen blood worms

Tetra1990 07-11-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddodad (Post 2557596)
Went to lfs to get a new sponge for my daughters tank filter. It's been a year since it has been changed gets rinsed every 2 weeks but think its time. While I was there saw some oto cats I needed more so picked up a few, and some frozen blood worms

Always seem to walk out with more than what we came in for. :guilty:

ddodad 07-11-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetra1990 (Post 2557729)

Always seem to walk out with more than what we came in for. :guilty:

Yup I always find with my lfs, Walmart and Costco I can never run in for just one thing. Good old consumerism

Cichlid ism 07-11-2013 09:54 PM

Did a 50% pwc and the fish are all happy!

cbourg746 07-11-2013 10:07 PM

50% pwc on all tanks. 125, 110, 75, 20 and both 55's.

Tetra1990 07-12-2013 01:09 PM

Wc on both tanks. In the 10g I have been babying a sprig of water wisteria that I left floating for about a month, now it's a nice mat. I moved it to the 29 which has a sprig of wisteria so I'm doing it all over again. added new dw to the 29g. It's been a productive Friday. On CL, I found a 70g tank+stand. It's 75 obo and for an extra $20, they will deliver. I have the $$ but I've to hold myself back from buying it. :no room; :bang head:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.