Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

TheresaM 04-07-2015 09:53 AM

Sold 2 good sized bags of dwarf water lettuce from the Endlers tank. Did a WC and trimmed some of the plants in the grow out tank. Boiled and scrubbed the rocks that arrived for the Spec. Ordered a group of furcatus for the 16g so plant work in that tank is at the top of my to do list.

Finntastic 04-07-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim B (Post 3199566)
Did 50% WC on all tanks. Cleaned scrubbed post pics tomorrow.
WC on:
150
90
55
36
30
29
20
10
10
Re-scaped 10 gal Mudskipper tank. Couldn't do the 20 gal saltwater didn't have any salt


Jim B from Tennessee

I would love to know what you keep in the tanks. Can you tell us.

Jim B 04-07-2015 12:08 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
5 Attachment(s)
Had a list made of each but app crashed so I'll just give pics for now since I've worked the last 16 hours and need some sleep.

150Attachment 269425 Attachment 269427

90 Attachment 269426

55 Attachment 269428

36 Attachment 269429




Jim B from Tennessee

Jim B 04-07-2015 12:10 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim B (Post 3199677)
Had a list made of each but app crashed so I'll just give pics for now since I've worked the last 16 hours and need some sleep.

150Attachment 269425 Attachment 269427

90 Attachment 269426

55 Attachment 269428

36 Attachment 269429




Jim B from Tennessee


30 Attachment 269430

29 (QT) Attachment 269431

20 Attachment 269432 Attachment 269433


Jim B from Tennessee

Jim B 04-07-2015 12:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim B (Post 3199680)


20 Attachment 269434

10 needs cleaning Attachment 269435mono seba

10 mud skipper Attachment 269436didn't have time to clean glass after rescape

10 Attachment 269437

10 saltwater QT

Betta Attachment 269438


Jim B from Tennessee

shellyx 04-07-2015 12:18 PM

Jim B your tank's are amazing! So gorgeous :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Jim B 04-07-2015 12:27 PM

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3199682)
Jim B your tank's are amazing! So gorgeous :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.


Thank you so much. It seems like the tanks we don't try at look the best. Our 55 was the first planted tank and went straight sand no fertilizer or co2 and it just took off and is substantial easier to care for than the 90 with fluorite . I think the main thing is water changes


Jim B from Tennessee

ImACoolguy 04-07-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim B (Post 3199688)
Thank you so much. It seems like the tanks we don't try at look the best. Our 55 was the first planted tank and went straight sand no fertilizer or co2 and it just took off and is substantial easier to care for than the 90 with fluorite . I think the main thing is water changes


Jim B from Tennessee


I want to know how you find the time to do maintenance on all these with a wife and a 16 hour shift... 60 hours a week and 4 tanks consumes all my time!


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

shellyx 04-07-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim B (Post 3199688)
Thank you so much. It seems like the tanks we don't try at look the best. Our 55 was the first planted tank and went straight sand no fertilizer or co2 and it just took off and is substantial easier to care for than the 90 with fluorite . I think the main thing is water changes


Jim B from Tennessee

I couldn't manage all those pwc! Lol 2 tank's are enough for me ;)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

JengoJengo 04-07-2015 02:14 PM

Fed and dreamed.

Finntastic 04-07-2015 05:13 PM

Your tanks look AMAZING!!!!! I would love to know what you keep in your tanks. And is that a feather fin squeaker syno catfish in the discus tank?

Autumnsky 04-07-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim B (Post 3199566)
Did 50% WC on all tanks. Cleaned scrubbed post pics tomorrow.
WC on:
150
90
55
36
30
29
20
10
10
Re-scaped 10 gal Mudskipper tank. Couldn't do the 20 gal saltwater didn't have any salt


Jim B from Tennessee


Wow, I thought I have been busy!

Great tanks.

Funny pic the other night of the Urchin sucking the algae off of the suction cup on the thermometer that was floating loose, :lol:
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68711.jpg

Nice clear tank and corals are opening up too.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68710.jpg

More poor quality pics coming soon! :rolleyes: of the killis and the baby Angel which is growing like a weed.

shellyx 04-07-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumnsky (Post 3199963)
Wow, I thought I have been busy!

Great tanks.

Funny pic the other night of the Urchin sucking the algae off of the suction cup on the thermometer that was floating loose, :lol:
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68711.jpg

Nice clear tank and corals are opening up too.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68710.jpg

More poor quality pics coming soon! :rolleyes: of the killis and the baby Angel which is growing like a weed.

That urchin is soo cool! What a great pic Autumn ;)
I think you've got the SW bug Lol your tank's are beautiful, but I think I'll just stick to FW much easier for me 😆

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

shellyx 04-07-2015 06:32 PM

Fed the vampire shrimp, they seem to be really enjoying the extra space, I haven't seen them as active before. Placed cucumber in the tank for my snails but my largest vampire decided she wanted it and has taken it off to her cave lol
Put the plant's back in my elephant nose tank AGAIN! he must've up rooted nearly all off them 😈

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

fish wrangler 04-07-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyx (Post 3199974)
Put the plant's back in my elephant nose tank AGAIN! he must've up rooted nearly all off them 😈

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Maybe use plant weights since he seems to up root them so much. Put the weight on the plant just under the substrate maybe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jim B 04-07-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3199907)
Your tanks look AMAZING!!!!! I would love to know what you keep in your tanks. And is that a feather fin squeaker syno catfish in the discus tank?


Thank you Finntastic. Yes that is our 6 yr old feather fin


Jim B from Tennessee

Jim B 04-07-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3199695)
I want to know how you find the time to do maintenance on all these with a wife and a 16 hour shift... 60 hours a week and 4 tanks consumes all my time!


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS


It's not that bad any more. Now we use a 55 gal grey tubby with pond pump and 25 feet of 1 1/2 hose in the bath tub to fill. To drain we use a small pump and garden hose. To do all the tanks it takes about 1.5 hours and maybe about 30 mins extra throughout the week for small maintenance.


Jim B from Tennessee

ImACoolguy 04-07-2015 08:33 PM

That's some fast work!


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Finntastic 04-07-2015 11:16 PM

What are you putting in the SW autumnsky? And some zoanthids, green star polyp, and pulsing exinia(I definitely spelled that wrong) would look great.

keegster803 04-08-2015 02:45 AM

Those are amazing tanks! Keep up the great work!

Today: did top off on my 20 gallon, cleaned my invasive Java moss, picked out some Cory eggs a and put them in the baby tank. Then dosed with my liquid ferts. Replanted some cabomba.


Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.