Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Finntastic 05-12-2015 09:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the tank. I do need to fill it up but the buckets being used to hold rocks for the pond
Attachment 272176
Attachment 272177

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImACoolguy 05-12-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3221708)
I put my reef light on the tank. It works its just kinda scary :ermm:

Also i just recieved my 15lb bag of fluorite the shrimp pellets should be here tomorrow.

Make sure u wash that bag good... I got the stuff and it took me 2 hours to get that thing clean.

Caleb

Finntastic 05-12-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3221717)
Make sure u wash that bag good... I got the stuff and it took me 2 hours to get that thing clean.

Caleb

I will for sure, there is a brown film coating the sides of the bag.

Autumnsky 05-12-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish wrangler (Post 3221283)
Regretting buying the two tetra species (neons and black skirts) now. Under a dimmer light they would probably be a lot better, but not under my light. Wish I went with a GBR pair and a school of celestial pearl danios, but whats done is done and I live with my choices.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3221708)
I put my reef light on the tank. It works its just kinda scary :ermm:
Also i just recieved my 15lb bag of fluorite the shrimp pellets should be here tomorrow.

I have used one light for 2 tanks - somebody just gets the night turned to day for awhile!

TMRC Exotics 05-12-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3221692)
Well I got 2 new fish today!

First one is a test subject for the JD tank. A male convict cichlid. JD is still the dominant one so far.
Attachment 272171

And a fully mature male angel. :) he seems to like my younger angel and they are swimming together which is a relief.

Attachment 272172
Attachment 272173

Caleb

Sweet! A new buddy for the JD.

fish wrangler 05-12-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hensleyjk (Post 3221590)
Near zero isn't cycled or you have too much of a bioload and not enough BB. Defiantly check water params, something's off

Using API liquid test my readings where- pH8.2, NO2 0ppm, NO3 5ppm, NH3/NH4 0ppm. In my DT I get a pH of 7.1, and the last time I checked the tap water it was 7.5.

They where drip acclimated for almost 3 hours so I don't think they died from pH change. I'm at a loss for what killed them besides bad stock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImACoolguy 05-12-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics (Post 3221739)
Sweet! A new buddy for the JD.

Oh yes! She has chased him out of her spots a couple times already. He's found a cave she can't fit in. Funny thing was in the tank he came from he was the dominant one.

Caleb

MissGurnus 05-12-2015 10:22 PM

Funny how things like that happen :)

PassengerTN 05-12-2015 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Convict is a jerk. Considering rehoming it. It fights my green terror a lot, to the point that the GT hides under the filter overhang. My jack dempsey doesn't give 2 craps about the GT though.
Attachment 272180

PassengerTN 05-13-2015 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife has been wanting a blood parrot for awhile. After scouring local LFS and petsmarts, no one had one that she liked. Found this guy today at our fav store, paid a bit more for him in comparison but happy wife = happy life.

Attachment 272199

Finntastic 05-13-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hensleyjk (Post 3222069)
Wife has been wanting a blood parrot for awhile. After scouring local LFS and petsmarts, no one had one that she liked. Found this guy today at our fav store, paid a bit more for him in comparison but happy wife = happy life.

Attachment 272199

Beautiful, my local Petsmart has parrot cichlid x convict cichlid hybrids.

PassengerTN 05-13-2015 06:47 PM

One of my petsmarts hasn't had any in months, the other petsmart has them but they are small and haven't colored up yet so the wife didn't want them. They're $10. A LFS has them for $9.00 but they didn't meet the wife's standards either. My fav local store had these for $22 :/ a little high but they're a better quality fish

ImACoolguy 05-13-2015 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great news! My convict seems to have made an impression. He has colored up and free swimming. Jack chases him a bit but that's to be expected. She doesn't care much.

*sigh of relief* :D

Attachment 272211

Caleb

dylan p 05-13-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3222156)
Great news! My convict seems to have made an impression. He has colored up and free swimming. Jack chases him a bit but that's to be expected. She doesn't care much.

*sigh of relief* :D

Attachment 272211

Caleb

I don't really know much about their compatibility so I don't know if this will help but have you tried moving some stuff around? Maybe it's a territory issue

ImACoolguy 05-13-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dylan p (Post 3222165)
I don't really know much about their compatibility so I don't know if this will help but have you tried moving some stuff around? Maybe it's a territory issue

Thanks I have thought about it. I plan on trying to redo some on the next water change soon

Caleb

Finntastic 05-13-2015 08:42 PM

I got my shrimp pellets in.

enrgizerbunny 05-14-2015 10:37 AM

I went snorkeling over a reef in Belize. Saw all sorts of fish- hardjack, grouper, tangs, saltwater angels, and more that I don't know, a green turtle, and swam with up to 9ft nurse sharks. I didn't have my underwater camera, but my wife took pictures from the boat with me and the sharks.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

MissGurnus 05-14-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny (Post 3222402)
I went snorkeling over a reef in Belize. Saw all sorts of fish- hardjack, grouper, tangs, saltwater angels, and more that I don't know, a green turtle, and swam with up to 9ft nurse sharks. I didn't have my underwater camera, but my wife took pictures from the boat with me and the sharks.

I think you win xD

NigelK8485 05-14-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Heyyyy, I'm going to be in Belize in a month.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Autumnsky 05-14-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

That sounds like a mighty big fish tank you were swimming in, lol!

Yesterday pwc on 16G QT, doing pwc every other day to make sure water is good.

Here is a pic of one of the Salt and Pepper Cories.
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68886.jpg

Here is the DG enjoyong the new home in the 72G tank.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68887.jpg

Angel pair one spawned again on their favorite leaf.

Getting one tank moved out of the house today, moving the inhabitants to a new tank, though probably a temporary one until I get the substrate in the other tank and move the SW out of the 12G and build a lid so the FW fish don't jump out.

And pwcs.