Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

ImACoolguy 06-01-2015 07:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got a snowflake clown and a scarlet hermit crab last night! So happy it finally cycled.

Attachment 273056
Attachment 273057


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finntastic 06-01-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3229589)
I got a snowflake clown and a scarlet hermit crab last night! So happy it finally cycled.

Attachment 273056
Attachment 273057


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yay, go Caleb.

Mebbid 06-02-2015 02:57 AM

Got started on my planted 29g hex tank today. Had to reseal it which is an absolute nightmare to do with a hexagon tank.. Ugh! I also got started on cutting out the background.

I am considering making some caves for kuhli loaches to hang out in but I haven't decided on that or not yet. I might also add some places higher up on the sides to plant some crypts or something.

But in any case, here's where I am at right now.

https://i.imgur.com/Sh1PFqN.jpg?1

If anyone is interested, I started a build thread.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ld-336663.html

flack31 06-02-2015 09:21 AM

Gotta do a 25% water change. And just keep on watching my riccia grow!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebbid 06-02-2015 05:45 PM

Got my Jaebo dosing pump for my reef tank today and I am impressed.

Only $81 here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00


https://i.imgur.com/9EmmhDa.jpg?1

54seaweed 06-02-2015 06:30 PM

spent most of the morning looking for a golden hammer and a purple tip hammer with no luck ,
I did find a golden grape coral , I also found a pink fox coral that I plan on putting on the other side of my tank , also ordered a pink flower pot and a yellow flower pot ,the torch I bought last week that I split into 4 pieces all 4 pieces are starting to grow a second head I'm amazed how they grow so fast , I lost my closed brain my clown decided he would play toss the brain and tore it apart , this is how it looked before he decided to kill it , really pissed me off I loved that brain ,
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68802.jpg
all I know is he better leave my moon brain alone ,
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/attac...3b407134d1.jpg
I won this one over memorial week end it's not exactly like they told me but I still like it , free who can complain it's a $60. coral

Finntastic 06-02-2015 07:13 PM

I've been planning about where to put some 10g fry tanks, one for my community fish, one for my cichlids,a one for multis once I get them. I am also planning where to put a 20g long rapids tank and a 30g long shell dwellers tank with multis.

ImACoolguy 06-03-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3230245)
I've been planning about where to put some 10g fry tanks, one for my community fish, one for my cichlids,a one for multis once I get them. I am also planning where to put a 20g long rapids tank and a 30g long shell dwellers tank with multis.


I want to see that Rapids tank build!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImACoolguy 06-03-2015 01:23 PM

Really getting the urge for a dwarf puffer. Thinking of taking down the 2.5g and 2g to make room for that tank. That and I'm limited to 6 tanks running in the house at one time 😠 oh well. Plan on a standard 10g that I'll probably go rimless with via DIY removal. Plants of course :) thinking of winding down on the big 75g tank and focusing more on a smaller scale for plants.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

flack31 06-03-2015 01:43 PM

My fish laid eggs!!! :D


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flack31 06-03-2015 03:59 PM

I need help with my 36 inch coralife t5 dual lamp. Do both bulbs stay on together or can you turn on either or


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mebbid 06-03-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flack31 (Post 3230550)
I need help with my 36 inch coralife t5 dual lamp. Do both bulbs stay on together or can you turn on either or


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They both stay on together.

Finntastic 06-03-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3230505)
I want to see that Rapids tank build!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I cant wait to make it, the problem is that its gonna be a while since i am saving up for a major fish and plant order this fall.

Finntastic 06-03-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3230506)
Really getting the urge for a dwarf puffer. Thinking of taking down the 2.5g and 2g to make room for that tank. That and I'm limited to 6 tanks running in the house at one time 😠 oh well. Plan on a standard 10g that I'll probably go rimless with via DIY removal. Plants of course :) thinking of winding down on the big 75g tank and focusing more on a smaller scale for plants.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also want to make a dwarf puffer tank, maybe a 5g.

ImACoolguy 06-03-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finntastic (Post 3230570)
I also want to make a dwarf puffer tank, maybe a 5g.


I was thinking standard 10g and DIY make it rimless. Cheap and effective lol


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

jonathan aqtank 06-03-2015 08:49 PM

I cleaned my 9g cube and cutted the leafs.
Besides i replaced it because i need the space right there. Tomorrow ill get one plant from my 15g and put in the nano

Jonatan.

54seaweed 06-03-2015 10:07 PM

this is the second time replacing the sand because of white hair,
well I finally narrowed it down the cause of my issue , it was charcoal that caused me the biggest head ach ever , not only after removing charcoal did the water turn Cristal clear but the hair started to recede, only reason I'm replacing the sand again there is just way to much to let it stay till it's gone,
this is day 1 of 5 got a good amount removed today , more to go tomorrow
did a 50g water change to be on the safe side , tomorrow I will get the other half and do another fairly big water change , day 3 will be digging out a lot of sand in all the rock crevices , and a small water change , day 4 will be adding new sand I am going with fiji pink this time around , as I got a good deal on it ,
day 5 will be rearranging again
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68957.jpg

Finntastic 06-04-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed (Post 3230724)
this is the second time replacing the sand because of white hair,
well I finally narrowed it down the cause of my issue , it was charcoal that caused me the biggest head ach ever , not only after removing charcoal did the water turn Cristal clear but the hair started to recede, only reason I'm replacing the sand again there is just way to much to let it stay till it's gone,
this is day 1 of 5 got a good amount removed today , more to go tomorrow
did a 50g water change to be on the safe side , tomorrow I will get the other half and do another fairly big water change , day 3 will be digging out a lot of sand in all the rock crevices , and a small water change , day 4 will be adding new sand I am going with fiji pink this time around , as I got a good deal on it ,
day 5 will be rearranging again
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68957.jpg

Man, I love that wrasse, what kind is it. And that gold stripe maroon clown looks awesome as well.

54seaweed 06-04-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Man, I love that wrasse, what kind is it. And that gold stripe maroon clown looks awesome as well.
it's a lunar wrasse he is close to 6 inch and very active

ya that's the bigger of the two clowns she is almost 4 inch and the other one only 3/4 inch ,they look funny together

Finntastic 06-04-2015 10:24 PM

I didn't do anything to my tanks but I finally got a video of my tanks. If anyone wants me to post it just tell me.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.