Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

unstopaBULLFish 12-30-2015 10:26 PM

Today I was told my otocinclus died..super sad..this dude was with me since I started fish keeping... I'm starting to have vacations..Even worse the oto was in the tank with my badis and the people who checked on my tanks didn't have time to take the oto out since they had to rush their niece to the emergency room...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

TMRC Exotics 12-30-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unstopaBULLFish (Post 3325219)
Today I was told my otocinclus died..super sad..this dude was with me since I started fish keeping... I'm starting to have vacations..Even worse the oto was in the tank with my badis and the people who checked on my tanks didn't have time to take the oto out since they had to rush their niece to the emergency room...

Aww man, sorry. That's tough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

unstopaBULLFish 12-30-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics (Post 3325222)
Aww man, sorry. That's tough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks dude, from what I heard te other tanks are doing good, got my fingers crossed nothing happens...I lie my rose badis.

MLHoenig 12-30-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunch (Post 3323102)
Same thing I do everydayAttachment 282515

"Try to take over the WORLD!"

(Couldn't resist...)

:angel:

PassengerTN 12-30-2015 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't even seen my tank today except when I woke up. I did drive to Chattanooga and met up with Caleb for a trip to Tennessee Aquarium. Dope place!

Jesse

PassengerTN 12-30-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter73 (Post 3325218)
Oh gosh... so two days ago I bought an ADA 45f 4.6 gallon tank (heater, sponge filter, etc.)...and just now bought a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long (heater, sponge filter, etc.). I guess I can admit I do have MTS. That is all. Thanks for your support.

Two nice tanks. I hope to set up a 12 long as soon as I find the space.

Jesse

PoppaRyno 12-30-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PassengerTN (Post 3325246)
Two nice tanks. I hope to set up a 12 long as soon as I find the space.

Jesse

If its the on I'm thinkin of,Those 12l are the shizz. Nice choice, broheim.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hunter73 12-30-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoppaRyno (Post 3325249)
If its the on I'm thinkin of,Those 12l are the shizz. Nice choice, broheim.

I bought mine here. They have 20% off right now so this is like $66 with free shipping. https://m.marinedepot.com/products/az...-aquarium-tank

enrgizerbunny 12-31-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unstopaBULLFish (Post 3325219)

(Cue lion king music)
It's the cirrrrrrrrclllllleeee! The circle of lifeeeeeee.

I didn't check my koi today because it was dark when I left and when I got home. He's probably alive, but not any better.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

KristaButler 12-31-2015 11:05 AM

About to plant some new plants!! That's always makes me happy. Continue to smoosh pond snails every am and pm. Eradication is coming soon. (Insert evil laugh) Putting in a tacky decoration that I couldn't resist and still on the hunt for a larger tank. :)

Hunter73 12-31-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaButler (Post 3325427)
About to plant some new plants!! That's always makes me happy. Continue to smoosh pond snails every am and pm. Eradication is coming soon. (Insert evil laugh) Putting in a tacky decoration that I couldn't resist and still on the hunt for a larger tank. :)

You know, Petco has the $1 per gallon sale going on right now....just saying. Go buy your bigger tank now while the sale is on.

Finntastic 12-31-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PassengerTN (Post 3325245)
Haven't even seen my tank today except when I woke up. I did drive to Chattanooga and met up with Caleb for a trip to Tennessee Aquarium. Dope place!

Jesse

Love that place, sounds awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finntastic 12-31-2015 11:19 AM

Well I'll say my peacock cichlids have been busy during the night. I have a holding dragon blood (more hybrids...sigh), a holding blue regal red shoulder (still very young so I'm guessing if there are fry they will be hybrids) and a holding German red (no hybrids yay)

PoppaRyno 12-31-2015 11:25 AM

Strip them ladies when time comes and seperate fry to seperate tanks. And mark whats a hybrid n whats not with strain. And possible strains for the hybrids you dont know the 2nd strain of.

Finntastic 01-01-2016 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoppaRyno (Post 3325435)
Strip them ladies when time comes and seperate fry to seperate tanks. And mark whats a hybrid n whats not with strain. And possible strains for the hybrids you dont know the 2nd strain of.

I will, I have an egg tumbler coming at the end of January (super late Christmas present) but I need to set up a tank for a betta first so I can move him and create an open space for females. I do know the dragon blood female is holding more dragon blood x jacobfribergi (either otter point or swallowtail) eggs (I have 4 fry of the same hybridization) and the German red is holding German red eggs (I still thank you for those, they are great)

Finntastic 01-01-2016 02:35 AM

Oh and the regal blue red shoulder swallowed the eggs

unstopaBULLFish 01-01-2016 07:41 AM

Came back from a red eye flight at 5 AM eastern time...checked all tanks..For over 20 fish one death..the Rose badis :(, the lone rose badis has never looked better..the oto that was was "dead" is very much alive I'm happy to say..all my other fish were doing great too

enrgizerbunny 01-01-2016 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looked at a much more peaceful tank with the rainbow shark gone. Now room for another fish!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Skyjacker07 01-01-2016 11:25 AM

I'm out of state til Sunday, hopefully no algae and all fish will be alive when I return.

Finntastic 01-01-2016 09:51 PM

Bought two java ferns, two moneywart (one was free), a pink arrowhead, a lutea, a sword plant (not sure what type), and a delta tail betta. Midnight has been dethroned as he is going blind as is retiring back to his original 10g and the females in the 10g were moved back to the 40g while Stargazer (the new betta) is now prince of the 55g discus tank.