Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

Tetra1990 08-17-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearancepuppy
Trying this thing with the 150 before I move it inside. Canister has been hooked up and running now a couple of days. Tested the water (it actually has sort of a greenish cast now) and parameters are:

ph 7.6 ammo .5 nitrate 0-.5 nitrite 5.0

29 gal inside looks very clear, and has THIS for parameters:

ph 6.0 ammo .5 nitrate .8 nitrite 1.0

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last water change in 29 was a couple of days ago.

I am having to wait on people to help lift and move this behemoth. It is incredibly heavy glass. Right now it is a little more than half full, and I am wondering if I might be able to save and use some of the water that is in there, since it seems to be cycling.

I'll help you move it.

Bubbles0oO 08-17-2012 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 113139

Added more plant clippings to my new 10 g ready for some RCS!

clearancepuppy 08-17-2012 07:57 PM

Into your house? :)

I put the (((dang auto correct))) goldfish hybrids into it for a test run and they love it so far. Just put some fake plants and some rocks in for them to investigate plus a pot to hide in. Filter is running strong. Noticed a very slight crack in plastic top rim near the center brace which I will reinforce. Have the glass tops on. Looks awful but fish are a lot happier.

aaronjohn20 08-17-2012 08:42 PM

Added 4 more green cory cats today for a grand total of 6. I think their actually emerald cory cats but I'm sure there's more than 1 common name. So far they seem to be doing pretty good and hanging out together. Added some moss to the 10g breeding/fry tank.

pcdebb 08-18-2012 09:49 PM

had to do some cleanup duty on mom's tanks. one of them had a dead chinese algae eater in it :( he had gotten huge, but on the happy side we found a baby black skirt tetra. judging by his size he's probably been in there at least a month, yet we just noticed him today. he's been hiding himself really well. there's three adults in there (along with two white ones and 3 read ones, i forget their exact names). he's the cutest little thing!

Tetra1990 08-18-2012 09:52 PM

Trimmed some dead java fern. Noticed 3 more baby java ferns. I have this stuff coming out of my ears:D

54seaweed 08-19-2012 02:41 AM

got a call today my new 100 gal is in ,
going to pick it up on Monday I'm stoked
now gotta think how to break news to wife LMAO:D:D:lol:
she knows nothing about it :eek:
guess I'll be spending most of the day tomorrow in garage
welding me up a nice stand

pcdebb 08-19-2012 04:20 AM

Oh no! With them kind of surprises you may have to spend time on couch! lol

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 01:17 PM

Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!

bloodlucky 08-19-2012 01:18 PM

Today I cared for my fry and went to petco and bought an algae scraper

I'm going to scrape the algae off now

And I just siphoned the tank yesterday as well

Tetra1990 08-19-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
Did a 20g pwc on my 46g bow front cause its been neglected for the past 2 weeks or so. I've had A LOT on my plate recently. I also topped off water on my 10g birthing/fry tank, and also the oscars tank. I had a bolivian ram given to me! I knew he was a cichlid so I floated the bag in the oscars tank. Well after I did alittle research I found out that they only get to 3 maybe 4inches and are a good community tank fish depending on what you have. So I took the bag out of the oscars tank and acclimated him into the community tank. I think that he thinks he is a corey cat lol!

Good idea. Mr. Oscar might of had an expensive snack.

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 01:57 PM

Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them! Ohhh and the oscar is inbetween 4 and 5 inch so I don't think he's big enough to eat him YET!

Tetra1990 08-19-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Expensive??? How much do they run normally? He's not very big, an inch and a half, maybe 2 at the most. He seems to be following the corey cats a lot. I did see that they like to be in groups of 5 or more I think it said, but I think I am pretty much stocked at this point maybe even overstocked, plus you said they are expensive so I would hate to think how much 4 more would cost me, let alone finding them!

Get your bolivian a buddy if your tank can support it. Both of mine were $7 a piece. Can we see a pic of your ram?

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There he is with the coreys lol

Attachment 113520

aaronjohn20 08-19-2012 11:32 PM

Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.

cbourg746 08-19-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Here's what I am going to be doing on my fish tanks tomorrow. NOTHING, not even gonna turn the lights on. With that being said I'm sure a few think I'm nuts but we are leaving in the morning and not gonna be home till sometime Tuesday. Our 5yr old daughter has to have a kidney removed tomorrow so there's my reason for it. I'm not too worried about the fish, its the plants I'm worried about, well not really but..... I only have a amazon sword or something like that in the community tank. Its living but its not thriving. I need to get a different bulb. I think the one that's in there now is a 10,000k and also the moss that's in the 10g birthing/fry tank. Hope they will be okay but its not like I have a lot of money wrapped up in the 2 plants. I almost bought a timer today but it cost as much as I paid for the 2 plants and plus I would of had to buy 2 of them.

Thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and family. Hope all goes well.

clearancepuppy 08-20-2012 12:29 AM

Sending you and your family a prayer for strength and a return to good health for your precious daughter. First things first.

pcdebb 08-20-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjohn20 (Post 2081203)

awww I'm praying for her, I hope everything works out

aaronjohn20 08-20-2012 10:03 AM

Thanks everyone. We are at the hospital now

aaronjohn20 08-20-2012 07:07 PM

Thanks everyone. Surgery went great and she is in her room resting! I just don't understand how they expect a 5yr old (6 in two days) to be down for 4 weeks lol