Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

pcdebb 08-20-2012 07:19 PM

That's great news!

Bearchumjs 08-20-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjohn20
Thanks everyone. Surgery went great and she is in her room resting! I just don't understand how they expect a 5yr old (6 in two days) to be down for 4 weeks lol

Awesome news! I was thinking about her all day. She'll be up and running in no time... 4 weeks... Yeah right!

Bearchumjs 08-20-2012 07:36 PM

I finally got my salinity in check on my pico start up. Added a new male swordtail to the 55. He is just what my tank needed!

Oceangirl 08-21-2012 12:24 PM

Lets see...
 
I Got 2 more platies for the main tank, One sunburst and 1 red wag to replace the one I lost. Removed the Endler Live bearer from main tank in now in with the guppies, stupid thing drives everyone in the tank to madness. Changed water in both tanks. Day 2 of treatment for a Platy, perhaps had a tail fungus due to nipping from Endler. Now settled down for a little lurk around the net. Should I get rid of it? the Endler got it free with a plant.

Bearchumjs 08-21-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceangirl
I Got 2 more platies for the main tank, One sunburst and 1 red wag to replace the one I lost. Removed the Endler Live bearer from main tank in now in with the guppies, stupid thing drives everyone in the tank to madness. Changed water in both tanks. Day 2 of treatment for a Platy, perhaps had a tail fungus due to nipping from Endler. Now settled down for a little lurk around the net. Should I get rid of it? the Endler got it free with a plant.

What kind? Picture? Male or female?

54seaweed 08-21-2012 01:04 PM

waiting on fed ex with my box of goodies

Oceangirl 08-21-2012 04:07 PM

reply
 
Four girls and one boy. The male platy is sunburst red wag I guess, the girls are a Panda Platy, DARK red wag Platy, 2 sunburst Platy. The one looks just like sunshine I have the best news!! I just got a new job, they just called me and offered!! I accepted!! NO More retail for this girl! :dance:

Oceangirl 08-21-2012 04:14 PM

....
 
3 Attachment(s)
They held STILL!! sort of!

BBradbury 08-21-2012 04:24 PM

What I Did to my Tanks
 
I'll tell you what I did. I got in over my head when it comes to the water keeping hobby and got tired of large, weekly water changes. Every weekend, I was carrying buckets of water up and down the stairs. I did this for years.

I read about emersing the roots of certain land plants into the aquarium water and the roots would take in the nitrogens from the fish waste and keep the water clean. So, I put Chinese evergreen, Philodendron and Pothos plants into the water. Just emersed the plant roots and the leaves stayed above the water.

I tested the water after a week and the ammonia and nitrites were "0" and the nitrates were at 10 ppm. So, I cleaned the filters and left everything else alone. I did top off the tank, but that's all.

The second week, I did the same thing. The land plants have been in the 5 large, tanks for more than two months. I've only changed out a few gallons a week to rinse the filters. The water chemistry is fine.

Mission accomplished. No more large, weekly water changes and the tanks are balanced. The new plants are growing very well thanks to the fish and the plants keep the water cleaner than I did!

B

pcdebb 08-21-2012 04:31 PM

That's quite interesting!

Bearchumjs 08-21-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceangirl
Four girls and one boy. The male platy is sunburst red wag I guess, the girls are a Panda Platy, DARK red wag Platy, 2 sunburst Platy. The one looks just like sunshine I have the best news!! I just got a new job, they just called me and offered!! I accepted!! NO More retail for this girl! :dance:

Beautiful platies. I like that panda!

I was wondering about the little endler though. Lol! I'll take him if people think he'd survive shipping to WA state and shipping is low cost.

54seaweed 08-21-2012 05:31 PM

well my goodies came

6 new corals 1 feather duster

tons of pods , brine , mysiss filled up breeder tank

cheatoe my other macro was out of stock :facepalm:

Duddits 08-21-2012 05:35 PM

Fished out my dead Nimbochromis Livingstonii cichlid :(

Bearchumjs 08-21-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed
well my goodies came

6 new corals 1 feather duster

tons of pods , brine , mysiss filled up breeder tank

cheatoe my other macro was out of stock :facepalm:

Nikki_kaiser and I want to know how you get your corals ready to go into your tank? So that you kill any parasites they might have on them.

54seaweed 08-21-2012 05:35 PM

breeder tank

54seaweed 08-21-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchumjs (Post 2083543)
Nikki_kaiser and I want to know how you get your corals ready to go into your tank? So that you kill any parasites they might have on them.

I Acclimate them first than a satlwater dip in clean tank water bout a gal swish knocks out any thing hiding than I add to my main tank

a lot will say quarantine first but I never had a issue doing it my way so I just do my thing :thumb:

Bearchumjs 08-21-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54seaweed

I Acclimate them first than a satlwater dip in clean tank water bout a gal swish knocks out any thing hiding than I add to my main tank

a lot will say quarantine first but I never had a issue doing it my way so I just do my thing :thumb:

Thank you, and your breeding tanks look awesome. The ultimate sea monkey tank!

DragonFish71 08-21-2012 06:58 PM

Let's see, I added my new guys to their tanks after being in QT for two months.

6 rummynose tetras

6 lampeye killies

6 CPDs

3 threadfin rainbows

2 CPOs

Tetra1990 08-21-2012 09:29 PM

Moved all of my young java fern from my 29 to the 10 gallon. Fed the crew and debating weather or not to get rid of ALL of my hornwort. Its pretty but getting out of control. Anyone want it?

aaronjohn20 08-22-2012 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got home from the hospital today and checked in on my fish and fed them all. Didn't expect to find any dead and didn't :) I feed them twice a day. I fed them yesterday b4 we left and late 2day so they only missed out on 1 feeding each day. Daughters doin pretty good. Here she is right after surgery!

Attachment 114023

As u can see she didn't feel too good but after some tylenol with codine and 1ml of morphine and she was better. Oh man, u shoulda seen her b4 surgery when they give her valume (not sure how to spell it), she was the goofiest kid around!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.