Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What's your favorite LFS? (https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/whats-your-favorite-lfs-337518.html)

ExoticAquarist 06-23-2015 10:44 AM

What's your favorite LFS?
 
Hi AA, I just wanted to know what your favorite LFS is. Mine is called Club Green Aquatics, it is a fish-only exclusively freshwater store. They have AMAZING bettas, angels, discus, plecos, african cichlids, and tetras. The owner is awesome and knowledgeable and will special order oddball fish like dwarf rainbows and CPDs. He will also find wild-caught fish for you. Check out their facebook page to see all the beautiful fish they have.


~ExoticAquarist, signing out

cgthebeast 06-23-2015 10:58 AM

Mines a place in Chattanooga called the Bermuda Triangle. Awesome fish store where they quarantine everything right when it arrives in the store no matter if it looks sick or not. There prices are higher then usual for that but peace of mind is worth the cost. Anyway this is a small store with wall to wall tanks, fresh on one side an salty on the other. They just built this amazing tea cup ray tank


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImACoolguy 06-23-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgthebeast (Post 3238872)
Mines a place in Chattanooga called the Bermuda Triangle. Awesome fish store where they quarantine everything right when it arrives in the store no matter if it looks sick or not. There prices are higher then usual for that but peace of mind is worth the cost. Anyway this is a small store with wall to wall tanks, fresh on one side an salty on the other. They just built this amazing tea cup ray tank


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice


Where are you CG? I've heard of that place and I'm close to Knoxville. Mine is probably The Aquarium in Knoxville TN actually. Their website is lacking but they quarantine all fish, Medicate if needed, and keep their tanks pristine clean. The only thing they lack is care for live plants. Some are not in the best condition. They are a bit pricy but also being the best LFS in the area it's worth it. Never got a sick fish from them.


Caleb

Reefer James 06-23-2015 12:04 PM

Southern CA.

Ali at Amazing Aquariums in Garden Grove is my favorite all around store. His display tanks are incredible and his SPS are on point. There's about 50 clams in here at any point.. The guy knows his stuff

Jimmy at Reef Lounge is a crook but he has the most capital around and the most coral in a shop. He has a freaking island haha.. You can usually find very affordable coral here but crooks man...

Tongs.. We all know tongs haha. My dad and I actually run the security system for their store... He's owned an alarm business since the 80s. Tongs has it all but the live stock is cheap from the lowest wholesalers use such as Petco... Love getting my live plants here for freshwater though.

405 Tropic. If you need cheap fish these guy make deals. Also the best store to go to for any clown loach size. IT's their speciality. They buy 100s young and just grow them out and move them tank to tank.

Sandbar Petshop Has a small fish following but always has good live stock. I actually worked here. The owner is a total jerk but the quality of live in there is exceptional.. Especially for Salt.

Oceans Tropical Fish, Mission Viejo. Dave is really starting to expand. He has some sweet saltwater stuff and his store is always clean. I also get some plants from him.

Coral Collection, Lake Forest - Hey this is where I work haha... Saltwater only, set up like a wholesale. We have a 2,000gal coral pool with a 300g refugium and 300g sump. About a 900gal fish system. Matt has been in the industry for 30 years and has worked at a few wholesales and other fish store. If you're looking for SPS frags we got it :) Super Nova BTS 2K - Inferno BTS $500 - Sell dozens a month haha

cgthebeast 06-23-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImACoolguy (Post 3238883)
Where are you CG? I've heard of that place and I'm close to Knoxville. Mine is probably The Aquarium in Knoxville TN actually. Their website is lacking but they quarantine all fish, Medicate if needed, and keep their tanks pristine clean. The only thing they lack is care for live plants. Some are not in the best condition. They are a bit pricy but also being the best LFS in the area it's worth it. Never got a sick fish from them.


Caleb


I'm on the outskirts of fort Payne AL. So yeah quite the hike for quality fish but this place is so worth it. Def check it out if your in the area, it's so worth it


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dallascowboys16 06-23-2015 12:48 PM

Neptunes Tropicla Fish in Denver. Cool displays both reef and planted and have good selection of fish corals and plants. Has been around for 35 years in the same spot and has a cockatiel mascot thats super friendly and lives in the store. Sharon and the staff are great as well. Never had a sick fish from there and the store is clean. If your in Denver its worth checking out.

Nils 06-23-2015 01:09 PM

Seashell Pet Shop in Downtown Mooresville. Not an exclusively fish store, but they have more fish than anything else. And tons of plants. Next I would have to say Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville, they have tons of oddball fish and y than any other store I have been to. Only problem is customer service, not the best but it's okay.

ExoticAquarist 06-23-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nils (Post 3238931)
Seashell Pet Shop in Downtown Mooresville. Not an exclusively fish store, but they have more fish than anything else. And tons of plants. Next I would have to say Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville, they have tons of oddball fish and y than any other store I have been to. Only problem is customer service, not the best but it's okay.


Cool


~ExoticAquarist, signing out


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.