150g ca/sa build/update thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We get our water from a well so im going to fill it up half way tomorrow and the rest on monday. If i use to much water and the well goes dry its bad lmao. Good luck with your tank! Im going to a lfs to see what i want to stock it with.

How do you plan on doing your water changes?

What do you mean? We have a lot of water in the well but i just dont want to use it to fast because my mom still had to fill up her pond and use the pressure washer. There is enough to do water changes. I have two 55g tanks right behind where i was standing to take that picture.

What do you mean? We have a lot of water in the well but i just dont want to use it to fast because my mom still had to fill up her pond and use the pressure washer. There is enough to do water changes. I have two 55g tanks right behind where i was standing to take that picture.

Oh alright, I just figured when your doing water changes, you will probably take out atleast 60 gallons. Didnt know if that would dry up the well

Just a heads up, if you wanted to go with the all female theme, I'd get the grammode, festae, salvini, first grow them out for a few months (4+) then add the jag as its growth rate is double+ everything else you listed.

Tank looks good though.

I seen you said your lfs has RTM, if they are in fact true RTM it's a no brainier... Breed them bad boys.

Just a heads up, if you wanted to go with the all female theme, I'd get the grammode, festae, salvini, first grow them out for a few months (4+) then add the jag as its growth rate is double+ everything else you listed.

Tank looks good though.

Thanks. Change of plans the lfs i was going to go to tomorrow i will be going tuesday cuz im going kayaking and hiking. The list will be similiar to that but the lfs guy told me he gets his fish from jeff rapps so thats a +++++++1 lol. He said he has some grammodes and red tiger motas

Thanks. Change of plans the lfs i was going to go to tomorrow i will be going tuesday cuz im going kayaking and hiking. The list will be similiar to that but the lfs guy told me he gets his fish from jeff rapps so thats a +++++++1 lol. He said he has some grammodes and red tiger motas

That's awesome if they are in fact from rapps.

Haha looks like this year is the summer of the grammodes!

Ya it is haha. I rhink i will buy about 3 grammodes a red tiger mota and idk what else lol. He said he has some vieja syns so ill c.

if they come from Rapps, why not just order them yourself? I understand wanting to support the lfs, but why pay the markup when you can order direct?

Because it will be supporting the lfs and shipping will add to the price. I can get 3grammodes at $22.50 but the $22 in shipping would be a total of $44.50 when i could get 3 grammodes from the lfs for $18-$25 and still have more money to get some more fish.

Because it will be supporting the lfs and shipping will add to the price. I can get 3grammodes at $22.50 but the $22 in shipping would be a total of $44.50 when i could get 3 grammodes from the lfs for $18-$25 and still have more money to get some more fish.

So your Jeff is selling them for $7.50 and you local shop is selling Rapp's fish for the same price? I call shenanigans that he actually gets his fish from Jeff then. I would ask to see a shipping invoice, there are many shops that tell people what they want to hear to sell fish...no invoice no deal!

then i would too, usually the cost of shipping will still be less than the markup on multiple fish. all of my fish come from the lfs and not the box store so i completely understand not minding to spend a little more for something.

Not they didnt tell me what they sell them for im just guesstimating lol. It will probably be $25-$35 but still less than getting from jeff

Not they didnt tell me what they sell them for im just guesstimating lol. It will probably be $25-$35 but still less than getting from jeff

I would want proof that he's actually selling Jeff's fish, I'd be willing to bet Mr.Rapps would be quite upset that someone was using his name to sell fish that weren't purchased from him! I even go so far to get import shipping manifests and location points for all my WC fish, it's to easy for anyone to lie and say they're WC, F1, or Rapps fish without proof to drive up the cost.

Last edited:
UPDATE: got the pool filter sand today and spent about an hour cleaning it and now put it in the tank. The tank has 50g of water in it. I am filling it up over three days. Also i emailed jeff and he said yes the lfs does get some of there fish from him.

Attachments

• image-619176204.jpg
    image-619176204.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 63
UPDATE: got the pool filter sand today and spent about an hour cleaning it and now put it in the tank. The tank has 50g of water in it. I am filling it up over three days. Also i emailed jeff and he said yes the lfs does get some of there fish from him.

You may not have washed that sand for long enough. I washed mine for 3hrs when doing my 125 and it still took over a week for it to get cleared up.

You may not have washed that sand for long enough. I washed mine for 3hrs when doing my 125 and it still took over a week for it to get cleared up.

That's weird I didn't even have to rinse my PFS at all when I added it to my old 125 and 55. It was a touch hazy for a day but cleared right up.

That looks play sand dirty!

Back
Top Bottom