2nd male GBR dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry if I missed this, did you test nitrates in your tap? You might consider larger water changes (50%).

And I know the bumblebees are brackish but I have also read that there are freshwater ones too. Either way they have been in there since may. Also my feeding is about every 3 days and I feed either frozen brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms or frozen emerald which is a veggie one.

How much do you feed them?

Maybe feed them smaller amounts every day, i would think the bioload produced in smaller quantities / gradually, could possibly give the fish a better chance to adjust to the nitrates...'m not an expert but people always talk about taking into consideration everything you put in a tank, including food

Sorry if I missed this, did you test nitrates in your tap? You might consider larger water changes (50%).

Yes I did, and the nitrates where at a 5! So I might start doing larger water changes. The ph was at an 8.8 and ammonia and nitrites where both 0.

How much do you feed them?

Maybe feed them smaller amounts every day, i would think the bioload produced in smaller quantities / gradually, could possibly give the fish a better chance to adjust to the nitrates...'m not an expert but people always talk about taking into consideration everything you put in a tank, including food

It is one thing in those la haves if you know what I'm talking about. And they eat it all with in 3 mins. Except the veggie one tends to sit longer. But I don't feed them that one so often.

Yes I did, and the nitrates where at a 5! So I might start doing larger water changes. The ph was at an 8.8 and ammonia and nitrites where both 0.

I just retested my tap water and it's 10. It's difficult to tell between 10 and 20 on the API nitrates test as the shade of orange is similar.

I'm usually happy if I can keep my nitrates in the orange. I can do that with a 50% WC per week (and feeding once p/day). Sometimes I do two 30's instead of one 50%. You should be able to get a feel for what it takes to keep your nitrates under 40 ppm. If the test is red, do a water change.
Good Luck!

I just retested my tap water and it's 10. It's difficult to tell between 10 and 20 on the API nitrates test as the shade of orange is similar.

I'm usually happy if I can keep my nitrates in the orange. I can do that with a 50% WC per week (and feeding once p/day). Sometimes I do two 30's instead of one 50%. You should be able to get a feel for what it takes to keep your nitrates under 40 ppm. If the test is red, do a water change.
Good Luck!

I will be doing this and keeping better track of it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom