30g cichlid build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
So now that I will be starting my 30g up again, I've decided the main purpose will be for breeding Bolivian rams. I want the rams to have some company, and I would like this tank to be only cichlids. What would be some good cichlid tank mates to go along with the rams and what's the best option as far as a clean up crew? I would prefer to keep the bottom dwellers to a minimum as the rams will take up the space while spawning. Advice is greatly appreciated!

I wouldnt advise of addng any in that size tank. Cichlids are all alot alike so during breeding things may get pretty rough imo. But their may be something out there im not thinking of.

So it would be better to just stick with a pair of Bolivian rams and maybe do some sort of school for the mid/upper level?

Yup, I agree with Andrew. I would just have the pair of Bolivians and then have a small school of something for the top, something like 8 Furcata Rainbows would look pretty nice :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom